Start by marking “Emerald's Sentinel” as Want to Read:
Emerald's Sentinel

Emerald's Sentinel

(Isles of Stone 0.5)

In this prequel short story to “Emerald’s Fracture” (Isles of Stone Book One), Natalie Desmond struggles in her new role as a wartime Healer now that the nearby country of Lorelan declared war on the Isles. Her new duties prevent her from pursuing a mystery – one of the Abbey’s best Healers disappeared from the school, reportedly off to join the Royal Army. That Natalie ha ...more
ebook
Published August 2017 by Emerald Light Press

To ask other readers questions about Emerald's Sentinel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emerald's Sentinel

BWT (Belen)
Nov 29, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Just a taste...

An interesting premise to a new series. The prequel is definitely short, giving just enough of a taste for those particularly interested in YA fantasy to want to continue with the first book in the series to see what happens next.
Whitney
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
Short and sweet little prequel. Gives you a nice bit of insight into the world and the character of Natalie. Definitely interested to see where this story goes!
Emma
A short-n-sweet intro to the character of Natalie - a once-reluctant Healer who still doubts her path in life. Some of the dialogue felt like not-quite info-dumping, but I guess it could be an interesting setting. I just wasn't sure of the style; is it high-fantasy-medieval or something else? The writing's clear and concise, and those hints towards potential romance push it firmly into YA territory. Maybe it's personal preference that it just didn't connect for me.

-I received a free copy of this
Cayt Landis
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the perfect introduction to a new series! I'm already looking forward to the first full book. The setting seems to be quite fantastic and reminds me of Ireland a bit. I'm definitely intrigued by the magic system as well. And there's a dog! I can't wait!
Kirsten
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this introduction into Kennelly's world and I look forward to getting to know Natalie (and Jake!) better when the first book comes out!
Fiona Andrew
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous. Gives you an insight into the beginning of the relationship between the two main characters of Emeralds Fracture. Highly recommend reading before you start the main series.
Marilyn
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This prequel is a delight that definitely left me wanting more. Natalie's healing magic is intriguing, and I'm interested to see more in the stories to come. And a puppy!
Vanessa
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
This was a lovely prequel. I am very intrigued by the world in this book and look forward to the full novel.
Tracy
Hannah
Annabelle
Dec 14, 2017
Kate Kennelly
Oct 25, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Lacey
Melissa
Nov 18, 2018
Narjisse El Khairani
Feb 09, 2019
KATE KENNELLY started writing creatively when she was ten years old. She let a bad grade on a creative writing project in seventh grade get her down and stopped writing altogether. Many years later, now suffering from chronic pain, someone asked her “When are you not in pain?” The answer was “When I do creative things.” Kate challenged herself to sit down and write something – anything – for the t ...more

Isles of Stone (3 books)
  • Emerald's Fracture (Isles of Stone #1)
  • Sunstone's Secret (Isles of Stone #2)
  • Obsidian's Legacy (Isles of Stone Book 3)
“A fine bunch of humanity,” Natalie nodded. “I’d give anything to treat an ear infection right now.” “An infected cut,” Jules sighed wistfully. “Food poisoning,” Natalie said dreamily and lay next to him, intensely aware of the close distance between them.” 1 likes
“Natalie skimmed the left side of the book, then the right. Her eyes caught sight of a doodle she’d drawn in the margins; a heart with ND + JR written inside. Hell in a kettle, Goddess’s bloomers, and damn it all to hell. She casually covered the initials with her hand, shifted in her seat, and returned her eyes to the content of the page as if her life depended on it.” 1 likes