Start by marking “Fighting the Lies (Glacial Blood, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fighting the Lies (Glacial Blood, #2)

Fighting the Lies

(Glacial Blood #2)

The cage door closes on Emma Bryant’s freedom after she is arrested for a brutal murder that she did not commit. The tough-talking lioness knows the penalty she faces is death. Can she repel all of the lies in order to survive?

Scott Frazier is always the joker. Beneath the golden lion’s mane is hidden a secret that just might save the woman he’s known to be his future mate
Published October 10th 2017 by Amazon Digital Services (first published October 9th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Fighting the Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fighting the Lies

Start your review of Fighting the Lies (Glacial Blood, #2)
Tanaka K (The Romantic Angel Blog)
I never knew that I would love a shifter romance the way I love the Glacial Blood series. This series has officially hooked me and I have become so addicted to it. Carefully laid out scenes, amazing dialogue that pulls you in and a smoking hot storyline that sizzles, this series has completely gripped me ever since I read A Touch of Snow. Now, Anna Edwards brings me an explosive paranormal better than A Touch of Snow. Fighting the Lies was super phenomenal. I devoured this book in a day and I ...more
Claire Williams
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Absolutely loved this book ‘Fighting the Lies’ by Anna Edwards. The story revolves around Emma, a member of the Glacial Blood pack, and her future after an arrest for a crime she knows nothing about. The Glacial Blood pack rallies round to help Emma especially Scott whose own history reveals an interesting twist to the story.
An enjoyable book with magic, passion and plots to unravel.
Anna weaves her magic to create a rollercoaster of emotions and five page turner!
I can’t wait to see what
Sheena
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Searing paranormal romantic thriller...

It is always a worrying prospect for me when an author that I love releases a new book; will I enjoy it as much as the others...what will I tell them if it sucks.... but I need not have feared this second in the Glacial Blood series is every bit as captivating, intriguing and steamy as the first..... in this installment one of the pack members is accused of patricide and there is overwhelming evidence...deceit, rivalry and pure evil all play a part in her
J.L. Leslie
I'm so freaking in love with the Glacial Blood pack!!! This is book two, Scott and Emma's story, and I think I enjoyed this book more than The Touch of Snow, book one (which was great!). I say this because in this book, I was already connected to the characters and knew about the Glacial Blood pack and what their history was so I was already drawn in. I like how Anna Edwards writes each book to where you finish with one couple, getting their HEA, and then she leaves you with a cliffhanger to ...more
Ally Vance
Shelves: reviews
I accepted an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

*Spoiler FREE*

I absolutely adored the first book in the series Touch Of Snow and have been eagerly awaiting this book for a while. Emma and Scott were a great couple to read about. I loved Emma's strength and independence and refusal to back down and Scott was fun, powerful and lazy to boot!

This had some great twists and we saw lots of the previous book's characters, such as our favourite evil twin Nuka. Who I must say is a bigger bastard than
Vikki Purcell
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily received an ARC from the author.

Scott knows Emma is his, Emma knows Scott is hers. Fears from her past has her keeping her heart walled for fear of being hurt. Both are drawn close when the unthinkable happens. Emma is arrested for murder, one everyone in the pack knows she didn't commit. Now Kas and the pack race agsinst time to prove her innocence.

Emma has been accused of murder. Who did she kill? You have to read to find out.

Scott and the read if the Glacial Bloods know she is
Teresa Lara
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this series.I love Emma and Scott. More plz
Victoria pearce
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not bad. I liked most of the story but Scott made me irrationally angry when he went to Nuka.
Bobbi Wagner
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fighting the Lies (Glacial Blood Book 2) by Anna Edwards is the second book in her Glacial Blood series. I highly recommend you reading the first book before this one as it picks up where the first left off. I think that it is fair to say that this is becoming one of my favorite series and my favorite for this author. I loved this book as much as the first one! I couldn't put it down, I read it in one sitting. I love her writing style as she keeps me engaged and pulls me into the story from the ...more
SaraLou
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fighting the Lies is the 2nd book in the Glacial Blood series by Anna Edwards.. I loved this just as much, if not more than The Touch of Snow.. Both great books - I highly recommend them..
I've been drawn back into the shifter world and I never want to leave..

Fighting the Lies follows on from The Touch of Snow..

Emma Bryant, a lioness shifter has been arrested and accused of a murder that she did not commit. The problem is, the evidence that is stacked against her says otherwise - the punishment
Amber Jones
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
amazingly wonder novel my first book of Anna Edwards i have read and i couldnt put it down I read it in under 4 hours.

Absolutely wonderful this book is full of witches, shape shifters not just wolves but polar bears, wolves, lions, humans and other creatures that are just completely amazing. I loved it and look forward to reading more in this series.

Emma Bryant is a stubborn reluctant lion that Scott Frazier is completely in love with.

Emma resists the urge to be with any lion after seeing how
Teri
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's always fun to see what an authors take on shifters. This author takes an interesting approach at her shifters actually having the characteristics of the animal counterparts. In this case the lion shifter is lazy and it's just an oh well that's how he is. Along with this though he is a powerful fighter and that's been his way of keeping close to Emma. Now I have to say I did have a problem with Scott and his ways especially after he professes his love. But you also have to take into ...more
Kristina Simkins
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fighting the Lies is the second book in the Glacial blood Series and Emma and Scott’s story. I highly recommend that you read this series in order starting with book 1 - Touch of Snow, Serene and Brayden’s story. FtW is an entertaining shifter story that is action packed with wonderful characters and great storyline. It’s the perfect continuation of the series and an absolute page-turner.

Emma is accused of murder and her pack will stop at nothing to prove her innocence but when she is found
Joyffree
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it

Ever have to set down a book
Step back for a moment just so you can catch a breath,
Reduce your blood pressure and the anxiety threatening to choke you?
This was that for me
I couldn't figure any way out of the nightmare Emma was trapped in
Ughhhh I hate that hopeless feeling

Scott kills me
He is such a fluffy lovable immovable piece of furniture

I am not going to recap the story - it's in the blurb
This is the second in series so if you are here and you haven't been there - you need to go back to the
Hanan
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another amazing read in this great series!
The Glacial Blood group again finds themselves entangled in a mess of someone else’s making.
Nuka is determined to destroy them at any and all costs.
These characters are fantastic! They’re loyal,trust one another and would do anything for the ones they love and for their group.
Scott and Emma are dynamic together. Their bond and love is unbreakable and fierce.
Their passion for one another is sexy and sizzling hot!
Ms. Edwards wrote an interesting new kind
Jara Beaubien
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Emma Bryant is accused of killing her Father, thus now she finds her self in jail for a brutal murder she did not commit. Will she survive what is to come, as she faces the death penalty.
Scott Frazier is a lion shifter but so different in a way from others, but he loves Emma and he is hiding a secret just could save his mate from certain death or put her at more peril then she is now. Will he make the ultimate sacrifice for her.
There are so many other characters in this story, from polar bears
Yvonne Eason
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fighting for her life after being a reseted for a murder she didn't commit is a bitter pill to swallow. Knowing that if found guilty her punishment is death. The pack rally together to do all they can to save her.

Scott the lazy lion has a secret that could potentially save the love of his life. But by releasing this secret opens him up to so much more.

I love the dynamics between Scott and Emma. Scott is such the joker and Emma is such the fighter. Both so different but come together perfectly.

Renee
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book just about destroyed me. Absolutely on the edge suspense and Anna Edwards used her superior writing skills to elicit almost every emotion possible from me. Each time I thought I knew what would happen I was completely wrong.

There is so much to this than just a typical paranormal romance story. The author adds depth to every character and scene. I really felt like I could walk right into the pages and even though it's paranormal that world building development was so adept it seemed
Gladys
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fighting the Lies (Glacial Blood, #2) by Anna Edwards a very good read and an excellent addition to this series. I love this series! It has everything you could ask for. Sexy shifters, drama, passion, love,
twists, surprises, steam and great storytelling. This book features Emma and Scott's story. Intense, emotional and suspenseful you are engaged very quickly and then must roll with the punches as you read through as quickly as possible to see what happens next. A wonderful read that I
Julie Jackson
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for SNS

Emma is in big trouble. She has been arrested and accused of killing her father. When she finds out that her brother (that she didn’t know of) is behind this, she is scared to death. Her pack is trying their best to find out the truth of all this mess. Scott is beside himself. Can he tell her how he truly feels about her? Beautiful book. The storyline and characters are amazing. You don’t want to miss out on this book!!!
Barb
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
More!

Oh Anna Edwards, you have delivered another fantastic read. This was Scott and Emma's story. Somehow Emma is trial for murder with a possible death sentence of someone she hardly knows. Can the clan save her in time? Will Scott figure out his feelings before then, can Emma? If you read The touch of Snow, you have to join the clan on this adventure and find where this going to take us.
Michelle
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-read, arc, 2017
Love this sequel to The Touch Of Snow. Emma and Scott are perfect together and their chemistry is on fire! This book has it all drama, mystery, suspense, love and sexy passionate shifters. This is a well written, entertaining read with amazing characters and story twists that will keep you turning the pages. I can't wait to read the next book by Anna Edwards! I received an Advanced Reader Copy of this book and I loved it so much I bought it. Another 5-star must read!
Dianna Wheeler
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed and ARC of this book for an honest review. Anna Edwards I'm in love with this series. Bring on Glacial Blood #3. I loved this book. Your writing is wonderful. Story is exciting and captivating. One story ( book) leads to another. I love how strong the character's are. Scott and Emma are made for each other. Kass, Alpha male, keeps the family together, just like glue. "Family isn't always blood, it people who except you as you are." That is true.
R. Murray
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the second instalment of the Glacial Blood series and it was just a gripping as the first. The twist and turns left you praying Emma survived and the love Scott shows is insane.

I did struggle with the flow of the writing sometimes, but the story and the characters made up for that and I was dragged into the shifter world.

This is a series I will be waiting eagerly for each book! And I already can’t wait to read Tyler’s story next!
Becky
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW. You continue to suck me into the world of multi-shifters. :) Emma and Scott knowing that they were destined to be from first sight played out during the flashbacks. True love is doing things for another that go against personal needs. Scott hit a home run with Emma right next. Nuka - what an ass. Greed and selfishness never win. They only get short term "victories". I can't wait for you to dunk the dude! Tyler, man, what did you do? I'm ready for #3.
Anna
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! Seems like I've waited a long time for Fighting the Lies to come out and it was worth the wait. Emma and Scotts story is my favorite of the series. I'm not going to give away any spoilers so if you want to find out what happens between Scott and Emma read Fighting the Lies and I'm sure you will love it just as much as I did.
I voluntarily read a review copy of this book.
Esther Alayeto
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Agreat paranormal romance that I really enjoyed reading. This book pulled me in right from the beginning and kept me hooked until the end. Scott and Emma are a great couple with lots of chemistry and a strong bond. It is a sizzling hot read with twists and turns to keep you glued to its pages.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Frances
Wow! This story is so fun the read. It tells the story of Scott and Emma, and how they overcome the lies. When Emma is accused of a heinous crime, Scott and the rest of the Glacial Pack do all the have to do to get the truth out. Fighting Lies is the second book in this series and will have you entertained while reading. Anna is an awesome writer and her books is really good.
Shawn
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Glacial Blood makes all the difference to this pack. It's not the familial blood.

Emma is such a strong shifter. And Scott is doing everything to prove that she doesn't have to be strong on her own.

Emma and Scott seemed to be taken through their paces. Both willing to give everything up for the other.

I love how these stories are interwoven with one another.
Katie Kearney
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. The characters were engaging and honestly felt real. The chemistry between the two main characters was electric and satisfying. Well written and never failed to keep me turning the pages to see what happens next! This is my third book by Anna Edwards and she has never disappointed me. Can't wait to read her next one.

• The Secrets of Life (The Working Girls #1)
  • Cursed Angels
  • Something Wicked
  • Happily Ever Crowned (Underworld Royals #1)
  • Defending Sophie (GHOST, #1)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Every Kiss You Steal (Redeeming Love #7)
  • Chasing Sophia
  • Dominic (Shattered Love Duet, #2)
  • Balance (Chicago Defiance MC, #6)
  • A&E
  • Hot Mess
  • Prince (Diablos MC #2)
  • Stolen Lies (Truths and Lies, #2)
  • Steel Princess (Royal Elite, #2)
  • Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)
  • Beast (Diablos MC #1)
  • My Wife & Master Jake
I am a British author, from the depths of the rural countryside near London. In a previous life, I was an accountant from the age of twenty-one. I still do that on occasions, but most of my life is now spent intermingling writing while looking after my husband, two children and two cats (probably in the inverse order to the one listed!). When I have some spare time, I can also be found writing ...more

Glacial Blood (4 books)
  • The Touch of Snow (Glacial Blood #1)
  • Fallen For Shame (The Glacial Blood #3)
  • Shattered Fears (Glacial Blood, #4)