Start by marking “Troubles (Beekman Hills, #1)” as Want to Read:
Troubles (Beekman Hills, #1)

Troubles

(Beekman Hills #1)

LISBETH RITTENHOUSE keeps her head down and works hard—she has goals, and nothing is going to stop her from achieving them—especially not a sexy Irishman. Because she knows that relationships only lead to trouble, and she’s had enough of that to last a lifetime.

AIDAN KEARNEY lands in the small town of Beekman Hills, New York desperate to outrun the grief of losing his brot
Published November 9th 2017 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Troubles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Troubles

Start your review of Troubles (Beekman Hills, #1)
Coco.V
May 30, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (5/30/2019)! 🎁
Heather M. Orgeron
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“Blood may be thicker than water, but love is thicker than anything.” <<-- LOVE THIS!

Lis has had it rough. She's been dealt a shitty lot in life, hurt by those who were supposed to love and protect her. I attached to her immediately and wanted to adopt her into my own family. What Lis lacks in familial ties, is fulfilled by friends who've taken her into their hearts and lives. There are no shortage of people looking out for her.

When Aiden, the swoony Irishman comes along, it's no wonder he too
Nicole Smith
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this one. It got tome emotionally. I really felt for Lisbeth. Life has knocked her down so many times, but she gets back up. She deserves a HEA. Aidan is a yummy Irishman who is great hero material. What won me over right away is the way he treats Lisbeth. I was rooting for these two right away. Though their journey is going to be bumpy the destination is worth it.
French Press Bookworm Blog

Sweet and all kinds of cute. I enjoyed reading this. Even with the predictable drama. I would have rated it night had their been more of a HEA and epilogue no needed more than just they ended up together. I want to know what their lie is like years later.
Deborah G.
This book began with so much promise. I liked the characters, the writing style was to my liking & I could see some complications developing to ensure an interesting storyline. For the most part all was moving along nicely & I was enjoying this.
Lisbeth (Lis) has separated herself from her family; a sister (Maryse) who stole her boyfriend & a mother who has always sided with said sister. Living with her roommate & best friend Gracyn, & having support from friends at a nearby pub, Lis has a new fa
KelMelTell BookBlog
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**also posted on Mel's personal GR profile**

First of all, WHOA! This book is KC Enders debut release and is nothing short of amazing!

You first meet Lis when she enters her good friend's Irish pub. There is a new guy working and she is drawn to him immediately. You see, Lis has a broken heart and a wall she has built around herself due to a broken heart. When the new guy, Aiden swoops in for the first time, you notice that the wall begins to crack.

Aiden is in town from Ireland and he notices Lis
Ana Rita
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a premier this book was... Jeez... It nailed it. KC Enders is the repossible and worthy of this compliment because her debut album is amazing. She's a new author to me and to several readers and we all have the same opinion. She is fantastic and this book showed just that. Her writing is simple, intense and hot when it needs to be.
Troubles is the book you must read and tells the stories of Lis and Aiden.
Lis is a sweet girl determined to succeed I life no matter what graduating and becoming
Hot KU Romance-Dani
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just finished this amazing debut novel by KC Enders. I felt all the things and highly enjoyed his beautiful story with an Irish twist. I even found myself reading it in my best Irish voice. lol This book made me feel swoony and stabby on so many levels that I couldn’t put it down, needing to know know how it would all play out. Not only was this a wonderful story but it shows just how much family and love isn’t made just of blood relation.

“Blood may be thicker than water, but love is thicker
Kate Farlow
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars

Y'all. This book.
A stunning debut packed with feels. KC manges to hook the reader from the first page, reeling them deeper with every word.
She's one to watch y'all and I, for one, can't wait to see what she does next.
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I absolutely LOVE this debut novel by KC Enders!!! I was instantly attached to this beautiful story and characters. The characters have a great chemistry and an amazing connection. The story flows nicely with a steady pace, it’s relatable, emotional, steamy, and sweet.

Both the story and Aidan were instant loves for me. I love his heart! He’s sexy, caring, sweet; perfect. I love that neither of them were looking for love but it found them. Lis has a sad past with her family and previous relation
Christy  (CaptainReadsALot
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
I loved this story. I loved the characters. I loved the setting and all of their friends and family and just almost everything.

The only thing that really threw me was that everything happened SO FAST. I wanted them to slow down and be together for longer than they were before committing the way they did.

But I very quickly fell in love with Aidan and his not OTT alpha-ness. I very quickly fell in love with Lis and her quirks and her drive. I fell in love with them as a couple and rooted for the
Debbie
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
KC Enders' debut novel introduces us to Lis, a student and bartender, who is on her own trying to deal with life. And we also meet Aidan, a sexy Irish bartender who is also a photographer and dealing with his own issues in life.

It's a sweet love story that definitely has bumps in the road, which makes it more like real life.

I can say I'm SO glad to see it marked as "Beekman Hills #1" because that tells me there is more to come, and it definitely left me wanting more.

Will definitely be on the loo
Mindy
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put down

This is a very good book. I could not put it down. Every page made you want to see what would happen next. The characters in the book made you feel like you were right there with them. Probably one of the best books I have read in a long time.
Jessica Cox
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Lisbeth last relationship ended it also ended her contact with her sister and mother. Yep, that bad, stabbed in the back by your own family, but they have always put her older sister above her. Moving on Lis is doing it on her own, college, working and she has a plan to get to be a nurse. Luckily Lis has an amazing best friend Gracyn who makes go out to their home town bar, who by the way is more family to her, She meets the new bartender. Aidan from Ireland has come to the States to get aw ...more
Pelusa Rivera
Nov 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Received an ARC at no cost to author on behalf of Enticement Journey Book Promotions. We meet poor Lis that has a horrible family, luckily the loved she lacked from her family she found in friends. Even though her life was rough, she has been able to survive, and then we meet Aiden, who is so captivated by her.. I will not give your more info, so that you can read! But it is a good love story. Enjoy!
Cortney Smith
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put it down

I loved this! It was very well written. It had me laughing and crying right along with the characters! I can't wait to read the rest of the series!
Somia
Jun 08, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Free on Amazon 8th June 2019
Melena Torretta
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
I love Lis and Aidan together!

Their book, Troubles, was a fun introduction to both of them, their friends, and the charming town they live in.

Aidan is just the right amount of supportive and caring, and I found myself rooting him on in his pursuit of Lis. He is a genuinely good guy who just wants the best for her.

Lis has been through the wringer. Her family life and last relationship were terrible, but she is working hard to make a better life for herself. She is just trying to do her best and r
Marie
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read the second book in this series, Twist, first and loved it so much that I had to read Troubles. As a debut novel this book is outstanding and KC Enders has become one of my go to authors.

Let’s talk about drool worthy Aiden, sigh. The man pulled on my heartstrings and well as made me fan myself with his Irish hotness. Trying to get over a family tragedy, he’s come to America. Francie welcomes him to McBrides with open arms.

Lisbeth is working through her own past troubles and has devoted her
nicandbooks
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love is thicker than anything

I had no expectations coming into reading KC Enders’ debut bowl Troubles- well except for knowing that there was a hot Irishman Aidan Kearney ready to sweep me (sorry Lis) off my feet 😉 And I was so pleasantly surprised by this sweet tale of finding love when you least expect it and learning that family is more than those you are related to.

I really connected to heroine Lis - the woman who has a plan, has her goals and doesn’t want to rely on anyone but herself. A
Meka R.
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aidan and Lis!😍

I found out about this book in a FB reader's group, and couldn't wait to one-click. I liked the story, the characters, and absolutely loved Aidan and Lis as a couple. From the moment he saw her, he was mesmerized. Nothing and no one could keep him from falling for Lis. I'm so glad she had friends who really looked out for her because her family sucks! Seriously, they are pure evil! At times, I wanted Lis to really let loose, and LET THEM HAVE IT! I was furious that she kept allowi
Lisa Hill
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Charming

This first story in the Beekman Hills series tells the story of Lisbeth and Aiden. Lis guards her heart so carefully after being betrayed by her former boyfriend. Aiden has arrived in the US from Ireland, running away from a family tragedy.

Aiden is smitten from the first glance and works so, so hard to win Lis over. She is fiercely protected by close friends and he endeavours to prove himself worthy. What that man won’t do for her! He is the quintessential charming Irishman, and his lov
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lisbeth Rittenhouse has too many hits in life to do anything else but keep her head down. Her longtime boyfriend broke her heart, while her family treats her like absolute garbage. Now, all she wants to do is graduate college early, and so she stays busy between classes, and work. Photographer Aidan Kearney leaves Ireland to get away from the pain of losing his brother, and ends up settling down in the small town of Beekman Hills, New York, getting a job as a bartender. He never believes that he ...more
Melinda Knight
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Aiden is in town from Ireland and he notices Lis and instantly wants to get to know more abou
Megan | A Page to Turn
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, adult
Troubles by KC Enders easily set the bar for the rest of her career as a writer. This phenomenal debut novel slowly crept it’s way into my top five of 2017. It’s not a book I had been anticipating and honestly, I went into it blind. I didn’t even know of KC until mid-october when I happened across her name on Facebook, in reader groups and such. I saw her sign ups for ARC’s and decided to give it a shot. I think I skimmed the description, saw Dublin and photographer, and was interested. I never ...more
Julie Ayling
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh wow! Talk about playing on my heartstrings.. first off I want to say everyone and I mean everyone deserves an Aiden!!! I fell in love with him reading the story....
I am so happy that I got to go on this journey with Lisbeth and Aiden... for me white grabbed me with how patient and loving and caring and devoted Eden was to Lisbeth , knowing by just watching her that he couldn’t go for force like a bull in a China shop with her he had to be slow and just to show her that he is there for her no
Britt The Hatters
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oooooh yes! Troubles is SO GOOD! Sweet and swoony with just a pinch of angst that keeps you absolutely glued to the pages it will completely melt you. Troubles is my favorite kind of romance. You’ve got the heart melting love, the lovely kind hearted heroine, the hero that is deliciously sweet and sexy, and fantastic friends who always have their backs. I loved this book!

Hardworking, kind, and smart Lis is making her way through college with no help from her family. What she lacks in good blood
Brandy Roberts
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow Troubles is crazy emotional I know I'll definitely read more books by K.C Enders in the future , you'll go through so many things while reading this by being happy , sad , angry , love and hate characters it just has everything . Ok the hero is freaking Irish and I'm a accent hoe (wink) with his brogue I was pretty much drooling the first time he's introduced .Lis has been through one of the worst betrayal so she's really guarded I liked her but wish that she would have put people in their p ...more
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, ku
This is phenomenal debut!!! From the very first page of this book, I was sucked in and couldn't put it down until I was finished.

Lis and Aidan have both experienced so much heartache before they met each other but the connection and chemistry they share begins to heal them both. Both have insecurities, both have barriers to overcome but from the second these two meet, you have no choice but to root for them to be able to overcome the obstacles to be together.

One of the amazing things of findin
Katharine OConnell
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing debut! I read this book practically in one sitting because I just didn't want to put it down. Lis and Aiden are a wonderful couple, and their story is unpredictable, swoonworthy, and sexy. Both of them have demons they're running from: Lis has a horrible family, and Aiden has suffered a terrible loss in his family. The way these issues play out in the book is both dramatic and realistic. It was wonderful to see Aiden recognize that Lis needed someone who would respect her drive f ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Let Me Fall (Let Me, #5)
  • His Best Friend's Sister (Devil's Rock at Whiskey River #2)
  • Falling for the Bad Boy (Bedtime Reads, #1)
  • Burndown (Nitro Crew, #1)
  • Rock Me (Bodyguard Bad Boys, #1)
  • Ryker (Kings of Korruption MC, #1)
  • Slow Burn (Into The Fire, #2)
  • Downshift (Skid Row Kings, #1)
  • An Unlikely Setup (Welcome to Otter Tail Book 1)
  • Play (Play, #1)
  • Just Roll With It (A Perfect Dish Book 4)
  • Reckless Kiss (White Rose Billionaires #1)
  • Hot Mess (Love is Messy, #1)
  • Love from Left Field (Knights of Passion, #2)
  • Smolder (Firefighters of Montana, #1)
  • Catch My Fall (Catch, #1)
  • Freeing his Mate (Shifter World: Shifter Affairs #1)
  • Summer Heat (Wild Pitch, #1)

Beekman Hills (4 books)
  • Twist (Beekman Hills, #2)
  • Tunes (Beekman Hills, #3)
  • Tombstones (Beekman Hills, #4)

News & Interviews