Start by marking “Fiona's Feelings” as Want to Read:
Fiona's Feelings

Fiona's Feelings

When the Cincinnati Zoo's baby hippo, Fiona, was born six weeks early, she was too small and weak to stand and nurse from her mother. With help from #TeamFiona, this once-tiny hippo is growing stronger every day. As Fiona explores the world around her, she is at times happy, mad, curious, and playful, as all children can be. Young readers will love exploring Fiona's feelin ...more
Board book, 14 pages
Published January 2nd 2018 by blue manatee press

To ask other readers questions about Fiona's Feelings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fiona's Feelings

Lindsay Ross
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Who doesn't love that face!?
Keith
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Like the little lady herself, this is a charmingly sweet picture book for children. Made me smile, too!
Chris
Feb 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
Hippos really cannot show emotions. The photos were ok, but no, hippos cannot smile, frown, show excitement. Was ok.
Baby Bookworm
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: our-reviews

Hello, friends! We are so excited about today’s review: Fiona’s Feelings, written by Dr. John Hutton and featuring the Cincinatti Zoo and Botanical Garden’s photographs of the internet’s favorite baby hippo, Fiona!

Using real photographs of Fiona’s remarkably expressive face, this beginner’s board book explores emotions like happiness, anger, silliness and pride, using simple rhyming sentences t
Barbara
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Who doesn't love photos of baby hippos? Fiona, of Cincinnati Zoo fame, will make children giggle as they leaf through the pages of this cheery board book about feelings. There are lots of things kids ages 18 months to 4 years and parents can explore together and talk about in this small but mighty book, Fiona's Feelings by Dr. John Hutton.
Valleri
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Fiona wears her "mad" face, I cannot help but laugh :) This is an adorable way to familiarize children with the concept of feelings and also connect them to a fiercely loved hippo named Fiona who resides at the Cincinnati Zoo.
Cherie
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
A short and sweet book showing the many faces of the nationally beloved hippo, Fionna. Recommended for toddlers who are struggling to verbalize their emotions, or anyone who just needs a break to look at an adorable hippo.
Amy
This super cute board book is about Fiona, the "baby" hippo who was born and lives at the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden with her mother, Bibi. Each photo shows a different emotion as displayed by Fiona.
Aimee Smith
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
#fionathehippo at #cincinnatizoo takes us on a whirlwind tour of the emotions of being a hippo. (Though I feel obligated to point out “lazy” and “hungry” aren’t really emotions...) Can’t wait to share this one with my niece!
Megan
Shelves: juvenile, wish-list
So cute!
Amy
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a cute board book! Fiona, a hippo, explores a full range of feelings, from mad to lazy to happy. Photos of the adorable hippo who lives at the Cincinnati Zoo capture Fiona's moods.
Chinook
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
The kids like hippos and I like that I read about this particular hippo’s birth in the news.
Karla Winick-Ford
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Fiona!!!!
Laurie Brumbaugh
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you love Fiona, you'll love this board book!
Deborah Shaw
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My grandson who will be 2 in May loves it! He can even say Fiona when he wants us to read it to him.
Dreaday
Oct 04, 2018 rated it liked it
This is pretty cute. I like the picture choices.
Ruth Anne
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, board-books
An adorable board book with beautiful and fun photographs of Fiona the hippo of the Cincinnati Zoo.
Amanda
Apr 23, 2018
DJ
Jan 05, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Mini Myths: Play Nice, Hercules!
  • We Sang You Home
  • Baby Parade
  • Wemberly's Ice-Cream Star
  • Whose Knees Are These?
  • Crabby Crab
  • I Want to Be a Drummer!
Dr. John S. Hutton is a pediatrician and researcher at the Cincinnati Children's Hospital Reading and Literacy Discovery Center, owner/overseer of blue manatee children’s bookstore and founder of blue manatee press. His research and advocacy interests are the influence of home reading environment and shared reading on early brain development, the health effects of screen-based media, and the creat ...more