Start by marking “Survivor (Sweet Home Dixie # 2)” as Want to Read:
Survivor (Sweet Home Dixie # 2)

Survivor

(Sweet Home Dixie #2)

Can love heal all wounds,
or do some scars never fade?

After a tragic accident took everything from her, Avery is left broken, struggling to find her place in the world again. Now back home in Mason, Alabama, she goes through the motions, carrying on for the people who love her yet longing for the life she lost.

Her future seems bleak until Reid, a handsome mechanic and ladie
Kindle Edition, 1, 360 pages
Published November 7th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Survivor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Survivor

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I knew the author was going to bring me on an emotional journey before I started reading. I prepared myself for the obvious storyline of the book however I'm still coping with others.

Avery is a upcoming Nashville star when the unthinkable tragedy touches her life. With the help of her sister she's able to heal physically but still has emotional scars. With her guard down Reid strolls into her life.

Reid hasn't been lucky in love but that's about to change. He fits easily into Avery's lif
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
Everyone deserves love…

This was a stay up until three o’clock in the morning kind of read. With tissues, of course…

“Having to live with the aftermath, knowing what she’d lost, was hell enough.”

Avery was surviving. Trying to. Sort of…. Reid, with his gentle but persistent pushing, was going to challenge her to do more than that. To feel more. Both looked at love as something for other people, not feeling it was something they deserved. How could they both move forward? And would it be together?
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Sweet Home Dixie series gives one more heartfelt romance that has more than just romance. Its a journey of loss, pain, sorrow, deceit, betrayal, and then coming back to trust, accept, admire, and yes, love again. This was a second chance romance for two different people from two different perspectives. Avery's loss of her love was debilitating. She had to come back from the brink of bleak and begin to live again. She just was not prepared for Reid. Reid was a different kind of man than he began. ...more
Anne McNeely
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There is nothing like a snowy day to put me in the mood to curl up by the fire and make a return trip to Mason, Alabama. Like Kayla Marie’s debut novel, Survivor pulled at my heartstrings.

Reid's and Avery’s story comes to life beautifully. Both have experienced the kind of heartbreak that leaves permanent scars but Kayla Marie deftly takes her readers on a journey through pain and healing in such a beautiful way.

We’ve met Reid before – his character in Survivor is richly developed. At a crossroa
Erica
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Avery & Reid, two people touched by tragedy that changed their lives in measurable ways.
With pasts that broke them, changed them and made them different people than they once were, expectations changed and they both have learned to adapt.
For Avery that means being alone, undeserving of love and never allowing herself to experience the life most people dream of.
For Reid that means not emotional attachments to women, one night stands work just fine for him......until they dont.
Melissa
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This is book #2 in the Sweet Home Dixie series.  This is my first book by this author.  Avery is a survivor.  When Avery meets Reid, there is something there.  Something healing for the both of them.  Each has dealt with lose in a different way.

We are all survivors of something.  Whether it be from an accident, surgery, cancer, or a life changing event.  We all had to pick ourselves up and start fresh.  I also think we all have secrets that we do not want to share with those around us.  This b
Stina Andersen
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Survivor, book 2 in the A Sweet Home Dixie series by Kayla Marie. It's a standalone, so you don't have to read book 1 first. But it wouldn't hurt!
I loved the storyline, I thought Avery and Reid was well developed characters. I really liked this book!

Avery Gibson are back home, working behind a bar, and trying to find herself after losing everything in a tragic accident.
Reid Hudson, a ladies man, finds the redhead behind the bar alluring.
But can they trust each other? Is it lust, or is it someth
Rheannon Rundstrom
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great love story! Fell in love with Reid! Drawn in from the very beginning. Written well, kept me captivated. Quick great read.
Spunky N Sassy
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.5

~~~~~~~~~~Julie's ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Julie Jackson
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for SNS

Avery and Reid both no tragedy. They are both strong people but really the are just going through the motions of life and not really living. Reid has issues of trust and Avery sees a total bad boy full of trouble. When Reid charms his ways into her life, she really just wants him and a chance to live life in happiness. Can these two trouble souls find happiness or will they continue to be stuck in the past. Beautiful read. I loved the storyline and these two characters.
Sandra Lopez
Nov 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Reid has been the “love-em-and-leave-em” type ever since he realized that he was never going to have the real thing. Just as he was about to make another score for the night, he notices the new bartender and is intrigued by her. Where has he seen her before? And why does she seem so unaffected by his Southern charms?

When Avery decided to move back into her old town, she’d swore she’d never get close to anyone ever again. But then she runs into Reid, who makes her tingle in ways she’d never imag
Amy Shannon
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
A new story

The second in the series, but where "Mended" only introduced the readers to Reid, this one, takes his story to a whole new level. This is the kind of book you just want to curl up with and read, totally engrossed in the story. I like Kayla Marie's writing style, and it fits with the journey of falling in love. The characters truly grow within the story, and the author's writing makes you feel like you're right there in the middle of the story. It tugs on your heartstrings, but it's so
Denise Van plew
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is one that will pull every which way at the heart strings through the emotions. This is also the first time reading this author. It centers around Avery and Reid with them getting a chance at a different kind of second chance. That was a refreshing part of this along with loving the location. Both are intense in character that stand up. They will have a air of mystery that will weave in and out. You can do nothing else but follow them to see where it all goes.
Connie McElfresh
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-review
First off what a great cover for this book. I picked this book up and it has all the feels, you get the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. What a ride this book takes you on. Can a person change their ways once they are pegged to be a certain way? This is the second book in the series but can be read as a stand alone. I received this ARC for a fair and honest review.
Lisa
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!!! Definitely needs to be on your list of books to read!
Christina Andante
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Could not put this book down. Took some turns I was not expecting, tugged at the heart grabbing hold of the emotions.
Harriet Willis
Nov 13, 2017
Paula
Feb 13, 2018
Kayla Marie
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Diane
Lora
added it
Feb 04, 2018
Now Available for Pre-order 1 1 Sep 07, 2017 02:46PM

Sweet Home Dixie (2 books)
  • Mended (Sweet Home Dixie # 1)