Start by marking “Scorpion Rising (Dan Roy #5)” as Want to Read:
Scorpion Rising (Dan Roy #5)

Scorpion Rising

(Dan Roy #5)

Hell hath no fury like an assassin scorned.
Her name is spoken in whispers. She kills in silence, with the sting of a needle. Her name? Scorpion.
But she was betrayed, and left for dead.
Now she wants revenge. And no one is going to stand in her way. Apart from one man. Dan Roy, a betrayed assassin himself. The only man who once caught a glimpse of her face. A little
Published September 16th 2017 by Hard Wire Publications (first published September 9th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Scorpion Rising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scorpion Rising

Start your review of Scorpion Rising (Dan Roy #5)
Todd Simpson
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant Series. Mick Bose certainly knows how to write highly memorable Action Thrillers. Each and every story that I’ve read in this great series is both unique and packed with adventure. I haven’t read one yet that I haven’t enjoyed. I love Dan Roy as a character, and he’s more than capable in any situation.
Dan Roy thought he had finally severed ties with his previous employer Intercept and started a new life for himself. He was quite enjoying doing what he wanted, when he wanted, which was
Rod
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
one of my best reads in quite a while i couldn't put it down.
as a stand alone thriller it would appeal to many
as I have found its best to follow the Dan Roy series
5 star read
Grace J Reviewerlady
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dan Roy thrillers are not the type of books which you settle into like a comfy pair of slippers. Rather they keep you on the edge of your seat with your mind alert and – dare I say – regular glances over your shoulder!

We find Dan in a new location and I love all the information about the local culture – the buildings, the people, the food. He doesn’t seem able to escape entirely from his black-ops past and again gets involved in some serious combat situations, and I know if I was part of
Pete
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed all the Dan Roy books from Mick Bose and this latest one is no exception, indeed I think that it is probably the best one yet.
The plot line is rather different from the other books in the series, but as I hate giving out 'spoilers' I won't elaborate further on why!
What I will say is that Scorpion is a great character, and I really loved the section of the book detailing how she became what she is.
As always with Mick Bose's books there is a great deal of violence and mayhem which
Satrajit Sanyal
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dan Roy and the Scorpion. An irresistible combination. Once again I binged read the latest Dan Roy adventure Scorpion Rising. This is the way I seem to read all the Dan Roy books, and I was not disappointed. Not only does Dan Roy have an intriguing nemesis - Scorpion, the killer who stings with lethal needles, he has a cast of characters around him who threaten the integrity of the US Senate. All of Dan Roy's martial skills are on display, as well as his ability to fight through to the end.

Brian O'Hare
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
At a time when I had just completed reviewing a couple of books that didn’t set me afire, I just wanted something to read for my own pleasure. I’d read Mike Bose before, so Scorpion Rising seemed just the answer.
And it was. Pacy writing, rollicking plot, a Jack Reacher -type protagonist, a seriously kick-ass female baddie, exotic locations abroad, Russian spies ... what’s not to like? It may be slightly formulaic, maybe a few pence short of a James Bond movie, but it was a great read with plenty
Irene Adam
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a free advance e-copy of this book and have chosen to write an honest and unbiased review. I have no personal affiliation with the author. Wow! This is an amazing story. The action and suspense never quits. Dan Roy is a very complicated man that carries a very wicked and dangerous knife. He is so scary and dangerous at times and so kind and gentle at other times. The Scorpion is a dangerous trained assassin with a horrendous past. This is a well-written thriller with a great plot, ...more
Susan
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
UNEXPECTED. Scorpion Rising is is the sixth book in the Dan Roy series. You can read this as a standalone but it makes more sense if you have read the previous books. There is a lot of violence.

The book blurb adequately describes the storyline so I'm not going to repeat all of that info here. The action started at the beginning and continued throughout the book. The storyline is average and formulaic, but is still worth reading. But there are enough twists and turns to keep you riveted. Overall
June
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Best of The Dan Roy Story

This is one book you won't want to put down. So many plot twist that I wasn't expecting that I had to keep reading so I could figure out who was on the "right " side. I liked how the actions of one person 30 years ago played such a key role in the story. I love how the author describes the surrounding so well that I felt like I was right there with the characters with my throat choking on the dust with them. This story is action packed with very little breathing
Betty
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Exciting Series

I have just finished SCORPION RISING and I have enjoyed each book. I really liked the interaction between Dan Roy and the Scorpion. I would love to see another book with these two characters working together again. I believe they could maybe find a middle ground where they work together and find a little happiness. Mr. Mick Bose in anxiously awaiting for more of Dan Roy escapades.

Luc
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
With Scorpion Rising Mick Bose has not only produced his fifth but also his best Dan Roy novel so far.

The high quality of this novel is more based on the strength of the characters than on the action (although it still comes by the truckload). Dan has evolved into a more complex but even more so, a more rounded person.

Dan as you’ve never experienced him before, unlikely alliances against the exotic background setting of Turkey and its people all combine to a top-notch thriller.
Anna Lopez pugsley
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exciting

Each book in the series gets better. There are some great twists and turns in this book and many surprises that will make you take a step back.
The ending was terrific! An absolute shock and surprise!
Don't make make any plans for a weekend, grab some sodas and snacks, sit down in your reading chair and dive in!
Carol Butler
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's a Dan Roy novel but in this one we have 2 very strong females, one being the so-called The Scorpion an assassin because of the way she kills with needles. This novel is what you would expect from Bose, action, intrigue and yes a bit far-fetched in places but what a storyline. This author certainly knows how to put words together and produce a masterpiece.
Roy Rutledge
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another Dan Roy book that will not let you stop and come back later. Once you start you have your keep going. The older I get the harder it is to read non stop to finish a book, but I struggled thru it.
Now on to the next one.
Kristin Paladino
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

No disappointment in the next Dan Roy Thriller...twists, turns, adrenaline spiked, nerves shot, plots thickened and adversaries who find common ground if even for a short time. Loved it!!!!
lindel
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Badass to the T

This book was so awesome that the Scorpion made me want to be an assassin. The chemistry between the H/h was electrical. I could not put this book down. Felt a little cheated by the ending though. Guess we can't always get out HEA
Don
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good story that held my interest until the end. This was a better read than ShanghaiTang. The situations Dan got in were more believable than not, although he needs to be careful and not make Dan Superman. A little love / lust added in for more humanity.
Kenn Goslin
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is not at all what I expected!!!

The hints were there all along but too obscure for me to connect! Looking forward to the next installment of Dan Roy's adventures!!!
Roger
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good book with an interesting twist. Recommend consideraiton.
Ed Carpenter
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have a few candidates I need scorpions help with

This book was full of twists and turns and kept me fully engaged for the whole way. A great one.
Harvey Miller
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another fast paced intricate storyline that kept me riveted and reading.
Debbie
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Prison Days

Fast-paced, exciting read. Interesting story about the early days of the Scorpion and her prison history. We get to see how she became who she is. Interesting!!
Gary
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book keeps you turning pages and the plot is fantastic. Couple of turns I did t see.
Mrs M Walker
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great read

A great read, I found the character of Natasha quite similar to Elsbeth Salander. I look forward to reading more about the scorpion and Dan Ray.
Jim
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
A very good and entertaining novel. I enjoyed reading this novel and recommend this book to everyone.
Curtis Hawk
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story has been very well written by Mick Bose plenty of action and suspense.
Elizabeth Wilson Higgins
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Action

Exciting thriller full of action. Mick Bode takes the reader on an adrenaline fueled adventure. Dan Roy is the modern Bond.
Robbie
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good book. Fast-paced, smart and tough protagonists that are likeable - I rate it 4.7 stars.
Laura R
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Two assassins, double crosses and betrayal, political intrigue, secret lives, and mysterious merchandise. What more could you want in a fast paced political thriller? Did not see some of the twists in the story. This book has definitely left me wanting to read more of this series.
Dixie Petersen
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Exciting, kick-butt action!

I truly enjoyed this action/adventure/suspenseful/mystery story. Since it crossed lines of genre, LOL, I didn't want to leave anything out! The author has created a very memorable characters in Dan Roy.

Besides being very entertaining, this novel addresses an evil spreading throughout the world. It's insidious and it seems there is no way to fight this growing evil, but we have too! It might happen to someone you know and love! Be observant. I really like the character

• Lion (Will Slater #2)
  • Double Edged Blade (Omega #2)
  • The Storm (Omega #3)
  • Wolf (Will Slater #1)
  • Dawn of the Hunter (Omega #1)
  • Savages (The Jason King Files #3)
  • Warrior (The Jason King Files #2)
  • The Chimera (Black Force Shorts #2)
  • Revelations (Tanner #20)
  • Bull (Will Slater #5)
  • Contracts (King & Slater #2)
  • Ciphers (King & Slater #3)
  • Lynx (Will Slater #4)
  • The Victor (Black Force Shorts #1)
  • Caged Animal (Noah Wolf #15)
  • Fire and Forget (Thomas Caine #3)
  • Weapons (King & Slater #1)
  • The Coast (Black Force Shorts #5)

Dan Roy (9 books)
  • Hidden Agenda (Dan Roy #1)
  • Dark Water (Dan Roy #2)
  • The Tonkin Protocol (Dan Roy #3)
  • Shanghai Tang (Dan Roy #4)
  • Deep Deception (Dan Roy #6)
  • Scorpion Down (Dan Roy #7)
  • Code Zero (Dan Roy #8)
  • Scorpion Sting (Dan Roy #9)