Start by marking “The Atlantis Twins (Mermaid Curse, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Atlantis Twins (Mermaid Curse, #1)

The Atlantis Twins

(Mermaid Curse #1)

Seventeen-year-old Alysa Grey is certain her lost twin sister is still alive even though Hawaii Search and Rescue gave up years ago. Meanwhile, Alysa’s bizarre ability to heal herself seems more curse than blessing.

When she meets Nate, a handsome surfer, he presents the opportunity for pre-summer escape. Alysa convinces her best friend to sneak away to Hina where Nate li
Published January 6th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Atlantis Twins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Atlantis Twins

Start your review of The Atlantis Twins (Mermaid Curse, #1)
Mcf1nder_sk
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I had read Alabaster Island, the prequel to the Mermaid Curse series, by @kaminskyauthor a few months ago, and finally managed to read Book One in the series. This is a supernatural fantasy series involving a teenage girl, Alyse, who discovers that she is actually part mermaid, descended from the original inhabitants of Atlantis. Unfortunately, not everybody is happy that mermaids exist.
I don't want to spoil the story, so I have to be intentionally vague. Kaminsky, however, does a wonderful jo
Wall-to-wall books - wendy
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ding ding ding!! We have a winner! After reading Alabaster Island (4.5 stars) the author asked me what he would need to do to earn 5 stars from me... This, this is what you do! You write a book like this one. While I liked Alabaster Island, it was good and did keep my attention (4.5 stars is great!) - this one, The Atlantis Twins - was captivating!

There was so much to this story. It was complex and very suspenseful. It had a lot of twists and surprises. There were more than a few times that I ga
Rosalie
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2018
2.5 stars.

The book was not bad per se, but I also thought it was a bit sloppy at times. I still don't really get parts of it, but not in a 'Oohh I want to read the next/previous book to find out' way, more in like a 'I'm confused but also don't really care' way. At times I couldn't really follow who was talking and the conversation was confusing, but it wasn't so bad that it made me put the book down.
The storyline was fine, but not groundbreaking. There was one plottwist I didn't see coming, bu
Nikki
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I expected this to be a YA mermaid book, but despite the main character being a teen, it read much more like an adult thriller.
So, it wasn't what I was expecting to read at all, but it was well-written. Alysa doesn't remember her past other than she lost her twin and needs to find her. As her memories slowly return, it only poses more questions to be answered and the reader is kept guessing about everyone's intentions.
The book ends in a satisfactory way although many questions are left unanswere
Peggy
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Epic Adventure! What an Awesome Ride!

Read "Alabaster Island" first because it truly lays the groundwork for "The Atlantis Twins." It's more a big novella, but it's quite a fascinating story! This isn't your average mermaid tale. It's fantasy brought to life! Kaminsky is a wonderful writer! His words flowed so well that I felt like I was there, hovering above, watching it happening! I LOVED it! If you like a little fantasy in your realism, I highly recommend this series! It's believable in a "Twi
Carol Tate
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A gripping story

This is the first book I've read by M.S. Kaminsky, and I wasn't disappointed. There were several times I had to re-read to work out the dialogue but other than that the story gripped me and kept me reading desperately trying to work out the twists and turns towards a very unpredictable ending. While its listed as a YA this book holds a thrill for any reader, especially if you enjoy mermaids and myth fantasy. I'm eager for the next instalment and to see what discoveries are yet t
Lauren
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderfully surprising!

Why couldn't I have found out about this book later when the rest of the series have been written. I am litterally sad that j don't have the sequel to start and hungrily devour like I did this one. I don't want to spoil anything but I have to tell why?!?! Come on Alyssa! Anyway. This and the novella was wonderful. This is one of my new favorite books.
Bettyboop
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
‘Alabaster Island’ was my introduction to the fantasy world of mermaids and ‘Atlantis Twins’ carried me deeper with a great goodread. Author M S Kaminsky’s writing style held my interest with his intriguing storyline and a big unexpected twist. Love the characters and look ward to another trip to this fantasy world.
D Taylor
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is well written, punctuated with page turning events. My interest was maintained throughout the book. There are some nice turns of story line, going in unexpected directions. There is partial resolution near the end but plenty is left unsettled for a subsequent story, following a cliff hanger phone call on an international flight.
Christen Heagy
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing

I chose 4 stars because I was hooked on this book. It went a little fast and left me confused on occasion but overall pretty good. Can not wait for next book. Good job Shawn!
Janina s. Asselin
Dive in

Good read. Lots of twists and turns involved. Characters were not well developed but just ok. Story line was interesting. Not sure if I am invested enough to read next book. Story did have an ending unlike some others I have read.
Glenda Dykstra
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad

Seemed somewhat choppy at times but the storyline and plot were good. Interesting thought in the book. I would read more from this author.
Dina Bushrod
A fascinating take on mermaid stories. The world building in this series is quite different from any I've read before. This book starts quite a few years later from the first book and everything has changed. We have twins and one has been lost at sea and her absence causes the twin that is left determined to find her. She has a chance to look for her with a group of people, that turn out to be quite different than they portrayed themselves to be. I don't do spoilers and there's a lot more betwee ...more
Ruth Stebelska
Grandma Grace
Jan 23, 2018
Tiffany Bolden-lewis
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story from start to finish. It draws you into the world of Atlantis and why things are the way they are. The group communing with nature is a perfect setting for the finale. Can't wait to read the next one. ...more
Onzin
Dec 27, 2020
alice Tileston
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Received free for review:
fun, fast story. would like to read more to see where author goes with this story...
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: add page count 2 13 Dec 18, 2017 08:54AM

• Corktown (Abby Kane FBI Thriller, #1)
  • Tenderloin (Abby Kane FBI Thriller, #2)
  • An Easy Death (Gunnie Rose, #1)
  • Ghastly Bright: Christmas in Darkside (Darkly Sweet Book 6)
  • Sleigh Spells (Winter Witches of Holiday Haven, #1)
  • Winter Wishes  (Winter Witches of Holiday Haven, #4)
  • Holiday Hexes (Winter Witches of Holiday Haven #3)
  • Reindeer Runes (Winter Witches of Holiday Haven, #2)
  • Murder on the Sugarland Express (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries, #6)
  • Cocoa Curses (Winter Witches of Holiday Haven #5)
  • Snow Cold Case (Mystic Snow Globe #1)
  • Doc's Codicil
  • A Twisted Fairy Tale Boxed Set, #4-7 (A Twisted Fairy Tale, #4-7)
  • The Heart of the Garden
  • Bone Dry (The Salt Mine Book 10)
  • A Twisted Fairy Tale Boxed Set, #1-3 (A Twisted Fairy Tale, #1-3)
  • The Truth in Tiramisu (A Poppy Creek Novel # 2)
  • The Clause in Christmas (A Poppy Creek Novel, #1)
M.S. Kaminsky writes young adult urban fantasy and sci-fi with dashes of suspense, mystery and romance. His most recent release, The Mermaid Curse Series, reveals the enigmatic origin of mermaids in a gripping fantasy that spans generations of women.

When MSK is not writing he can be found with his husband attempting to tame the white water rapids of upstate New York or weeding in their garden. So

Mermaid Curse (4 books)
  • The Atlantis Song (The Mermaid Curse #2)
  • The Atlantis Queens (The Mermaid Curse #3)
  • Merman Rises (The Mermaid Curse #4)