Start by marking “Lord Humphrey (Sons of the Marquess, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lord Humphrey (Sons of the Marquess, #2)

Lord Humphrey

(Sons of the Marquess #2)

A traditional Regency romance, drawing room rather than bedroom.

Lord Humphrey Marford has a way with cards, dice and gambling of all forms. He’d love to start his own gaming house, but that takes a lot of money, far more than he or his brothers can come up with. His only solution is to marry an heiress, and he can’t be too choosy.

Miss Hortensia Blythe seems perfect - pre
Published November 16th 2017 by Sutors Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Lord Humphrey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lord Humphrey

Virginia Tican
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When the 8th Marquess of Carrbridge died, his secrets in the form of his by~blows were slowly turning~up on the pages of the books comprising this series, aside from the half~brothers that have turned up so far (and what interesting and diversified specimens they turned~up to be with the unmistakable Marford nose, too). There were sundry other properties (be they estates or human) the deeds of such were mostly in the hands of the Marford agent except for the humans (daughters and/or retainers) w ...more
Kitcatscratch
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
My love of Kingswood novels started out a bit shaky with "Amy." I read it and was both simultaneously creeped out by it and loving it. So much so that when she started a new series, "The Woodside Sisters," I gave it a shot. And was I glad! I have thoroughly enjoyed each installment and eagerly await the next. Which led me to this series. I admit, I started with the first book and stopped. I just couldn't quite wrap my head around the tone of the book and wondered at how...well...I hate to say st ...more
lori huff
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great good fun

Like the first in this series, Lord Reginald, the characters in Lord Humphrey are people I would like to know. Although each of these brothers has some quirk or vice, they love their family and value decency and kindness. Lord Humphrey is a gambler, which in most other regency tales is a serious fault and nothing to be proud of. Humphrey owns up to it and looks on it as his way to make his way in life. He is calculating and has a goal of a business venture, but since the family is
Terry Southard
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoying this series greatly. We learn more about Mr. Sharp, but not enough yet. Merton continues to impress. I like the family.

Slightly less believable than the first one (but then do we really read Regency romances for BELIEVABLE?) Lord Humphrey is a lovable character, but slightly more cardboard-y than I found Reggie to be. But that may just be me. I still liked him. And Hortensia? A cool and collected almost modern-day woman, which is kind of weird in a Regency, but still a wonderful charact
Reader
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well, I am getting to really believe that Sons of the Marquess is not really about the sons but that they are just by-stories in the real story of the very clever and sharp estate agent Sharp. After all, whatever is happening with the boys, their stories are satisfactorily resolved at the end of each book but not Sharp's.

At the end of book 2, my questions are, what the dickens has Sharp and the eighth Marquess been up to? What the dickens is Sharp is up to now the eighth Marquess is dead? for h
Abby
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
By far my favorite of the Allamont-Marford bunch, and it's a guarantee that when reading a Mary Kingswood book your attention will be absorbed completely for a couple of hours.

This book featured the winningest couple so far, in my opinion, and by the end of the thing I was so genuinely invested in their relationship it almost shocked me. I've rooted for heroes and heroines before, sure, but something about this story and the panache and charming recklessness of the heroes drew me in 100%.

Very mu
Kim Underwood
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another triumph by Ms Mary Kingswood!!!!

A wonderful novel beautifully written! I truly enjoy Ms Kingswood engaging well written novels. I could not put the book down at all! A sweet wonderful and engaging story of two people meant to be together. I do love Ms Kingswood's work. Most highly recommended!!!!
kate
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Entertaining

A soft four. A little slow at times. Frankly the Marfor brothers are not the sharpest tacks. But overall they're nice honorable guys who have the knack of picking out women who can save them from themselves. True of most men I'm sure. An easy read if a little long.
Phylis
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lord Humphrey Sons of Marquess book 2 by Mary Kingswood is a wonderful story. It has some intrigue, a little mystery, and two very stubborn people that are perfect for each other. A stand alone yet part of a series. I liked this couple. ARC My free opinion. Thanks
Lillian Huffman
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bravo!!

I love how you flush out your characters so well. There is always more going on than just the main characters story. I'm eager to find out what Mr. Sharp is up to, and at the end of the series the mystery is solved. Thanks for such wonderful stories.
Lori A. Spaulding
Jul 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Highly imaginative plot

This is the first book by Mary Kingswood that I really didn't enjoy very much. The plot is so unlikely that I kept losing interest. All the rest of her novels I have loved. This one was only ok.
P Lynne Adams
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An Excellent Recency Writer

Mary Kingswood is a queen in Regency Romance. There's always an added intrigue in the story that keeps you hooked. The characters are so well developed and loved. Looking forward to reading all her books.
Jeanie's Kindle
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Magnificent

That is how Humphrey describes his true love but finding her is a puzzle and a gamble. She challenges him on every front intellectually, skilled even athleticism. What fun to find such a even match!
Tiffany
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another delightful regency. I like how it is a stand alone but there is still an overarching plot concerning Mr. Sharp. Kisses only and is clean but refers to mistresses and premarital relations.
Melanie
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book 2

Another great read in a series. The author provided great characters and plot. I hope book 3 goes as well.
Rose
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
A true romance

Mind candy with a little authenticity thrown in. I do appreciate the fact that the author incorporates traditional regency traditions and mores into the story.
Peni Chandler
Dec 09, 2017
Jane H. Ring
Jan 04, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Healers' Road (The Balance Academy, #1)
  • The Hollow Heart (The Heartfelt Series, #1)
  • The Hand of Andulain
  • The Rostikov Legacy (Malykant Mysteries, #1)
  • The Machine God (The Drifting Isle Chronicles #3)
  • A Case of Duplicity in Dorset (A Freddy Pilkington-Soames Adventure Book 4)
  • Seventh Night
  • From a Far Land (Jaben's Rift, #1)
  • Seeking a Scribe (Enchanted Bookstore Legend #1)
  • Watersmeet (Twelve Baronies #1)
  • The Duchess of the Shallows (The Grey City #1)
  • The Dragon’s Egg (Brightmoon, #6)
  • A Death In Beverly Hills
  • The Nullification Engine (The Alchemancer #2)
  • A Death Not Foretold (A Glenmore Park Mystery, #1.5)
  • The Girl on the Swing
  • Twiceborn Endgame (The Proving #3)
  • City of Silence (City of Mystery #3)
I live in the beautiful Highlands of Scotland with my husband. I like chocolate, whisky, my Kindle, massed pipe bands, long leisurely lunches, chocolate, going places in my campervan, eating pizza in Italy, summer nights that never get dark, wood fires in winter, chocolate, the view from the study window looking out over the Moray Firth and the Black Isle to the mountains beyond. And chocolate. I ...more

Sons of the Marquess (5 books)
  • Lord Reginald (Sons of the Marquess, #1)
  • Lord Augustus (Sons of the Marquess, #3)
  • Lord Montague (Sons of the Marquess, #4)
  • Lord Gilbert (Sons of the Marquess, #5)