Start by marking “Going Overboard (Anchor Point, #5)” as Want to Read:
Going Overboard (Anchor Point, #5)

Going Overboard

(Anchor Point #5)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  233 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
Second-class petty officers Dalton Taylor and Chris Ingram have been best friends since coxswain’s school. Now they’re stationed together in the harbor patrol unit of NAS Adams. They’re content as friends, but secretly, they both ache for more. Neither makes a move, though; while Dalton is out and proud, Chris is closeted—even from his best friend.

Then another coxswain’s n
Published February 5th 2018 by Riptide Publishing (first published February 3rd 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Going Overboard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Going Overboard

Ele
Sep 06, 2017 rated it liked it
-2.5 stars-

I'm totally the minority with this one so feel free to ignore me. The Anchor Point series is a mixed bag for me. I absolutely loved the first book, and the others were hit or miss. Going Overboard was sadly a miss.

In a few words, the military storyline was very well thought and perfectly executed, but the romance felt choppy and seriously lacking any depth.

Witt is always on point about the military stuff. The details of Dalton's accident and the wheels that were set in motion, the ran
L.A. Witt
Sep 06, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
February 2018.
Truuss
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, m-m
After Dalton almost drowned by a stupid 'accident' on board, Chris knows his feelings are only getting stronger. Only no one can know. Homophobic colleagues and superiors make this impossible.

A lot of story, and I just wanted Dalton and Chris being together. At 40% they finally made a move... a kiss. And they end up in bed together and have a steamy sexy night...and after that...the heat is on!!
But sadly they have to keep their relationship on the down-low

An extended story... a lot going on betw
Alex
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: military
First, I need to say that I could NEVER have been in the military.
Well, obviously, for more than one reason that are completely irrelevant here... But that Lasby guy... Yeah. I would have told him to fuck off and some and then been fired on day 3...

I was raging to my kindle during all my reading against that Chief Lasby! God. I love a good vilain!!

description

Best Friends to Lovers doesn't always work for me because... Well, I'm not really sure why.
But here, Dalton and Chris were so adorable. We could fee
Natalie
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
The plot of this book felt more serious than previous stories have, adding more layers to the complex Navy politics the author weaves into these romances. Dalton, an out gay man and Chris, who’s black, have had a harder time gaining promotions and rank than most of their peers, for some valid reasons but also subtle bigotry. It’s made them distrustful of fair treatment by higher-ups. After the terrifying incident that hurts Dalton, he and the woman who saved him are being pressured about the inv ...more
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

This isn’t my first time reading a L.A. Witt book, but this is the first in this series that I am reading. I didn’t have any issues falling into this book. As it’s written in first person POV, it felt very natural and engaging.

Dalton and Chris’s story does start off a little slow. There’s a lot of extra terminology in this book, which makes the series far more authentic. However, I think it can create a lag in pacing, especially when there’s a lot in the beginning of the book. Nevertheless, I
Fabi
4.5 stars!!!

This is the 5th book I've read in this series and there hasn't been a single one under 4 stars. It's that good!

L.A. Witt provides an intense amount of detail about Navy life. I find it fascinating at the same time as I cringe at the regimented lifestyle. I'm not one to appreciate orders (or to follow them), so I'm entranced with these men who make the Navy their lives.

Our MCs are best of friends when the story begins. A near fatal accident is the catalyst for them to become a couple.
Zoe
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sexy, sweet, and emotional!

Going Overboard is a steamy friends-to-more romance that takes you back to NAS Adams and introduces you to second-class petty officer Dalton Taylor, a confident, young sailor who finds himself on the cusp of losing his career, his life, and the one he adores, as well as fellow second-class petty officer Chris Ingram who may finally have to risk it all to have the one he secretly yearns.

The writing is lighthearted and provocative. The characters are devoted, driven, and
Chris, the Dalek King
If there was a petition out there asking L.A. Witt to continue this series for at least another 10 books, I’m pretty sure my signature would be right on top. I’ve liked, if not absolutely loved, every book so far, and this one is no exception. In this fifth installment we get the story of Chris and Dalton, long-time friends who have to finally find the courage to not only tell each other what they have long felt, but put all those years of friendship-turned-love to the test against a chief that ...more
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bgirls, mm, ebook

Review by The Blogger Girls.

Another solid story in the Anchor Point series. This can be read on its own, though a few characters from previous books make appearances. Here, we have a few things going on that make it a bit different from the previous books. This story centers around two best friends and fellow coxswains, Dalton and Chris.

For starters, these guys are coxswains, or the guys who drive and patrol the harbor boats. For various reasons, they are both at a point where they must pass a t
Barb ~rede-2-read~
**4.5 stars**

I enjoy the stories in this series. After all, who wouldn’t like hot, built Navy men? But each book carries its own unique flavor and this one was one of my favorites.

I think it’s because the author treated the two MCs as a couple right from the beginning, even though they didn’t become lovers until later. They were best friends; they shared a career and a love of the sea; they had integrity; and they had a good sense of humor and enjoyed being in each other’s company. And most of
Annie
3.5 stars- Loved the story, but the romance took a backseat

Going Overboard is the fifth in the Anchor Point series. I started this series a bit late, beginning with the audiobooks, and have ended up jumping around a little with the reading order. Luckily, even though there’s often some overlap of characters between books, the Anchor Point series can be read as standalones or out of order without issue. Going Overboard proved to be a bit harder for me to rate. I ended up liking the military story
Christi Snow
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
My Review:
While this wasn't my favorite book of the series, I still really, really enjoyed it. Honestly, I think the only reason I didn't like it as much was just because the guys felt so much younger.

In this book, we meet Dalton and Chris, best friends...one out as gay, the other not. In fact, Dalton doesn't even know that Chris is gay...that's how far in the closet he is. But Chris is black and is already dealing with enough bigotry with that. There's no reason (to him) to give anyone more am
Under the Covers Book Blog

Logan Meredith
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay-romance
I loved this entire series.
Julie   (*Happily Ever Chapter*)
*I received an ARC of this title via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own. *
Kathi
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. All the books in this series are amazing
WycEd Reader
Check out our Going Overboard post on Wicked Reads.

Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Avid Reader – ☆☆☆☆
M/M Military Romance
Triggers: Homophobia

Chris and Dalton have been friends forever. Dalton has been out in his life for a long time. He doesn't hide who he is, but he secretly wants his best friend, Chris. Too bad Dalton truly believes that Chris is straight. Maybe don't know each other as well as they think.

When Dalton is injured and almost dies, Chris can't help but make sure that he
Danielle Gypsy Soul
I'm a fan of this series but this one wasn't my favorite. I just didn't like the whole investigation aspect with the corrupt supervisor. I understand their are bad supervisors but it seemed that for a long time it was just taken as "that's just the way it is" and that there weren't any other options that Chris and Dalton could consider. I'm not sure I believe that the investigation would have happened the way it did. There were just too many other witnesses that would hopefully have told the tru ...more
Cee Brown
*✫)4.5 sea worthy stars
.•.•*)✯ .•*)
✮ (.•✶ (.•

"All I knew was that somewhere in the chaos, I’d fallen in love with my best friend."

From the first book to this one, I have given Ms. Witt high praises for her continued fascinating navy tale. I cannot get enough of the camaraderie, the tension, the need to love in such an environment and the angst that swallows you whole.

Yes, I yelled and cussed throughout this book, I admit it. But it was for the injustice and the way these two men, Dalton and
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This is an exciting story about the consequences of coverups and corrupt leadership in the US Navy. It’s also a wonderful friends to lovers romance between two men who have always had each others’ backs but who have always hidden their true feelings.

I have to admit that I hesitated before requesting this story because I really didn’t get on with the last few books in the series. Fortunately, this fifth story feels fresh and ex
Tracie Runge
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgally
4.5 Stars I loved Going Overboard. I found the interaction between Dalton & Chris and the storyline extremely enjoyable and will read more by this author. This is definitely one to add to your read list
Carey
Jul 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Not my favorite. It was ok.
Angie
Jan 30, 2018 rated it liked it
I received a copy to read and review for Wicked Reads

I have read all rhe books in this series and this by far is my least favorite. Honestly I was bored and found myself skimming and just wanting the book to be over. I usually love stories that are friends ro lovers but even that couldn't keep my interest in this book. I felt that there was so much detail about the job that the love story got lost in the mist. I am hoping this is just a one off for the series and the next one will be better. I'm
Avid Reader
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Going Overboard (Anchor Point #5) by L.A. Witt
4 stars
M/M Military Romance
Triggers: Homophobia
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Chris and Dalton have been friends forever. Dalton has been out in his life for a long time. He doesn't hide who he is, but he secretly wants his best friend Chris. Too bad Dalton truly believes that Chris is straight... Maybe don't know each other as well as they think.

When Dalton is injured and almost dies, Chris can't help but make sure that
Nicole
Jan 31, 2018 rated it liked it
The good:
1. Despite being #5 in a series, I read it as a stand-alone (never having read the first four) and didn’t feel as if I was missing background story.
2. The military information was detailed and informed, and I enjoyed how it portrayed the political game that had to be played, and that PTSD and TBI have very real and long lasting consequences.
3. The risk factor was high: Dalton had everything to lose: his career, his retirement, his relationship. His fear and stress came through strong an
Kirk
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance, lgbtq
We’re back at Naval Air Station Adams in Anchor Point and boy do I love it here. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed every book in the series so I was excited to start this one.

Here we have petty officers Dalton Taylor and Chris Ingram, the best of friends and stationed at NAS Adams in the Harbor Patrol Unit. Although Dalton is out and open about his sexual preferences, Chris isn’t; even Dalton isn’t aware of his best friend’s preferences in the bedroom and unbeknown to them both, they’ve each harboured a b
Cleo
Feb 03, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5. I’ve read a lot of LA Witt - she’s hit or miss for me, but her misses tend to be meh and not hulk-smash-rage inducing and she’s reliably entertaining so I keep reading her. This was not a huge miss but it was kind of meh for me.

I had high hopes for this one because I prefer her friends-to-lovers over her insta-lust stories. (Two of my faves are From Out in the Cold and Finding Master Right, two friends-to-lovers on opposite ends of the angst spectrum). The romance wasn’t as strong as I was
Emilie
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 stars.

At least the protagonists' romance wasn't forbidden from the start like in several of L.A. Witt's military books. The protagonists kept going back and forth about going above the head of their chief, who was gaslighting them and trying to ruin them any way he could. They had this little mantra of "chiefs protect other chiefs" (I am paraphrasing). I'm sure a good bit of it was that I "knew" the other chiefs were good guys from reading previous books in the series, but I got tired of h
2kasmom
Jan 12, 2018 rated it liked it
This is book #5, in the Anchor Point series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader enjoyment and understanding of the series, I recommend reading in the order intended.

Dalton & Chris have been best friends for some time. Enjoying the same things, working the same job, even at the same location, makes it easy for their friendship to grow. When tragedy strikes and makes them realize their feelings - can they make the most of it?

Chris is not sure how to react when he almost lo
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
L.A. Witt is an abnormal M/M romance writer who has finally been released from the purgatorial corn maze of Omaha, Nebraska, and now spends her time on the southwestern coast of Spain. In between wondering how she didn't lose her mind in Omaha, she explores the country with her husband, several clairvoyant hamsters, and an ever-growing herd of rabid plot bunnies.

She also has substantially more ti

Anchor Point (8 books)
  • Just Drive (Anchor Point #1)
  • Afraid to Fly (Anchor Point #2)
  • Chief's Mess (Anchor Point, #3)
  • Rank & File (Anchor Point, #4)
  • Once Burned (Anchor Point, #6)
  • Wash Out (Anchor Point, #7)
  • Sink or Swim (Anchor Point, #8)