Start by marking “An Informal Affair (Informal Romance, #5)” as Want to Read:
An Informal Affair (Informal Romance, #5)

An Informal Affair

(Informal Romance #5)

Online dating was supposed to make life easier.

Lia Promise is a nurse who enjoys the fast pace of the ER. Why, then, is her love life moving at a snail’s pace? She decides to take matters into her own hands with online dating. That ought to speed things up, right?

Maverick Hoyt is the hospital’s IT guru and all-around ordinary guy…for the most part. When his long-time
Published September 4th 2017 by Ladybug Lit

To ask other readers questions about An Informal Affair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Informal Affair

Start your review of An Informal Affair (Informal Romance, #5)
Ru4repeat
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-club
Love right in front of you

There is love right in front of you. Right now it's this book, within the pages of this novel it's the main characters.
I enjoyed the friendship between Lia and Maverick from the get-go. It was very entertaining to see the romance play out and their feelings shift from the "friend zone" to wanting more.
I can't believe I didn't catch the nicknames earlier! Very clever.
On a steaminess level I would rate this a pleasant PG!
This read is definitely worthy of a repeat!
Beth Erin
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I purchased this story as part of the Love at First Laugh novella collection. I have a soft spot for friends to romance stories so this one is right up my alley. This story is funny, heartfelt, and top notch!
Becky Smith
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this in the Love at First Laugh set. This author’s stories are so delightful and always make me laugh! Lines like: “Short of going around & kissing random frogs, she never would have found anyone to date.” But like her other stories, the author also deals with some deep questions like: “Why, when we know Jesus is enough, do we continue to seek more?” and “Does our desire for something more push us closer to Him or further away?” But my favorite line is: “She was loved by the One who ...more
Wilani Wahl
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a unique twist to a romance story. I loved this so much and fell in love with Maverick and Lia. So glad they got things figured out. Loved all the twists and turns and tales of the very bad dates. I also loved the Inspirational thread. This was such an enjoyable book.
Ellie
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2019
I really enjoyed this book! It was comical, realistic, and had a good spiritual message. I so enjoyed reading about Lia and Maverick's on-line dating escapades. I laughed out loud several times while reading this book. I also enjoyed watching Maverick and then Lia realize that they were right for each other. I wanted to point this out to them the first time there was a scene of them having lunch. There was also a small bit of suspense woven into the story which was a nice subplot.

Lia was
Ashley
Best friends Lia and Maverick decide to try out online dating after she suggests it and he dares them to see who has the absolute worst date. And let me say, they both had quite a few absolutely terrible ones! The friendship between Maverick and Lia was really sweet. They're perfect for each other, if only they realized that! There's also a little mystery going on with the ER's network servers that was quite intriguing. Lia deals with some very real body issues that were easy to relate to. I ...more
Amy
Sep 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Lia and Maverick bemoan the shrinking size of their church's single's group, so they branch out to other online singles groups including Holy Heart's Matchmaking. Maverick and Lia work at the same hospital and have known each other their whole lives. They meet every Sunday to bemoan their terrible blind dates from the last week.
Lia has fought anorexia all her life, but finally has found her perfect and peace-filled answer in Christ alone after years of this affliction.
Will Lei and Maverick
Pris
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, kindle
An Informal Affair is just the book I needed! I loved, loved, loved it and it certainly pulled me in right away. Best part? It never let me go, meaning it never had a dull moment I really liked the chemistry between Lia and Maverick, and I enjoyed following their path to realizing they had feelings for one another. Never a dull moment with these two. Highly recommended! And it's Clean and Wholesome ...more
Joyful
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This Inspiritional romance is a fun read with all the twist and turns. Best friends try internet dating sites and then talk together of their bad dates. Will they ever realize and accept God’s plan for their lives?

I receive complimentary books for review from publishers, publicists, and/or authors. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.
Linda Rainey
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious Romance

I loved this hilarious romance.The mouse story was one for the books.
My husband I were rolling in the floor. My poor husband thought I was having a medical emergency because I was laughing so hard.
I loved the storyline and the engaging characters.
This book is recommended for those that love Christian romance.
Linda Carter
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Christian romance stories

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes good clean romance stories. It is the fifth book in a series and the characters from previous books may appear briefly.
Paula
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a really good friends to forever book. I liked both Lia and Maverick. Loved their friendship and how they wanted the best for each other. The online dating and who their dates were was one of the best scenes I have ever read!!! Highly recommend.
Ellen White
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
One has to give them credit for continuing with on line dating, did give them something to talk and laugh about. Sometimes as in this case closer than what they thought. Marriage proposal before first date that sounds good
Cute story to enjoy
Bibliophile
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun!

The best kind of relationship! When someone decides to try online dating, what's a best friend to do but try it too. Lots of funny date stories. A little intrigue--still curious about where that will lead. And a friendship that becomes so much more.
Jerrod Tune
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So much fun

I love fun storied of best friends that fall in love with each other. This book did not disappoint and I laughed out loud more than once.
Rubell
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Adorable

Sweet and fun with just enough drama to keep it from being boring. Though I was kinda screaming at them in my head to just realise that they fricking loved each other....
MOM AMOS
Jul 29, 2018
Christie Johnson
Jul 21, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Taming the Cowboy (Family Ties, #3)
  • The Cowboy's Return (Family Ties, #4)
  • A Cowboy's Reunion (Family Ties, #1)
  • The Number of Love (The Codebreakers, #1)
  • Called to Protect (Blue Justice, #2)
  • Code of Valor (Blue Justice, #3)
  • A Defense of Honor (Haven Manor, #1)
  • Vow of Justice (Blue Justice, #4)
  • Bookishly Ever After (Book Nerds and Boyfriends Collection #1)
  • All Made Up
  • Marrying a Billionaire (A Fake Marriage #3)
  • Tangled in Time (Miss Main Street #1)
  • Oath of Honor (Blue Justice, #1)
  • At Home in Wishing Bridge (Wishing Bridge #2)
  • The Tough Love Groom (Texas Titan Romances)
  • Make-Believe Fiancé
  • Living Lies (Harbored Secrets #1)
  • False Security
Heather loves coffee, God, her family, and laughter – not necessarily in that order! She writes approachable characters who, through the highs and lows of life, find a way to love God, embrace each day, and laugh out loud right along with her. And, yeah, her books almost always have someone who's a coffee addict. Some things just can't be helped.

Despite being born into different eras, Heather's

Informal Romance (5 books)
  • An Informal Christmas (Informal Romance, #1)
  • An Informal Arrangement (Informal Romance, #2)
  • An Informal Introduction (Informal Romance, #3)
  • An Informal Date (Informal Romance #4)