Start by marking “Let Me In (The Ink Well Chronicles #1)” as Want to Read:
Let Me In (The Ink Well Chronicles #1)

Let Me In (The Ink Well Chronicles #1)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  46 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Love

It was something I thrived on once. Something that I longed to have in my life every day, and when I found it at a young age, I clung to it. I snatched up the boy as fast as I could, intending to make him mine forever.

Commitment

I never expected my marriage to turn out the way it did. I never expected for my husband to let me go. For that love that I had invested in
Published September 24th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Let Me In, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let Me In

Nathalie
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ARC received for an honest review

Say a big welcome to brand new author Jordan Bates, as her debut novel will knock you off your feet and break your heart in the process. The Inkwell Chronicles is going to be a series to keep an eye on.

In this first book, we meet Alexa, who just got her dream job working at a publishing company, and Max, owner of said company.

What I love most about this book is that Max squirms his way into the reader's heart, just like he squirms his way in to Alexa's. Also the
Portia Lynn (itsportiasbooks)
Okay yall. It's time for me to write this very late (sorry, Jordan!!!) review for Jordan Bates debut novel!!

I have been so worried about writing this, simply because I feel like I wont have the right words to express how much I love it, and how great the writing is. It always impress me when I have the opportunity to read someones debut novel, especially when I get to experience early insight and get to watch the story grow along the way. So I might be extra attached to Max and Alexa. <3

Ale
Haley Brewer
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Its funny how your life can change within the blink of an eye.

Alexa is on a new journey; recently moved, starting a new job, and reunited with her best friend, what more could a girl need.... Sounds perfect, right?

Sometimes our journeys in life throw twist and turns that we don't expect... Sometimes those twist are completely life changing and there is nothing we can do about it but hold on for the ride.

My favorite type of character are the ones that are beautifully broken. The ones that have
Dyllan Erikson
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Going into this, I had no idea what to prepare for. Would this be a traditional love story? Would there be angst? Anger? Sorrow? Somehow, Jordan Bates took a twist on love that I hadn’t experience before. Alexa is married, Max is irresistible and beautiful and intense. Alexa personifies the wonder in finding who you really are even if you’ve already been on a path for so long, being able to take the reigns of her life and move forward. I won’t lie there is definitely angst, heartache and sadness ...more
Pauline
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a brand new author with what seems to be the first in a new series and you can sign me up right now! Loved this book, the way the writing flowed, the plot moved swiftly and the characters were developed and I felt a connection to Alexa and Max. Alexa's life seems to be pretty much on track, married to her high school sweetheart, moved to a new city with her dream job and close to her best friend. When her life implodes, she turns to her boss, Max, to help her through. I am definitely loo ...more
Michelle Heron
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2017
5/5 Stars

I absolutely loved Let Me In!
You guys Jordan Bates' debut novel is so sweet and good I'm honestly sad I finished it.

My heart literally for Alexa broke and everything she had to deal with, I can't believe Adam strung her along like that and then the way he planned on telling her his big secret. Horrible!

And Max! I love reading a book with a strong male character who's not afraid to share their feelings no matter how risky it might be. I loved how he stood by Alexa when Adam came to con
Roanne Germaine
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
LET ME IN is Jordan Bates' debut novel, a poignant contemporary office romance about an editor and her boss. Max fell in love with Alexa at first sight. But she was a married woman then. It was only when her marriage was shattered before her very eyes that he strengthened his decision to make her his. It took a lot for her to let him in. But Max showed her that he was always there for Alexa, and that she deserved all the love he could give.

Max was depicted as a playboy at first but in turned ou
Nicole Lloyd
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Let me in had me hooked from the very beginning. Alexa and Max are instantly hooked, but there is a catch. She's married, for now. Max knows she's the one, and is just waiting for his chance. And once he gets it, he pulls out every trick to show her what love is. But Alexa is hiding one huge secret. Can this secret break Max's heart? One click this amazing book to find out. Let Me In was a absolutely amazing debut book for Jordan Bates. I can't wait to see what's next for Jordan.
R.P. Fischer
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When life throws you a curveball that you could have never imagined in a million years, what would any sane person do? They would surround themselves with those who care about them.
Through the good times and bad, Max's sheer love and friendship shines through. Watching Alexa grow as an independent yet loved woman was a pleasure to read through this debut novel.
Highly recommend this read by Jordan Bates if you're looking for love, drama, and a man who pushes past all the walls.
Annie Reynolds
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Ink Well runs deep

Well done Jordan! You beautiful and brave soul.
So many love stories entwined in these characters, can't wait to meet them.
Stacy Aube
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received and voluntary reviewed an ARC of this book.

WOW what a way to start out. So proud of you Jordan this is a exciting new journey you are taking us on. Alexa and Max are both frustrating and loveable characters. When the attraction is so strong can you really fight it and win? Alexa is one strong woman who has been broken in the worst way, what will it take to make her trust again?

Again a wonderful story. I can't wait for the rest of the series. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of y
Lia
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A novel that leaves you wanting more at the end of each chapter, Let Me In features two stunning characters who engage your heart in a whole new
Robin Dix
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think anyone would be amazed to know that Jordan Bates is a first time author. You would never guess this after reading this book. The characters were very well defined and the plot flowed freely. I was hooked from the start and read almost the entire book in one sitting. I appreciate that the book can act as a stand alone but look forward to reading the next book in the series. This is a must read!
Jasmina
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books
This story is so sweet, well Max is. He is so good, understanding and he is determined to get his woman from the moment that he meet her.

Alexa is married with the her high school sweetheart but when she moves to another city for her new job everything changes.
When she first meet Max, she feels something between them. But she in loyal to her husband.

But one day everything changes and she runs to the person whom she feels most safe.

It is a book that just melt my heart, well Max did. How he fight
Annmarie
Sep 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance

In Let Me In, Alexa had a fresh start with a new job, in a new city. After years of putting her needs, wants, and dreams in the back burner Alexa got to start her career. This fresh start included friendship.
Let Me In had great character introductions. Minor and main characters included important and relevant growth that added to the story line.

However, I felt the relationship moved too quickly and the instant connection caught me off guard. The way Adam handled the situation with Alexa was une
Mary Mccormack
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a copy for an honest review review and I have to say I am really happy I did! Jordan is a new author to me that I heard about through I heard about through a reading group I am in and wow just... wow. The twists in the book will make your head spin and the emotional roller coasters will make you want to strangle some of her characters! Life is always changing and for Alexa it has had some major emotional effects as it has, but nothing quite prepares her for what happens when she moves ...more
Noemi Rivera
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Madonna Blackburn
Sep 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Let Me In by Jordan Bates

This is the debut novel from this author and the first book in The Ink Well Series.
I do have to say at the outset that this story was not fully to my liking, however, that is not to say that others will feel the same. If you are someone who likes drama filled dialogue & uber angsty characters then you will like this story....there was just too much of it for me.
The first quarter of the book went along quite well, but then the story took a turn that to me was just pl
Alexis Krobatsch
Oct 10, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a cute read. All of the elements for a solid romance novel were there but it was a little disjointed and choppy. You will get the gist of the heart of the story, and that makes it enjoyable. However, there was a lot of story that was glossed over. Points, issues, and bits of storyline were left to the imagination but could have solidified this as a great read.

Alexa has moved to Atlanta, Georgia to start a new life with her husband. She's got a job she likes and is excited for him to fi
Laurie Beemer
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a freaking fantastic book from a debut author. I am so impressed with the writing and the plot of this book, and fell in love with the characters from the very beginning. This book takes your on a rollercoaster ride that you just never know when it will end. Just when it seems like you are heading in one direction you quickly turn somewhere else. When life throws several curve balls, a person cannot help but feel out of control and confused. It takes a strong person to realize not every thi ...more
Mary
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Alexa moves from California to Atlanta, GA for her husband's job but comes before him so she can get settled. And does she!
This is story of new chances, new adventures, new love.
It's a lovely, quick read, with a great pace. You'll enjoy the liveliness of Alexa's work and personal life. Jordan Bates does a great job of giving enough detail that you can really see what the environment is like - like when Alexa moves in with her friend Lilly and they are going through the box of dishes and such f
Brandie Breaux
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a great debut novel for Jordan Bates! I absolutely loved the characters. Alexa was everything you want a heroine to be in any romance novel while being just a little bit confused at the same time. Her strength was amazing to read though. Throughout the crap hands she was dealt, she never wavered in who she was or her strength to get through it. Max was just the perfect swoon-worthy hero. I couldn't have imagined a more perfectly written guy for Alexa. Their interactions were perfect and ...more
Kacie
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This booked sucked me in, I read it in one sitting! I loved the story and the characters with the exception of Adam. Alexa had to endure a lot of crap, but I love that even in the beginning, she knew Max would always be there to protect her. Max is the epitome of a perfect book boyfriend. I like the quick and easy friendship Alexa had with Erica. Alexa has my dream job! I cannot wait to read about Lilly and Greg.
Kelly
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was unputdownable!!! I loved it and definitely stayed up late to keep reading it. I was so drawn into the world of Alexa, Max and everyone at the publishing company.
Brooke Parker
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This debut novel by Jordan is a beautifully written love story of overcoming brokenness and trusting again. The characters are realistically flawed and draw you into the story immediately. Jordan provides just the right amount of angst, sadness and heartbreak that keeps you coming back for more. I couldn't wait to see what would become of Max and Alexa. Other than a few small typos here and there, I really enjoyed this read and look forward to her next book!
Megan Allen
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Bates did an amazing job with Let Me In! I like to think of this book as a "second chance romance" being that Alexa, the heroine, is getting a new start to her life and a second chance at love. Alexa is such an inspiration! She picked up the peices of her broken heart and gave herself the life she always wanted after it seemed that she was destined to just settle and never truly be happy. It was refreshing to read about a woman with so much drive and ambition creating her happily ever after!
Shannon
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wow
Dynamic Debut

Jordan has a great way of telling this story.loved every minute of this read! Can't wait to see what else she offers us as readers!
April Raine
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great debut novel full of drama, heartache, and angst but also love, passion, and friendship! Looking forward to the next book to see what these characters all get up to next!!
Dalia