Start by marking “Just Here for the Pain (The Underdogs, #2)” as Want to Read:
Just Here for the Pain (The Underdogs, #2)

(The Underdogs #2)

---. Whips and chains - not optional .---

Sid.
Drummer for The Underdogs. Secretly yearning for pain and submission.
Asher. AKA Stan. Stalker. More than meets the eye.

It’s hard to find good hookups while on tour. Sid wants pain, humiliation, and the kind of sex that isn’t easy to get from one-night stands. So for now, he’s given up, settled for an online Dom to get his rocks
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 240 pages
Published February 4th 2018 by Acerbi & Villani Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Just Here for the Pain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Here for the Pain

Judith
4.5

Another brilliant read by The Merikans where,once again,the reader is pushed to the limits For someone who really isn't into BDSM this one totally worked for me and I think it's down to the characters of Sid and Asher.

Sid,drummer with The Underdogs likes,

-Pain,

-Humiliation,

-Submission,

-The harder he's pushed,the better,

-He has a difficult time finding someone who can give him the kink he craves.

Asher,

-Immaculately put together,

-A bit of a hipster,

-Rich/spoilt,

-And completely obsessed with Sid
K.A. Merikan
Sep 10, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

Sid and Stan's book.
Coming February 4th 2018!
Virginia Books
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Always deeper than you are expecting when you read their blurbs. Always pure entertainment merged with meaning.
And that’s the hook these ladies hold on me: the mix between edgy, tender and depth. I love how they build their characters and plots. Be part of it, it is always a pleasure and this story was not different. I loved Manic Pixie Dream Boy but Just Here for the Pain filled me much more in other ways. Because it’s more profound, maybe? More intense undoubtedly and I’d dare to say more rom
Meags
4 Stars

I delayed reading this sequel to Manic Pixie Dream Boy because I knew the themes here were ones I generally avoid/dislike. Where Manic Pixie was colourful, energetic, and fun, Just Here for the Pain was darker, grittier and definitely kinkier, what with the main characters, Sid and Asher, engaging in some fairly heavy BDSM scenes throughout the story. But after putting my big girl pants on and finally diving in, I’m now convinced that K.A. Merikan can probably make me enjoy any (and all)
.Lili.
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it

I requested Just Here for the Pain (The Underdogs #2) by K.A. Merikan before the blurb was added. I loved the first book Manic Pixie Boy and knew I wanted to continue with the series. Then, I read the blurb and considered canceling the ARC request. BDSM and I don't always mix, but I figured sometimes it's good to be pushed out of comforts zones. In the end, it just all worked.

I loved the juxtaposition of the characters at first appearance. Sid is the guy with the mohawk who comes across as har
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
I, too, just came for the pain and the pain did #TeamPain proud. Just look at this list!

• humiliation
• spanking/paddling
• CBT
• sensory deprivation
• electro-play
• force play
• bondage with suspension
• chastity
• cock choking/breath play/face fucking

In other words...

Aside from a few ill chosen words Asher took to his newly discovered dominant tendencies like a duck to water. Fancy that. AND they refrained from jumping into the deep end which I appreciated. Asher is diligent in his studies on how to
Cadiva
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Five humongous floggers and clamps and humiliating stars, all of them!

This book is epic! I didn't connect so much with book one in this series (Dusk & Lolly) but this one, OMG it just ticked every single one of the boxes I didn't even know I needed ticking until I read it.

Fair warning, this WILL not be for everyone. It's a love story but it's very definitely not a traditional romance, it's dark, it's deliciously twisted, it's powerful, cleansing and - at times - cringe inducing.

Sid and Asher
Ele
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it

Oh we got the point.

WARNING: This review needs to be heavily edited before being posted on Amazon.

Ok friends, you really need to heed the warnings for this one. If you expect sweet and fluffy you need to look elsewhere. Because here lie floggers, gags, straightjackets (holy shit!) and an honest-to-god cattle-shocking rod !!!!!! If humiliation is your kink, then this book is for you.

Me before Asher's first scene as a dom: "Aww...Look at this cute little stalker. He's actually researching BDSM te
River
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, m-m
The Underdogs are back and now with the story of grumpy Sid and Stalker Stan. But of course that's only the surface, both these characters are so much more.
Sid is the dummer of the Underdogs, he's a badass that deep inside only wants some to be in control.
Asher (Stan) is a lost boy, when he lost everything he attached to the first person that gave him something good, that's why he follows Sid everywhere even if people mock him, or even Sid is mean to him, they don't really get whats between th
Ariana
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, ku, bdsm
3,5 stars*

Phew, that was not an easy read.

I really liked the scenario and the slow relationship development. Sid and Ash have history and both have their own issues.
But I am not going to beat about the bush: the BDSM is extreme. I have read BDSM before, but not this particular kind. There is a lot of humiliation and, in general, the sex scenes were brutal, harsh and cruel (view spoiler) .
It is the latter that did
Amanda
Even a stalker deserve his HEA and that's what you get in KA Merikan's world. Let me start off by saying this book is freaking intense for a BDSM theme story. Is something more from the usual whipping, bondage and props, there was more pain and humiliation. I won't describe myself as fan of BDSM, I won't actively seek out such books, but when one lay on my lap I will go with the flow and wing it.

Sid is the drummer with a Mohawk and he had this stalker who I thought named Stan shadowing his ever
Ky
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The second book of "The Underdogs" series is even better, even hotter, even kinkier than the first!

We met Sid, the drummer of the band, and Asher, or Stan as everyone had dubbed him, in the first book and it was very much obvious that there was something between them under the whole famous-person - stalker relationship.

In Just Here for the Pain we learn about their past, what they have gone through in their lives, what they have suffered, how they met, what happened between them and why Asher i
Chris
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica, lgbtq, favorites
Yup I freakin loved this book !!! Sid, Sid, Sid - the rockstar drummer with a really kinky side. He craved pain and looked for it in the wrong places, really wanting to find a Dom but not interfering with the band. Little did he know that someone was in front of him all along - Asher ! Asher decides to share a little of his domination and leaves Sid hanging, wondering WTF. This was a love story with the twists and turns of pain, angst and a nice hit of D&s. I adored these guys and stayed up ...more
~Mindy Lynn~
4 Stars!

This was a great enemies to lovers book. It is very rare when I don't enjoy a book by these wonderful ladies. They always release books that make you just a bit uncomfortable or ones that you usually wouldn't read. The kink in this one was definitely not my cuppa, but because it's these ladies, I can't help but pick it up and give it a go. And like always I am glad I did because even though this kink wasn't my kind of good time, Sid and Asher together was hot. I think it helped that aft
monika
Feb 06, 2018 added it
Shelves: dnf, mm, lgbtq
Sorry, DNF at 68% :(
Anja
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
K.A Merikan have done it again! Taken me so far out of my comfort zone and made me enjoy the experience!

In Just Here for the Pain we get Sid and Asher's aka Stan's story and boy is it a crazy ride! Sid is known as the bad guy, the unattainable one with a sharp mouth and Asher's been chasing him for years! Those two got history and Asher simply can't let it go so he stalks Sid and his band and even though the poor thing gets so many rebuffs, he doesn't lose hope. And yes, I realized I just called
Lisa The Novel Approach
Shelves: bdsm, contemporary
Just Here for the Pain, the second book of The Underdogs series, is even better, even hotter, even kinkier than the first!

We met Sid, the drummer of the band, and Asher—or Stan as everyone had dubbed him—in the first book, and it was very much obvious that there was something between them under the whole famous-person/stalker relationship. In Just Here for the Pain, we learn about their pasts, what they have gone through in their lives, what they have suffered, how they met, what happened betwee
Anna Rita
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In the first book of this series, we only superficially knew Sid and his stalker "stan" Asher, but this installment is dedicated entirely to them and we will learn more about the hard and reserved character of our dear drummer, Sid.
And if in part we have "hated" Asher for revealing to everyone the relationship of Dusk and Lolly without their permission and to be someone who does not give in easily when rejected, starting to know him in a deeper way we will be able to see that he has not bad int
K.S. Morgan
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a truly wild and crazy ride that managed to make even me uncomfortable (mostly in a good way). BDSM is not really my theme, but I still enjoyed the book very much. The characters, as they always are with these authors, are complicated and so very alive.

Sid is a rather rude, problematic, closed off man who is deeply lonely and who craves pain like other people do rest (or something similar to this). He understands how dangerous his craving is, so he tries to hook up with Doms online onl
Alex
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kinky, steamy, music
Well. Color me surprised because apparently I'm not as opposed as I thought about BDSM...
I guess it really just depends on the author... I just LOOOOVE these authors.
Yeah Sid & Asher really did it for me!
I have to say though. I was feeling uncertain about Asher at first. I just didn't get him. I didn't understood what was his deal.. But when I did... WOW!

description

So. Sid. Drummer of the Underdogs. He's shit at expressing his feelings but he has a lot of them and the only thing that works for him is t
Laura ~Passion flower
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-romance, music, arc

Just Here for the Pain (ARC) was graciously provided to me by Signal Boost Promotion for an honest review. I have voluntarily read this book and have provided my honest opinion.

"An Emotionally Gripping and Powerful Read.."

*Silently places head onto desk and quietly exhales*..  Profound and incredible amazement.  Shocked speechlessness.  Overflowing warmth..  I have just completed one of the most deeply pulling and most emotionally gripping new releases I have ever read.  I will say that
Michaelene
One of the HOTTEST K.A. Merikan books to date?!? I think so!

K.A. Merikan are auto-buy authors for me for many reasons. Just Here for the Pain combined them ALL, and it was such a sexy, angsty, darkly erotic read.

I’ll say that the first book in the Underdogs series was an okay read for me, but only because I fell in love with the authors’ darker works. This one had that dark flavor that I just adore and it kept me glued to the pages.

Sid has been blocking his stalker for years, but what happens w
Angela
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
The second book in this series and it was even better than the first. The feel and tone of each book directly reflects the nature of the couple’s relationships. The first was literally lollipops and rainbows. This one is whips and chains.

Asher and Sid shared and very intense and intimate weekend together when they much younger. It was this short lived affair that led Asher, known as Stalker, known as Stan, to keep seeking ways to be close to Sid through the years following the band around.

Fina
 ♥ Rebecca ♥
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I just finishing reading On Your Knees, Prospect before this, but this one was even better. Both of K.A. Merikan's recent additions to their two current series featured BDSM in a non-BDSM series. But they are very different. Jake, from On Your Knees, Prospect, was very much about submission and service. While Sid was all about pain and humiliation.

I wish this had focused more on Asher as a stalker. I would have liked to know what was going through his head through all those years of rejection.
Widya Vello
Aug 14, 2018 rated it liked it
3,5 stars

It wasn't as good as the first book in series because Sid and Asher's drama were just bit too much for my liking. Maybe because they started the relationship with shaky ground. Sid used to see Asher as nothing more than creepy stalker, then suddenly found out that the guy he loathed actually could satisfy his every kinky desire and pushed all the right button inside him.
And Asher, used to all the humiliation and rejection from Sid for years. When Sid surrendered to him at last because
Marita Hansen
Mar 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I loved book 1, but book 2 had a BDSM theme, and I'm really not a fan of BDSM, plus Sid is my least favourite character. Asher is all right, but a bit boring for me. BUT... I really like this series and don't want to miss out on anything, regardless of the theme, especially since they show the other band members. And I like seeing Dawn's scenes a lot, he's my favourite, so I'm really looking forward to his book with Mage. BTW, I love book 3's cover, I just have a feeling that book is going to be ...more
LiadANNA
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just Here for the Pain is second book in The Underdogs series. Is it as good as the first one? Oh, yes. It's super hot and intersting. And so sweet (isn't it a little odd that book about stalker and his victim is sweet? Maybe it is I don't care) – really it is as sweet as Lolly's lollypops. So why I love this book so much, that I read it instead of studing?

1. Sid – my dear drummer boy. Finally we get to know more about him. At first book I was so curious about what is in his head an now I feel l
Katie
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This one had some serious bite to it

Read it. Don't hesitate. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. It's perfect. Sid and Asher are perfect. They have this razor sharp edge so keen it cuts. AND they have the caring to go with it. But when these authors go dark... dude, they had me trembling right along with Sid. They had me flinching. I'm so in love with these authors. Just buy it.
Mazi
Shelves: bdsm-kink, musicians
Nobody does BDSM like K.A. Merikan

The scenes were so INTENSE. Honestly that was a privilege to read. I was 100% invested in their emotions. If you like BDSM stories read this inmedietly.

Also, I can't wait for Dawn and Mage's story.
Michelle
Love It!

Asher and Sid's story was such an emotional ride but OMG the sex scenes were scorching hot!!! I can't wait to find out whose story is next
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Ricochet
  • Pony (Guards of Folsom, #3)
  • Solitary
  • Resistance (Power Play, #1)
  • Duce (World's End #1)
  • Wrapped Up in Chains
  • In Another Life & Eight Days
  • Bitten by the Alpha (Regent's Park Pack, #4)
  • Double Takes (Shooting Stars, #2)
  • Terms of Service (The Heretic Doms Club, #2)
  • Bad Behavior  (Bad in Baltimore, #5)
  • Double Heat (Twin Ties #3)
  • Slave Hunt (The Subs Club, #5)
  • First Christmas (Nature of Desire, #7.3)
  • Compromised (Uniformity #1)
  • Safeword Arabesque (Safeword, #9)
  • Slave
  • All Note Long (Perfect Harmony, #3)
(Goodreads profile run by Kat)

K. A. Merikan are a team of writers who try not to suck at adulting, with some success. Always eager to explore the murky waters of the weird and wonderful, K.A. Merikan don’t follow fixed formulas and want each of their books to be a surprise for those who choose to hop on for the ride.

K.A. Merikan have a few sweeter M/M romances as well, but they specialize in the d

The Underdogs (3 books)
  • Manic Pixie Dream Boy (The Underdogs, #1)
  • You. Forever. Always. (The Underdogs, #3)