Start by marking “The Best Worst First Date Ever (Charlotte Dodd, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Best Worst First Date Ever (Charlotte Dodd, #2)

The Best Worst First Date Ever

(Charlotte Dodd #2)

The adventures of Charlotte Dodd continue with The Best Worst First Date Ever.

Tenley Scott is a single mother and owner of Soup du Jour. She’s full of nervous excitement for her date with Colin, the handsome Brit who’s been hanging around the café.

She’s expecting casual conversation over drinks. Maybe dinner. Possibly a second date.

Not crazed ex-girlfriends, armed thugs, c
Kindle Edition
Published October 24th 2017 by Three Birds Press (first published October 17th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Best Worst First Date Ever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best Worst First Date Ever

Jena Henry
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Author Holly Kerr has created a fabulous new genre “Women’s Adventure Chick Lit”. Yes, there’s some foodie elements, and some kissing and good-looking guys but what makes this an over-the top- exciting new read is the non-stop action, intrigue and adventure. And the stars of this thriller are strong, purposeful, beautiful… women!

Since her divorce, Tenley has been living a careful life and is an involved and nurturing mother of her young daughter. She also has her own café business and that’s the
Vikkie Wakeham
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another absolutely wonderful story by Holly Kerr. This has been a fantastic follow up, I love that the story continues. I also love the fact that I haven't had to wait for the follow up.
This book contains many of the characters that the reader came to love or hate during book one. The plot twists even further during this book- it isn't a predictable twist either, I honestly can't tell you what might be coming next.
Holly has created a real fun and different style of chick lit story in the form
Karan Eleni
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2018
This review was originally posted on karaneleni.com

I'm usually a stickler for reading a series in order, but jumped into this one in the middle. Not having read the short story prequel and first book in the series, I'm sure I've missed a few things, but Holly did a decent job filling in some of the back story. I wasn't completely lost though I'm definitely going to go back and read the previous two because I've got a ton of questions swirling around in my brain.

That said, I loved meeting Tenley,
Linda Walters
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it

I have to say that the short Prologue made an interesting hook. And the rest of the book? What a delight. I enjoyed every minute of it. It was funny, surprising and unexpected. Each chapter had a short quote by different people at the beginning of it. I found myself really looking forward to that part too.
Tenley had some surprising depths to her. She looks like an every day normal busy woman. A divorced woman, a single mother, a businesswoman who is co-owner of a cafe/restaurant. Her young daug
Annabelle Costa
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was nonstop excitement from beginning to end. At first, it seemed like a typical chick lit novel: Tenley is a single mom going out on her first date in a long while with a geeky but cute British guy. But then during the date, things take a really unexpected turn, and it ends up being the craziest date ever.

I loved Tenley's tenacity. Even though she's a civilian, she doesn't just let things happen to her... she takes action. I loved Colin, although I spent the entire book trying to figu
Elissa Mahler
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Best Worst First Date Ever...truly was a telling of the best worst date ever. The guy finally asks the girl out. They start a enjoyable evening out, only to be interrupted by the bad guys. The date goes downhill from there. Kidnapping, someone else's memories shoved into one's head, and so on. The date culminates less then 24 hours from its start...how it ends, read to find out!

I was blessed with a free copy of this book, and I have chosen of my own volition to share my review with you!
Jeanne Richardson
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book I’ve read written by Holly Kerr; she has done a good job at writing a good book.

The story line caught my attention at the very beginning and kept me interested throughout the entire book. This is the 2nd book in the Charlotte Dodd Series and I can’t wait to read the rest of the series.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Janet Graham
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
From Single Mom to Spy!
These episodes of the Charlotte Dodd Series just keep getting better and better. This episode has a single mother being coerced into becoming a spy. There are spies coming out of the woodwork in this multifaceted story! There is a ton of excitement and action and humor in this page-turner. I can't wait to begin the next book! I received this book for free and this is my honest opinion.
Kayla
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blogged, kindle-books
What an adventurous chick lit book about the worst first date! The addition to the story with Tenley was fun, especially the twist that Tenley offers. This book gets you thinking and wondering if there really is a secret spy organization run by the government. A fascinating weekend read for your next getaway!
Tanya
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She was having a first date and it ended up being the worst one. Her date is a spy and has all the answers to help another with all their memories. Then the bad guys get hold of these memories. What will happen?.Will she get the memories back? See if they will

Coffee Chat
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It's funny, full of action and drama. The characters are wonderful and very entertaining. The plot is unique and keeps you turning pages to see what's going to happen next. I received this book as a gift and voluntarily give this review.
Geraldine Streit
Dec 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Packed with action, it’s great to continue the story of all those spies. But on the negative , the chaos is starting to get even more unrealistic.

Patty
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Best Worst First Date Ever by Holly Kerr is the 2nd book in the Charlotte Dodd series, and another great book. I really enjoyed this book, it's a fun and action pack book. I found this book to be a quick read, with a well developed plot and characters. If you love cozy mysteries, I strongly recommend this book.

Sharon
Neepa Shah-chittur
Nov 25, 2018
Regina
Apr 12, 2019
Holly Kerr writes chick-lit with the sole purpose of showing the world there is more to the genre than pretty shoes and brooding heroes.
Except for J.B in Unexpecting. He can be kind of broody.
When she's not writing, Holly spends time with her kids, watching Star Wars and super hero movies and training for this marathon she signed up for.
Find out more at www.hollykerr.ca

Charlotte Dodd (3 books)
  • The Secret Life of Charlotte Dodd (Charlotte Dodd, #1)
  • The Hidden Past of Pippa McGovern (Charlotte Dodd #3)