Start by marking “Moonlight And Midtown (Fairy Tales of the Magicorum #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Moonlight And Midtown (Fairy Tales of the Magicorum #1.5)

Moonlight And Midtown

(Fairy Tales of the Magicorum #1.5)

“Bauer’s unique voice blends magical fantasy, swooning romance, and a bucketful of teenage sass.” – Booklist

Years ago, Elle — never call her Cinderella — escaped her evil step family in order to build a new life for herself in Manhattan. Today, Elle’s awful past is a distant memory. In fact, Elle even attends West Lake Prep, an exclusive high school where regular humans mi
Published May 27th 2018 by Monster House Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Moonlight And Midtown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moonlight And Midtown

Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
*You can read my review of Book #1 Wolves and Roses here*

Moonlight and Midtown was a ton of fun and the perfect way to see what our favorite characters were up to. Ultimately we got to watch Bryar and Elle's shopping extravaganza and oh my gosh, it was action packed and a little bit crazy lol. But we also got to learn more about the world that they lived in and watch Bryar and Knox start to find their place in life. This novella was a quick, lighthearted read that left me feeling even more excit
Beth
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bryar Rose is adjusting to her new life now that she can shift. Shifting is the big problem, especially when her wolf pushes her to shift at the most inconvenient of times. This pushes Knox, Bry’s boyfried, to drastic measure to help Bry control her wolf.

Bry also goes on a shopping adventure to find the perfect outfit, a magical outfit, that will stay with her while shifting since she is exploding all her clothes. You never thought shopping was a dangerous adventure until you go with Bryar Rose.
Amy Leigh
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a bridge novella that takes place immediately after book 1 and leads you into book 2 of the Magicorum series. I highly recommend you read the first book before this one because this is a lighter read and so much happened in book one.

Bryar is fresh into her shifter powers and is trying quickly to learn how to control her wolf but is failing miserably. She and Elle have moved into a townhouse owned by Le Charme and now her boyfriend Knox, an alpha wolf, and Alec Le Charme are their neighbo
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
New to me author Ms. Bauer intrigues me. I generally avoid YA because in the past ten years, it tends to have such a toxic reader/reviewer/author environment. It saddens me because sometimes, there are gems like this little story that I would pass up and miss. This novella is intriguing as it hints of a tie ins to fairy tales I've enjoyed reading.

In this one, the focus is on Bryar Rose who is based off the sleeping beauty template. I have not read the first book in this series and now I'm think
Cheryl Whitty
This a novella set in The Fairy Tales of The Magicorum series, and takes place four weeks after Wolves and Roses. Bry's needs help train  her wolf  as in last book the spell that was put on Bry was released, all her magic was returned, and so was her Wolf much to her shock.
Unfortunately all her clothes and furniture is ruined. So all she wants is some new clothes and learn to control her wolf.
Knox is the one to help with the inner wolf, but a girl needs her girlfriend to go shopping.
This is an
Marie -The Reading Otter
Review:
I recieved this book from NetGalley for review.

This was a really enjoyable novella. I really like these characters, and the world it's set in. I wish it was longer, but the second book is coming out soon(ish) so I'm not too bummed that it's short.

(view spoiler)

I can't wait to
Nattycat
Jul 29, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the first book a lot more, but this one isn't bad. Didn't grab me as much as I would have liked, though that's more to do with the plot and not the characters. I still liked them a lot, especially Knox.

Also, I loved this: "Surprisingly enough, it's really cool to find out you have knights, even if they made up the title themselves and tell you about it while naked and covering their junk with bras."

Rather looking forward to book 2 when it comes out!
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
Moonlight and Midtown is a great novella filled with humor and mystery. Bryar Rose has come to terms with the fact that she is a shifter but she and her wolf have a few issues to work out still. The main one being that Bryar Rose’s wolf pops out whenever she feels like it and it is very inconvenient for Bryar Rose. The main inconvenience is that that since Bryar Rose has no control over the shifting, she does not have time to take off her clothes, which get destroyed when shifting and she has qu ...more
Shelley
3.0 Not sure if this story war necessary. Just a little intermission between now and the next installment.
Genevieve Eldredge
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this fun little jaunt back into the Magicorum world! Especially loved Bryar Rose having some girl time with her bestie, Elle (who by the way, is my favorite character.)

The idea of shifters with wardrobe issues is simply the best, and I love Bauer's ability to craft a practical problem with a supernatural solution. The sidebar charas are fun, and OMG, and Abe and Hollywood--could I love these two goofballs more? Also good to see Nyxa make a return.

Super fun and snarky! Not to miss!
Howie TheMonster
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fun novella featuring an unusual shopping day in Manhattan with Bryar Rose and Elle--don't call me Cinderella---which inevitably ends up combining fun and mayhem. Did I mention Knox is in this one too? He is. Don't miss this bridge novella between WOLVES AND ROSES and SHIFTERS AND GLYPHS.
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Bryar Rose is getting ready for a night out with Knox her new boyfriend or who her wolf calls mate. Bry is worried about their upcoming outing as she is worried about her wolf showing herself at inappropriate times. She doesn’t want her naked rear end to end up on Youtube. But not to worry Knox has a plan that can help Bry learn to tame her wolf.

Oh and with all this shifting Bry is almost out of clothes. Every time she shifts her clothes is destroyed. Bry and her best friend Elle has plans to go
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for providing me with an ecopy of this book in exchange for an honest review!

Find this review and more on my blog The Rest Is Still Unwritten!

Moonlight and Midtown by Christina Bauer is a fun but quick novella in the Fairy Tales of the Magicorum series that draws readers back into this magical world of mischief and adventure.

Having battled zombies, werewolves and evil aunties, Bryar Rose is ready for the next stage in her life which includes learning the
Eve (Functioning Insanity Reviews)

*I received an ARC in exchange for my honest review*

Rating: 5 Stars

This is a quick novella read that follows the events of Wolves and Roses and how things were left off. Bryar Rose is ready to enjoy her new life away from her evil aunties and her curse. She has a new man, who is literally her dream guy, and about to attend a regular school with her bestie. Sounds great. Accept her wolf side takes some effort to get used to and it has ruined her wardrobe.
Kim Dyer
Dec 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed-on-blog
Moonlight and Midtown is a cute and often funny little novella that bridges the gap between Wolves and Roses and its sequel. While the story does not really have a strong focus, it shows how Bry is struggling with her inner wolf, having little control over her changes. This, in turn, is causing her a great deal of worry. She does not want to leave the house in case she shifts and obsessive human fans (or "Howlers") manage to take a picture of her naked body.

The result is a fun story which largel
Felicitia
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an arc of this book in exchange of an honest review.
If you are hooked on the first book in this series, Wolves and Roses, and you just can't wait for the second installment, then this novella is for you!

Moonlight and Midtown is definitely a great bridge between the two books that can satisfy your cravings in meeting our amazing kick-ass characters in Magicorum again after the initial release. Yes, it is short but not to worry, it is still packed with all kinds of crazy action and adv
Mrs. Kenyon
May 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Bry is ready to finally attend a regular high school after years with the evil aunties. Or is she? She is still having trouble controlling her wolf and with the general public getting picture happy, the last thing she needs is to un-shift in the nude. Now Bry has a group of strangers following her around town and her best friend Elle is willing to help her confront them. Can Bry determine who these strangers are? Will the answers uncovered change how she looks at her future?

Moonlight and Midtown
Madalyn
May 23, 2018 rated it liked it
This Novella takes place after the first book and is meant to bridge the gap between Book 1 and 2. I thought this short story was very cute and fun and does a good job of taking us down from book1 and setting us up for book2.

Watching Briar Rose try to keep her inner wolf in check through out the story was a great and entertaining idea because, of course, after having been locked up all of Briar's life her wolfy side is bound to be a lot stir crazy and we get to see her and her friends deal with
Rachel de la Fuente
Nov 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Moonlight and Midtown was a fun, lighthearted read. Overall, the story is mostly fluff, not that there’s anything wrong with that.

However, I was rather confused as I read through it, because the story didn’t match the synopsis. There certainly weren’t any “mysterious strangers…following Bry across Manhattan.” NOTE: The Goodreads synopsis isn't correct, I'm referring to the synopsis on Amazon.

I also feel as though I got cheated out of an important part of the story at the end. I won’t share any s
-RadioactiveBookworm-
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Set four weeks after the last book, Bryar Rose is somewhat adjusting to her new form. But being a werewolf is tearing her room, and her wardrobe apart, quite literally. She's been locking herself in her apartment, so she doesn't hurt anyone when she shifts. This book is very short, and satisfied my need to know more about the series well.

Check out my full review here!

Jeraca
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, read-but-unowned
I received this free ARC from NetGalley. This is my honest review.

Bry and Elle are on a mission. But as usual, their mission is a bit risky...and dangerous. But that has never stopped these two in the past, so it's no different now.

When things get a bit hairy, though, Bry has to see if she has the ability to get herself out of her situation.

This was a great novella! It gave me just enough of Bry's story that made me want more! But it also satisfied my hunger for this series. I cannot wait for
Arlene Arredondo
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun fast read.
This story is focused on the inconvenience of transforming into a werewolf and back.
Bryar Rose has to adapt and control her inner wolf that has been dormant by a magic spell.
Her wolf form has shredded all her clothes while transforming, so her best friend Elle takes her to a shopping trip at the fairy stores that sales indestructible garments but the price might be to high.

Note: I received an ARC for review purposes and an honest and unbiased opinion.
Brittany Goodman
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

This is a good next step. It gives a few details to set up the next story. There is one big flaw. In the last book Bryar just turned 18. In this one she just turned 17. If you can ignore that discrepancy the story is great and continues o from the last book. And i love how the relationships seem to be progressing.
Amy
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
I received this book from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.

Another cute story. I like Bryar Rose and Knox. Fun story. I can't wait for the next one.

Bryar Rose is learning how to control all three types of magic she controls. But its a slow process. Fun to watch her learn.
April
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Entertaining continuation of Bryar Rose and Knox's adventures. Bryar is worried about shifting in public and she feels like she is being followed. Elle helps Bryar visit the fairies and find an unshreddable outfit.
Kathy Brickert
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute, funny

Nice addition to the series! Loved the sheep fae! This builds on the opening book with a small adventure in the series. More info into daily life for Bryar and Knox! Good read!
Adela
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The end!! Just the end. (That’s all I have to say.)
Donna
Sep 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Good book but too short! Why write it if it is only going to be a teaser?
Iris Willemse
Sep 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Love the story line, but the constant rehash of everything that happened in book 1 is annoying.
Lenni Jones
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: werewolves
Too short! I just want more!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Cover on Moonlight and Midtown 3 14 Nov 15, 2017 07:53AM
Christina Bauer thinks that fantasy books are like bacon: they just make life better. All of which is why she writes romance novels that feature demons, dragons, wizards, witches, elves, elementals, and a bunch of random stuff that she brainstorms while riding the Boston T. Oh, and she includes lots of humor and kick-ass chicks, too. Christina lives in Newton, MA with her husband, son, and semi-in ...more

Fairy Tales of the Magicorum (3 books)
  • Wolves and Roses (Fairy Tales of the Magicorum #1)
  • Shifters and Glyphs (Fairy Tales of the Magicorum #2)
  • Slippers And Thieves (Fairy Tales of the Magicorum Book 3)