Start by marking “Escape from the Isle of the Lost (Isle of the Lost #4)” as Want to Read:
Escape from the Isle of the Lost (Isle of the Lost #4)

Escape from the Isle of the Lost

(Descendants #4)

Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos may have once been the baddest of the bad, but their wicked ways are (mostly) behind them-and now graduation is almost here! But before the seniors can don their custom-designed caps and gowns, courtesy of Evie, they've got an epic plan to put into action. There are tons of villain kids on the Isle of the Lost who are eager for their chance to co ...more
Published June 4th 2019 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Escape from the Isle of the Lost, please sign up.
Talycat45 MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE…moreMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (Too Impatient) (:(less)
Brielle before! the story ends right before VK day, which is where Descendants 3 begins

Jessica
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, disney
I bought this book a few weeks ago, but when I heard about Cameron Boyce’s (who plays Carlos in the movies) passing, I knew I just had to read it now. My heart ached every time I came across Carlos in the book. Carlos is such a precious character and from what I hear, Cameron was an amazing person off-screen.

Like the other book in this series, this book was a lot of fun. These books aren’t meant to be much more than a marketing and promotional tool and I am 100% okay with that. I just love seei
Davina Herondale
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Fans of Disney's Descendants
ngl this was fairly boring. (view spoiler)

I wish I could say this was worth reading but it barely sets anything up for the movie in 2 months so you really don't have to read this
Gavyn golembeski
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Too who ever has this series I recommend getting the villain series by: Serena Valentino. She has a series that tell the backstory of the evil villains. Check the series out and I definitely recommend it to go along with your descendant series. Those are my most favorite series of all time.
Jackie
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun story that sets everything up for the next movie
Annette
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I think we can all collectively agree that Descendants is not deep or complicated or very sophisticated. That goes for the movies, the animation series and the books. But, somehow, somewhere along the way, I've grown really attached to these characters and this world and it's strange to realise that with the third movie and this fourth book, the franchise has really come to an end.

Because while reading this book and watching the last movie, I once again realised how amusing and entertaining thi
Aleta
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
This whole book felt very... unnecessary. Not much happened. At all. But as I am trash for Descendants, and Disney in general, I still immensely enjoyed it 😜
Ursula
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nothing super special about this installment, but I am always appreciative of some backstory behind the Descendants movies. Today was especially hard for me bc I found out about Cameron Boyce’s passing. Every time I read something about Carols, I was reminded of the tragedy that struck today. God has received a truly talented angel and I am so blessed to have witnessed his talent for all these years. Goodnight Sweet Prince...
Madelyn Lightwood
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
It took me way too long to read this book. It’s a solid 42% for me. I mean, I decently enjoyed it because it’s descendants and it’s got all the Disney allusions that I love in it. However, that’s one of the issue I have with this book. For starters, it has way too many Disney references (specifically children of characters if you know what I’m saying) and expositions for them. Too much to the point where when a new offspring/relative is mentioned, it made the situation more cringey than it alrea ...more
Natalie
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love all the references to Disney movies and Disney songs! Such a cute series!!!
Freya Quinlan
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Want to read so bad!!!!
Amy
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Excellent finish to the series.

This book returned to the thing that makes this series so enjoyable in the first place: the Core 4. There was less Ben/less romance so that was a bonus. Beast continues to be the worst father/former King. Nice lead-in to Descendants and answered a few questions I had about the film!
Sienna Black
Aug 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Honestly it was enjoyable but you really don't need to read this book to understand what happens in the movie
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Jul 18, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a good read. The gang is together for once last adventure before they graduate. This one wasn't as good as the rest but was still enjoyable. They spent a lot of time trying to recruit students. The ending I saw was set up for the upcoming movie. However, I hadn't planned on watching it.
christina
Aug 03, 2019 rated it liked it
The book overall wasn't bad, but not up to the fun and easily enjoyable of the first three. The book builds to the moment of climax toward the end, but doesn't deliver on all the time spent in pages before in building up to it, and definitely feels rushed, or like the author was told to scale back, it's incomplete, or feels lackluster in the form of an angsty inexperienced fan fiction writer than just wants to reach the bow tying at the end.

It is a nice companion to read before going in to watc
Leah
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such a cute book to read while I was in no mood for reading.
Descendants is one of my favorite movies and these books just help with the wait for the third and final movie.
Angie
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
I liked parts of it, but you can tell that it was more of a filler and filling in gaps from the next Disney original movie. But they are kids books! So if another comes out I will read it!
Rustin Verret
Jun 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Mal, Evie, Jay, and Ben are graduating soon and they want to go out in a bang. They want to help more Villain Kids come to Auradon and have a new life there. But there are a few problems. Ben is now king and he has a lot of new responsibilities even after he graduates. Mal is going to have a hard time persuading the Isle kids to come to Auradon. After all, not all of the kids want to be good. Some would rather be evil when they don’t realize their real potential for good. And finally, the bigges ...more
Rose Marie
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
Escape from the Isle of The Lost follows our main characters as they go on one last quest before they graduate and go their separate ways. Much like the previous books, they face some challenges, grow closer, and set up things for the next installment of the descendants journey.
Unlike the previous books, however, it isn't clear exactly what the next installment (the third movie) is going to deal with or who's planning what. The only inkling we get is the group setting things up for the next roun
Travis
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: all-books-owned
Love this series, and now I’m ready to watch the next movie, R.I.P. Cameron Boyce :( This Book was fun and we got to see some more villain kids. This definitely felt like a set up for the movie, but it was still enjoyable!
Augusto Román
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s Good to be Bad!!!

As much as I wanted to last this 4th installment, I couldn’t put it down. I was so drawn by it and literally was an escape from me. I sure miss this VKs. My heart always has something for Mal. She has so many struggles since the beginning and sometimes she reminds me of me.

I loved this story, it was so good to see how everything is coming up for the movie that’s coming out on 2/8/19. How the VK have grown up and changed their way of being. How bad they want to make a chan
Barbara Goulding
Wow what Evie and Mal and Carlos and Jay have to go through in this book you will just have to read it to find out. It kept my interest the whole time and I could hardly wait to read the next chapters.
Mary Catherine Andrews
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a great book that gives the back story behind VK Day in Descendants 3. I liked how the Descendants short story was incorporated into the book.
Jan farnworth
Jul 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Not as good as the previous books it pretty much felt like a filler and the only point was to set up for the movie. I really enjoyed this but this one fell flat.
Stefanie
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve watched all the movies, so naturally I needed to read all the books. Great ending and I’m glad I read it after watching the final film.
Bara
Jun 17, 2019 is currently reading it
Shelves: english-original
Truth is that whenever you think Descendants are going to be a decent read, something shows up that makes you groan and you realize it's still the same bullpoop nonsense that started with hundred logic holes and doesn't intend to erase them. *sighs*

The only reason I'm sticking around and reading this book is Hades. I know, I can't fathom it either, how could Beast and Belle - two mortals with no magic powers of their own - imprison and depower a GOD?! Nonetheless, here we go. One of the miserabl
Clara Lester
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's very sad
Leah
Jul 14, 2019 rated it liked it
This one involves the main group recruiting new exchange students and fighting Uma. There is some romance and some action. There is a lot of talk about the future. New villains and VKs are introduced, too. Obviously there is a cliffhanger which will be where the movie begins. I may watch the movie to see what happens.
Mileena
Melly Kallon
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really wanted to read this book before I watch Descendants 3. It's just that the books and films are intertwining and it all makes sense to read them in the right order so you know what happened before that. Also, I found out there's a good point to watch the short animated series Wicked World as some things happen there and it's helping with understanding it all.
I don't really remember how were the previous books but maybe I've been reading some high fantasy books recently a lot and suddenly
Andrea
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own-read
Rating: 4.5 stars

O M G ! Can I just say I don't know what it is about this series, whether it is because it is Disney or villainous but I love it so much and I am just so addicted. I think this book is probably my favorite of them. I loved every aspect and I was kept on my toes the entire time. I just love all the characters so much more now. I think UMA has such potential, and I don't see her as bad as much as I see her as loyal and trying to help her people be freed. Mal is great as well, but
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Untitled (Gone With the Respiration, #3)
  • Lost Roads (Broken Lands, #2)
  • Queen of the Sea
  • The Bone Houses
  • Bad Company (Summer Love, #2)
  • Where Dreams Descend (Kingdom of Cards, #1)
  • The Odd Sisters: A Tale of the Three Witches (Villains #6)
  • Wished (Fairy Tale Reform School #5)
  • The Artisan of Light (Haunted Hearts Legacy, #4)
  • Remember Me
  • Ember Days
  • The Magnolia Sword: A Ballad of Mulan
  • The Lady Rogue
  • Nameless Queen
  • Blades of Spring (Ashfall, #4)
  • Untitled (Stolen Crowns, #1)
  • Stronger Than a Bronze Dragon
  • The Last Hope (The Raging Ones, #2)
Melissa de la Cruz is the New York Times and USA Today best-selling author of many critically acclaimed and award-winning novels for teens including The Au Pairs series, the Blue Bloods series, the Ashleys series, the Angels on Sunset Boulevard series and the semi-autobiographical novel Fresh off the Boat.

Her books for adults include the novel Cat’s Meow, the anthology Girls Who Like Boys Who Like

Descendants (4 books)
  • The Isle of the Lost (Descendants, #1)
  • Return to the Isle of the Lost (Descendants, #2)
  • Rise of the Isle of the Lost (Descendants #3)