Start by marking “Wish Me Love” as Want to Read:
Wish Me Love

Wish Me Love

Charlotte Wells does not date. After surviving a broken engagement, she’s taken a leave of absence from the social scene. So when her best friend and coworker, Jack, challenges her to get back in the game, she’s not so sure she’s ready to play. But ultimately, curiosity gets the best of her, and Charlotte accepts the daunting challenge: she will attempt to have fifty first

Published September 1st 2017 by Covenant Communications

Katie W
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Have you ever thought you knew exactly how something was going to go, only to be surprised when it doesn't work out that way at all? I thought I knew where the ending was heading, but then I got caught up in all of the surprise twists, especially when they were almost too crazy to be true.

The fun really starts when Charlotte and her best friend and co-worker, Jack, attend a Brazilian party and get these wish bracelets. Three wishes? No problem and Charlotte is shocked when most of them almost im
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 rounding up

First of all, I really love this cover. It's so bright and happy. And, like the character in this book, my grandma had lilacs in her yard and I loved them. I planted a lilac bush in my yard and it always reminds me of her.

I loved the characters in this book. I think Charlotte and Jack are fantastic and I would love to have them as my friends! They have so much personality and it's well defined so that I feel like I know them.

The book takes a location change to Brasil and it was f
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Be careful what you wish for! Wishes may come true and turn into the unexpected.

Charlotte and Jack are best friends and adorable. They are platonic, but you know that they shouldn't be. They are a perfect fit. But their relationship has never headed in that direction.

Charlotte's love life has been a disaster and she is reluctant to jump back into the dating scene. She would rather wallow in misery than put herself out there to have her heart broken. She make three wishes on a bracelet and her l
Kelly
Sep 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: clean-read, 2017, lds
I've been to Peru for a wedding (ok my daughter's) and had the same experience as Charlotte had with the people and culture and the people taking you to all the spots to experience the wedding in Brazil! So I got all into that and could see it there in my head really easily with the author's descriptions.

I loved Charlotte's cute home and her family. They are the real definition of a family.

The cover makes more sense now that I read the book. It's definitely Charlotte!!

My grandmother tell me thi
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
Wish Me Love by Michele Ashman Bell is a good choice for those days when you want a sweet, light read full of fluff and fun!

Charlotte and Jack are two best friends – Charlotte is still recovering from a badly-broken engagement while Jack and his fiancee are trying to nail down their own wedding plans. In an effort to detour Charlotte from the lonely path she’s currently on, Jack issues her a challenge: Go on fifty first dates. And let me tell you – those dates? Hilarious. Poor Charlotte. It’s re
Sydney
A cute, sweet, and funny romance! Review coming soon...
Bonnie
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was such a fun read. There were times I questioned why Charlotte and Jack didn't figure things out sooner, but I understood the reasons why. Then when Charlotte met Max . . . I was thrilled even though a part of me kept saying, "But he's not Jack." It is a darling story that anyone who loves a good, clean romance will love. I highly recommend it.
Rachel DeVaughn
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! Steady pace, lots of laughs, drama, and clean romance!

Charlotte and her friend Jack are very successful in their marketing jobs but Charlotte isn't so lucky in the dating department. Jack challenges her to go on 50 dates in hopes she will find "The One". Charlotte doesn't like dating after her best friend stole her fiancé years before. She's perfectly happy going to family gatherings, working, and hanging out with Jack and his fiancé Sylvia.

It was so funny reading
Janette
Oct 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Fun quick read. I liked the characters but I felt it was rushed and their feelings for each other sort of came out of the blue. I would have liked more hints of their feelings especially from Jack. I also feel it could have used an epilogue. I did enjoy reading it.
Molly
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Totally predictable but still absolutely adorable💕
Kathryn
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
A little predictable, but was an enjoyable journey to go on with the delightful characters of jack and Charlotte.

This is what you hope all your children will fond is their best friend in their partners
Peggy
Nov 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lds-fiction, romance
Predictable but cute. And unrealistic that that didn't recognize they were in love with each other. But the description of the "first dates" was hilarious.
Miriam
Nov 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, kindle, religion
Sheila
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a cute book. I liked the main character Charlotte and her friend and co-worker Jack. Right from the beginning I loved their friendship and couldn't wait to read the chapters where they were together. As Charlotte was dating other guys I felt bad for her as every guy just turned out to be "Mr. Wrong". Even when she goes to her cousin's wedding in Brazil and starts falling for the grooms brother, something was off.

It was fun to read about Charlotte's vacation to Brazil but it's funny how
Tenille
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun story of moving on and finding true love. I enjoyed it except I felt the ending was rushed.
Lydia
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Delightful story of learning who your soul mate is. I loved the collection of horrible dates and experiencing Brazil.
Heather
Oct 21, 2017 rated it liked it
It was a cheesy LDS romance. Predictable, but loved the different blind dates! They were hilarious! Everyone seemed a little too well to do, with no real worries for money, hard to relate to, everyone gets a paradise wedding... I wish. Still cute story.
Sharon
Oct 23, 2017 added it
Loved, loved, loved this book!!!! A great read, I loved the characters. It was fun to watch two people fall in love and not know it.
Charity Jacob
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my, this was a good book. Michele Ashman Bell took me on a great adventure to the land of Brazil and romance, not to mention some hilarious first dates. Don’t miss out on this adventure. I loved every moment of this book and it deserves your attention. Now if I can find me a Jack or a Max I’d be happy.
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sweet, funny contemporary romance.
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
Did you ever have a blind date or a date that was so bad, you can remember it to this day? Have you ever had your heart break in a relationship? I am sure that most of us can respond to one if not both of the questions over the life of our dating relationships while trying to find that happily ever after we all want. In the novel Wish Me Love by Michele Ashman Bell, Charlotte Wells has been dealing with the heartbreak of her ex boyfriend and ex best friend. Seems like when she was looking forwar ...more
Cathy
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. Goodness! This book was exactly what I was hoping for when I picked it up. It's a light romance that made me fall in love with the main characters and hope for their lives would turn out all right in the end. Plus there's plenty of humor and fun along the way. And isn't this just the most perfect cover ever!

I loved Charlotte. She was such a fun character to be able to see this plot through. I loved that she is a bit naive, while still already having dealt with the breakdown of an engagem
Nicole
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Abbie Butcher
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Julie
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. The main character's experiences on a trip to Brazil had great detail. I liked that although she was looking for love, it ended up she had love with her best friend who was engaged at the beginning to someone else. I like the way this author writes and keeps your interest throughout the story.
Joanna Gull
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I was lucky enough to get an advance copy of this and I LOVED IT SO MUCH!!! Thank you so much Michele for writing this book, i now would like to go to North America and try all the food there.
Jenny
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a fun read! It made me want to visit Brazil.
Anna
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Leslie
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love the cover and the fun description. This was an easy read that I finished in a day. I loved Charlotte and Jack and how well of a team they make. The wishing bracelet was a cute idea but weren't the wishes supposed to come true once it fell off? Her first two happened within days of getting the bracelet. Whereas Jack's was ripped off way earlier and I expected his story to go down south really fast after that.

When they were in Brazil, it was fun and different but I felt like it was too much t
Tausha
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was such a cute story. It was one that had me wanting to get back to it as quick as I could. In my mind I thought I knew how it would turn out...and it did...sort of. You go through so many ups and downs of different relationships with Charlotte knowing truly who she needs to end up with but not sure how it will happen. I did end up feeling let down at the end. It just seemed to end so abruptly...I don’t want to give it away but even though it turned out like I’d hoped, it was an about face ...more

• Southern Charmed
  • Discovering Peace
  • Family by Design
  • Reality Check
  • Wishing on Baby Dust
I grew up in St. George, Utah, where a lot of my family still lives, but now reside with my husband and family in the Salt Lake City area. My favorite thing to do is support my kids in their many interests. Between basketball, ballet and piano lessons we squeeze a lot into a week, but I wouldn't have it any other way.