Start by marking “Fight to the Finish (The Specialists, #5)” as Want to Read:
Fight to the Finish (The Specialists, #5)

Fight to the Finish

(The Specialists #5)

When someone close to TL disappears, The Specialists pull out all the stops. GiGi is brought into another mission along with Bruiser and Mystic. This time, it’s a fight to the finish where everyone's secrets are revealed.
Published October 27th 2012 by SEG Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Fight to the Finish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fight to the Finish

Start your review of Fight to the Finish (The Specialists, #5)
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
Q: The fight club was in the basement below floor one. (c)

The most dynamic volume of the series so far. Some of my braincells have died over reading it but, considering all the fun I had otherwise, I think I'll do a full recovery.

The fun includes:

The meeting of Red (new MC), Molly the Bruiser, TL the Tommy and Joe the Mystic was quite intense. And angsty. So, I approve.

Molly seems to be the resident specialist in running fight clubs. Yep, real ones. Bothering her is not the best ever action pla
Novia
Nov 28, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay I'm kinda having mixed feelings about this last book in the Specialists series.
Well I'll start with the cons: I read it in the form of an e-book. Enough said.
The Mystic story was similar to Meg Cabot's 1-800-Where-R-You? series. So I couldn't really enjoy that part. And I still don't understand the whole "I need to see her eyes to figure out where she is" thing. And I definitely did not like re-introduction of Professor Quirk into this last book. I get that the author is trying to tie off a
Jayne
Nov 05, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tanya
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
They have secrets and they will all be revealed when one of them disappear. What are the secrets they are hiding? How will they deal with those secrets? See how they all get on

Victoria
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, I want to preface this by saying this book was waaaay too short. Her books at most are usually only 200 pages which I can read easily in a hour and a half or so but this was just nope!

Despite the length, these two were the most interesting characters of all (besides wirenut, I have a soft spot for him) and they were kind of rushed through! I would've liked to see their backstories fleshed out a bit.

I think the cliffhanger was on the back of my mind throughout the entire book so I would q
Dianita
It was too short...!!
I was excited with the initial plot, when Randy/Quirk appeared i thought things gonna be interesting but... he just arrive and say to Gigi that he want to be friends with her... Actually i don't know why they put him in this book, just with a reference of him would have been enough... He really don't do anything in the story...

And the introduction of her sister in the last pages? really? It was like "oh right, i have to put the sister in the book" ... Ugh.. That really annoy
Zainab
Ohmygodohmygodohmygod. Love!

Total gold for a series final :(
Outstanding action. MMA was deffo a good move to put in (Y)

This book was thoroughly enjoyed, even though it was a really quick, FUN and light read it is pretty bloody awesome.

Read it.
Barbara Hackel
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the end of the Specialists-the last book in the series. It is seeped in tragedy and blood. It is unbelievably descriptive to the point I could hear things mentioned in the book as they were happening. It turns out that Bruiser and TL were basically raised and trained as fighters by the same man a decade or so apart. TL and Nalani's 7 year old daughter has been kidnapped and somehow Mystic has determined it has something to do with the Demise Chaine Fight Club. In order to find their daug ...more
Drue
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, I finally finished reading the whole series, and so I decided to write a brief review. I would say that I liked (but didn't love...) the overall plot overall. The ideas were smart, but I found that there were so many repetitive things that happened in the book. I liked it to a degree, but then it turned boring. I expected more. It reminded me of "Gallagher girls series". Oh well, that series is just something you can't compete with. I don't feel like that there was an extraordinary developme ...more
Douglas Williamson
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This time the stakes are high enough to bring in the entire team.

This is the fifth book (and last, at least for now) in a teen spies series featuring a group of smart and tough kids keeping the world safe. Each book works just fine as a standalone story, so feel free to read them in any order.

I am enjoying this series more and more with each book that I read. The plot is fun and easy to read with enough twists and turns to keep things interesting. This was an exciting climax to the series and I
Sherri Geisler Locke
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
as with all of them i was kept interested throughout. There were a lot of loose ends that were tied up but some that i thought were left hanging. Maybe I missed something in there as sometimes happens. I will miss this motley group of teens and wonder how they will fair as adults. this whole set are clean and good reads for teens and YA but anyone can enjoy. A touch of romance but never anything mushy or anything like that. I recommend the series to any who like mysteries.

I received a free copy
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen
Idk.

I really loved the first book of this series when I was younger. I was able to read the second one and then dropped the ball on finishing.

Now, finally, I decided to put forth the time to finish the whole series and I ran into some struggles. First, the third and fourth books were not available through any means I had except inter-library loan and then I had to purchase the Kindle eBook for the final one.

And the final book just felt so rushed. I liked hearing about everyone's backgrounds and
Robyn Baltazar
The last book is the best in the series! As they say, save the best for last. This comes close to The Winning Element but this novel stood out a bit more because of the action involved.

Molly/Bruiser is amazing and I love strong female characters. In the last book, I hoped that GiGi would somehow end up with Randy/Professor Quirk but since David and GiGi had a history, I guessed that David would do.

I wished that the ending was longer. It was too short.

Anyways, this series is available on Amazo
Heather W
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the fifth and final book in The Specialists series and was, unfortunately, a little too short to cover all the points that could have been covered. However, I still enjoyed reading it and the entire series. This story had a kidnapping, violence, danger, humour, and some romance. An enjoyable series for readers of any age.

Pat Eroh
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing series that had me absolutely captured me for the entire series. I love all of the characters and this author has done an awesome job through all 5 books. This book is the final adventure of these young spies! What a thriller ride this has been. I highly recommend any and all of these books!

Sthep
3.5
Overall, I like it, but yeah: I agree with many people out there. It was rushed at the end, and did not feel like an ending at all. How do you cut the series like that? Because it is what it felt like.
So, dear Shannon... resurrect them? Please?
Maria Langella  Langella-Sorgie
Loved the last book in the series. Such a great fun spy series for all ages. I received a free copy of the series from the author through Voracious Readers Only. Grab this series and enjoy the ride!
Antove Crompton
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing !

Read all the books in a week! Each one is fantastic and I wish there were more in the series.
The characters and details are outstanding. I’m a 32 year old woman and enjoyed these immensely
Amanda Cole
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very well written. Keeps your attention while you are waiting on the next surprise. Good read
Ally
Jul 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fight to the Finish is a fairly short book despite its status of being the last installment. Honestly, it should had been at least two hundred pages, but oh, well. What is done is already done, like this book and everything else I'd read. (With the exception of ARC books. They still have a chance at redemption).

GiGi returns. This time she comes back with a lot of romantic issues. Randy (also known as Professor Quirk) is causing the barrier between David and GiGi. GiGi, unbeknownst to her, is par
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spy, ya
Once again, a fun read. The latter books of this series seem a little better, but that could just be because I've grown attached to the characters and/or because they're developed enough to do more interesting things.

Overall, this series was written passably well, although a bit stereotypically. The author uses made-up countries and tribes, which is probably a good thing, otherwise it would be blatantly obvious that the countries and cultures are caricatures and/or made with what could easily h
T.S.
Jul 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the book because I simply loved the rest of the series. I however think that the book was too short. It felt like there was a rush to tie all of the loose ends. Needless to say the ends were tied they were just done in a sloppy manor. There could have been more about Kelly and her sister. I also felt there was a story developing with Breaker and Randy. I still don't know who was following Kelly. One great thing in this book was the fight scenes. It felt like I was watching them on tv as ...more
Shreya Kishore
I liked the series and the only problem I had with it was that it was too generic. Each book had GiGi going for a mission with one of the team members. The mission they had was usually connected with one of the member's past. They also discovered new family members of the team mate. They went to a new place, GiGi learnt some new skills and they succeeded. Even in the last book, the attempt to create a love triangle was pathetic. The only thing this series lacked was originality. I would have en ...more
Britany
Apr 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Absolutely loved this book! I was my very favorite out of the whole series!!!!!! The characters are amazing and the fighting in this one was awesome! I was on the edge of my seat during the whole fighting sequence!!! I loved the romantic dinner between Mystic and Bruiser!!! I thought it was so funny I was laughing so hard I almost started crying!!! I also loved the part where Mystic was teaching Chapling how to swin I could totally see him flapping his arms trying to tread water! Hilarious. I do ...more
Addie Stocksdale
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
I loved this series. I will most defiantly miss Gigi and the gang, a great ending though! I love how Shannon Greenland wrote this. If you haven't read this series it is a must! I think I might deme I my new favorite series. I can't wait to read more of Shannon's books! Fight to the Finish (The Specialists, #5) by Shannon Greenland Shannon Greenland

Tara
Sep 16, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First time I've ever read an entire book as a free download... This book was a lot of fun! I've enjoyed this whole series (yes, this is the last book). They're fun, light reads, with quirky characters, humor, and interesting talents. A nice, complete wrap-up (it's relaxing to have a nicely packaged wrap-up every once in a while), although I'm sad there won't be more books in this series. I definitely recommend this series if you're looking for something quick, light, and enjoyable.
Krista
Feb 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, own, series, kindle
I left like this one was super rushed, trying to put in the two backstories and then the entire plot of the mission. I love Bruiser and would also like to put to take down people twice my size haha. The ending seemed to lackluster a little bit considering it was the end of the series. I wish it had a bit more about what their future would be looking like since the readers wouldn't be able to find out but oh well I guess.
5/5 for nostalgic reasons.
Ellie
Jan 01, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was went way too quikly-- it was way too rushed. Everything happens so suddenly (in a bad way). I think it's a terrible ending to the series,
Oh and Whats up with mystic? what type of skill in Clairvoyance? that more magical superpower than skill.
1 star my lowest rating ever...
Just so disappointed Shannon. But maybe she just wanted to get out of this series and write smthg else, still no excuse!!
Corina
May 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this series and thought it was really fun! I fell in love with each character in this book.

However, the end of the last book (this one) was a major let down. I felt like it was rushed and that with the mystery that was just randomly solved on the last page (seriously though, WTF?!?!?) There could have been another book to end this series.

I am very disappointed in the end... :(
H
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like that almost all loose ends were tied up. But I feel like the end was just rushed so the series will finally end. I have so many questions about the ending -- such as how do we know Red was qualified to be part of the Specialists, given that he's a bit weak? Also, they readily accepted the arrival of Gigi's sister. Since she's independent, how do we know she's not working for anyone?

But I really enjoyed the series, and I wish there's more!
« previous 1 3 next »
Was the Ending good? 1 7 Aug 15, 2013 02:18PM

• Also Known As (Also Known As, #1)
  • Two Lies and a Spy (Two Lies and a Spy, #1)
  • The Echelon (Spy Girl, #7)
  • Killer Spirit (The Squad, #2)
  • A Girl Named Digit (Digit, #1)
  • Perfect Cover (The Squad, #1)
  • Killer Instinct (The Naturals, #2)
  • The Eagle (Spy Girl, #2)
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • The Prince (Spy Girl, #1)
  • The Society (Spy Girl, #3)
  • United We Spy (Gallagher Girls, #6)
  • Perfectly Oblivious (Perfect #1)
  • Only the Good Spy Young (Gallagher Girls, #4)
  • Going Rogue (Also Known As, #2)
  • The Dauntless (Spy Girl, #5)
  • The Phoenix (Spy Girl, #6)
  • Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls, #5)
Things you should know about me: I write novels! Some have won awards. Others have been bestsellers. Under Shannon Greenland (my real name) you’ll find spies, adventure, and romantic suspense. Under S. E. Green (my pen) you’ll find dark and gritty fiction about serial killers, cults, secret societies that do bad things, and whatever else my twisted brain deems to dream up. I’m on Instagram, Twitte ...more

The Specialists (5 books)
  • Model Spy (The Specialists, #1)
  • Down to the Wire (The Specialists, #2)
  • The Winning Element (The Specialists, #3)
  • Native Tongue (The Specialists, #4)