Start by marking “Journey to Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Captain Phasma #1 (of 4)” as Want to Read:
Journey to Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Captain Phasma #1 (of 4)

Journey to Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Captain Phasma #1

(Star Wars: Captain Phasma #1)

As the excitement ramps up for this December's Star Wars: The Last Jedi, come back with us to the final moments of The Force Awakens and the destruction of Starkiller Base to learn the fate of Captain Phasma! Captured by the Resistance and thrown into a garbage masher, we follow the chrome-adorned warrior from the site of the First Order's biggest defeat to the doorstep of ...more
Published September 6th 2017 by Marvel (first published September 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Journey to Star Wars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Journey to Star Wars

Start your review of Journey to Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Captain Phasma #1 (of 4)
Brandon St Mark
This wasn't bad by any means. Just not a lot happened for me. I think Phasma is a little over hyped up as a character. I like that she's a self serving bounty hunter, but she got so much hype leading up to The Force Awakens and then so little screen time it kinda bit her in the ass.
Spencer
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
A promising start to this series with some awesome artwork, I look forward to the next issue.
Kiemon
Sep 09, 2017 rated it liked it
The mystery of what happened to Captain Phasma after she was hidden in the trash compactor, finally explained.......
Ben
Dec 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Fun, but light - maybe comic books are too light on detail for me these days. The pictures are nice though! :)
Minna
Dec 03, 2017 added it
Zeph Wibby
Sep 30, 2017 rated it liked it
I love Thompson's work so much and I'm excited to see what she does with this, but this first issue was just so much filler. I feel like maybe this was originally a page or even a panel at the start of the actual story and someone was like "I dunno, I think readers will be confused. You definitely need to write us a whole issue explaining how she's alive and what she's doing first."

I have more faith in you, fellow reader! You can probably skip this and just jump in with issue 2.
Joss
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Beautiful artwork. A good start to his story arc. The storytelling is not necessarily memorable for this first issue, apart from the fact that it obviously puts Captain Phasma in context with what happens in "The Force Awakens". But still, the artwork is worth the detour for the moment, in my humble opinion.
Steven Shinder
Dec 13, 2017 rated it liked it
It's really weird now knowing that Phasma was in the woods when Kylo and Rey were dueling. I do like that Phasma is trying to put the blame on the destruction of Starkiller Base on someone else, which is a nice surprise. But I can't help but remember how badly Phasma was used in The Force Awakens, which this comic is trying to fix. Love the artwork though.
Judy Frank
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really good sequel to the book Phasma by Delilah s dawson

The best sequel must read looking forward to the other issues of the series keep reading star wars lovers
I hope you like it just as much as me
Emily Dones
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm glad I picked this up gave me more insight to Captain Phasma's abilities as the leader of the storm troopers. Also knowing that she witnessed if only a little bit the fight between Kylo and Rey in TFA made me quite happy.
Andy Hickman
Sep 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Captain Phasma #1
Brilliant and stunning illustrations!
“When explosions had sufficiently subsided, I continued pursuit of suspect Riva.”
Calwriter8966
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Especially enjoyed the story of how she got her shiny armour.
Chuck Baker
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
B+
Jonathan Maas
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good, hope to write a full review soon.
Deejay Cartuneo
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
For those Star Wars fand that want to know more of that Mysterious Force Awakens character Phasma.
Nicholas Javier

• Darth Vader (2017-) #6
  • Darth Vader (2017-) #7
  • Star Wars: The Last Jedi - DJ: Most Wanted #1
  • Darth Vader (2017-) #8
  • Cobalt Squadron (Star Wars)
  • Darth Vader (2017-) #9
  • Darth Vader (2017-) #4
  • Star Wars: Jedi of the Republic - Mace Windu #2 (of 5)
  • Darth Vader (2017-) #3
  • Darth Vader (2017-) #10
  • Star Wars: Rogue One - Cassian & K-2SO #1
  • Spark of the Resistance  (Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, #3)
  • Darth Vader (2017-) #1
  • Darth Vader (2017-) #2
  • Star Wars: Doctor Aphra #12
  • Black Spire (Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, #2)
  • Star Wars #36
KELLY THOMPSON has a degree in Sequential Art from The Savannah College of Art & Design. Her love of comics and superheroes have compelled her since she first discovered them as a teenager. Currently living in Portland, Oregon with her boyfriend and the two brilliant cats that run their lives, you can find Kelly all over the Internet where she is generally well liked, except where she's ...more

Star Wars: Captain Phasma (4 books)
  • Journey to Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Captain Phasma #2 (of 4)
  • Journey to Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Captain Phasma #3 (of 4)
  • Journey to Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Captain Phasma #4 (of 4)