Start by marking “Deine letzte Nachricht. Für immer.” as Want to Read:
Deine letzte Nachricht. Für immer.

Deine letzte Nachricht. Für immer.

Die letzten Worte, die wir von einem geliebten Menschen erhalten, gehören zu den Erinnerungen, die uns am meisten aufwühlen.

Nach Ich wollte nur, dass du noch weißt ... erscheint nun auch die Internetsensation The Last Message Received der jungen Amerikanerin Emily Trunko als Geschenkbuch. Diese Sammlung vereint die emotionalsten Textnachrichten des Tumblr-Blogs, wunderschö
Published September 18th 2017 by Loewe (first published January 10th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Deine letzte Nachricht. Für immer., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deine letzte Nachricht. Für immer.

Start your review of Deine letzte Nachricht. Für immer.
Sheri
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, 2018
Words have power and last words even more so. The messages seen here will anger, sadden, and haunt you; others will make your heart swell with love and pride. A quick read with a lasting impact.
Jon Nakapalau
Truly one of the most heartrending books I have read this year; the last text someone sends you before they die, break-up with you or commit suicide. This book will make you want to hug everyone you care about as you tell them how much you love them.
Misty
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very quick read. These messages are a mixture of love, heartbreak, anger, sadness....the messages were pretty self explanatory with a little footer at the bottom of the page for some. Reading these messages really makes you stop and think. This was way too quick of a read and I wish there were more messages to read.
jordan!
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
that was one of the most painful things i've ever read.
April
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an artistic format for a few dozen heartfelt "last messages" from the popular tumblr of the same name. Last texts received (or last words heard) are displayed with various accompanying illustrations and with differing fonts. Most are sad, down-right depressing or at least bittersweet as submitters focus on lost relationships, broken friendships, loved ones lost to suicide. But the overall effect is cathartic, a reminder that in your deepest sadness you're not alone. Letters at the back b ...more
Teresa
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This caught my eye in the new release section of the library. It's based on the author's Tumblr, where people send in the last message they ever received from someone. Some of these messages are very sad. Luckily, this is not a depressing book because each message is just one illustrated page, so you don't have to dwell on it too long. And there is a nice section in the back where people wrote in to thank the author and tell her how much reading the messages made them feel less depressed/suicida ...more
Casey
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, nonfiction, teen
Quick and powerful. I haven't read the Tumblr so these were all new to me. The breakup posts got a bit repetitive though it's understandable why there were so many. The most powerful to me were the horrible things parents said to their kids. When you have a child you are signing up for loving unconditionally forever. Love can mean hard choices but never means saying these hateful things. The graphic art added to the emotional impact.
Jio
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Last Message Received Tumblr was one of my "go to" sites during my long period of inactivity. Misery loves company, as people would say. The book, though short as it is, was heartbreaking and touching at the same time.

I have always believed that human beings 'crave' closure and seeing a lot of people (in the book, that is) do not get this closure... had a ton of impact. Life is messy but that does not mean we have to stop marching on...
Lauren
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Mostly filled with depressing scenarios but it covers an important, fairly "modern" topic in terms of final text messages. This is the age where someone's exact final words to you can be saved by technology. Whether saving the final message from a best friend that died, a text breaking up with you, or the text that signified the end of a friendship, this is something everyone can relate to.
Britt Blythe
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
While I have never seen the Tumblr that started this, nor have I experienced the majority of devastating situations in this book, it'll hit you right in the feels. It may trigger a lot of people to be reminded of tragedies in their life, but it also helps to let you know you're not alone.
Odette Brethouwer
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
This book was heartbreaking and touching. it makes you aware of the fact that you are not alone.

Sometimes, it is as beautiful as movies or books, sometimes it is as raw as life can be.

it is lovely to see in the back what this has ment for people. This book can help people.

I loved it.
Candace
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just loved this so very much. Short, sweet, impactful. Perfect.
Bianca
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4, nonfiction
You were always my sky. But I was just another star in yours.
Angela Hursh
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much better than "Dear My Blank." Sad, funny, heartbreaking anonymous last messages from all kinds of situations. Life is messy, people.
Cara
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dewey, 2017
This was good, but really sad in parts.
Olivia Belfer
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
its very deep and makes you feel like your not the only person going through a struggle
Sabrina
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Do not read at work or on the bus unless you are comfortable crying in public. Heartbreaking. Makes me want to read all my last messages.
adalaide
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a very emotional read. The idea behind it is simple: The very last message received from any one person that still has an impact on you today. Every single one is tragic in its own way, even if the person who allowed the message has no regret or heartbreak tied to it.

I saw this book on the new shelf in my library and was instantly intrigued because I personally have had quite a few of those messages given to me and have undoubtedly sent out a few myself. Reading this while riding
Hebah
Aug 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads
The Last Message Received is exactly what it says on the tin--a collection of last words, delivered via text and voice mail, signalling the end of a relationship whether it's due to breakup, estrangement, or death. Some of the messages have context and regrets, and others are left to speak for themselves. It reminded me a lot of reading PostSecrets or Whisper confessions for its glimpse into the more painful aspects of being human. ...more
anotherbennet
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This made me think how careful we should be when texting someone and that I’m not alone, everyone receives same type of messages, you’re not the only one hurting.
Kris
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I found this emotionally manipulative and I left it feeling discouraged about humanity. People are jerks. I guess it did make me not want to act like a jerk, so two stars?
Amy
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like voyeuristic stuff like this.
Lindsey
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Really pretty and really depressing. Reminded me of Post Secret and Humans of New York but the uplifting stories were fewer and farther between.
Nichelle
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Last Message Received is a non-fiction book that features texts messages that people have received from loved ones. Either the receiver recieved these messages because of a love lost, sudden deaths, or friendship break-ups. It makes the reader question if the last message they sent today would be one that they are proud of.

I would use this in my classroom during the unit where students could use some of these messages as a prompt to make them think about the events that led up to the break-
Megan
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the concept of this book. Some of the messages really hurt my heart. Do not take this book lightly.
hope
May 02, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was in some kind of mood today, and I saw this on the NC digital library and wanted to finish it after I got about 1/3 of the way through in a Books a Million a week ago. It felt good to know that I wasn't alone, that other people have to deal with the frustration and pain and loneliness that comes when someone leaves your life without any warning. I just wish the book was longer.

The last message I received ended with "I wish you all the best." I can't stop thinking about it.
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, ya-lit
I think I messy cried all over this book.
alexa (travelingreads)
This book truly touched me. I'm crying so much. It's relatable in a heart breaking way but well well worth the painful reminders.
Dylan
Not going to rate it as I feel uncomfortable doing so since it's based on a lot of hard times on people's lives, but it was a quick and eyeopening read.

Pretty much TW for everything, though.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• O Peso do Pássaro Morto
  • Entre estantes
  • Textos Cruéis Demais Para Serem Lidos Rapidamente
  • Uma Mulher no Escuro
  • Conectadas
  • Mesmo que eu vá embora
  • Agora eu entendo
  • Sempre faço tudo errado quando estou feliz - Tirinhas Sentimentais Para Todo Tipo De Bad
  • Pétala
  • Bem-vindos à Rua Maravilha
  • Com Amor, Charlie
  • Todo dia a mesma noite: a história não contada da Boate Kiss
  • O Vilarejo
  • Dois Garotos Num Navio
  • você (e todas as outras coisas que me machucam também)
  • Tudo nela brilha e queima
  • Escrito em Algum Lugar