Start by marking “Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)” as Want to Read:
Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)

Collision Point

(Brute Force #1)

From #1 bestselling author Lora Leigh comes Collision Point, part of the thrilling Brute Force series—packed with powerful men, steely women, and explosive passion.

SHE’S NOTHING BUT TROUBLE
Riordan Malone is more than a bodyguard. As an Elite Ops agent, he’s ripped, raged, and ready to rumble—a true warrior, inside and out. But no war zone can compare to the battle in Rory’
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 331 pages
Published February 27th 2018 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Collision Point, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Collision Point

Carrie
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
Collision Point by Lora Leigh is the first book in the new Brute Force romantic suspense series. However, even though Collision Point is opening up a new series it is a spin off from Lora Leigh’s Elite Ops series so the characters have carried over from there.

In this first book Amara Resnova seeks out Riordan Malone after having dreams of him and believing they may have a shared past. Amara had lost her memory of their time together and her father has done everything to keep Riordan away.

Now whe
♥Rachel♥
Mar 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Riordan Malone almost lost his life rescuing Amara Resnova, his lover and charge, from her father’s enemies and has spent the last six months getting back to 100% without a word from her. Now she’s back at Riordan’s door, asking for help, because it appears someone is still after her. Riordan’s more than a little upset that Amara turned away from him but won’t turn her away when she’s in need.

Amara can’t remember the last year of her life, but she’s has vivid nightmares of death, and haunting e
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
Thank you St. Martin's Press for the ARC in exchange for an honest review

Collision Point is the first book in a romantic suspense series Brute Force. It's a spin-off series to Elite Ops. I haven't given such series a try but I'm intrigued by it since some of its characters made an appearance here and after checking the blurb. I had expectations it's going to be plot driven and has exciting actions in it. Unfortunately it didn't meet my expectations and I dislike several things.

The plot has a po
Carvanz
Six months ago Amara was kidnapped and beaten. When Riordan and his team rescue her she watches as the love of her life is killed. When she awakens in the hospital she has no memory of her abduction or anything from the moment she first met Riordan. But the nightmares and memories are just a whisper and a dream away and she instinctively knows that she is still in mortal danger.

After retreating to his family’s home in Texas, Riordan is struggling to regain his strength even as his attempts to co
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
The more I read of Lora Leigh's books the more I'm sure she's one of THE best authors who really know how to make a couple sizzle on the pages of a book. The sexual tension is always intense between her characters. I love the bond her couples form and the fierce love they feel for each other.

Amara was kidnapped and beaten by an unknown enemy. When Riorden, her bodyguard and lover saves her, he gets shot in the process. She believes he died just before she passes out from the trauma.

6 months la
Linda Strong
Amara Resnova is the daughter of a crime lord. Due to a memory loss, she turns to Riordan Malone, an Elite Ops agent. She knows that someone is trying to kill her, but she doesn't know who ... or why.

They've met before when he fell in love with her and then broke her heart. But she's different now ... older, wiser, tougher. Riordan is still attracted, but he's afraid he's missed his only chance with her.

This book is typical Lora Leigh .. hunky guys, beautiful women, graphic sex hotter than an Ar
Dianne
He died once trying to save her and now she doesn’t remember why he was gone from her life, why he “deserted” her. She doesn’t remember he was more than a bodyguard, they were lovers and the chemistry, steam and passion were explosive.
Now Riordan will risk his life again to keep Amara safe from the latest threats, but he also must make her remember what they had. He has gotten her body back, but he needs more…

Lora Leigh’s COLLISION POINT is filled with action, a plethora of turmoil, danger from
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Amara can't remember the last 11 months of her life but even without her memories, she knows something is missing in her life. Something that teases just at the edge of her subconscious. Something that calls to her, something that makes her feel safe and protected. She knows she was abducted but with everyone walking on eggshells around and her father refusing to answer any of her questions, Amara decides to find the answers on her own.

There is one man she feels can help her piece together her
☆Dani☆ ☆Touch My Spine Book Reviews☆
This was a fantastic romantic suspense that had me turning pages throughout the whole night as fast as I could! Great plot and loved the characters! Highly recommended!
Marta Cox
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, my-reviews
Three and a half
My very first book by this author was Wild Card which ironically is very much connected to this new spin off series. This time though it's Riordan who is the man fighting for his woman but how can he do that if she doesn't remember him ? Amara was abducted, tortured and left for dead but now her memories of the past year are gone. She has no recollection of being kidnapped, her mind has blotted out her ordeal and yet her dreams feature Riordan, a man trained to kill yet with him
RachelW (BamaGal)
Jul 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
I hadn’t realized that this was a continuation/spin-off of the old ‘Elite Ops’ series before I started the book. This can be read standalone; but for those who have not read at least Wild Card, they might feel they are missing a bit of background.

It was enjoyable enough, especially the last 30% or so. There was soooo much sex, though. If they weren’t having present day sex, they were having flashback sex or dream sex. If that’s your cuppa, fine. For me it was too much and drowned out the story.
MarytheBookLover
I received this book from Netgalley - it in no way influenced this review.

My Opinion:
I thought the book was ok and the steamy scenes between Amara and Riordan were steamy, but, I did not feel this was a book one in a series. There was so much back story with Riordan's brother and wife that I felt left out and duped into believing this was a first. I don't like feeling like I am coming in to a series on the tail end. There was a lot of back story here. Enough where it made me wish that I got the
Beth
I find that there is a fine balance between steam and story. When the steam takes over the story it becomes more of a skimming and not so much entertaining for me. Most times Leigh hits the mark with that balance but its off in Collision Point making the telling feel choppy.

The fiery Amara and the bad ass Riordian were a perfect match. They do make the pages sizzle. This a great read for those who like lots of sexual tension and smoking hot reads.

I received this ARC copy of Collision Point from
ARC received for review

New series that is a spin-off from the Elite Ops series.

The story was choppy and a little all over the place, but Rory was hot. All of the Elite Ops team was even Grandad. I'm not really sure if Grandad had a point in going on the mission. Rory was a wee bit of a jerk to Amara at times especially after what she had been through. Her father was a little weird. It was just okay and not as good as some of the other books I've read by Ms. Leigh.

Now if the next story is who th
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Collision Point is book 1 of a new series, Brute Force. At first, I was VERY confused. I felt like I was missing something and the story seemed to just jump right into a plot. Upon further exploration, this apparently is a spin off of another series. Ok, not critical, but good to know that these characters have a deeper history! I liked that the story jumps right into the action, but I felt very confused as to what was really going on. This is a second chance story, so understand the history of ...more
Dísir
I had assumed that ‘Collision Point’ was the first of a new series by Lora Leigh and not part of her Elite Oops series, which I didn’t exactly take to. But while I found the start somewhat intriguing, it just wasn’t a story that could hold my interest; neither was the writing style which I found choppy, repetitive and somewhat difficult to follow.

On the one hand, there’s nothing more enticing about a male protagonist who knows what he wants and goes after it. On the other hand, there is the coo
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

This is the first in the author's new Brute Force series and its a great start.

When Amara, daughter of a Russian mob boss approaches Rory to protect her from someone who is trying to kill her, she doesn't realize he was her bodyguard/lover before her kidnapping. But the intervening year is a blank-she doesn't remember the kidnapping, her rescue, or anything else. While Rory isn't happy that she doesn't recall him, there's no way he will let anything threaten the woman he loves. He returns to her
Paganalexandria
Russian mafia princess Amara doesn't know who to trust. A past harrowing ordeal has left huge gaps in her memory, dreaming of a mystery man. Security expert Riordan “Rory” Malone is at first resentful when his former client, and lover shows up on his doorstep. He agrees to come to her rescue, but plans to lay siege to every part of her in the bargain.

The Good:
1. Rory's Irish alpha charm was swoon worthy.

2. Russian mafia theme is always a bonus for me.

The Bad:
1. Amaya has amnesia. At least sh
Candace Tidwell
I really am stumped on this review. Maybe I built it too much prior to reading it. It just was not what I expected. The prologue hooked me. The book just plateaued afterwards. Dont get me wrong Collision Point was a good book and I plan on reading the next in the series.
~Stéphanie's Journal~
DNF - no rating

I can't really say I read the book because from the prologue I could say something was off.
After doing some research I learnt the Brute Force series was a spin-off of another series which I didn't read. While usually this isn't a problem, it was here.
In the prologue you are thrown directly in the action from a previous book. The MC seems already an item and I was very confused. It was like I was missing a huge part of their story.
After the first chapter I couldn't continue becau
Mara
Jan 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, arc
3.5
Collision Point is heralded as a new series by Lora Leigh, but I suspect it's a spin off. Its media res beginning is both intriguing and a bit maddening. Characters have clearly a backstory that was lost to me, that said the plot was really easy to follow. Unfortunately, I thought it was a bit too thin, as the sex to story ratio was pretty high. 😊 The ending saved the day: It packed a punch of twists and revelations that had me reaching for my own tumbler of whiskey.

Her heroine is a mix of na
Laurie
Mar 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I had such high hopes for Collision Point only to have them come crashing down. Don’t get me wrong, there’s a great story to be found in here, but it’s buried so deep under unneeded and repetitive angst it’s hard to find. I wanted to like all the characters but I spent most my time wanting to jack slap them for being so frustrating.

So how did a man convince a woman who had forgotten him, to remember him again and to hopefully remember everything that happened after he left her.

For starters I did
Anita
Feb 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-supense, arc

Unless you've read the Elite Ops Series, I don't recommend you read this book. Even though this book is being marketed as a new series, it is really a spin-off and tied very closely to the Elite Ops Series. I guarantee that if you pick this book up expecting a complete standalone book, like me, you will be very disappointed. The hero/heroine have appear to have significant his
Fabi
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, published-2018
It started out great. But after the prologue it got weird for me. I didn't like that they already had a romantic past. I had a hard time believing in her memory loss that spanned exactly one year and didn't happen until months after her initial capture. Finally, I just didn't get Riordan. He was all possessive and aggressive, but he initially walked away when told to do so. These may sound like spoilers, but they really aren't, they're basically the starting premise of the story.

I always feel ba
Astraycat
If you've read Wild Card, you'd remember Noah' s younger brother. This is his story.

Glad to get a glimpse of Noah' s life after he got together with Sabella again. And it's great to read their grandfather tell old stories.

As the author's usual plot, the sex scenes were hot. Both H and h were too stubborn to admit their love toward each other. Sometimes I got too impatient when h refuse to admit her eagerness to be close to H.

An epilogue will be great.
Melanie
3.5 Stars

Collision Point was an incredibly hot romance packed full of suspense with characters willing to go to extremes for the ones they love.

Riordan Malone, a member of the Brute Force Protection Agency, is the youngest in a long line of Malone men who are willing to risk everything for the women they love. Riordan believed Amara Resnova to be that woman only for her abduction to tear them apart when after a daring rescue operation, Amara wanted nothing to do with him. Six months later, Amara
Laz the Sailor
This author was one of my first reads in this genre - I really liked her early Breeds series. So I was looking forward to this thriller.

Unfortunately, it was a bit of a mess. Very angsty, with a long build-up complete with last second interruptions - several times! There is a back-story in some of the earlier series, but this is supposed to be stand-alone, and it didn't stand too well. And then the ending is a double-clutched frenzy with villains emerging from all directions.

If you like uber-alp
Janet Robel
Mar 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Entertaining with a suspenseful plot. Riordan and Amara are good characters. I felt the story flowed smoothly and was enjoyable. There were some twists that I didn't see coming. Since Amara's abduction, she has no memory of what happened. Riordan won't leave her side till he finds out who's after her. I enjoyed the mix of suspense and heat and will definitely read the next one.
~Mandi~
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Collision Point
Lora Leigh
5⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Super suspenseful romance by Lora Leigh. I love this author and her work. This is another amazing story that grabs you right at the beginning and you can’t put it down.
Lots of steamy scenes which Leigh is famous for. I can’t wait for more in this series.

Summary:
SHE’S NOTHING BUT TROUBLE
Riordan Malone
A. Cook
Good first installment of the Brute Force series and author Lora Leigh really brings the heat For the full review check us out at Self-Professed Book Hoarders or follow us on Twitter.

Happy Reading Everyone!!!

Thank you to Netgalley for providing this Arc in exchange for an honest review

• Dial M for Menage
  • Cowboy Behind the Badge (Sweetwater Ranch, #2)
  • Christmas in the Billionaire's Bed (Kavanaghs of Silver Glen, #3)
  • Claiming Her Warriors (Lumineta, #2)
  • What the Greek's Money Can't Buy (The Untamable Greeks, #1)
  • A Shot of Red
  • Salvation (Nashville Nights, #2)
  • The Lingerie Shop (Naughty Bits, #1)
  • Gambling with the Crown (Heirs to the Throne of Kyr #1)
  • Perfect Storm (His to Possess, #3)
  • Tempestuous Eden
  • Hooked: When Addiction Hits Home
  • Warrior's Heart (Gifts Of The Ancients, #1)
  • Perfect 10
  • Crossing the Line
  • Menage on 34th Street
  • Theirs for the Night (The Thalanian Dynasty, #1)
  • Starstruck Romance and Other Hollywood Tails: A Second Acts Novel
Lora Leigh lives in the rolling hills of Kentucky, often found absorbing the ambience of this peaceful setting. She dreams in bright, vivid images of the characters intent on taking over her writing life, and fights a constant battle to put them on the hard drive of her computer before they can disappear as fast as they appeared. Lora’s family, and her writing life co-exist, if not in harmony, in ...more

Brute Force (3 books)
  • Dagger's Edge (Brute Force #2)
  • Lethal Nights (Brute Force, #3)