Start by marking “Remedial Christianity: What Every Believer Should Know about the Faith, But Probably Doesn't” as Want to Read:

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  48 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Remedial Christianity places Christianity among the world's major religions and contrasts and compares its doctrine and practice with those of other great religions. It further examines not only the distinctively Christian beliefs, but the breadth of Christianities within Christianity. Written clearly and with humor, Remedial Christianity provides a valuable tool for every ...more
Published January 1st 1999 by Polebridge Press

To ask other readers questions about Remedial Christianity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Remedial Christianity

Milton Hill
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent explanation of the development of the Christian Faith and tradition. A "must read" for any who want to understand their faith tradition.
Jim Lavis
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book could be a life changing experience:

It’s always amazed me how ill-informed the general public is when it comes to world religions. It is also surprising that so many people who fill our church pews on Sundays, refer to themselves as Christians, but have very little knowledge of the faith they embrace. It seems they adopt their faiths by birth and just go along with the status quo and never really question the legitimacy of their beliefs.

I just finished reading “Remedial Christianity,
Russell
May 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Religion professor and theologian Paul Alan Laughlin takes the reader on a methodical journey through Christian scholarship primarily from a historical-critical perspective. The information is clearly presented and much of it will undoubtedly be a shock to many Christian readers who, as the book's subtitle suggests, will largely be unfamiliar with many of the facts of Christianity's history.

When I read a book of this nature I prefer to just get the facts with no alternative agenda. Laughlin fail
Lynne
Oct 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Kristin Lukens
Shelves: read-reviewed
I loved this book...well, it's actually a textbook, but I read it cover to cover. The information contained is straightforward and actually struck me as very unbiased in its presentation. Many of the questions that are raised for me, and many of the issues that cause me to doubt some integral Christian beliefs are directly and openly addressed. I definitely think that everyone who claims to be Christian should read this book and get to know the religion inside and out, instead of blindly accepti ...more
Lewis
Mar 16, 2007 rated it it was amazing
If you’re looking for a good overview on many of teachings taught in mainstream Christianity, and you wish to use your new found understanding to berate your fellow Christian friends or improve and better define your own Christian faith this is the book. It’s easy to read and easy to use for devils, angels and people who don’t believe in either.
Dustin Sherman
May 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing! I have spoke with the author of this book who is a professor at a liberal arts school, Otterbein University. This is a great book to re-examine christianity and its validity. It is clearly written and an easy read. It makes you think and ponder reality. I would recommend this book to everyone.
Marjorie
Jul 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religion
Frustrated that his college students thought they understood Christianity because of dim memories of superficial platitudes from Sunday school, Laughlin wrote this book as an introductory text on Christianity. As an added bonus, it features cartoons and is often downright hilarious. I adore this book. Guaranteed to offend all traditional and mainstream Christians.
D Steven Ledingham
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book. Very open minded commentary on biblical concepts in a wonderfully easy to understand and non-judge mental (if that's possible with the bible) manner. Recommended reading as alternative interpretations of the bible.
Doug Monroe
Aug 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The subtitle says it all -- to paraphrase: "What (Everyone) Should Know about the Faith, but Probably Doesn't."
Colette
Jun 01, 2013
James McGuffee
Feb 24, 2018
Jestine Ware
rated it did not like it
May 10, 2012