Start by marking “Wild World” as Want to Read:
Wild World

Wild World

Set against the backdrop of the Vietnam War and the protest era of the early 1970s, WILD WORLD is a gripping novel of power, corruption, injustice, courage, and hope—and one tenacious young man whose determination to overturn the system holds unexpected consequences for his own life. In the spring of 1970, Steve Logan, like thousands of other college students across Americ ...more
Published October 2nd 2017 by Prior Manor Press

To ask other readers questions about Wild World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild World

Start your review of Wild World
Whispering Stories
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book Reviewed by Clive on www.whisperingstories.com

Wild World has been my third Vietnam War themed book in the last few weeks. This is probably because the radical students of the sixties and the early seventies are now retiring and finding the time to write books inspired by their experiences.

The book had me singing before I had opened it and it kept me singing until the end. The title of the book and of each chapter are song titles from the period, made famous by artists such as Cat Stevens, D
Grady
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Is this the start of the revolution?”

New York author Peter S. Rush earned his Bachelor of Arts in International Relations Brown University and his Masters in Creative Writing from the University of Florida. He has served as a newspaper reporter, a magazine editor, a Peace Corps volunteer, and a police officer. Now he is currently CEO of a global management firm - and writing, beginning with this debut novel WILD WORLD – a vibrant work of importance

Though word has spread quickly about this exce
Dave
Woodstock meets Serpico. Wild World tells the story of a man coming of age as the Hippie Generation came to a close with peace and love being blasted away by cold hard bullets as the Kent State shootings stunned a generation. Rather than "tune in, drop out," idealistic Ivy League college graduate Steve decides that he can make a difference in the world by becoming a police officer. From there, his life changes as he grapples with estrangement from his pot smoking college friends and girlfriend R ...more
Jes Jones
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
** I received this book for free through Goodreads Giveaways **

In the face of the Vietnam War, many college students are protesting fueling the war by drafting more innocent lives into battle. With a recent school protest shooting consuming the news, students of Brown University are thrown into unrest, wondering how they can contribute and be the change they want to see in the world.

One such student, Steve Logan, who was pre-set to study law switched career goals and ventured into law enforcem
D.W.Jefferson
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
You can’t change an institution unless you are willing to become a part of it and work from the inside. That’s what Steve Logan decided to do. In the spring of 1970 he is a senior at Brown University, very much in love with his girlfriend Roxy, a pre-med student, and planning to go to law school in the fall. Then he hears about Kent State, four student demonstrators killed by the National Guard.

Inspired by a campus appearance by a New York City police officer who is fighting corruption on the fo
J.L. Smith
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
What I liked?

The book takes us back to the Vietnam War as well as the Kent State shootings and the protest era in general. The author explores this time in our history through fictional characters, their lives, and how they decide to combat this deeply unpopular war. However, despite the fictionalized accounts of characters such as Steve Logan, a student at Brown University who makes the decision to fight the war by protesting from the inside, the emotion is there.

The story overall hit hard. W
Myrna
Nov 01, 2017 rated it liked it
I received this book in a Goodreads giveaway. The story takes place near a college campus during the 1970s. This time frame includes the Vietnam War and an era of college campus protests. Steve Logan has graduated from Brown University. He is planning to attend law school, but then changes his mind and joins the police department, determined to overturn the system and make the world a better place.

In the beginning, I didn't like the story. It lacked depth and the author's style seemed stilted.
Cheryl
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Being a girl in the 60's and a police officer in the 80's, I truly enjoyed this well written novel. The characters were believable, good and bad. It's a really good read, and a trip down memory lane into a dark and confusing time in our nation. Divided as a nation, wherever you stood on Vietnam, you can relate to the burden our youth carry in this day and time. Wild World caused me to feel all the emotions I felt during that awful war. Well done.
Lovely Loveday
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wild World is a well written novel with outstanding character development. Rush has done his research which shows within the pages of this story of strength and courage. A novel that is full of American History showing both the good and the bad when someone makes a decision to choose to stand for their beliefs.
Nancie Lafferty
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
Having come of age in college during the Vietnam era, this well-written and well-researched book stirred up all sorts of memories, ideals, promises, hopes and dreams - done and not done, lived or unfulfilled, kept or broken. Good story. Thanks, Giveaways, for the stroll down Memory Lane.
Pam Cunningham
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book

I really enjoyed reading this book. I like the fact that it had some real history in it. I'm glad the good guy actually won.
Arctic Flamingo
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't sure about this one, and I almost pushed it aside. In the end, I'm glad I finished it.
Daniel Casey
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Read full review: https://misanthropester.com/2017/11/0...

There is a steady pace to Wild World. It has visceral passages depicting honest interactions between characters as well a larger sense that the world we are in is complete and this is just one story within it--a trait necessary for all successful fiction with a historical bent. Also, there is a seriousness to the cultural climate of the time sorely needed today, so we can revise our own experience of contemporary racial tension, policing,
Frederick W Otterbein
Sep 26, 2017
OBPpublicist
Jan 18, 2020
Sheryl
rated it did not like it
Mar 23, 2018
Melissa Cheresnick
Dec 10, 2018
Lynn
Sep 22, 2017
Peter Rush
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
KarnagesMistress
Nov 10, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: giveaways
I received this book for free through Goodreads Giveaways.
Gabriella
Pam Mooney
Tina
Mary T
Sep 17, 2017

• Mr. Jones (Adelaide Henson Mystery Series, #2)
  • Feminine Masculine Balance: A Paradigm Shift for a Peaceful and Abundant Society
  • My Girlfriend the Vampire
  • Soyala: Daughter of the Desert
  • The Retreat to Avalon (The  Arthurian Age Book 1)
  • The Jumble Sale (Adventures of the Misfit Monsters Book 1)

News & Interviews