Start by marking “Diablo” as Want to Read:
Diablo

Diablo

Kim is the world's best parent pesterer. So when she wants a pony, she gets a pony. What she doesn't know is that she's just adopted an Evil Genius with only two things on his mind - hay, and World Domination. Having a horrible beast of a brother doesn't help. Soon Kim realises the awful truth. There's only room for one Boss in the paddock. Who is it going to be?

Diablo i
Published September 6th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Diablo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diablo

Start your review of Diablo
Clare O'Beara
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This cheeky, fun short book shows what happens when a naughty pony pretends to be good until a nice girl buys him. Diablo decides to do what he wants, not co-operate and do nothing but eat and mock-fight other ponies. Kim who pestered her mum and mum's new boyfriend, until she got the pony, now realises that she is on her own- almost.

As much as anything, the adventure shows the dynamics of a divorced family and new stepdad. Kim's older brother is a right brat and bully. Somehow, in learning to
G.G.
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Warning…while the book is cute and funny, this is not about the love between a horse and a girl. In fact, that horse has a foul temper. However, the way the author presented it, makes it fun for all ages.

The story is told in first person POV from the perspective of a twelve year old girl, Kim. The author did a great job at it too because it feels authentic. I mean, Kim isn't always a nice girl, but like all kids, she doesn't always see it that way. The fights with her brother were fun. She also
Angela Miles
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Super cute

Okay, granted, the book has a lot of whining in it, but I stayed interested through the entire book.

The book follows a girl through owning a naughty horse. It includes a mean brother, a distracted mom, a stepdad and a father who is not really in the story.

The characters are not well developed, and the writing is not as professional as an experienced author would make it. But, it works. It held my interest. It made me laugh. It made me wince. I loved the storyline.

My one issue was th
Jo-Marie Jo-Marie
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Diablo is a fun story for readers of all ages. Kim really wants a horse, but the one she gets doesn’t exactly live up to her dreams. Still....

This isn’t a typical horse story. But it will grab you right from the start and hold your interest till the end. You’ll want to know who wins the battle, Kim or Diablo.

I think you’ll enjoy this book. I did.
Shannon
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I hope you love horses just as much as my friend’s ten-year-old because this week I am reviewing a book. The book review of Diablo was requested by the author, Fallacious Rose and it is a children’s story about a naughty horse who wants to take over the world.

Last week, I reviewed The Selection by Kiera Glass and discovered that I was not the only one to dislike this book. This week is a massive improvement. I enjoyed the book and felt that it caught the right tone of the child protagonist, Kim.
Mary K Russell
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An Entertaining Horse Tale

I think this book was certainly written for young readers, like teens . However, I found it interesting with a good story line that progressed at a good pace and kept the readers interest . I think every one has had an annoying friend. The type of horse Diablo was and the fact that he talked to his girl made an interesting change in the girl/horse narrative. Even though I'm a horse crazy grandmother, I liked this book
Laura Koerber
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-shelf
I enjoyed this book about a girl and her obnoxious horse. The main character--the young girl==is pretty obnoxious herself, so learning to handle her horse is good for her character. It's a non-preachy, realistic book about empathy and responsibility in the care of animals. Highly recommended for middle school classrooms or for teens who desperately want a horse.
Christine Meunier
Jun 19, 2018
Mana
Sep 13, 2018
Tina
rated it did not like it
Mar 01, 2019
Dec 01, 2017
Joy Smith
Apr 02, 2018
Fallacious Rose
Jun 25, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
J.C. Hanna
Melly Mel
Syndi Day
Carol McFarlane

• Diablo III: Book of Tyrael
  • Dragon Ball Z, Vol. 25: Last Hero Standing! (Dragon Ball Z, #25)
  • The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1)
  • 暗殺教室 1 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 1] (Assassination Classroom, #1)
  • Console Wars: Sega, Nintendo, and the Battle that Defined a Generation
  • Bleach, Volume 01
  • Forge (Seeds of America, #2)
  • Spy School Secret Service (Spy School, #5)
  • Roller Girl