Start by marking “The Witch's Handbook To Catching Werewolves (Southern Single Mom Paranormal Mysteries 2)” as Want to Read:

The Witch's Handbook To Catching Werewolves

(Southern Single Mom Paranormal Mystery #2)

It's raining werewolves and...more werewolves.

When a werewolf steals the annual Thanksgiving Parade turkey in broad daylight, Andie Taylor vows to lay down the law. Supernaturals have flooded into her quiet town of Normal, Alabama, and now they’re wreaking havoc.

But when the same werewolf winds up dead and Andie herself becomes a murder suspect, her world is flipped
Published October 11th 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Witch's Handbook To Catching Werewolves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Witch's Handbook To Catching Werewolves

Start your review of The Witch's Handbook To Catching Werewolves (Southern Single Mom Paranormal Mysteries 2)
Maggie Wilson
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was so much fun! I really enjoy Andie's personality and her love for her daughter. Aunt Dot is hilarious and when you toss in a talkin', thinkin', experiment runnin' Magic 8 ball, you've got a lot of laughs ahead.

In this, the second installment of the Southern Single Mom Paranormal Mysteries series Andie Taylor is set out to solve a murder, catch a werewolf and keep her "witchy" status under wraps. Oh and protect her daughter Gabby, sort out her love life with Gabby's guardian angel S
Dharia Scarab
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle

4 sta
Krystyna
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Coming out of the closet is never much fun.

Fun lighthearted read. Trying to hide the fact that you are a vampire hunting witch is easy but it's made a thousand times harder when a werewolf eats the Thanksgiving turkey during the annual parade. Then when he ends up dead her name is the first one in the frame. Fighting to find the killer and trying to keep a low profile when she is outed as a witch gets life even more complicated. Plus she now has two men fighting for her attention. Great plot tha
Mike Lewis
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining urban fantasy cozy mystery series

Entertaining urban fantasy cozy mystery series. A great cast of characters and an entertaining storyline. A former hunter. A witch who used to be a vampire Hunter now lives in a small normal town called normal. Until things start happening and Minnie supernaturals start moving to town. Weird things start happening. Her daughter gets her magic early and she must learn to adapt and start using her hunter abilities again. Follow along as her and her fri
Frances
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Normal is getting a lot less normal!! Andie and family may have taken care of the vampires but now a whole town of supernaturals are ready to make Andie's life just as crazy. I totally sympathize with Andie wanting to keep her secret and her town safe, but love how when plans change she's able to heal some of her old wounds. With her daughter's future uncertain I can not wait to see how Andie, Dex, and Stone pull it all off. Not to mention how they deal with each other. I love the twis
Wendy Schindler
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Great Book From Amy Boyles!!

I'm really enjoying the 'Witches Handbook' books!! I can't wait to see where the next one leads us!
Andie Taylor - yes, that's her name - is dealing with two potential love interests, all while fighting supernatural baddies and trying to find ways to protect her daughter, corral her flighty great-aunt, free her longtime mentor, and keep her regular day job! That is one very busy single mom!
I highly recommend reading all of this author's work! All of the series!!
Christine
Jan 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
Great 2nd book

Read the series in order for best understanding, this is book 2. I liked it better than 1 though it was good as well. Relationships are getting more development. The men are awesome but confused. Angels, vampires, werewolves and witches. The only thing I don't like is the crazy aunt Dot. Why is this such a typical plotline? I love the 8-ball. Read and find out more.
Lyn Jenkins
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Outted

When Andie is found standing over a dead werewolf life gets complicated. Having a slew of paranormals moving into town who want to be recognized and live openly doesn't make her life any easier either. Top that off with an undead husband, an angel boyfriend, a mystic 8 ball mentor, a witch aunt who may have just a touch of Alzheimer's and a very magical toddler makes this book a very funny one with action.
Nadine
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!!

This time around, Andie has to deal with her estranged vampire husband, on top of everything else. Her crush on an angel, her very young daughter with growing powers, werewolves, being a murder suspect…

Entertaining, surprising, original, fast-paced, quirky, fun! I loved it!!! Unputdownable. It is best if you read book 1 first. You’re in for a treat!

I received a complimentary copy of this book and voluntarily posted an honest review.
Lita Acevedo
Jun 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute little paranormal mystery. The plot thickens as Andie becomes more involved with Dex and Stone. Dex might be able to become human again if he kills the vampire who created him freeing him up to be with Andie. Stone is falling more in love with Andie everyday and can't stay away from her. If he gives in he falls and loses his immortality. Andie is so confused she's losing her mind. ...more
Jana Gundy
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An entertaining mystery

I really enjoyed this next in the new series. Andie has werewolves, vampires, angels and a resurrected husband to deal with. The interactions between her and her two sort of love interests was good and a bit heart breaking at times. The writing is done very well and holds your interest.
Jane Love
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Andie little town of Normal has been invaded by Supernaturals of all kinds, She also finds out that her dead/ undead husband is there sort of mayor, Stone her sort of boyfriend who is also Guardian Angel to Andie daughter Gabby.
Dena
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute

This is a cute story of a witch who wants to be human normal in a supernatural community. Her estranged husband is now a vampire and the mayor it's crazy. This was a cute fluffy story.
Amy
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Everything comes out

Another great series from Amy!
The biggest part of this book is the confusion/love triangle happening between the main characters. Who will she choose? Does she have to choose? Hmmm...
Dot, Kate, Gabby, and V....add some flavor until the mix.
Lisa Kimbrell
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series is amazing! I love all the characters and the dynamics that have especially with each other. The love triangle between Stone, Dex and Andie is captivating!!
Diane Worthen
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Interesting read

Good follow up to Witch's guide to hunting vampires. I was so getting into the story. Now I'm looking for a 3d book in this series. Yes, Amy???
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Boy does Andie have a lot going on! I truly wouldn’t want to be in her shoes. Enjoying this series
Shawn
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Normal

This town doesn't live up to its name. The supernatural community is moving in. How are they going to keep it a secret.
Diana Blick
Oct 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Not my cup of tea

This seems a little light on characterization and so not my cup of tea. I prefer a bit more realism in my paranormal fare or else a little humor.
Amber
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Werewolves Fairies Angels and Vampires oh my!!!

Once again we are in the town of Normal where things are starting to be not...normal. Andie has to prove that she didn’t kill a werewolf while trying to keep her town like she likes it....normal!!. Add confusing feelings between her not dead husband and her angel...Andie has her hands full!! I cannot wait for the next book. This is definitely a good read!!!
Sharon
Kathy Turner
Feb 01, 2018
Cheryl Ballard
Nov 07, 2018

• Phantoms in High Fidelity (Blackwood Bay Witches #3)
  • Brewing Up a Storm (A Moonstone Bay Cozy Mystery, #6)
  • Broomsticks and Bones (Blackwood Bay Witches #4)
  • Magic and Missives (Blackwood Bay Witches #6)
  • Cut to the Crone (A Spell's Angels Cozy Mystery, #4)
  • To Love a Witch (Wicked Witches of the Midwest, #16)
  • Barbecue & Brooms (Southern Charms Cozy, #4)
  • Sweet Tea & Spells (Southern Charms Cozy Mystery #3)
  • The Witch is Back (Wicked Witches of the Midwest #17)
  • Fried Chicken & Fangs (Southern Charms Mystery #2)
  • Ghoul's Paradise (Spellbound Ever After #7)
  • Payback's a Witch (Blackwood Bay Witches #5)
  • Witchy Orders (Witches of Shadow Lane #2)
  • Collards & Cauldrons (Southern Charms Cozy Mystery #5)
  • Bad Magic and the Big Top (Blackwood Bay Witches #2)
  • Magic & Maladies (Starry Hollow Witches #10)
  • Sinfully Delicious (A Two Broomsticks Gas & Grill Witch Cozy Mystery, #1)
  • Poetry in Potion (Spellbound Ever After #5)
Hey, I’m Amy,
I write books for folks who crave laugh-out-loud paranormal mysteries. I help bring humor into readers’ lives. I’ve got a Pharm D in pharmacy, a BA in Creative Writing and a Masters in Life.
And when I’m not writing or chasing around two small children (one of which is four going on thirteen), I can be found antique shopping for a great deal, getting my roots touched up (because that’s

Southern Single Mom Paranormal Mystery (3 books)
  • The Witch's Handbook to Hunting Vampires (Southern Single Mom Paranormal Mysteries 1)
  • The Witch's Handbook to Trapping Demons (Southern Single Mom Paranormal Mysteries Book 3)

News & Interviews