Start by marking “The Hunt” as Want to Read:
The Hunt

The Hunt (Hard Love Romance #3)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  144 Ratings  ·  75 Reviews
My name is Hunter O’Shea and I have a confession to make…I’ve met a girl who consumes me. I know that makes me sound completely whipped, but Mary “Lamb” Mitts has the power to bring me to my knees…it’s just too bad she hates my guts. But that’s okay, because I hate hers, too. The fiery redhead stirs something in me that I can’t explain.

This temporary insanity could be due
Published October 30th 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Hunt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hunt

Olga therebelreader

The Hunt is a well-written story that will make you feel everything, from horniness to heartbreak. Hot, passionate, screamoutloud sex scenes! It ranks off the sexy scale charts. I’m becoming a big fan of Ms Monica James!!!

In short:
Hero 5/5 | Heroine 5/5 | Plot (Point, Originality) 4/5 | Writing Style 5/5 | Steam 5/5 | Romance 5/5 | Angst-Suspense 3/5 | Darkness 0/5 | Humor 5/5 | Secondary Characters 4/5 | Drama-Conflict 5/5 | Mystery 0/5 | Twists 4/5 | Pacing Steady | Action 3/5
1-Click Addict Support Group
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hunter O'Shea had my undivided attention from the 1st chapter. Besides his sexy look, his smooth pick up lines had the ladies fawning and falling for him with a false sense that they meant more to him. But Hunter has always been a love them once and leave them satisfied kind of guy. He was not one to believe in love...until Mary.

Yet Mary wants nothing to do with him and that in turn adds fire to his ego!! He's wanting to scratch that itch just to make sure that's all it is. But Hunter is in for
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
The HUNT by Monica James ~ 5 Stars

Review contains some spoilers ...

I have met Monica James – she is sweet, kind, warm and she is funny as hell so guess what? Her writing style reflected that – freaking hilarious. I had a permanent smile on my face the whole time reading this book.

I was first introduced to the author through the Dixon series which I totally fell in love with. I have been anticipating The Hunt for quite some time and of course Monica does not disappoint. She delivered Hunter O’Sh
Monica James
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
THE HUNT is now LIVE...WORLDWIDE. To celebrate, feast your eyes on this:

Gel Ytayz is the genius behind this clip!

Order your copy NOW:
Kobo: bit.ly/TheHuntKobo

Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author***

4.5 Stars

The Hard Love Romance series books are exactly what you expect from the name. They aren't puppies and rainbows, the characters are a little less glossy, a little more player, and a lot less easy to like.

Hunter O'Shea definitely fits this bill. You meet him with Dix, as Dixon is his best friend. And, well, you like him, but he is definitely not the man of romantic fantasy. He's a player, he is crude and he is a womanizer, so he seems like possibly not the
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
This book had a lot of chemistry between the main characters. Both of them got on my nerves a little but other than that this was an enjoyable read. There was a little bit of suspense that kept me on my toes trying to figure out what was going on. I enjoyed it and look forward to more from this author.
Maddy's Reading
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Hunter had me swooning , laughing...all the feels. What a perfect character the author has penned. His obsession with Mary and the denial, it had me hooked!!!
I loved this story so much, all the characters so well drafted and matched perfectly. Hunter was a ladies man, smooth suave and too full of himself. Can Mary bring him to his knees?
This book is so sexy, Hunter is so sexy...I define got a bookorgasm. Loved it!!!
ARC generously provided by the author in exchange of an honest review
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
The Hunt by Monica James
4.5 stars!!!

“In the end, some of your greatest pain become your greatest strengths.”

I found Monica James years and years ago when she had just started writing and no matter what book she has written, her voice has always transported me on her carefully crafted journeys. After meeting Hunter in Dixon’s books, I always knew that this book was going to be a riot and Monica James did not disappoint. This enemies to lover’s romance will have you laughing out loud as well a
Wit & Wonder Books
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
**ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**

An enjoyable enthralling enemies to lovers romance by Monica James with her latest novel The Hunt. Marvelous beyond words as Monica writes just like her bubbly, fun personality. I love romances that have that push and pull magnitude right off the bat and she doesn’t spar you any within this wonderful story. She has delivered a flirty, warming and engrossing romance through and through.

The ever arrogant, cocky man-whore Hunter O’Shea
Jamie Guellar (IScream Books)
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Hunt is my first read from Monica James, and loved it. This is a spin off from another series, but can absolutely read as a standalone. I didn't feel lost at all.

Hunter O'Shea is a player, he makes no promises and wants no commitment, unless you're the one woman he can't stop thinking about and even trying to get her out of his system just isn't working.
Hunter is definitely a cocky bastard, but damn does it make him even hotter! I loved Hunter, he was rude, crude and didn't care who didn't
Bethany
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a spin off from Dirty Dix & Wicked Dix, but I read this one as a standalone and was totally able to follow along. If anything it made me want to read about Dixon that much more.

"He oozed confidence, sex appeal, and that mouth...I should detest that mouth, but I don't. I want it all over me."

This is not only the best way to describe Hunter, but a great explanation of the book boyfriends we all love. Something about a smart, cocky mouth that drives us wild.
I love a good "bad boy".
Ma
Lisa Edward
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Monica James has brought Hunter O’Shea to life by skilfully finding his voice, and beautifully crafting it into the written word.

I absolutely adore Hunter. For all his crass and inappropriate comments, he is a gentle soul with many layers. He knows he is flawed and makes no apologies for it, instead he embraces his faults and makes the most of them.

Dixon also makes appearances throughout the book, which ties The Hunt into the highly successful, A Hard Love Romance series, perfectly.

I love Monica
Maddy's Reading
Shelves: arcs
ARC generously provided by the author in exchange of an honest review
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hunter is a player. He's sexy and a little jerky. He's funny and has no filters. He's super cocky but he has depth too. He kind of hooked to the story from the beginning. He likes Mary but she wants nothing to do with. Mary knows about Hunter's man whore ways and wants nothing to do with him. Mary a strong and sassy. I liked her. I really liked this one. It's a fun read.
Mandy
Full review to come, but this has absolutely made my favorites of 2017 list! Sooooo good! Monica James is a new instant favorite author! ❤❤ ...more
Sasha
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was so much fun to read. I just love a good man-whore reformed romance, but there was also the addition of enemies to lovers that made for a lot of great banter and sexual tension.

Hunter was charming, the way he pined after Mary had me chuckling. His heart was in the right place but unfortunately for him, a long history of one night stands and thinking with this, well you know had made Mary pretty stand-offish.

Mary was hilarious, she certainly had no problem telling people how it is,
Sandy S
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date October 30, 2017

This temporary insanity could be due to the fact my best friend, who used to be a bigger player than me, is g
books are love
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Received in exchange for a honest review.

Hunter reminds me of Emma Chase’s character Drew. He is brash, smart and a total player. Until Mary. Who gets under is skin but he doesn’t like her and she doesn’t like him. Only they do. They drive each other nuts in so many ways.

Hunter is the last of his friends on the market. He first revels in it. Loves the hunt of getting a woman but over time there is no challenge and he isn’t fulfilled. The only one who challenges him and has him get all fired up
Rhiannon St. Clair
***I received an ebook copy in exchange for an honest review***

When Hunter's best friend and partner-in-crime, Dixon, finds the love of his life and gets engaged, Hunter finds himself without a wingman while he continues to play the field. He's a classic playboy, who womanizes his way through town. He's got a big mouth and an even bigger ego, and both of these seem to get him into trouble.

Mary, the best friend of Dixon's soon-to-be-wife, catches Hunter's eye. She's smoking hot and he loves her
Kerry
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am so glad I finally got around the reading The Hunt. I have LOVED it! I didn't realise how much I had missed the banter between Hunter and the gang. Having read, and loved, Dirty Dix and Wicked Dix some time ago I was very excited to learn that Hunter was to have his own spin off novel.
I have to say, if you're at all prudish and/or offended by swearing/explicit language then this is definitely not the book for you. Otherwise, I highly recommend you have a read for yourself. I don't read many
Books Laid Bare
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In true Monica James style this is one you will not want to miss because Hunter is a man you really should spend some time with!
Hunter is a love them and leave them guy, happy with his lifestyle and love life just the way it is…or is he? Well, that depends on whether you consider the fact that the one woman he actually does want is the one woman that isn’t willing to give him the time of day!
For Hunter, there is only one woman worth a fight and nobody compares to Mary, and believe me he has plen
♡ One Click Romance ♡
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I fucking loved Hunter the manwhore. The guy was just a walking disaster sometimes, and oddly enough really naive.
Mary, she was anything but innocent, a true spitfire and just like Hunter, another walking catastrophe.

This is my first read by Monica James, the story is a spin-off from another series, and true to her word a standalone. I didn't feel lost while reading and the story felt complete. The story was a bit predictable but how I enjoyed it. I laughed so much with the antics of Hunter an
CrazyDaisy
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Crazy Ass Must Read Stars!!!!!

Oooh I have been wanting this story since reading the previous two books in the Hard Love series. Hunter totally piqued this book whore's curiosity.
Monica James topped those with this book, thus putting Hunter above Dix on my BBF list.
The chemistry between Hunt and Mary could be felt through my kindle. Their little game of chase had me all kinds of frustrated but I just love when I get like that. It is just a great sign that I'm into the story and the characters
Donna Wright
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this great story. Full of laugh out loud moments and moments where you needed a box of tissues. Although the story was fun and kept me gripped, it was a slow burner and I found myself wanting it to hurry the hell up. But I held firm in not jumping pages to get to the heart of it all and it paid of.

The characters were brilliant and Hunter was probably one of the funniest characters I have read. The wit that was in abundance through these pages had me laughing my head off. Mary ho
Andrea
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
So this a new author for me. But I can definitely see myself reading more of her in the future.

Very well written, with characters that you just fall in love with. Hunt is your typical wealthy, successful…manwhore, for lack of a better word. But there is something lovable about him, he handles life with a great sense of humor. Mary is a fiery redhead who is a little jaded when it comes to men. When these two meet, it’s instant fireworks.

Funny, lovable and steamy, this a good book to read!

♥♥♥♥ 4/5
Scandal (Scandalicious Book Reviews)
Carmela gave this one 4.5 stars on Scandalicious Book Reviews:

#malePOV
Laurie Baker
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The hunt

Love, love loved this book! Hunter is laugh out loud funny, crazy and crude, but that's why he's so lovable. And Mary is his perfect match. These two were on fire. Supporting cast of Dix, Maddy and Finch were also perfect in this book. A solid 5 from me
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
4-4.5 review to follow.
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-star-2017
The Hunt by Monica James
4.5 stars!!!

“In the end, some of your greatest pain become your greatest strengths.”

Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
The Hunt is a Hard Love spin-off standalone novel. I read Dirty Dix and that is where I was first introduced to Hunter, the manwhore and Mary Mitts, the one that won’t touch him with a ten foot pole. If anyone knows there is a fine line between love and hate...it’s these two.

Hunter hates Mary and wants her all at the same time. He has it bad for the fiery redhead. He would give his left nut to have one taste of her and he knows she would gladly cut it off. That shouldn’t turn him on but it does
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Monica James spent her youth devouring the works of Anne Rice, William Shakespeare, and Emily Dickinson.
When she is not writing, Monica is busy running her own business, but she always finds a balance between the two. She enjoys writing honest, heartfelt, and turbulent stories, hoping to leave an imprint on her readers. She draws her inspiration from life.
She is a bestselling author in the U.S.,
More about Monica James

Hard Love Romance (3 books)
  • Dirty Dix (Hard Love Romance, #1)
  • Wicked Dix (Hard Love Romance, #2)
“It’s okay to be scared. Being scared means you’re about to do something brave.” 0 likes