Start by marking “Bitch Planet, Volume 2: Président Bitch” as Want to Read:
Bitch Planet, Volume 2:  Président Bitch

Bitch Planet, Volume 2: Président Bitch

(Bitch Planet (Collected Editions) #2)

Eisner Award-nominated writer KELLY SUE DeCONNICK (PRETTY DEADLY, Captain Marvel) and VALENTINE DE LANDRO (X-Factor) follow up on the success of EXTRAORDINARY MACHINE with the second installment of their highly acclaimed and fiercely unapologetic BITCH PLANET. A few years down the road in the wrong direction, a woman's failure to comply with her patriarchal overlords ...more
Published May 31st 2017 by Gléant Comics

To ask other readers questions about Bitch Planet, Volume 2, please sign up.
Michelle (In Libris Veritas) This isn't a site which allows you to read books. However, issue 10 of this volume is coming out this Wednesday and the Volume will release in May. I…moreThis isn't a site which allows you to read books. However, issue 10 of this volume is coming out this Wednesday and the Volume will release in May. I recommend checking your local comic book shop or library. (less)

Start your review of Bitch Planet, Volume 2: Président Bitch
Hannah
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't know how to review this. I always struggle with reviewing graphic novels - especially when it comes to the artwork (somehow "oh look how nice it all looks" really is not all that descriptive). But I also struggle with reviewing this in particular because I am not really sure on my thoughts at all. So, this will be a rambly kind of review where I try to sort my thoughts as I go.

First of all, I did enjoy this. But it also made me umcomfortable. But I also love the characters. But I think
britt_brooke
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Arrived - and completed - today! The intensity, devotion, and emotion. It's just all so well done. And the artwork blows my damn mind! The "advertisements" are so creative, funny, and sadly, true.
David Schaafsma
Bitch Planet is a series set in the near future when womens rights are long gone with the end of resources like Planned Parenthood and a womans right to choose. Women who do not fit into society's ideal image for women--physically, emotionally, and so on--get sent to Bitch Planet, and as they say on the cover, these women are "caged and [justifiably] enraged." Men take a hit in this one, of course, but women also take their fair share of abuse, for buying into and helping reinforce societal ...more
Chad
Jun 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I want to like this more than I actually do, especially considering there's a large portion of our population (including our president) who'd be content with society heading this direction. Part of it is probably that volume 1 came out over a year ago, but when I was reading this, I frequently wondered WTF was going on. There are a lot of characters to keep track of and they sometimes don't pop up for several issues. The art isn't really detailed enough to let the art tell the story. I didn't ...more
Megan
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels, lgbtq
So, I read this graphic novel last week during my dinner break, and it's taken me this whole week to figure out how to organize my thoughts. Here we go.

I read volume 1 of Bitch Planet last November, in the scrum of one of the worst elections in American history. I remember watching Donald Trump talk about abortion as if doctors "ripped the baby out, they rip it right out," reading about Mike Pence's beliefs on conversion therapy for LGBTQ+ folks, and listening to countless waves of white
Tori (InToriLex)
Find this and other Reviews at In Tori Lex

I was overjoyed to pick up with the characters in this series. This volume explained more about how Bitch Planet came to be, although there are still pieces to that puzzle missing. We catch up with the characters on Bitch Planet who are still trying to find ways to use their participation in the upcoming Megaton games as a form of rebellion. However in this issue we learn more about the horrors of male power being revered and unchecked at the costs of
Bradley
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's a lot to love in this, not even scratching the surface of the deep, deep sarcasm and rage-filled need to break out of the whole cultural slavery of the thing.

I mean, let's face it, the artwork isn't good UNLESS you're aware of the horribly patriarchal men's club nonsense of the whole '70's comic era and how this particular comic glorifies it even as it flips the whole thing on its head. And then there's the blatant nudity with real bodies instead of pinups. And let's not ignore the fact
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this even more than the first. There are some interesting new developments on Bitch Planet. We get to know a few of the characters back stories. Some twists in the story are revealed. The characters are great. You cant help but to cheer them on.

The artwork is wonderful and the full page ads return but this time they are advertising products for Non-Compliant women. I was really sad to realize there isnt another book for me to check out and I hope the author continues with them.

Content
Paul
Much better than the first volume imo.
brea
Ugh, here we are again...
description

I didn't even review the first volume, because I didn't want to admit how disappointed I was in it.

I want to LOVE this series; but I find, try as I might, I am just not a fan of Kelly Sue DeConnick's work.
description

She seems like a dope ass lady to be friends with, but I just can't hang with her graphic novels. They always seem to just be lacking something...

However, this is not a review of Kelly Sue as a person (again, she seems DOPE AF) but of a comic that I read, and
Julie
Better than the first volume: the plot is picking up steam and finally started rolling properly, and the arc with Eleanor Doane -- the eponymous President Bitch -- is so tantalising, and it makes me desperately want to learn what the hell happened in this world & to this society to bring them to this place, and what happened to her. I also loved loved loved Meiko's backstory, the depiction of her family trying to find a way to secretly raise strong, independent girls in this nightmarish ...more
Dennis
A 2018 Hugo nominee for Best Graphic Story
___________________________

This series is a weird reading experience.

Theres still not that much actual plot. But theres a lot going on nonetheless. Because characters, characters, characters and subtext and worldbuilding and oh all the details.

All these strong female characters in this world where women get imprisoned for being strong and independent. For being non-compliant. Oh the rage! Its time for a revolution!

description

The artwork isnt exactly pretty, but
James DeSantis
Well I'd like it alot more than 1 so that's good.

So after the death of a main character we have the rest of the women trying to find their role and still break out of this hell hole. The story doesn't skip a beat, throwing you right into the background of a main character and learn why her ultimate fate ended up that way. Then we jump into present time trying to build all these characters up for the big revolution. The escape. Do they do it? Well it wouldn't be fun if they didn't try.

Good: The
Elise (TheBookishActress)
This volume picks up where we last left off. If you haven't read this series yet, I'd recommend going back over to my review of volume one for a quick review. Here, I'll only be mentioning things that changed from volume one.

All in all, my opinion on this was similar to my opinion of book one, although I did preferr the more intersectional feminism. In this volume, we're introduced to some trans girl characters, which I really appreciated. We also see the scope of the story expand. And yet I
Logan
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good! So I FINALLY got this book; After waiting almost 2 years since I ordered it off the previews I finally have book 2 of this series! Was it worth the wait? Yes I think so, in fact the delays this volume had is my only real complaint about this volume, otherwise its great! So what started as a Orange is the New Black meets Hungers Games hybrid; has quickly become an interesting Sci-Fi social commentary on feminism in Society, while still being a well told, fun comic book! Without spoilers ...more
Jerrie (redwritinghood)
Another great volume in the series. I really like the way the story is progressing with the jail break and the reveal of the resistance, which is starting an awesome new lipstick trend. I also enjoyed reading the authors' discussion at the back about their thought processes in deciding how to represent trans-gender women in the book. Solid read.
Cassie-la
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
ORIGINALLY POSTED: https://bibliomantics.com/2017/06/19/...

Sometimes you need to read something thats essentially one giant middle finger aimed at the patriarchy. A feminist comic book full of scathing satire, while I didnt think volume two was nearly as strong as its predecessor, Im looking forward to seeing what the Bitch Planet team has in store for its third arc. Vive la révolution!
Lisa
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Timely and well developed. I enjoyed learning more of Meiko's backstory, and I love where the story's headed!
Hannah
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gn
I didn't read issue six because the book comes with a content warning for sexual assault. Thank you so, so much for this.

Anyways, I'm ready for my non-compliant tattoo. This one is just as good as the first. I want to give this series to everyone I know.
Elizabeth A
Oct 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphix, 2017
Rated M for Mature indeed.

The setting is the near future, and if you are woman who does not conform to what the men you encounter want you to be, you get shipped off to a the meanest penal planet in the galaxy. But how did this come to pass? This volume covers some of that back story.

I loved the first volume, but this one did not work as well for me. I am still totally on board for the premise, the hard look at patriarchal modes and the men and women who aid in keeping the system in place, but
Cynthia
Like in the first volume, there are some great moments where the satire is well handled, but the whole is ultimately disappointing. It feels like a self-congratulatory pat on the back for young white liberals.
I still find it enjoyable, and root for the heroes. And it is important. But the notion that this is the height of third wave feminist comics is sad. We need to ask for more.
Craig Maxwell
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The little bits at the back about societies attitudes to women are brilliant.

Im getting slightly confused as to what is going on, it reminds me a bit of Robert K. Vaughans writing style, not having a clue whats going on but enough of a clue to keep you intrigued and entertained. Enjoying this series so far, the very last scene has got me excited for what is next.
Nay Keppler
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i dont think i rly get it but somehow i still know deep down its good
Ashley

I waited for this trade for soooo loooong of a time. And then it wasn't long enough, like in terms of page length; I read it in about twenty minutes (cackling through most of it), and then it was over and I was sad. But it was very good. And now we have to wait even longer for Vol. 3. These are the woes you are in for when you read an ongoing comic series, but especially this one, which is agony.

Vol. 2 opens up with Maeko Maki backstory (Maeko was the woman killed in the riots in Vol. 1). Turns
Crystal Starr Light
Bullet Review:

It was neat to see where the story went from volume 1. My biggest regret is not rereading volume 1 before jumping into volume 2 - not an ideal situation, as I was playing catchup most of the time. While the artwork on the characters makes them memorable (Penny and Kam are pretty distinct), the other characters blend in if you haven't read the previous volume.

This issue starts off with a standalone with Meiko, and that was not the way you want to start back a long-awaited second
Matthew
To check out my reviews: https://dancinginth3dark.wordpress.co...

WOW.

If I can summarized what I just read it would be simply WOW. I expected the plot to go that route but damn I was not expecting it to happen so soon and I am beyond grateful that Kelly Sue DeConnick brought up the topic about the inclusion of transgender women into the feminist movement. I took a Queer Studies course this semester and one of the first passages I read for that class was reading lesbian theories written in
Damon
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
I like the President. I don't know why she is not in charge. It was freaky when the guard threatened.
Julie Bettina
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Handmaid's Tale meets Orange is the New Black (in space) - and it's so good! Typically, there is no volume three now that I'm really into it...😩
Kelly
"Lean in, can you hear it?"

(Full disclosure: I received a free electronic galley for review through Edelweiss. Trigger warning for plot points involving rape, misogyny, and transphobia.)

About a month ago Goodreads started sending me emails every time I marked a book read: "You finished Heart-Shaped Box. What's next?" Usually I just send them to the trash without a second thought; just another gimmick to increase engagement, you know? But the one for Bitch Planet? Kind of gave me pause.

null

What

• Sex Criminals: Volume Three: Three the Hard Way
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 3
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 2
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 4
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 5
  • Monstress, Vol. 2: The Blood
  • Demons (Rat Queens, #3)
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 6
  • Man-Eaters, Vol. 1
  • Imperial Phase, Part I (The Wicked + The Divine #5)
  • Man-Eaters, Vol. 2
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 1
  • Saga, Vol. 9
  • Saga, Vol. 8
  • Sex Criminals: Volume Four: Fourgy
  • Mothering Invention (The Wicked + The Divine #7)
  • Rising Action (The Wicked + The Divine #4)
  • Saga, Vol. 7

Bitch Planet (Collected Editions) (2 books)
  • Bitch Planet, Vol. 1: Extraordinary Machine (Bitch Planet Collected Editions, #1)

Articles featuring this book

Need some help planning your summer reading? Goodreads employees are a very bookish bunch, so we asked our colleagues to sha...