Start by marking “The Kiss Quotient (The Kiss Quotient, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Kiss Quotient (The Kiss Quotient, #1)

The Kiss Quotient

(The Kiss Quotient #1)

3.90  ·  Rating details ·  85,203 ratings  ·  13,751 reviews
A heartwarming and refreshing debut novel that proves one thing: there's not enough data in the world to predict what will make your heart tick.

Stella Lane thinks math is the only thing that unites the universe. She comes up with algorithms to predict customer purchases — a job that has given her more money than she knows what to do with, and way less experience in the dat
Kindle Edition, 1st US edition, 333 pages
Published June 5th 2018 by Berkley (first published May 30th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about The Kiss Quotient, please sign up.
Reggie I know the the author expressed her feelings on this but I couldn’t help thinking of Stella as Asian or half Asian half white. I think it was her…moreI know the the author expressed her feelings on this but I couldn’t help thinking of Stella as Asian or half Asian half white. I think it was her parents who had such high expectations of her (totally stereotyping in my head) and also the fact that she was aware of wuxia and Asian actors. Or maybe I’m getting their POV’s mixed up in my head.(less)
Dale I feel like there are definitely some steamy moments—and agree that it's graphic, but it's so well-written as well as in my opinion, it wasn't like…moreI feel like there are definitely some steamy moments—and agree that it's graphic, but it's so well-written as well as in my opinion, it wasn't like there was a sex scene every other page. So I felt like, despite the novel revolving around the fact that the hero is an escort, the story was less of about that and more about their relationship.(less)

·  85,203 ratings  ·  13,751 reviews

Chaima ✨ شيماء
This book had the nerve…the audacity…the unmitigated gall…to come into my home…where I pay the bills…and let me down.

On the bright side, however, at least it’s not a Percy Jackson movie.

I relish stories that give voices to cultures and experiences that are unfortunately too rarely represented on page or screen, so when I heard this book is an ownvoices story about a woman with Asperger's, I immediately added it to my TBR.

Although this novel isn't as winning as I expected it to be, there's certai
Emily May
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 1/2 stars. Well, this book. I'm not even sure where to start. I guess I'll begin with an overview.

The Kiss Quotient is a seriously sexy, fun book that has rekindled my interest in the romance genre. When it hits the spot, I LOVE a good romance, but I rarely find one that goes beyond cliches and instalove so I usually end up bored. Not with this one. Not one bit.

It's the perfect blend of sweet and steamy. And let me be clear: this is not YA. There's a lot of graphic sex scenes, though I should
Lola
May 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Lola by: Rachel Aranda
I am… not impressed.

How lovely that this is an #ownvoices novel. Stella is autistic, as is the author, and so, no one can say that it is not authentic.

But the storyline is not, however, very realistic.

See, Stella is bad at sex, or so she says. She’s also bad at relationships and human interactions in general. So she hires Michael, an escort, to teach her a thing or two.

Or three. *suggestive eyebrows*

I was entertained for the first fifty or so pages, then I became tired of the sex talk. Do we rea
Melanie

This was my pick for the June 2018 Book of the Month box!

ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

“I like you better than calculus, and math is the only thing that unites the universe.”

Friends, The Kiss Quotient is so deserving of every ounce of hype it has received thus far. I am not sure I’ve ever been so happy, and had such a lame grin on my face, while reading any other book. This was heartwarming, beautiful, and a treat to read. Don’t sleep on this on
Melissa
Jun 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, predictable, romance
Not exactly the wow-worthy read I was expecting.

There’s been a ton of buzz surrounding this novel and I would say, rightly so for one reason. With this story, Helen Hoang gives voice to a syndrome that until now has been absent in the romance genre. Through her cast of endearing characters, she explores the importance of self-acceptance and the desire we all have to find that one person who makes establishing an intimate relationship feel effortless. I just wish I had enjoyed the plot as much as
Roxane
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Kiss Quotient is quite the unexpected romance novel. Stella Lane is on the spectrum and wants to get better at sex so she can, hopefully, find a life partner and start the family her parents so very much want her to have. To get better at sex she hires Michael, an escort with a lot of debt and a few secrets but who, somehow, is exactly the man she needs. Of course he is! That's how romance novels work. But this is such a fun read and it's also quite original and sexy and sensitive. Stella is ...more
emma
things about this that were very good:
- the autism rep
- the fact that while the author was researching said autism rep, she got diagnosed with autism
- this is #ownvoices for autism and asian rep! yay! cool inclusion of vietnamese culture!
- the female character is the moneymaker/works in STEM and the male character has less money/is a creative! employment gender role reversal.

things about this that were not very good, for me, personally, sorry:
- a woman getting f*cked out of some of her autism sy
Christy
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5+ Stars!!!

description

There isn't much better as a reader than finding a debut novel that you have zero expectations for, and it blowing you away. The Kiss Quotient did just that. Helen Hoang wrote a book that is smart, sexy, made me laugh, and gave me just the right amount of feels. There wasn't one thing I would change about this story or the characters. I loved everything about it!

Stella Lane is a thirty year old econometrician who is smart and successful, but lacking in one area of her life. Relatio
Joce (squibblesreads)
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
lord jesus mama needs a cold shower
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Re-read 6/12/18: Hi hello I am still SO obsessed with this book. If you haven’t read it yet, PLEASE READ IT. You absolutely will not regret it.

Original read 5/2/18: I am a swooney mess, oh my LANTA. I haven’t swooned this hard since Joshua Templeman. My heart is so happy right now, I can’t even. WHAT A ROMANCE.
Warda
“I’m obsessed with you, Michael,” she confessed.

I want to hug this book. But since I don't have the physical copy of it yet, I'm going to have to be satisfied with hugging my kindle.
The story was even better the second time round. I remember the miscommunication bugging me when it happened the first time I read it. Now, I'm realising us humans do have a major issue with communicating because we're uncomfortable with being vulnerable.

I appreciated even more how unapologetic Stella became. How
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
#1 The Kiss Quotient ★★★★★
#2 The Bride Test ★★★★☆

Sometimes, you hear so much hype for a book that you reach the point where you’re almost afraid to read it, because your hopes are so high that you just know, if it disappoints you even an iota, you’re going to be totally crushed… right? It’s the worst feeling and it can make it so hard to finally pick up that superlatively popular read, because nobody wants to be the only person who hates a book, right?

“All the things that make you different m
Penelope Douglas
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I started reading this Friday night on a plane, and as usual, I suspected I probably wouldn't make it past chapter 3 before just putting on my headphones and opening up my laptop to write instead. Most of my readers know I don't read much romance anymore, not because it's not good, but because I write it all day, I kind of need a break when I'm reading for pleasure. So I veer toward other genres.

It's like a hairstylist, you know? You think their families would constantly be able to get their ha
Tatiana
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who want to like romances, but never find good ones
Recommended to Tatiana by: PW
Alright, I am just going to up my rating to 5 stars. I devoured every sweet, smutty page of this story. Again. While I am not blind to this romance’s flaws, I simply love it. I feel like this story was written exclusively for me.

Original review
The last time I enjoyed a romance novel this much was... hm, I think the word I am reaching for is NEVER. I am always looking for good love stories but rarely find them. This book scratched my romance itch just right. I pretty much loved it.

So the setup
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
YESSSSSS! 2018 GR Choice Awards - Best Romance - Winner :)

Even Sarah J. Maas recommends this book! Pls watch this video clip. :P

----------------

Attention please! This book is going to be a movie soon. OMG I can't wait to see Stella & Michael on the screen. 😍😍😍
For more info, pls read this article! ❤

One of the best books of 2018 and THIS BOOK I
Julie
The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang is a 2018 Berkley publication.

A real charmer!

Stella, an Econometrician, has intimacy issues, perhaps a symptom of her Asperger’s. With her mother growing impatient for grandchildren, and after absorbing an ugly comment, which took aim at Stella’s lack of sexual experience, she decides to hire a male escort to ‘teach’ her everything she needs to know about dating and sex.

Michael Phan has never had a client like Stella. She touches a part of him, he keeps barrica
C.G. Drews
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Aww how cute is this?! I wanted to read this because of the #ownvoices autistic storyline, but hesitated for ages because...adult romance is not my thing lmao. But I was too curious not to try, so here I am and my opinion is seriously: AWW HOW CUTE IS THIS.

It almost reminded me of Lara Jean x Peter Kavinsky...with the fake dating. But grown up. And with a lot of sex. And he's an escort and she's an autistic and works in economics instead. \_(ツ)_/ So um nothing alike but the FAKE DATING. It's a f
jessica
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
well, if this wasnt just the most wholesome story i have read in a while. my goodness. this was so pure.

i think romance books have improved so much lately. its been quite wonderful to see romance stories with so much depth to them, beyond just two people in love/lust. not that the swoon-worthy parts arent great, but now i can actually say i read the books for the plot, and mean it. :P

what i really enjoyed about this book, specifically, was getting the opportunity to read from the perspective of
Chelsea Humphrey
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
This book was so easy to love; I can see why it's getting all the attention it so richly deserves. The Kiss Quotient is the perfect example of own voices that we desperately crave more of. The author is more than qualified to write this story, and I really appreciate how she accurately portrayed the characters and also how she included a deeper aspect of understanding what Stella's parents have journeyed through as well. Highly recommend the audio version as the narrator was engaging and pleasan ...more
Elyse Walters
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Update.. This is going to be a feature film!!!!
If you haven’t read this charming book yet...
consider it!!!!!

I’m completely mush over this debut.
Author Helen Hoang moved me to tears ...
( embarrassing to say how much)...

I found it so heartwarming- that even the word heartwarming isn’t big enough.
A love story .... that I loved!
Meredith
Jun 25, 2018 rated it liked it

To sum up my reading experience of The Kiss Quotient, I would have to say it’s like, not love.

I really wanted to love The Kiss Quotient. While I enjoyed it, I didn’t love it. I think the hype ruined it for me, as I had mighty high expectations going into this.

25-year-old econometrician Stella has autism; she’s high functioning but has trouble with social skills and intimacy, amongst other issues. Her mother wants grandbabies and pressures her to date. But Stella does not enjoy datin
Heather
4 1/2

f your looking for a romantic, sweet & very steamy (seriously this is definitely an ADULT book) please kick up #thekissquotient by @helenhoang
💋
💕
I fell in love with these characters and the plot and flew through
It in a day! So addicting! So romantic and swoonworthy!!
Also loved that our main character was autistic, we need more rep like that!

Would highly recommend!
⭐⭐⭐⭐ 1/2

Also again this is a very mature adult book so definitely a lot of adult times...if you catch my drift.

Huge thanks to
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
10 perfect stars!

Review & Excerpt at Of Pens and Pages.

All the things that make you different make you perfect.”

I am in love. The Kiss Quotient is a beautiful and realistic debut novel that breaks stereotypes, embraces uniqueness, and makes one think about their self-worth. It’s the kind of book that will make you smile, swoon, tear up, and think. I was on cloud nine when I finished it. It’s been a few days since I finished reading this book, and I’m still on a high! I haven’t read anythi
BernLuvsBooks (Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas)
The Kiss Quotient was heartwarming, charming and quite steamy!

Stella Lane was completely endearing. She is smart, driven and living with high-functioning Aspergers. She also has relationship and intimacy issues. How does one overcome those? With a master teacher of course. Enter Michael Phan. He is suave, sexually experienced and a male escort. Sound familiar? It definitely had a flipped Pretty Woman vibe and you know what - it totally worked!

Amidst their "lessons", Stella and Michael discover
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing

“I don't want just a night or a week or a month with you.
I want you all the time.

Story ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Asperger Syndrome
- a developmental disorder characterized by severely impaired social skills, repetitive behaviors, and often, a narrow set of interests, but not involving delayed development of linguistic and cognitive abilities

Readers often criticize that there isn’t enough representation of certain characters
April (Aprilius Maximus)
1.) The Kiss Quotient ★★★★★
2.) The Bride Test ★★★★

-----------------------------------------------

THIS WAS THE BEST. Michael reminded me SO MUCH of my husband and the romance was killer omg everyone go read this!
Navessa
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Navessa by: Dahlia
I devoured this in a single sitting. And it was fucking delicious.

For me, this book has everything going for it. It's dramatic, emotional, educational, complex, diverse, and hotter than sin.

This is an own voices romance with a female lead on the autism spectrum, and the entire plot setup revolves around her commitment to becoming better at sex. Because, for Stella, being touched by another human is a tricky, sometimes highly unenjoyable experience.

So what's a modern, successful, driven woman t
chan ☆
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
well i promised myself i wasn't going to 5 star this, but then the author's note at the end made me cry like a lil bitch

this book was so excellent. like the blurb says, it's about a woman with autism who hires a male escort to help her with her own perceived social ineptitude. but honestly it's just a perfectly romantic story about two people who just really get and accept everything about each other.

what did i like: almost everything but here's an actual list
- stella had a typically masculine j
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5+++++ STARS
I don’t want just a night or a week or a month with you. I want you all the time. I like you better than calculus, and math is the only thing that unites the universe.”

There's only one way to summarize my feelings for this book, and that's to tell you that it's an ABSOLUTE FREAKING MUST READ. The Kiss Quotient was quite possibly the most charming, addictingly satisfying romance I’ve read all year! It was everything. ALL OF THE THINGS. And I’m on cloud 9 after finishing it! I don
Natasha Polis
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is said to be heartwarming but it took awhile to get there for me. This was an exploration of an autistic women's sexual awakening. Eye opening for me, but still extremely steamy and just a good romance.

• A Duke by Default (Reluctant Royals, #2)
  • Pretty Face (London Celebrities, #2)
  • Hurts to Love You (Forbidden Hearts, #3)
  • The Chocolate Temptation (Amour et Chocolat, #6)
  • The First Time at Firelight Falls (Hellcat Canyon, #4)
  • Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating
  • Trade Me (Cyclone, #1)
  • Better At Weddings Than You (Chic Manila, #9)
  • Stealing Mr. Right (Penelope Blue, #1)
  • Running Barefoot
  • Luck of the Draw (Chance of a Lifetime #2)
  • Take the Lead (Dance Off, #1)
  • The Wedding Date
  • Beartown (Beartown, #1)
  • The Story Guy
Helen Hoang is that shy person who never talks. Until she does. And the worst things fly out of her mouth. She read her first romance novel in eighth grade and has been addicted ever since. In 2016, she was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder in line with what was previously known as Asperger’s Syndrome. Her journey inspired THE KISS QUOTIENT. She currently lives in San Diego, California with ...more

The Kiss Quotient (3 books)
  • The Bride Test (The Kiss Quotient, #2)
  • The Heart Principle (The Kiss Quotient, #3)
“If you can’t stand being with a woman who’s more successful than you, then leave her alone. She’s better off without you. If you actually love her, then know the value of that love and make it a promise. That is the only thing she needs from you.” 125 likes
“All the things that make you different make you perfect.” 105 likes