Start by marking “Character Flaws” as Want to Read:

Joey:
They say you never get a second chance at a first impression. That is, unless you’re my gorgeous temporary neighbor.
My first impression of Theo Crawford was anything but wonderful. He was discourteous, anti-social, and a drunken mess.
My second impression wasn’t much better when he inconsiderately woke me on a Sunday morning.
But by my third impression, my views toward
Published October 15th 2017 by Ten28 Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Character Flaws, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Character Flaws

Laurie Beemer
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another absolutely amazing read by Sierra Hill. This book was so romantic and so hilarious at the same time. I was the opening line of this book that had me laughing out loud, and from there I was hooked. I good not turn the pages fast enough, and when I realized there were no more pages I almost cried. The main characters Joey and Theo had such an undeniable chemistry, and for some unknown reason from the first meeting things do not go as planned. Theo has a past that even though he does not wa ...more
Book-Bosomed  blog
Oct 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Joey Hughes can’t figure out the deal with the guy next door, Theo Crawford, 26. He’s living with one of her gay friends, and she’s under the impression that they are in a relationship, yet he’s also showing signs of interest towards her. And she’s got a major crush brewing on him.

While the blurb hints that the story might be a love-hate neighbors romance, it’s really a friends to lover tale, and that’s fine too. This started out as a possible 4 star read but then it began going downhill. Theo w
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
By: Sierra Hill
4 Stars

Popping my Sierra Hill cherry with this book, Whoop Whoop!!! What a great laugh out loud rom-com this one was. I mean seriously, Joey was in love with Ricky Martin just like I was. Devastated along with me to find he wasn’t available…

Theo is falling in to the same category as Ricky Martin in Joey’s eyes. Unavailable in a female/male relationship but very much available in a male/male relationship.

While Joey and Theo start off on a rocky beginning, the frien
Sierra Hill
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Do you enjoy light-hearted reads, with lots of laughs and hot sexy build-up? If so, you'll want to check out my upcoming standalone romcom, Character Flaws. It's a case of mistaken identity and a next door neighbor love story.

Estimated release date October 17th.
Ally Vance
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
I accepted an ARC in exchange for an honest review

*Spoiler FREE*

This is my first Sierra Hill book and I loved it. I found it witty, fun, sexy and packed with drama (see what I did there? 😉). This was a great rom-com and I enjoyed every moment of it. There were bits that had me laughing and some that had me wistful. It had a wonderful plot, relatable and well-developed characters, it was dynamic and a pleasure to read. The blurb caught my interest and I was not disappointed, I couldnt put it dow
Sharon Jones
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my first Sierra Hill book and I found that it ticked just about every box I have when it comes to selecting books to read.
Gorgeously funny, with great characters that bounced well off one another. I liked that Joey came to all the wrong conclusions about Theo when she realised he was staying next door with her favourite neighbour. This led to some hilarious inner dialogue, and even more funny actions/reactions from one of the greatest heroines I have read in a while.
Theo comes across as
Kaye
Quirky and fun!

What could be more frustrating, having the hots for your hot, handsome gay neighbor? Or be the sexy handsome, neighbor who can't make a move on your sexy neighbor because she thinks you're gay?

While these two characters figure each other out, we can enjoy their sexually charged interactions, on and off the stage! Amazing story, even behind the curtains!

I was provided a copy for review purposes.
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
This book was a little bit of a slow build for me, but that is not a bad thing because I enjoyed really getting to know the characters and seeing their friendship bloom. I love how Sierra has a way of putting her characters in situations where they get to know one another. It's not always insta love and I like that because in real life we don't always fall in love immediately. One thing was for certain though and that was the attraction. I Thoroughly enjoyed the confusion factor of the book (not ...more
Christine
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-read
I had the privilege to beta-read this story (my first beta read ever)......and I was truly entertained! From the get-go, I absolutely loved Theo. What I liked the most about him is that he was just a regular, down to earth type of guy. I was completely intrigued by him, and I just sensed that even though he seemed a bit awkward, that there was something to him that I just wanted to know more about. As for Joey...I definitely warmed up to her, and as I got to read more of her....I absolutely love ...more
Sassy Southern
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Character Flaws is the first book I have read by Sierra Hill and certainly will not be the last. There are so many things I loved about this book.I loved how unique this story was. I liked the fact it was done in dual POV's. We are able to get into the heads of Joey and Theo. I loved that they were friends first and had to work through their own bumps in the road. I really liked the fact that each chapter is title so we get an idea of whats in store for that chapter. The only thing I did not lik ...more
Sharon Moritz-rosenthal
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.

This is my first story I have read by this author and I really enjoyed it. It appears to be a stand alone with no other books in the series. It is about two very lonely people who both have the life they don't want who find each other. Not only do they find the other but they find themselves as well. And they are brought together by their close gay friend Patrick and Woody, P's dog.

Joey is a teacher and she HATES it. She has a complainin
Rebecca Austin
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-author
Joey Hughes is a teacher who has lately become very unsatisfied with her job and the way that her teaching environment is turning out. When her gay next door neighbor, Patrick Donaldson, has the gorgeous Theo Crawford staying with him Joey wonders how come all the good looking ones are gay.

Theo Crawford is getting over a bad break up and has lost his place to live until Patrick says he can stay there for two months while he is in China. Now with any luck he can get his play produced over the sum
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4 Stars!

Cute. Sexy. Quirky. Fun. Sierra Hill is a real hidden gem in the romance world that should be talked about more. This brand new romantic comedy standalone romance was quite unexpected in such a good way and completely stole my heart... playing with my emotions along the way.

From that synopsis I knew Character Flaws would be fantastic (seriously have you read it?! LOL) but man did Sierra really give a solid neighbors-friends to lovers story. I laughed, I giggled, I swooned, I fell by the
Marah
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
An ARC of Character Flaws by Sierra Hill was provided to me in exchange for an honest review.

Character Flaws by Sierra Hill is a romantic comedy and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I'm really not a lover of rom-coms, but Character Flaws by Sierra Hill won me over. I liked the story a lot and the writing was pretty good. I also liked the two main characters, Joey aka Josephine and Theo. The chemistry between these two characters was noteworthy.

The first encounter between Theo and Joey d
Emily Goodman
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it

3.5
Character Flaws by Sierra Hill is a lighthearted, silly, fun read that will make you laugh as your journey through these character's relationship. Hill's synopsis promises a great Love/Hate story line with the neighbor next door, however this tale reads more like a good friends to lovers tale with a little bit of frustration mixed in.

As I began this book, Hill had me intrigued with the boy next door. Sweet, average guy who preferred committed relationship. He seemed perfect. Well until he wa
Caroline F
3.5 stars.

Joey meets Theo for the first time at her gay friend, Patrick's apartment. Through things that said, she mistakenly assumes that Theo is also gay and possibly Patrick's lover, too!

"Something passes through me from the low, sexy sound of his voice. And while I laugh easily with him, I feel this unusual pull deep inside my belly."

After a couple of unimpressive false starts, she starts to realise that Theo is actually much nicer than her first impressions of him. Instead, to her dismay, s
Nicole Reads
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I love this story so much!

One of the best parts of it is how real the characters are. They have flaws, they aren’t happy with their lives and they want something different to focus on. It all feels so real and it’s exciting because the process of finding their way through life and trying to overcome whatever problems or hits life throws at them, leads them to each other.

While turning the pages I found myself constantly smiling because of interesting and hilarious most of the scenes where. Althou
Mackenzie Bibliophile
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can we talk right now about the freaking amazing talent of this author! Every story I've read so far flows beautifully and is full of these characters that just want to know in real life. So I expected nothing else from Character Flaws and I was not let down. Joey and Theo are hilariously a mess separate and together. Both of them standing at a potential turning point in their lives and decided to find a new path together.

I loved watching these two find who they were really meant to be as peopl
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

A super fun, sexy, full-of-heat-and-heart romance that had me laughing out loud and sighing in bliss! This book was a hoot. Perfect, sassy, with enough heart to keep me sane, this romance had great characters that were charismatic and full of charm and life and the storyline is just perfect for my tastes. I smiled, I laughed, I shed a few tears and I fell in love.

Character Flaws is one of those books you won't want to put down until you are finished. Then you wi
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
www.instagram.com/twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv

Character Flaws by Sierra Hill
I receive this book from the author for an honest review.
HILARIOUS!! This book was a great and ideal read for me who was having heavy personal days!! This book gave me that quick 5-minute breath away from my troubles!!
Theo and Joey have some great banter and the chemistry
Caro
Oct 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: t
3.5 stars.

This was a fun and funny read.

We have Theo and Joey (Josephine), meeting for the first time in a common friend’s apartment. In that first meeting, Joey thinks Theo is gay, so every meeting afterwards has that assumption in mind. I thought it was a funny situation for them, Joey felt super cool with Theo since he’ll never come on to her; and Theo just thought Joey was a super chilled girl, lol.

The story shows them going from friends to more, adding a little drama here and there to spice
Ariadna Basulto
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Sierra Hill book and boy did it pack a punch! Sweet, sexy, absolutely hilarious, and plenty of light hearted drama. A great story for fans of the friends to lovers trope.

I laughed so much with this storyline. I mean, what could be worse? Having a crush on the sexy, gay neighbor or not being able to tell your neighbor you're interested in her because she thinks you're gay? Cue hilarious misunderstandings and fantastic opportunities for awesome banter between Theo and Joey.

Ligh
Renee Mccleary
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a very cute and funny read! While this is not my favorite read by Sierra I still really enjoyed it. It took me a little bit to get pulled into the story but once I did I couldnt put it down. I loved Joey and Theo. They had good chemistry and I loved the sexual tension and build up! There was a lot of parts that had me laughing out loud but there was also parts that had me screaming at the characters. This is a fun Romcom and I highly recommend it!!
Ree
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet, steamy friends-to-lovers romance.

Theo & Joey meet through Joey's gay neighbour, and things snowball from there. The dual POVs provide the lighter, comedic relief that carries the story along, where we see Joey struggle to come to terms with her attraction to a gay man, while Theo struggles with being "man enough".

I definitely would read Sierra Hill's work again, and I recommend this novel to those looking for a light, humorous, romantic escape.

I voluntarily read & review
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Theo comes across as
Ri
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 fantastic stars

Misunderstandings. A dog. A girl who is a teacher but still missing the passion that drives her. Hot attraction toward a man she thinks is gay and dating her friend. A boy who is struggling to find himself after a bad break up trying to be more assertive. Add in an ex and another wanting in on the actions and you get many laughs.

Joey was amazing. Theo was sweet. They both tried to hide behind being friends but the chemistry soon took over.

Definitely recommend this book. I foun
Barbara
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I found this book to be well written, with some scenes that had me grinning and even laughing but the characters just seem to be a little off. Hmmm I wonder if that was due to their “Character Flaws” (or maybe mine - lol).

The book is very lighthearted with humorous banter and some definite romantic moments. This was my first book by Ms Hill and I look forward to her next release.
Natalie Casey
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book! Where do I even start!? Sierra Hill has done it again! Is there anything she can't write?? This book was hilarious, and packed with emotion! I loved this light fun read, and seriously,, where can I find me a Theo??? Swoon!😍 I loved the banter between Joey and Theo, and the love they have for each other! This is a MUST READ!! 💖💖💖 I highly recommend this book!!
I received an Arc of this in exchange for an honest review!
Sherrie Merrell
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved the journey with Joey and Theo😍
Joey was such a refreshing strong young women who takes no carp and doesn't apologize for it. Theo deals with one bad mistake after the other until he meets Joey and she shows him what True Love is!! I laughed and cried at these characters😂 I love Sierra's books and can't wait to read more. Definitely 5🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Must read so go get yours🙌
Jennifer Ann
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sierra Hill is my go-to for romance that is sweet and undeniably sexy, and this rom-com didn’t disappoint. Not my usual genre, but I couldn’t put it down. The hero and heroine are perfectly flawed, making for an engaging story that had me rooting for them to the end!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Sin and Sugar
  • Ripped
  • Score (Boston Terriers, #6)
  • Sombra (Love in Translation, #2)
  • Cold As Ice (Bedroom Games, #1)
  • True North
  • Lust
  • April Fools' Joke (Holiday High, #3)
  • Hot As Hell
  • My Pinup Girl (My Girl Series #1)
  • Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • High School Hero (Forest Ridge High Book 1)
  • Breaking the Rules of Revenge
  • Craze
  • Return to Us (The Harbour Series, #3)
  • Start Me Up
  • Timber (Men at Work Series #2)
  • Justus (In Safe Hands, #3)
Sierra Hill wrote her first full-length romance after a corporate acquisition led her to a stint of unemployment, offering her some quality writing time.

She loves writing about the fictional characters that live in her brain who constantly shout for their own love story to be told.

Sierra resides in the Pacific Northwest with her husband of twenty years and her long-haired, German Shepherd. She is