Start by marking “Undead Worlds” as Want to Read:

Undead Worlds

22 Authors. 22 Undead worlds. 1 Great Book.
Do you dare?

Alone Together by David Simpson
What do you do when there is nowhere left to run?

Gone Fishin’ by Justin Robinson
When the dead rise, the living become the monsters.

The Festival by Christopher Manhood
A city on lockdown as a nation awaits bloodshed, let the festival begin.

Jimmy by Arthur Mongelli
Decades of meddling with th
Published October 10th 2017 (first published September 13th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Undead Worlds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Undead Worlds

Start your review of Undead Worlds
LisaMarie
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Undead World is an anthology of 22 "creepy" authors and their tales about the undead! Tales of a world so wry different from ours...or is it?!
A quick read full of chills, thrills, guts and gore.

Defenseless: A story of Death & Decay is a gripping short story from the Death & Decay series by R.L. Blalock.
...A moment in time of a boy, Dylan, as he tries to understand as his world is turned upside down. I've read and loved her other books in the series, Devour and Divided. If you get the chance you
Olivia Rofrits
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received arc from the lovely R. L. Blalock big fan of hers!
Defenseless: A Story of Death & Decay.
From a 6 yr old point of view during zombie outbreak just heartbreaking and leaves you with goosebumps!

It's little hard to write review for Anthology and with 22 Author's!!!
So with that going to say they all did amazing! Yes was there errors or mishaps in some of course but I don't really care with it being anthology I over look that because 1. Mostly all story's are new and have to be done lot
Pheebz
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted a copy of this book while waiting for my pre-oredered e-book to arrive.
There is something for everyone in this collections, from zombie clowns to a bazaar festival.A few of my favorite short stories were, 1) By David Simpson, Alone together. Even a lone NG can lose youself a in the music... if you are lucky you may just find a way out.2.) By Christopher Mahood, The Festival, a unique twisted practice. Last but not least 3.) By Grivante Zombie Exterminators, I lab rats.Who doesn't l
Etienne
Aug 02, 2018 rated it liked it
I'm a bit tired of all those zombie related stories, but I got to say for the hardcore fans who can't get enough of it. This anthology is a good one, nothing really great or special about it, but casual zombies stories that works well. Like all anthology some are betters then others, but a good overall and various style of zombies stories has well. Better then expected!
Carly Kirk
Nov 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ku-2017
Out of the 22 short stories included in this anthology here's the breakdown of which I liked, etc

Totals:
1 Star - 6
2 Stars - 5
3 Stars - 2
4 Stars - 1
5 Stars - 3
Didn't read - 5

1. Alone Together by David Simpson - 2 stars
This just wasn't my type of story, I like something with a little more hope

2. Gone Fishin' by Justin Robinson - 5 Stars
I just really enjoyed everything about this story, so much in fact that I immediately checked out the series it came from and thoroughly enjoyed it as well. I reall
Tracey Mccall
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy cow! I have some many new authors to start reading. I really liked this book, zombies galore! Something for every zombie lover
Mana Taylor-Hall
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark
Undead Worlds does a spectacular job of highlighting a wide variety of zombie fiction ranging from the bleak despair of 'Alone Together' to the romantically sweet 'Fallen'. Many of the short stories feel like prequels but they stand alone, not requiring the reader to know the author's wider world. The truly good stories of the anthology do make you want to read more of that world.

Highlights of Undead World were:

Gone Fishin' by Justin Robinson - One of the few stories that was set in the post asp
Jill James
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great book to discover new-to-me zompoc fiction authors.
M Gordon
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

I love that the stories they were great. Can’t wait to read some more from the authors they are so many
Rhona Crawford
Jan 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Ugh ... I think I'm really zombied-out now. These storie could easily have been different chapters in the same book. Very similar and I really didn't develop any sympathy for any of the characters. I am now going to search for horror minus zombies.
Linda Collins
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Undead Worlds

Pretty good book....I love bottom stories, especially about zombies...It was well written but not scary enough for me...lots of blood and gore though
Mhorg
Nov 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Typical anthology

Anthologies are always a roll of the dice. None are all great, few are all bad. The stories here are exactly like that. Some, the stand alone ones are the best, others that are segments from novels or series, are a bit disappointing since they ended erratically. I'll leave it to the individual to decide which were which.
James Goodson
Mar 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Ok

Some very good ones with an interesting take on the Zedds. Others are just bad. Deadpool was an odd one. It was a tease because most of the decent authors were only available on unlimited
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Welcome to the Undead Worlds featuring zombies and their world. This time around I am giving a great big shout out to eight of the authors from the Undead Worlds.

This has been one amazing journey with all these zombies. I love me some zombies. I really liked reading all the stories rooting for all the people and following along with them on their journey through the undead worlds. If you love zombies then give this one a try you won’t regret it!

Defenseless: A Story of Death & Decay by R. L. Bla
John R. Dailey Jr.
Oct 18, 2017 rated it liked it
ZOMBIES HERE, ZOMBIES THERE, ZOMBIES EVERYWHERE THEY ARE.....

Hello, this is a fair account of the ZULU ALPHA from different authors perspectives. Some are real good, some are okay, some are kinda lame and some are just plain not good. Thanks.
Colin Ginn
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a Halloween treat

This selection of short stories came as a shock in a good way. I didn't think 22 Authors could get together and write some really awesome zombie stories . Each one has its own characteristics, bringing new storylines to thier well loved books. As I read through the collection I thought this would scare the s*%\t out off some off my friends. So guess what they are getting for Halloween. But seriously this collection is a good introduction to the works of these Wonderful Auth
Bonnie Dale Keck
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kindle Unlimited, various writers but actually noticed it because had stories by Zombie Exterminators by Grivante and On the Rocks by E.E. Isherwood. 22 stories all together so overall worth the read {means no didn't luv them all but for the most part good collection}.
Louise B
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant!

Fantastic chomping good read. I've now got a good amount of books that I need to read. Fantastic authors, wonderful writing and I can't wait to read more. Highly recommended read!
L.C. Champlin
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This isn't a book of short stories, it's a teleporter that will take you to 22 different zombie apocalypses. Experience the universe of each author's book series without committing to a full-length novel. But be warned, you'll soon want to dive completely into their worlds!

There's a range of stories, from short to long, humorous to dark, triumphant to defeated. Not sure what zombie book you want to read next? Consider this your chance to drive before you buy. (I hope you chose to drive the tank,
alane gail lambert
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love an anthology of stories about the Undead

Found this anthology to have been edited & curated well. Also liked having additional info regarding the writers and their contact info. I would recommend this to anyone who still enjoys the changes that the undead would wreak upon the day to day life.
Brian McNeal
Apr 23, 2018 rated it liked it
A Good Read

For me, the difficulty with zombie stories is telling them in a fashion that doesn't make them feel repetitious, and Undead Worlds for the most part does that though it neglects zombies based on the supernatural–as opposed to science gone awry–with is a bit of a pity.
Jeannie Fletcher
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome Zombies

No matter what kind of zombies and zombie stories you like this book definitely has something for everyone. This is an amazing collection, anyone who enjoys a good ZPoc will find something interesting in this collection
Tazz
Jan 29, 2018 rated it did not like it
Meh

I guessed I missed the part that these were short stories. Which I hate. Some were good, others normative all.
David
Mar 28, 2018 rated it liked it
2.5 stars. DNF. A very mixed bag of stories; some 4* and some 2*
Wesley Norris
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Terrific

A great collection of short stories by some of the most talented authors out there. Highly recommend to everyone who loves a good zombie tale
robert trubiano
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thanks

Great gathering of well written short stories. The first in the book gave me a gut shot that still lingers. Not sure I'll have a peaceful night's sleep.......
Blair Stackhouse
Aug 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Like most anthologies, some are really good and some are awful. Fortunately in this case, the good slightly outweighs
cecilia
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What A Thrill!!!!

I "devoured" this book in a couple of days, only taking breaks (begrudgingly) to cook for my family and let the dog out. I'll be adding
UW #2 to my library next.
Chloe Playle
Jun 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Enjoyable read, if you like Zombies, give this a read.
Boo
May 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
Got this book so I could read Adrienne lector and I couldn’t find her story
Readers That Love...: Zombie Anthology 1 5 Nov 25, 2017 08:30AM
Book Giveaways: Zombies! Ebook, paperbook, audiobook 1 4 Nov 25, 2017 07:38AM
Free Books, .99, ...: Zombie Apocalypse! & Preppers Novels! 2 7 Nov 08, 2017 07:06AM
Free Book Giveaway: Lots of Zombie Books! 1 3 Oct 11, 2017 01:08PM
Book Giveaways: Zombie Books! Multi-winners Open WW 1 5 Oct 11, 2017 01:04PM
Books, Blogs, Aut...: Zombie Books! Lots of winners! 1 3 Oct 11, 2017 12:51PM
Readers That Love...: Lots of Zombie Books! Open WW 1 2 Oct 11, 2017 12:41PM

• Convoy of Carnage (Zombie Road #1)
  • Wasteland (Surviving The Evacuation #2)
  • Broken World (Broken World, #1)
  • Incubation (Green Fields #1)
  • Treasured Chests: A Zombie Anthology
  • Shadows in the Water
  • The Awakening (The Zombie Uprising #1)
  • Tales from the Zombie Road
  • Dark Voyage (Tales from the Dark Past, #1)
  • Dollhouse (Dark Carousel #1)
  • Descent Into Darkness
  • Road to Redemption (Zombie Road, #4)
  • Sea Sick
  • London (Surviving The Evacuation #1)
  • Nightmare House (Harrow House, #1)
  • My Dead World
  • Empty Bodies (Empty Bodies #1)
  • The Gates (Hell on Earth, #1)