Start by marking “Stygian (Dark-Hunter #27)” as Want to Read:
Stygian (Dark-Hunter #27)

Stygian

(Dark-Hunter #27)

#1 New York Times bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon brings us back to the astonishing world of the Dark-Hunters in Battle Born, with a hero misunderstood by many…but most of all by himself.

Born before man recorded time, I lived for thousands of years believing myself to be something I’m not.

Someone I’m not.

Lied to and betrayed by gods, Daimons and Dark-Hunters, I’ve struggled to find my way in a world whenot.

Liednot.

Someone

Published September 5th 2018 by Tor Books (first published August 28th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Stygian, please sign up.
Charlotte You should be okay just reading Dragonsworn.

You should be okay just reading Dragonsworn.

If you haven't already, it wouldn't hurt to read Kiss of the Night, the book that introduces Urian and Phoebe.(less)
Alasandra Alawine
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Arelys Bazan
Ok, what to say about this book...
First of all: I will tackle spoilers and plot points here so if you want to go into it blind skip this review.
OVERALL RATING: 3*** (Only because the ending (last 20 pages or so) it's really nice, if extremely rushed, otherwise it would be 2 1/5)
OVERALL OPINION: This book disappointed me greatly.

_______________________________________________
I'd like to point out that I've been a long time fan of the series. I've read all
Sophia Triad
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
670 pages for my Urian 😍
My final book for this year. It took me about a month to finish it.

Review pending
Katrina
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let me start this by saying that I do talk about some specific plot points in this review. I do not spoil anything but if you want to walk into this story completely blind than this review is not for you. I tried to keep it as simple as possible while reviewing but as you all know, with the stories being so intricate its hard not to spoil anything so I had to be a wee bit vague. I tried!!!

Also, Kenyon’s books need to be read in order!!! If you haven’t read the first 28 books you cann
Rachel K
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
AliceRoared
I love the DH world, but when I finished Stygian, I felt disappointed.

I'm wondering if Kenyon is losing her touch, because the last DH book I really liked was Styxx's. I was keen to get back on track with one of the original DH characters, especially one so closely connected to Styxx, but this book lacked a lot of important things like plot continuation and romance.

One of the reasons I love the DH books is because usually the characters have great relationship development
Ines IBRAHIM
** This is NOT a romance **

I have conflicted feelings about Stygian. It started very well, I loved everything about Urian and his family. The only thing that bothered me was how shallow a certain major character portrayal was.(view spoiler)

The second half of the book was a total mess. A lot of jumping, a lot of copy chapters from other books. They weren't even rewritten. Very few senten
Erica
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
More copy and paste

I’m so disappointed by this book and feel kinda of let down. After previous books had basically copy and paste through 50 percent of the book I was hoping after all the hype that this would be a original. Sadly it is not. There are close to 100 or more pages that are word for word of Styxx and falycns book. If you didn’t read those then this book will be wonderful. If you have sorry only the first part is new material.
Romina
Aug 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yei! excited for this book, even do it will be release in a year (BOOOOOOOOOO).

I kind of want Phoebe not to be the heroine, cause she died in like book 4(?). So I am rooting for Xyn, cause she is a freaking dragon. BUT!, I seriously hope that this book is nothing like the last 4 books, with a bazillion characters all running around a mystical forest in another dimension crap, cause that S*&T is getting old. Mrs. Kenyon, lets go back to the first books, where the story line was pa
Kat Valentine
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Their have been many mixed reviews on this book because of some of it going over past books. Anytime I crack open a sherrilyn Kenyon book I know I'm in for a up and down of mixed emotions and that was the case with stygian. I think in my opinion that looking back at what we already knew was part of knowing understanding Urian story. I also loved seeing apollymi and urian's relelationship I saw her from a different perspective,I have always felt sorry for all she endured,but with urian she was di ...more
Jacqueline León Aponte
So I guess this is a recurring theme now. Make 85% of the book a recap of things that happened in previous book and then rush through the end. I’m exaggerating. 60% of the beginning was character development. I appreciated learning about Urian’s life. Buuuuuuuuut then when I realized I was more than 1/2 way and we still weren’t anywhere near the whole point of the book I began to get annoyed. And then 30% of the exact same story from the last books. Really?!?! So we get a measly 10% to wrap thin ...more
Ainoa
04/09/2018: When you 're not the main character even in your own book. I'm so disappointed. Urian deserved better.

Rant to come.

09/09/2017: Urian is one of the most beloved characters of this series. His book is one of the most awaited, probably. I just discovered that the next book is his and I'm both excited and terrified. I know that Sherri loves here characters dearly, but her latest books have not been my favourites. PLEASE DO URIAN JUSTICE. I JUST WANT HIM TO BE HAP
keikii Eats Books
I wrote an even longer, spoiler filled post here. I was pretty disappointed in this book.

66 points/100 (3 /5 stars)

Urian was born different. He was left excluded by the Appolites. Grew strong enough to lead the Daimon's in battle. Wounded of heart, Urian lives on despite the obstacles life has thrown at him. He just has to figure out how to live with it.

I have major emotional damage after reading this. I feel so utterly drained right now.

Reading about Urian's life w/>Urian
Scholar inArmor
AFTER READING:
SPOILERS AHEAD, BE WARNED!

Dragons Rising trilogy came to an end.

I loved an insight into the Urian's and Xyn's past. It made them more real characters for me. The only parts of this book that I found boring or unnecessary were rehashing of the Wulf/Cassandra/Phoebe plotline and rehashing some of the plotlines from the previous book, Dragonsworn. I would love to read more about Sarraxyn and Urian in the present time. Stygian was so much similarREADING:
SPOILERS
Neha Singh
3.75 Stars!

I really loved 80% of the story but the rest part, especially last two chapters felt rushed. There was repetition of lots of pages from previous books which was irritating. I thought something was still missing in second half, especially when few things resolved quickly and too conveniently for my liking.

Still, I loved Urian and his significant other at the end. It was nice to see our beloved old characters once again (Stryker,Styxx,Bethany, Acheron and others)
Shirl
Sep 03, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
I really don't want to say this but I'm done with this series... It was one of my most favorite of all time but the past few books have put me off if it... I wish she could go back to her old style of writing and her books made sense but I couldn't finish this one that has only ever happened to me twice but just less than a third of the way through I had to give up... maybe it's time for "All good things must come to an end" and for Ms. Kenyon to wrap this series up.
Molly Mortensen
I was afraid to read this because I love Urian and it got a shocking number of negative reviews but I enjoyed it. There's plenty of funny lines and good banter. Though it wasn't without its issues.

The romance between Urian and Xyn was cute but Xyn should've been the one in denial about her feelings. She was lusting after a five year old! (Even though apollites age faster, he was still a kid.)

I didn't like Pheobe but I'm glad she was given time, so we understood why Urian would risk everything for her
Beth
This is an excerpt, not the complete novel so I can only tell you want I thought of the excerpt I read. I can't believe we are at 29 books in the Dark Hunter series, yet Kenyon still manages to provide a fresh, surprising plot that gravitates the reader right into the Dark Hunter's world. This is a huge series and to really enjoy it, it should be read in order...you don't want to miss a thing. To give a brief description of the series, I'd have to say the Dark Hunter series is a world where magi ...more
Aug 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Marishka
To much retailing from previous books and I'm tired of never getting answers to questions. Hell by this pace it's going to be 20 years before we know anything. I'm so tired of reading recycled material - the last three books are so full of it. If she is doing this for new readers it's just fucking stupid. If they start a book this far into a series then they deserve to be lost. Plus I wouldn't call this a romance at all. Urian and Xyn don't even get together for real till the end and even then y ...more
Megzy
Majority of the book was regurgitating previous books line by line.
Lyn *NomadicWorlds

From the moment Urian was introduced in the Dark Hunter series, I wanted to know his story and in Styxx, he was so cool with his thoughts and beliefs. In addition, the latest Dark Hunter books hinted at Urian’s powers and that he was part of something bigger.

Stygian tells Urian’s story from the very beginning, from his childhood to adulthood. Every event that had an impact on his life and made him into the man he turned out to be. The numerous Gods and Goddesses in the Dark Hunter world are seriously messed u
Marta Cox
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review is for an excerpt available from Netgalley.
Urian has been a favourite character in this long running series which is intricate, at times complicated and very addictive. If honest I do believe they are best read in order but having read this preview I can say that in the style of Acheron and Styxx the author gives us Urians life from the beginning which involves implanted him into an unsuspecting woman whose husband is the son of Apollo, so we see how Stryker struggled and raged
Amber
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: librarybooks
This is about the adventures of Urian, Stryker's Daimon son who has so many obstacles placed against him. Can he fight with his enemies, save his ex-wife Phoebe and finally find the person that loves him? Read on and find out for yourself.

This was a great installment of the Darkhunter series so if you like paranormal action adventure romance stories, you'll enjoy this one as its combined with greek mythology. Be sure to check this book out with the rest of the Darkhunter series at yo
Gary
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Epic read five stars all the way
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
OMG I NEED More! I want MORE! The release date can not come quick enough for this!
I am so in love with everything Sherrilyn that is not new news, I just love coming back to this world over and over again. its so good. This little teaser was greatly appreciated!
TheBookLion
description

Man, there is so much to unload

One thing I love when Kenyon focuses on one character is unloading all the background, the history of this character who is 1100 years old. I kept waiting for the story to come to the present time, but to understand Urian, we had to know the situation in which he was born, his childhood as an Appolite, and his early life as a Daimon until he was 'killed' by his foster dad, Stryker. We saw how he grew up, his strength, his vulnerability and his resilience to not
Susan
Aug 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stygian is the twenty-ninth book in the Dark Hunter series. This can be read as a standalone, but to fully understand the storyline you really need to read all of the books. There is violence and sex so 18+. I knew that this book was going to feature Urian (one of my favorite characters) but I was confused in that it was labeled a "dragon" book and he isn't a dragon. Of course, there are dragons in it so I now understand, but still confusing.

I was really looking forward to reading this book! Af
Evelyn
Aug 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Neither loved or hated the book, to me the story fell flat in a lot of places. We learn a lot about Urian but the repetition from previous books to me was overly drawn out. The ending was somewhat anticlimactic but did have a twist that was unexpected and we did meet some new characters and learn more about some previous characters.
Darcy
I only read these books by audio, the narrator of the series is one of my favorites and makes the horrible things the characters live through more bearable. This book was 26 hours long, yes you read that right, 26 hours, longer than a day. Now that I'm done with the book I'm annoyed at how much of this one was events that happened in other books, this book quite honestly could have been cut by more than half. This seems to be happening in the last few books, which makes me mark them down.

I like
Somia
May 01, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
99p on Amazon 1st May 2019
September 2018 releases 1 13 Aug 20, 2018 08:02PM
Goodreads Librari...: Hunter Legends Series addition 2 41 Jul 04, 2018 09:10PM

• Thomas' Heart (Judgement of the Six Companion Series #4)
  • Wolf at the Door (Snowdonia Wolves, #1)
  • Sunburn (Greek God, #3)
  • Loch and Key (The McLaughlins, #3)
  • Dragon Claimed (Dark Kings #14.5)
  • Shadow's Kiss (Immortals After Dark, #20)
  • Blood Truth (Black Dagger Legacy, #4)
  • Beautiful Salvation (Blood Prince, #5)
  • Captive Cowboy (Captured Hearts, #2)
  • The Darkest Captive (Lords of the Underworld, #14.5)
  • Between a Vamp and a Hard Place
  • Master of Seduction (Sea Wolves, #1)
  • Take It Like a Vamp (Take It Like a Vamp, #1)
  • Demon Storm (Belador, #5)
  • Vampires Like It Hot (Argeneau, #28)
  • Marry Your Billionaire
  • Cipher (Demonica Underworld, #8; Demonica, #18)
Official Author site
Official Hunter Legends site
Official Witch of Endor site
Official Lords of Avalon site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Paladins (thousands of whom proudly sport tattoos from her series and who travel from all over the world to attend her appearances), her books are always snatched up as soon as they appear on store shelves. Since 2004, she had placed more than 80 novels on the New York Times list in all formats including manga and graphic novels. Her current series are: Dark-Hunters, Chronicles of Nick and The League, and her books are available in over 100 countries where eager fans impatiently wait for the next release. Her Chronicles of Nick and Dark-Hunter series are soon to be major motion pictures while Dark-Hunter is also being developed as a television series. Join her and her Paladins online at MySherrilyn.com and www.facebook.com/mysherrilyn

Fan Run International Sites:

Portugal

Soy Fans de Sherrilyn Kenyon

Dark-Hunter Spain

Spanish

Dark-Hunter (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)
  • Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2)
  • Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter #3)
  • Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4)
  • Night Play (Dark-Hunter #5, Were-Hunter #1)
  • Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, #6)
  • Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter #7)
  • Unleash the Night (Dark Hunter, #8; Were-Hunter, #2)
  • Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)
  • The Dream Hunter (Dark-Hunter #10, Dream-Hunter #1)