Start by marking “Wardens of Archos (The Relics of Ar'Zac, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wardens of Archos (The Relics of Ar'Zac, #2)

Wardens of Archos

(The Relics of Ar'Zac #2)

4.53  ·  Rating details ·  17 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Once a despised street rat, now the reigning queen of Rifarne, Rachael is at the centre of everyone's attention. All she wants is a few peaceful moments to herself—

but her kingdom has other plans.

The Tramuran ambassador unnerves her.

The Krymistian lady is hiding something.

A Mist Woman brings her a gift, and a warning: Aeron's death has released the Dark One's shades into t
Published October 16th 2017 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Wardens of Archos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wardens of Archos

Ellen Read
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wardens of Archos is the second book in Sarina Langer’s Relics of Ar'Zac fantasy series.

I was so pleased to be back in Rifarne with Rachael and her colleagues. It was great to pick up the story from where it finished in the first book. New characters were introduced and joined Rachael on her journey to new lands in an attempt to find the answers to what is hidden beneath the ancient Krymistian ruins of Archos.

The story moves at a good pace and always left me wanting to turn the page. Sarina Lan
Michael Chrobak
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
The story line here picked up well from the first book in this series, and the new characters the author introduced added depth. I did find it slow in some parts and somewhat repetitive in others, which is why I knocked it down a star. Look for a full review including likes, dislikes, etc coming soon.
Faith Rivens
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-of-2017
First I want to thank the author for a free ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I was in a rather unique position reading Wardens of Archos as I had already read it in one of its earlier stages a few months ago. The best thing about it, is being able to recognize the improvements from then to now, showing not only the hard work that Sarina has put into this, but the skill of her eye in edits!

The book picks up right after the sequel as Rachael has to carry the new burden of being regent of Rifar
Julia Blake
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I had already read book one in this series, which I'd enjoyed, so was confident this book wouldn't fail to deliver as well. I was not disappointed. Straight into the action, picking up where book one left off, we are plunged into the turbulent aftermath of Rachael's ascension onto the throne, where all is not as simple as they thought it would be.

Battles, intrigue, secrets, visions, prophecies, assassins and magic, this book really does deliver it all in spades, as well as relationship issues wh
K.J. Chapman
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I rate this book 4.5/5.

Langer is back with a bang. I have been patiently anticipating book two after devouring book one. Rachael finds herself dealing with her new role as queen, assassins, prophecy, dark magic, and awkwardness with Cale. I loved the awkwardness, it only heightened my need for them to grow and strengthen their relationship in the long run. I was a sucker for their relationship dynamic in book one, and book two played on that beautifully.

The world building is brilliant, and Lange
Beverley Lee
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My rating 4.5

Langer is back with the second book of her Relics of Ar'Zac fantasy series, and she does not disappoint.

The story picks up well from the end of the first one (something I really like) and we're thrust into a world of prophecy and personal struggle, danger and self-doubt. I really liked the complexity between characters, Langer knows how to string a multi-faceted dynamic together, and to make the reader turn the page to discover what happens next.

The world-building is very strong, I
Holly Ducarte
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was chosen as an ARC reader for this novel. And I feel very honoured to have been given the opportunity. This is the second book in a series, and I haven’t yet read the first. Still, Sarina wrote the book in a way that allowed the reader to catch on quickly. Backstory was weaved in carefully. I appreciated that it wasn’t a saturation. The characters’ interaction with one another was very well done. Dialogue between them felt real and not forced. It was great to get swept up in the drama and hu ...more
Briana
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As Langer's editor, I am beyond impressed by the way her writing has progressed. I don't read much fantasy, but the characters and worldbuilding keep me engrossed in this novel the whole time, as well as the first in the series. This novel is compelling, well written, and perfectly paced. If you're looking for a thrilling, character-driven novel that will make you really feel things, I highly advise you check out this book.
Ríona O'Inabha
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
(I was provided a free ARC of Wardens of Archos by the author in exchange for an honest review. A full review can be found at inkandpapyrusblog.wordpress.com)

It is a rare sequel which manages to not only match the quality and intensity of the first book but also surpass it. Yet Wardens of Archos, book two of Sarina Langer’s Relics of Ar’Zac, achieves that feat. The beginning of the novel sees the characters still reeling from the aftermath of the climax of book one. Rachael, now Queen of Rifarne
Claire
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
The rarest of things: a strong middle volume in a trilogy!

This review was originally posted on my book blog.

The second book of a trilogy often suffers from “saggy middle” syndrome. I’m very happy to say this is in no way the case with Wardens of Archos. Everything in this book moves the story forward swiftly; there is no sense of treading water or trying to fill time before Book 3.

The one concern I had with Book 1 – that I needed more background information about the world the characters were op
Aarika Copeland
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was overjoyed when Langer asked me to be part of her ARC team. Rise of the Sparrows was an epic set up to her series, and I was eager to know how the second novel faired.

Wardens of Archos was everything I waited for!

After the prophecy of the seer queen is fulfilled, Rachael must bury her dead friends, as well as her orphan past, to become the queen Rifarne needs. But with assassins around every corner, and Cale keeping his distance, Rachael struggles in her new role as queen. She does not know
Villimey
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap did I enjoy reading The Wardens of Archos! I completely devoured it!

I'm slightly disappointed that it wasn't as dark and gorey as the first book but the plot and the action totally made up for it! Already in the first chapters, there were assassins trying to kill Rachael, our heroine and newly crowned queen. She's such a well-rounded character that you can't help but root for her safety and wellbeing.

The interactions between the characters were so natural, especially between Reeve and
Kade Cook
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing adventure. I absolutely loved this book, the characters, everything about it makes you want to leap into this world and be a part of it.
From the very first page, Rachael was a strong and worthy lead character and through all her strife, you were right there with her- every step of the way.

Incredible adventure and a must read.
Lejla
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved it!!
Amazing characters and storyline....
I dont need to say anything go and read it
I truly recommend it for fantasy fans.
Sarah Taylor
Jul 19, 2018
Ruth Miranda
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Blimey, I like this author! I really do, Sarina has a writing style that is pretty much right up my alley. I usually do not enjoy YA much, because most of what I have read so far is very childish and immature, books I tend to read together with my son. But this series, this is so my thing. I am still a fan of Rachael, am still very intrigued by her past and who she is now, the Queen of Rifarne. Cale grew on me, and Kaida was straight away my thing, can't even deal with the amazeness of her. But ...more
Moonika (bookandmoon)
Kalyn
Sep 12, 2017
Dawn
Feb 07, 2018
Sarina is the author of the Relics of Ar'Zac trilogy. The first book in the series, Rise of the Sparrows, was released in late May 2016. She's currently working on the sequel, a new fantasy series as well as her first sci-fi novel.

She's obsessed with books and all things stationery, has a proud collection of over twenty notebooks, and squees every time she buys a new notebook, pen (hmmm, fountain

The Relics of Ar'Zac (2 books)
  • Rise of the Sparrows (The Relics of Ar'Zac #1)