Start by marking “Marek (Cold Fury Hockey, #11)” as Want to Read:
Marek (Cold Fury Hockey, #11)

Marek

(Cold Fury Hockey #11)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  2,474 Ratings  ·  431 Reviews
When the Carolina Cold Fury’s hottest young star gets blindsided by an ex with a scandalous secret, it’s game on.

“One of the best voices in contemporary romance.”—New York Times bestselling author Lauren Layne

Marek Fabritis is used to delivering blows, not receiving them. But when he gets tipped off by an anonymous email about his ex-girlfriend, the news leaves him ice col
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 226 pages
Published May 22nd 2018 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Marek, please sign up.
Peggy Lithuanian father and American mother

Christy
Apr 02, 2018 rated it liked it
3 stars!!

description

I'm a huge fan of Sawyer Bennett's 'Cold Fury' series. I mean, I've read all 11 of these books, that should tell you something! After reading Reed, I was especially excited to get my hands on Marek. I love the fact that Marek just found out about his daughter and couldn't wait to see him as a dad.

Lilly was by far my favorite part of this story. I adored her! I think both of her parents loved her very much, but aside from that, they both frustrated me to no end. I can deal with one of
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I can never allow myself to forget what caused the rift between Marek and me in the first place He left me. He decided he didn’t love me anymore. He wanted a life without me. A life with other things that weren’t me.

The Cold Fury Hockey still remains one of my favorite Sawyer Bennett series! I can’t believe it’s been four years since "ALEX" was released and we’re up to the eleventh book!! I hope it never ends. I was worried for a while that
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
May 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

I don't even know where to start with this review. I've read a lot of Sawyer Bennett books and most of the Cold Fury series and many I enjoyed a lot. The last I read in this series, Van, is one of my favorites but this one is a tough one. I can't say I didn't enjoy it at all - I read Marek in a day so I was pretty invested. My issues come from the characters in this story.

Gracen and Marek used to be in love. They had everything and everything pointed toward a rich life
Elizabeth
"I can never allow myself to forget what caused the rift between Marek and me in the first place."
description

Marek is the eleventh book in the Cold Fury Hockey Series. I know what you may be thinking about eleven books? How could this series still be going strong? Two words for you HOCKEY GODS! The Cold Fury Hockey Team is full of alpha male hockey players and their spunky counterparts. At the end of the last book Reed, we learned that Marek has a daughter from his first love. With such an explosive disc
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 “You’re My Everything” Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Marek Fabritis is a hockey player for The Cold Fury in North Carolina. He enjoys being single, and spends a lot of his time on the road with his team. Suddenly his life is turned upside down when he finds out he has a three year old daughter named Lilly he knew nothing about. His ex-girlfriend kept her a secret, and he's hurt. He wants to get to know Lilly, and the only way to have a relationship with her is for her to come to NC. He has a
Wendy'sThoughts
Apr 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Sawyer Bennett Fans, Hockey, Romance
3.5 Letting Go Of the Pain Stars
* * * 1/2 Spoiler Free- It's LIVE!!!
We humans are a complicated bunch. We have all of these desires and emotions and we are supposed to be able to handle them without hurting the ones we love...Easier said then done...

Sawyer Bennett uses her 11th entry of the Cold Fury Hockey Series to take on how hard it is to let go of past hurts and betrayal. She uses Marek's and Gracen's painful past and guilt ridden present to illustrate how very complex relationships can be.
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Apr 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, arc, sports
I'm a huge fan of this series from Sawyer Bennett so it pains me to admit that Marek's story was a struggle for me.

First let me say you can normally read these as a standalone but I didn't read the previous book and I believe I missed the beginning of Marek and Gracen's story because of it. You do learn real quick what happened, but I do wish I had read Reed's book first.

You also learn in the blurb that Marek finds out he has a three year old daughter he never knew about. This book deals with
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I liked this book but I do have to say that it is my least favorite book in the series so far. I was really excited about this book from the set up of the story that occurred in the previous book in the series, Reed. This book is the eleventh book in the series but it would read perfectly well as a stand alone because everything that is important to the story is included in this volume. That being said, the previous book got me reall
~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~
Marek is the 11th book in the Cold Fury series (Can you believe it ? 11th book!? And I read them ALL! ) I was waiting non-too-patiently for this one after the way it ended in Reed. Marek literally kidnapped Gracen and her 3 years old daughter to avoid her getting married with someone he dislikes.
To me Marek acted like a huge D-bag because of his manwhore ways! He dropped his long-time girlfriend to live a great life as a hockey player but then he decide to let her no choice to live with him beca
Dali
Sawyer Bennett’s latest installment in her Cold Fury Hockey series —Marek— delivers a heartwarming story about forgiveness and second chances.

Marek Fabritis got everything he ever wanted. The fame and fortune an NHL career affords him along with a hoard of fawning fans. But when he decided to stop his ex-girlfriend’s wedding to a douche canoe and take both her and the three-year-old daughter he didn’t know he had, he needs to face the fact that his life has tilted on its axis and that his job i
Tpagirl
Marek was the eleventh book in Sawyer Bennett’s Cold Fury series. Marek was a professional hockey player. We were introduced to Marek and Gracen’s history in book ten, Reed.

Marek and Gracen have a three year old daughter that Marek never knew about. Apparently Marek broke up with Gracen after his graduation as he was entering the NHL draft. In Reed, Marek learned of Gracen’s upcoming wedding and showed up to stop it, while simultaneously learning about his daughter, Lilly.

I loved the second chan
Nadine
May 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, hockey, sports
3 Stars

The more books are published in this series, the more the question comes up when to stop. Don't get me wrong, Marek is a solid book, a solid love story, but there's no difference to the last 5-8 books before.

All the books in this series are well written and they are nice, but they are far from being special. That was quite different at the beginning of the series. The first four books are great and not just written to publish anything.

I'm almost sorry to say it like that, but the last
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

We're back with the hotties from the Carolina Hockey team!

MAREK.

In the last book he found out that his ex is getting married to the biggest idiot in their home town. He ran back home to stop the wedding. And bam. Suddenly he finds out he has a three year old daughter. Lilly.

Gracen never told him about her because he left to concentrate on becoming a famous hockey player.

But three years are enough time without his kid. He packs up Gracen and Lilly and takes them home with him.

Gracen is happy abou
A Klue
Make no mistake, folks, I can’t remember the last time the male leading role in a book made me so mad I wanted to cause him bodily harm. Though Marek left Gracen four years ago after being her first love/hot and heavy boyfriend for five years so he could live a life of fame and fortune free of any/all responsibility, he hatefully, hurtfully berates her countless times for not contacting him to let him know he was a baby daddy. Gee, I wonder why she didn’t think he wanted any part of that role, f ...more
Heroesinbooks
3 Marek and Gracen Stars

I enjoyed this book but it wasn't my favourite in the series. I think if I had never read any of the others then I may have given it a higher rating but compared to the stories of some of the other earlier couples, I felt it fell a bit short. The key reason for this was the ending felt rushed and for most of the book Marek seems so conflicted about his feelings for Gracen.

If you enjoy second chance romance's (I do) and secret baby's (I don't mind that) then this is a gre
Nicolette (FallingOverBooks)
ARC received thanks to publisher & Netgalley.

I love this series so much.
Carvanz
Gracen is rescued from an unwanted marriage when Marek virtually kidnaps her and takes her to his home. Along with their daughter, Lily, he had not known about. They are both harboring seething emotions. Gracen for the way he dumped her years ago because he loved hockey more than her as well as wanting his freedom and Marek because she never told him she was pregnant and has kept his daughter from him for the last three years.

This couple had a lot of issues to work out as they both suffer guilt
Denise - Shh Mom's Reading®
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars https://amzn.to/2KNsrwL

I am not sure where to start with this one... though it may make sense to start with Marek is Sawyer Bennett at her best... romance, heat and deep emotions!

Marek is a second chance romance story, a second chance where each party has wronged the other, truly deeply wounding the other.

Marek Fabritis broke Gracen Moore's heart when he dumped her to be "free" after being drafted into the NHL. Gracen has been harboring a secret, one that made for the best few chapters
Rejane
May 19, 2018 marked it as nope
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
*I received a free copy of [title] from [publisher] via Netgalley. This has in no way influenced my voluntary review, which is honest and unbiased *Marek was a really good second-chance-at-love story, and I really enjoyed getting to know the background for his and Gracen's break-up.

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews
Story:
I have to say that in the beginning of the story, Marek acted like a jerk. There really is no other word for it - and while I could totally unde
JG ~ Jezabell Girl & Friends

Such an enjoyable and easy to read series.

It difficult to keep finding superlatives to do this series justice. I am continually drawn to these novels because I can enjoy the stories without being weighed down in drama and emotional baggage. I know what to expect each time I start one of the Cold Fury books despite having widely different characters in each book. The stories are not overly long and drawn out, satisfy my passion for sports romance stories, although the hockey theme is starting to
RentasticReads
4.5 Lilly Bug stars

Right when that bomb dropped at the end of Reed’s book, I knew I wanted to get my hands on Marek’s story right away. It certainly left me curious as all get out, wondering what happened and why suddenly he has a daughter he never knew about.

“Let go, Gracie. Just let go and fall with me.”

Marek is the kind of second chance romance that has my heart melting all over the place. It might’ve been years since he and Gracen last saw each other—they might’ve not ended that relati
1-Click Addict Support Group
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Anger haunts this second chance…

Ever since Marek and Gracen’s relationship popped up earlier in this series I have been eagerly waiting the telling of their story. Nothing like crashing a wedding to get my attention!

“I might be pissed at her a good chunk of the time, but I’m still attracted to her 100 percent of the time.”

This author knows how to spin an emotional tale and just because this story is the eleventh in this series, does not mean the gut punches are any lighter. Marek was devastate
Nadine Bookaholic
Marek has been a total playboy and hockey god since he left his one true love, Gracen, behind four years ago. Now that she is back in his life and his world has been turned upside down with the knowledge that he is a father and she kept his daughter from him, can he see past the rage to grasp onto something he so desperately wants? While this may be a second-chance-at-love story it is so much more because now we have beautiful three and a half year old Lilly at the center of it all.

You can see m
book bruin
Apr 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Cold Fury is one of my favorite sports romance series and I was really excited to read Marek after finishing Reed. This second chance/secret baby romance had me feeling all the feels. Marek is book 11 in the interconnected stand alone Cold Fury series, and can be enjoyed without reading the previous books.

I really wanted to love this one and it did get me very emotional, but I just couldn't connect with both Marek and Gracen. Marek especially infuriated me with his immature behavior and his hot
Janey
May 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: may-2018
The latest focus of the Carolina Cold Fury team is Marek Fabritis, who we saw was on a mercy mission at the end of Reed.

Marek receives word that his ex, Gracen Moore, is due to marry, so he makes the trip to save her from her mistake only to find he has a 3 year old daughter, Lilly, he was totally unaware of.

Making a snap decision, he brings them both back home without really thinking any further. What ensues is a battle for their normal, and maybe a possibility of a future.

I’ve had my favourite
Hms
Jun 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I would say a 2.5. I respect her as a writer but I'm starting to believe that she "calls it in" while getting her hair done.
Like the still intact spray paint on the side walk outside my apartment, Sorry Not Sorry Thanks Demi! for the inspiration.
Sawyer Bennett is a predictable writer. Quelle suprise! But Marek was a complete di** and I ended up liking him, a bit, not a lot but a bit
SB starts with a player, who has a whorish past, and gets whipped by a woman. Sooooo, what is new here you ask? I
Irene
4 stars

Firstly I want to say how much I love author Sawyer Bennett. I love her words and her Cold Fury Hockey series is one that I highly recommend to any sports loving romantic.

Marek is an entertaining and well written second chance love story that kept me turning the pages until the end.

Watching Marek and Gracen reconnect had me frustrated, smiling, swooning and then back to frustrated again. These two certainly have a lot going on and the road to happily ever after does not come easily.
In th
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)

"I love it when you think you're actually in control, Gracie."

I'm a huge fan of the #ColdFuryHockey series and I love it when I get to see the #HockeyHunks I've come to know and love in previous books. In this one, I enjoyed spending some more time with Reed & Josie.

Marek & Gracen were high school sweethearts. She thought their love was forever, at least until he left her to pursue his NHL career and to find out what he'd been missing. He broke her heart and forced her to rewrite her
Nadine Bookaholic
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's hard to believe that Marek is the eleventh book in the Cold Fury Hockey Series by Sawyer Bennett, but it is and what's even better is that each book has it's own independent story line with the connection of each male lead is a member of the team. I have enjoyed the entire series and while each book can be read as a standalone I would highly suggest you read Reed first because part of Marek's story begins there.

Since the release of her debut contemporary romance novel, Off Sides, in January 2013, Sawyer Bennett has released multiple books, many of which have appeared on the New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestseller lists.

A reformed trial lawyer from North Carolina, Sawyer uses real life experience to create relatable, sexy stories that appeal to a wide array of readers. From new adult

Cold Fury Hockey (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Alex (Cold Fury Hockey, #1)
  • Garrett (Cold Fury Hockey, #2)
  • Zack (Cold Fury Hockey, #3)
  • Ryker (Cold Fury Hockey, #4)
  • Hawke (Cold Fury Hockey, #5)
  • Max (Cold Fury Hockey, #6)
  • Roman (Cold Fury Hockey, #7)
  • Lucas (Cold Fury Hockey, #8)
  • Van (Cold Fury Hockey, #9)
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)