Start by marking “Heart's Desire” as Want to Read:
Heart's Desire

Heart's Desire

A romantic comedy set in the south, Heart’s Desire shows what can happen when God is allowed to take the lead.

When Aiden Weaver allows the Couples Committee to pick his date to the New Year’s Eve ball, he promises himself it will only be a one-time deal. After one failed marriage, he isn’t interested in another long-term commitment. His resolve starts to crumble when he m
Published November 1st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Heart's Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart's Desire

Start your review of Heart's Desire
Rebecca
Dec 20, 2017 rated it liked it
"As Aunt Ginger once said,'You can't get close to God with bitterness wedged in between you and Him'."

Aiden Weaver has settled into life as a single dad, raising his two young daughters while juggling his job as a car salesman at Weaver Dodge in his small South Carolina town. When finagled into purchasing tickets for the Shiloh New Year's Eve Ball, he never expected to meet the very woman whom one of his customers had already hinted would be a good match.

Bailey Foster has never had good luck w
E
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Sweet, funny, romantic, but not full of meaningless fluff. I smiled, snickered, and sniffed my way thru Hearts Desire, but I loved every page. I want to read it again.
Sarah Monzon
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Boy! I'm from the South but if I had a mama like Jaime I think I just might have to move to the other side of the country! Bailey was a saint for putting up with her and her shenanigans and then getting called out for disrespect! Haha okay, that wasn't even what this books was about but I had to get it off my chest. :) On the same vein, however, there were times I wanted to slap the characters, but that just makes them real, right (because real people do stupid things too and you want to shake t ...more
Lucette Nel
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first contemporary novel I've read by Ms Boyd. The story is well written, the characters believable and realistic. Overall I enjoyed it!
Toni Shiloh
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I always enjoy reading Andrea Boyd. She has a way of making you cheer for the good guy and cheerfully hating the bad. Heart's Desire is a sweet holiday book and one that will warm your heart.
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
Andrea Boyd
Sep 06, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
There were parts of this book that had me laughing out loud even after reading it for the hundredth time. I know, not everyone has my same sense of humor, but my hope is that you'll at least get a few grins out of reading it.
Happy Reading!
Phyllis
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, romance
Heart's Desire was another book that stood out favorably to me in its overall appearance.  I don't judge books by this, but do certainly take note when the author appears to have gone to extra trouble with the formatting.  The dividers between non-chapter divisions were large enough graphics to be distinguishable and the author was not afraid of using space to allow you to know that the next section was to be set apart from the previous one.  Well done, Andrea Boyd.  :-)

Aiden was the
Linda Fore
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Aiden is raising two little girls after his wife abandoned them all. Bailey is trying to put her life back together after her husband decided he loved someone else. All she ever wanted was someone to love and a family to take care of. Jamie, Bailey’s meddling mother, is determined to find a husband for Bailey because no woman is complete without one.
Can Bailey overcome her struggles with trusting a man after her husband left and a subsequent boyfriend was later found to be a married man? Can Ai
Bhriv
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Heart's Desire, written by Andrea Boyd, is the first contemporary romance I've read by this author.
This is an excellent book to encourage forgiveness in our lives. Both Bailey and Aiden needed to learn what true forgiveness is about and through great struggles both characters were able to learn that forgiveness is not about the act of doing it for others, but the act of doing it to heal your own self.
I struggled with liking Bailey sometimes as she came across as a bit weak, although it wa
Paula Marie
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love reading southern romances as I now live in the south! This one is terrific! Bailey's mom, Jamie is a real piece of work, and Bailey handles the situations beautifully, with love and forgiveness. I wish I had read this years ago, I learned a lot from her!
The love story is one I will never forget, through past pains and struggles these two individuals come together and find a way to forgive their past and move toward!
Dana A Smith
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story is about family and love and the ups and down of both. A good story that will make you laugh and cry. If you are looking for a good and entertaining read this is it. Also has a great storyline about forgiveness that hit very close to my home. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and am looking forward to my daughter reading it so then I can say "see I'm not so bad".
Peggy
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read

I rely enjoyed this book. This is my first this author. It was easy to get into, tells a great story, and she followed through on the plots and storylines. I really appreciated her use of the Scripture throughout. Will look for more of her work.
Nicki
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bailey & Aiden are two very lost souls with much baggage. Heart’s Desire is the story of how they deal (sometimes badly) with all that baggage and manage to come out whole on the other side. The surprise at the end had me laughing out loud too!

I received this book as a gift from the author.
Melissa Henderson
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am reading more stories from Andrea Boyd. Very enjoyable. I received a complimentary copy of this book. No review was required.
Lauri Gentry
Mar 19, 2018 rated it liked it
A light and romantic fluff to start the year. Somewhat predictable yet contains a good message.
Kimberly
Jeanette
Dec 28, 2017
Lindis
Nov 20, 2017

• A Love So Real  (New Hope Falls #1)
  • Now and Then and Always (Maple Valley #1)
  • Falling for You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #2)
  • Chicken Scratch (The Sisters, Texas #1)
  • When the Stars Fall (The Sisters, Texas #2)
  • Home Again: Starting Over (The Sisters, Texas #4)
  • Stipulations and Complications (The Sisters, Texas #3)
  • Genny's Ballad (The Sisters, Texas Mystery Series, Book 5)
  • Cream Puff Murder (Seagrass Sweets Mystery #1)
  • Christmas in the Sisters (Sisters, Texas Series Book 6)
  • THE MONEY CLUB (HIGH DESERT #9)
  • COUGAR TROUBLE (TRINITY FALLS #2)
  • Muffins & Murder (A Sweet Bites Mystery, #3)
  • The Cupcake Dilemma (Rock Creek #3)
  • Devine Decisions: (Divine Christian Cozy Mysteries #4)
  • Christmas at Wynter House (Wyntersleap series Book 1)
  • Fudgy Fatality: A Pumpkin Hollow Mystery, book 10
  • Books and Bodies (Calgon Chronicles Book 2)
Note: If you are a reviewer who would like a free eBook copy of Securing Aisling, just ask for it! If you have a website and would like to give away an eBook copy of Securing Aisling, just ask for it!
I am just getting started and I'm really flying by the seat of my pants here, so if you have any ideas of how I can promote my book, feel free to contact me. Any help is appreciated.