Start by marking “No Time To Bleed: Austin Conrad Thriller #2” as Want to Read:
No Time To Bleed: Austin Conrad Thriller #2

No Time To Bleed: Austin Conrad Thriller #2

(Austin Conrad #1.5)

The notorious Rattlers motorcycle club didn’t have an official exit policy. So Austin Conrad wrote his own when he decided to get the hell out. Now he’s the target of the MC’s ruthless president, who’s hell-bent to silence Austin to keep his own dark secrets buried. Set along the back roads of southern California’s Mojave Desert, the story comes to its thrilling climax ...more
Published September 5th 2017

To ask other readers questions about No Time To Bleed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Time To Bleed

Start your review of No Time To Bleed: Austin Conrad Thriller #2
Jay Williams
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an exciting introduction to Austin Conrad. The action takes place in the middle of the Mohave Desert, which is described perfectly. The book opens with action and continues with thrill after thrill up to the very end. The characters are quite real and the interaction is astounding. Sharp uses a parsimony of words, but captures the scenery and the violence very well. The book is short, and I immediately re-read it to enjoy more of the flavor. I will read more about Austin Conrad because I ...more
Joshua Gayou
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Every so often, a new writer breaks out onto the scene that causes you to wonder: where the hell has this guy been, anyway? Dusty Sharp appears to be one of these.

He’s recently published a new novella, No Time To Bleed, as a prelude to a series of books featuring protagonist Austin Conrad, a salty old vet turned biker, who must navigate his way through a barrage of gunfire and unfortunate events, some of which were arguably self-inflicted.

This is a quick little read, both due to the length of
Rosemary
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No Time to Bleed - a review by Rosemary Kenny

Ex-Green Beret and now ex-Rattler, Austin Conrad's could easily be a long-lost cousin of Lee Child's Jack Reacher - both are physically large, tall and both have an instinctive drive to help out the underdogs and restore justice by any means necessary in a very similar manner, in Dusty Sharp's Book 2 of his Austin Conrad Thriller series.

When Austin's former biker gang boss, Tillman, starts trading in sex slaves from South America, Austin's loyalty to
Ronald Keeler
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
No Time To Bleed by Dusty Sharp is a biker revenge story. It is all action with very little of what could be called depth. For action fans, this is good. The action scenes are real. And there are motorcycles as a bonus.

Austin Conrad was a perpetual rebel. As a child, he had been raised by his father Wayne who had turned to the life of a biker on the road in a gang known as the Rattlers when he had returned from Vietnam. It was almost natural that Austin would enter the Army. After a few combat
Robert Browning
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have just finished reading this brilliant novella introducing Austin Conrad who is a ex army with all the skills and brains to match. I read this in one go today as it was that good.
He has just left and walked out on a biker gang and while on Route 66 at Ambay comes face to face with some heavy dudes who have been sent by the gangs leader to teach him a lesson and kill him His special skills and good friend an old man called Gene stand alone against the odds for survival This is an all action
Janet Graham
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Running From The Rattlers MC
This novella is a continuation of the Austin Conrad Series. This is actually a serial. Each book is its own episode, complete but leading into the next. Each story could stand alone, but there is no 'final ending' in this book. The story is violent and very graphic. Rated R for Violence and Language. I would call it a 'guy' story. The warfare comes across as real. I liked that our hero is a middle aged, less than prime, former special forces guy. There is none of the
M.T. Bostick
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I decided to read this book I didn't know what I was in for. It sounded interesting, but wasn't the normal type of book I liked to read. Any way, I decided to give this a shot and boy was I surprised. I could hardly put this book down. The book opens up with action and ends with action and in between there's tons of action. Basically this book will satiate those who like reading action filled books.

Though this is a guy's kind of book, if you're female and love action. Read this book.

I
Paul Reichman
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a book I was very impressed by the depth of character the the twists and turns of the plot and the protagonists ability to consistently surprise me with his behaviors in actions.
I was looking for a lot of excitement violence and drugs and drinking and and wasn't disappointed.
But there was a lot more to this story I don't want to throw any spoilers out there but I recommend that you grab a copy and prepare to the excited and on the edge of your seat
Thomas J Eyre
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
No Time to Bleed is dark and brooding story that leaves many questions unanswered and me wanting to read more.

Dusty's descriptions of the angle culture, fight scenes and weapons, points to either a dark past or some very good research. Either way, it is a well written story, with a good hook which appealed directly to me, being a former member of the Poole chapter of the Black Widows.

Awesome and worth every one of the 5 stars I gave it.
C.
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you like action, revenge, a quick witted hero/bad guy, this is the book for you. When I say revenge I mean blood and gore so if you're a wuss about that sort of thing this might not be for you. If you love semi-good triumph over evil, go for it. Loved the character but especially how the author gave you as much background as he did in a novella. It left me wanting more. I need to see this one through to the end.
Tom E.
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Rough and rugged story, with a "dark" hero, admittedly more in the "grey than the black and white" of life.
Sometimes our choices come back to us in dangerous ways.
Austin Conrad is my kind of hero. I'm ready for more!
Christopher Armani
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable read. Loved the setting and the author's dedication to showing the reader these forgotten towns.
Vincent Phan
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great start to a series!

This was an excellent quick read. I can't wait for the future adventures of Austin. I would definitely refer my friends.
Joan Barstad
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Action packed..and then some.

I really liked this one. And it is a perfect length.

This book gets a nod in the right direction from me.
Patrice Leonard
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hell, yes!!! Bring on the rest of this series!!!
Loved it!
Patty
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a fast, short, exciting read. Austin leaves the motorcycle club he has belonged to for many years. Well, you don't walk away, you leave by dying. On his way to Las Vegas he is ambushed by four members of another chapter of the club. This story has violence, blood, murder, friends, and motorcycles. Looking forward to reading more in this series.
Teresa Collins
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed the story of Austin Conrad and his troubles with his motorcycle club brothers. There is plenty of action, good character development with people you feel you could know and relate to (not that I know a lot of bikers, but you know what I mean). I only had 2 issues with the book-all the profanity, but I had been warned in the blurb so I can't really complain about that and the fact that it just ended. Luckily I have already purchased No Time to Bleed, Book 2 or I would really ...more
gordon k class
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love the detailed writing with suspense and action. This has a very interesting historical setting. Made think about taking a trip thru the Mojave desert.
Mary Grady
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Action-packed!

I took a chance on this book. Not my usual read but I wanted some action! I got it! Can't wait for the next one!
Joan
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
This little novela/short story (less than a one-hour read) is way out of my usual guidelines. It was one of thirty-something freebie titles I downloaded en masse. I started to just skip it, but decided to read a few pages and see if it was better than it sounded. It was. It is crude and violent, but still a pretty interesting and reasonable well-written story.
Kathy Ford
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the book it pulled me right in where I felt I was there with Austin, on his Harley riding, fighting. Loved the foot notes too.
Frank Geimer
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a good novella about finding the line in the sand that you just won't cross. The consequences will keep you on the edge of your seat as you feel the grit and pain.
Ralph Phares
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Some People Just Can't Let Go

When Austin Conrad says he wants out the motorcycle club needs to just let it go. But some folks just can't let be. Tillman, the leader of the motorcycle club seems set on destroying Austin and Austin is just as determined to stay out. This book shows how determined each side is and they are both deadly serious. The action is fast placed enough to be a good read but not overly long. I loved each of the character's personna and how detailed they are without being
Bill
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Short story .
Austin Conrad turns in his colors and rides away from the Rattlers Motorcycle Club.
But the rattlers send 4 men to kill Austin.
Austin and his friend Gene defend themselves and call a truce with the Rattlers.
But neither Austin nor the rattlers intend to keep the peace.
Mimi Davis Hopkins
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short But Powerful

This is absolutely a very entertaining and enjoyable short story. Great characters, with a interesting plot with a nice even flow.
Rita
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was the second novella by Dusty Sharp that I read. I liked it even better than "Blood Brothers".
There was more action and adventure. I could "see" Austin Conrad ride a motorcycle and be followed by
motorcycles - and fight.
I could not stop reading until I reached the end of the story.
I received a free copy and wrote an honest review.
Kelly
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received the audiobook free in exchange for an honest review.

I've never read/listened to Dusty Sharp's books before. This seems like it's a shorter story set in a larger series of books. You don't need to know anything about the other books in order to enjoy this book.

Austin is ex-military, and ex Motor Cycle Club member. This story is basically the story of him getting out of the motorcycle club. Very entertaining and interesting listen.

Dan Gallagher had a good voice for this narration. I'm
Linda Hine
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wait it can’t be over....I want more
Excellent well written story,with descriptive story telling. You get swept away and believe you are on the journey with Austin. Read it in 1 sitting and can’t hardly wait to see what happens next. Interesting summary at the end of the book describing the setting for the story,and the actual places that inspired the Story.
Kerry Dillenburg
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nonstop action with realistic dialogue. Highly entertaining.
Dorothy
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story! Austin Conrad is someone you would want on your side. This story has a lot of action and bad guys. Everything you like in an adventure book.

I recommend this book to everyone and Dusty Sharp is an author to watch.
Goodreads Reviewe...: Seeking Reviews for Action/Crime/Thriller Novella 1 6 Sep 28, 2017 04:08PM

• The Last Man to Murder (Jack Reacher Cases #4)
  • Innocent (Pen Pals and Serial Killers #5)
  • Alter
  • The Ninth District (FBI Thriller #1)
  • Deadly Games (A Cavendish & Walker Novel, #1)
  • A Killing Truth (Leine Basso Thrillers, #0.5)
  • Tokyo Black (Thomas Caine #1)
  • Fatal Exchange (Fatal #1)
  • Shadow Agenda
  • Twice Removed (FBI Thriller #2)
  • Genesis
  • The Trigger (Agent Dallas Thriller, #1)
  • A Spy Came Home (Mac Ambrose, #1)
  • Ash (Asher Benson #1)
  • Rose City Free Fall (Dent Miller Thriller #1)
  • Abducted (Red Heeled Rebels #2)
  • Shame ON You (Redemption Thriller #16; Ozzie Novak Thriller #4)
  • Deadly Evidence (Jessie Black Legal Thrillers, #3)
Dusty Sharp lives in Southern California with his wife, Stephanie, and four English Mastiffs. He enjoys exploring the back-country of the desert southwest and tinkering on old Ford Broncos. Dusty enjoys good cigars, better food, and great beer. He has had a lifelong interest in the history of California and the west, and is a proud brother of E Clampus Vitus. His professional background is in ...more

Austin Conrad (2 books)