Start by marking “Captivated by Him” as Want to Read:
Captivated by Him

Captivated by Him

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  233 Ratings  ·  66 Reviews
From USA Today bestselling author Terri E. Laine comes a new standalone romance about an imperfect hero and the woman he can't let go.

Fate plays matchmaker with my heart by repeatedly putting Gavin Volk in my path. Our mutually insane attraction is instant, captivating me from the first time we meet.

The wickedly gorgeous guy knows how to set my body on fire with just one
Published December 5th 2017

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐! Captivated by Him (stand-alone). An against-all-odds romance with danger, secrets, suspense & a non-committal hero!

“Relax, it’s just the head.”
I gasped in shock. He was huge…”

Captivated by Him (stand-alone) is an impossible romance between college students Gavin Volk and Megan Stevens, Angel. It is love-hate at first sight, the sexual sparks flying.

Their intense connection will be an on-again-off-again slow-brewing romance complicated by secrets, lies, heartache, sacrifice and d
Rebecca Woodward
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
The storyline was not what I expected. It was better!! Gavin is hot and he knows it but when he sees Megan for the first time he was enthralled by her sassiness. Megan knows his type a playboy who can get anyone he wants. A dark handsome mysterious badboy. The banter between these two are intense. The ending was mind blowing! The secrets come to light and bam! The author gives us a complete twist to each character. Five stars!!
Dilek VT
Dec 04, 2017 marked it as maybe
Covergasm!!!!

Where do they grow such hot guys? Tell me the country... I wanna reborn there!

I need more reviews to decide to read this book. I need to learn if the content is as good as the cover :)))
Tania's Book Blog
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my I loved these two!!!! Gavin and Megan are the real deal. The back and forth and the pull between these two will have you not wanting to put this book down. What makes it even better is that nothing was rushed between these two. Trust me it takes forever for Gavin to convince Megan on lots of things and that’s why she’s one of my favorite heroines. And he’s just yummy.

This book is a stand-alone but in order to get a feel for some of the things going in you’ll have to read Because of Him whi
Wit & Wonder Books
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**

Combustible connection. Magnitude of push and pull between two characters that you will feel heavily invested in by the time the epilogue rolls around. Terri E. Laine is a USA Today bestselling author and with Captivated By Him, she proves once again why that is.

You don’t need to read Because of Him before hand, however, within that story you will first encounter Gavin and Megan and see the beginnings of their relationship take off.

A
A.M. Hargrove
5 Captivating Stars

A Five Star Read! Emotional and Intriguing! Captivated By Him takes you on a ride and has you turning each page begging for more from the very start. Gavin and Megan are a couple filled with conflict— each for their own reasons. I fell in love with Gavin from the start and knew he’d be my hero by the end. This book has a great twist that took me by surprise which even gave me more reason to love it. If you like romantic suspense with well developed characters and a plot that w
Cindy M. Green
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
If there is one thing that Terri E. Laine can do, it’s capture your heart and your attention. With that said, the title of this book could not be more perfect. You will be Captivated by Him; Gavin will get under your skin in the best of ways and be in your heart for good. **Please note you don’t have to read Because of Him to follow Megan and Gavin’s story here, but I recommend you do because that is where you will meet this fabulous couple.**

I absolutely adored Gavin’s character, he basically s
Sejla
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow!!! I'm speechless. What an intriguing and touching story this was. I couldn't put it down for the life of me. In fact I stayed up until 2 am to finish Captivated By Him and it took me at least an hour to fall asleep because my heart and mind couldn't let go of this amazing story and the characters. After reading a couple of books from Terri E. Laine I should have expected the unexpected. But I honestly got carried away and never saw the jaw dropping moment coming. I love it when an author st ...more
Vanessa (nessreads)
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
*ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review*

4.5 "Angel" Stars

Ever since Gavin and Megan were introduced in Because of Him I NEEDED to know more of their story. The little tidbits that were given about them wasn't enough. I was so intrigued to know more. And I was to ecstatic when I learned that they were getting their own book! Captivated by Him answered so many questions I had. And I was quite surprised at some revelations. And it was exactly what I had hoped for.

Megan surprised me. I
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ I like

This book and me - we are a strange pair.

Honstestly it had everything that a book should have to make me love it and yet we did not work out.

You ever went late to a party ? Entering a place when everybody is already drunk and everything is in full swing. And you were desperatly trying to catch up only hearing the ends of discussions and not getting their points ?

Yeah well that was what it felt like to read this book for me. I am not sure ( I would need to check) if this is a series - the book i
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
I received a complimentary copy of this book through Crazy Cajun Book Addict for an honest review.

A great read from this fabulous author. I loved Gavin and Megan's story. The push and pull of their relationship totally pulled me in and i just going put the book down. This book can be read as a standalone but I would highly recommend that you read Because of Him first as the stories do intertwine.

Gavin has secrets, his dad made devastating choices years ago which he and Gavin are still paying fo
Jamie
Hmm...
This was okay. I liked the twist, once I understood correctly. But I didn't connect with any of the characters. While push and pull usually works for me, here it didn't.
Perhaps it's because I'm sick and generally feeling crabby. 😞
✿Penny
2.5 Stars

The first 80% of the book was rather boring, basically he pushed her away, he told her he liked her but couldn't be with her, they argued, girls flirted with him, he pushed her away, he did some jobs for the "family", guys flirted with her, he pushed her away but wouldn't leave her alone, they kissed and then argued some more, he told her he wasn't good enough for her, they almost had sex, her ex showed up a few times and caused problems, he got jealous... I think that was pretty much i
* A review copy was provided by the author for the Blog Tour *

~ 4 My Forever and Always Stars ~

Hmmmm…..I don’t know how to really review this book. My mind is all over the place after reading this story.

I guess this review is going to be more about my feelings while reading the book and not so much about the storyline. Because like with Because Of Him, I can’t say much about the story without it being spoilers.

I have to say I enjoyed this book, but I think I liked Because Of Him more. This bo
Kingston Westmoreland **Unbound Book Reviews**
This book had so many twists and turns my head was spinning. Even though it can be read as a stand-alone it perfectly compliments Because Of Him where I first met Gavin and Megan. The characters from Because of Him make appearances in this book as well. As the story unfolded it became obvious that the timeline from both books intertwined. I almost feel like I need to re-read both books to close the loop and complete the puzzle. The author cleverly weaves the story and I thought I had it all figu ...more
Rhonda Ziglar
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 STARS FOR THIS CAPTIVATING STORY!! This is a heartfelt story that will hold your attention all the way through. I love seeing Gavin and Megan's story play out, it pulled at my heartstrings and hit all my emotion buttons. These two had struggles, but could not stay away from each other. This book will also keep you on the edge of your seat with all the suspense. Terri E. Laine is one of my favorite authors and always a 1- Click for me. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this b ...more
Aurora (Whoo Gives A Hoot)
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
I generously received this ARC from Social Butterfly PR in exchange for an honest review...

OMFG! Ever since devouring Because of Him back in September I have been "dying" to get my hands on Gavin and Megan's story so you can imagine how thrilled I was when I discovered that Captivated by Him was set to release in December. Immediately I knew that this story was going to captivate me. Lets just say that the story certainly did that and so much
Zilpha Owens
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Gavin Volk is torn. He has to make a decision between love or loneliness. Circumstances are beyond his control. Megan Stevens is a happy girl and about to graduate from college. Their attraction is undeniable, chemistry hot. But there are definitely things that could keep them apart. Smooth transitions between past and present, the storyline will keep you on your toes and turning the pages. The story gives the reader a little bit of everything and does it well – romance, suspense, second chances ...more
Simona Misevska
DNF
I really don't want to DNF this book just because the cover,i mean look at that face.But i couldn't finished.First it's New Adult genre,they are in college and NA it's not my fav genre to read.Second i didn't feel the chemistry between H and h,and third our h,Megan was getting on my nerves along with her friend.And after so many opening the book and then after reading one page closing,that is my clue that this book is not for me.
taveena kade
Dec 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Not bad...not bad at all
Kelly - Words We Love By
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
OMG Gavin is AMAZING! Run don't walk and grab this book! If you thought you loved Tade you will adore Gavin. The Gavin & Megan couple is a shocking story of struggle, love and true devotion! ♡ Terri E. Laine has a way of writing that keeps you on the edge of your seat until the very last word. Can't wait to see what she has in store for us next!
MammieBabbie
A thrilling and enthralling romance of monumental proportions...

I feel like I've waited so freaking long for Captivated By Him. Technically, it's not been that long in the grand scale of things. However, after Because Of Him anything more than the time it would take me to change books on my kindle would be too long. Every book of Terri's that I go into always surprises me. I go in expecting one thing and... Every one of her books surpasses my expectations, however, Because of Him—that book did t
Cee Cee Houston
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Captivated by Him is a standalone, but also connected follow on to Because Of Him. You don’t need to have read the first book but it would be better for this story if you did. Gavin and Megan were secondary characters in Because Of Him, but here we get to see how their relationship began and worked.
As in the previous book, there’s a lot happening between these pages, it’s almost as if two separate but interconnected tales are being told at the same time.
From their first meeting in a bar it’s cle
 •Cici• Theory of A Dreamer Book Blog♥

4 Angel Stars!!

Having read Ms.Laine's work many times before I couldn't wait to dive into this one!! After having read Because of Him it made me look even more forward to starting it. I really enjoyed this action packed novel!! It hooked me from prologue to the very end. It kept me on the edge of my seat in suspense throughout!! There were so many twists and turns that were so very jaw dropping. Secrets, Lies, Pain, Attraction, Friendship, Danger, and Hearts collide in Captivated by Him!! (:

Ga
Sara Koelsch
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have been completely thrilled about this book since I finished the last word of Because of Him. I just love these two couples. Life isn’t easy but they don’t give up. Now, Gavin, Gavin isn’t as simple as he seems. Gavin and Megan had instant chemistry and they were like two magnets, being pulled strongly together. Yet, Gavin wouldn’t give in to his feelings. He struggled with feeling good enough for Megan and that showed me that he truly was, he cared, maybe a bit too much!

I loved this slow ty
Dana L Stusse
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy "Sugar Honey Iced Tea", Terri hit this one out of the park.

'Captivated by Him' takes place during the same time period that 'Because of Him' does, so the characters you met in the 1st book (can be read as a standalone) are already known to you as the reader. Personally, I respond favorably to characters I've already grown attached to in previous books so this set the scene without providing any of the details that are unveiled about Gavin and Megan.

Gavin is a tortured young man, brilliant a
Cindy
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Terri E. Laine has done it again!! Captivated by Him kept me captivated from start to finish. I DEVOUR everything she writes it seems!

I absolutely LOVED Gavin’s character. He definitely stole my heart. My heart broke for the life he was forced to live, yet he kept on. And he was always making sure his father was protected. Gavin is such a good hearted guy, he's loyal, smart, funny, sexy, and oh so swoony!!!
What happens when he meets his match with Megan?

Megan, I ADORED her character!! She does
Suzanne Radcliffe
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Captivated By Him is about Gavin and Megan. We met them in Because Of Him - Gavin is Tade’s friend and Megan is Regan’s friend. All are attending the same college. Though you don’t have to read Because Of Him, I would recommend it so you have a good take on the backgrounds of the characters and the storyline. Though both books are standalones, the stories and characters are intertwined. This book is told in both POV’s, with some chapters going into the past.

I was very intrigued with the beginnin
Christine Frieseke-Miller
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another book that completely held me spell bound through the whole book! We met Megan and Gavin in Because of Him, but this is their story. This incredible slow burn story of Megan and Gavin's was full of secrets and trying to shield loved ones from those secrets. Gavin didn't think he'd ever have normal and having someone like Megan was not something he could even think about. Megan was in love with Gavin early on, but she wanted more than he was willing to give and wouldn't take anything less ...more
Courtney  Hagel-Swinson
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Because of Him so I was super excited for Gavin and Megan’s story. Terri did not disappoint and that couldn’t have been easy because she hit it out of the ballpark with BOH. We met Megan and Gavin during BOH and we were given just enough details to know that something was going on between them. Part of Captivated by Him runs concurrently with BOH so we finally got to see what was going on behind the scenes between Megan and Gavin. Omg, talk about sexual tension!! The chemistry ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Terri E. Laine, USA Today bestselling author, left a lucrative career as a CPA to pursue her love for writing. Outside of her roles as a wife and mother of three, she’s always been a dreamer and as such became an avid reader at a young age.

Many years later, she got a crazy idea to write a novel and set out to try to publish it. With over a dozen titles published under various pen names, the rest
More about Terri E. Laine

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)