Start by marking “The Glass Hotel” as Want to Read:
The Glass Hotel

The Glass Hotel

From the award-winning author of Station Eleven, a captivating novel of money, beauty, white-collar crime, ghosts, and moral compromise in which a woman disappears from a container ship off the coast of Mauritania and a massive Ponzi scheme implodes in New York, dragging countless fortunes with it.

Vincent is a bartender at the Hotel Caiette, a five-star glass-and-cedar pal
Expected publication: February 15th 2020 by Picador (first published 2020)

To ask other readers questions about The Glass Hotel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Glass Hotel

Maxwell
Sep 06, 2017 marked it as to-read
#gimmedatplz
Blair
It must be incredibly difficult for a writer to follow a monster hit like Station Eleven. Everyone, it seems, is dying to read The Glass Hotel, and that includes me: I normally think it's a little obnoxious to review an advance copy 6+ months before the book's publication, but I simply could not wait to dive into this one. So I will get this out of the way first: The Glass Hotel is not post-apocalyptic, it's not dystopian, it's straight literary fiction (which is not to say that it doesn't have ...more
Jessica Jeffers
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, edelweiss
"I was a thief too," I tell him, "we both got corrupted."
Station Eleven is one of my all-time favorite books and I was unbelievably excited when I found out that, more than five years later, Emily St. John Mandel was finally releasing a new novel. I was even more excited when I discovered I could download an advance copy of this book on off Edelweiss.

It's incredibly difficult to summarize the plot of this one without getting too into spoilers, but one very important thing you should know i
Izzy
Jan 20, 2019 marked it as to-be-released
thank you emily st. john mandel for blessing us mortals with a new release
Sarah Elizabeth
From the article https://www.thebookseller.com/news/st...
"Senior editor at Picador... said St. John Mandel's prose was "as poignant as ever", with the "galloping" pace of a thriller. Referring to the book as a "brilliant follow up" to Station Eleven, she also hinted the book will include a character that fans might recognise."

i need it now please k thanks bye
Nadine Jones
"container ship" + "NYC" + "scheme" sounds like a spinoff of The Singers Gun?
mikhaela
Jun 01, 2018 marked it as to-read
i miss emily st. john mandel's writing something fierce
Bee
Mar 15, 2019 marked it as to-read
Just putting this out there, if this book isn't already on your radar then it should be. This is, by far, my most anticipated book of 2019!
Beth
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review to come. ✨
BookishDubai
Sep 11, 2017 marked it as wishlist
"Sophie Jonathan, senior editor at Picador, said: the book is a brilliant follow up to Station Eleven, she also hinted the book will include a character that fans might recognize."

OMG! I'm so excited for this!!
Danielle
Dec 05, 2017 marked it as to-read
I long for this book to be released, for the time to jump back into Emily's fresh new take on the apocalypse genre and her wonderful characters. Thank you, just thank you
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-arcs, to-buy
Thank you to Edelweiss for providing me with a copy for review, this has in no way influenced my opinion.
I loved this book, as I have all of Mandel's books. I read it as slowly as possible... but still finished it within a day, and will surely read it again upon release.
The Glass Hotel is a return to Mandel's pre-Station Eleven books - a main character making life changes and the reader experiencing those changes through the lives that are touched by it, as well as through the eyes of the charac
Kara

• The Fountains of Silence
  • Alien: Echo
  • In the Dream House
  • The Reckless Oath We Made
  • Do You Dream of Terra-Two?
  • The Two Lives of Lydia Bird
  • Passion on Park Avenue (Central Park Pact, #1)
  • Empire of the Vampire (Empire of the Vampire, #1)
  • Spring
  • First Comes Scandal (Rokesbys #4)
  • One Night at the Lake
  • American Spy
  • Shorefall (Founders, #2)
  • The City We Became
  • Novel on Yellow Paper (Revived Modern Classic)
Emily St. John Mandel was born and raised on the west coast of British Columbia, Canada. She studied contemporary dance at the School of Toronto Dance Theatre and lived briefly in Montreal before relocating to New York.

Her fourth novel, Station Eleven, is forthcoming in September 2014. All three of her previous novels—Last Night in Montreal, The Singer's Gun, and The Lola Quartet—were Indie Next