Start by marking “It's All In Your Head” as Want to Read:
It's All In Your Head

It's All In Your Head

Your brain just wants to be understood. It wants you to know how it works. Well, you’re now holding the key to your brain’s—and, by extension, your own—happiness. This book will unlock a world of deep insights, juicy rewards, and game-changing power.

It’s All In Your Head is the story of what makes up your mind—why you dream, how you form a thought, why lying makes you unco
Published November 1st 2017 by Wicked Cow Studios

To ask other readers questions about It's All In Your Head, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's All In Your Head

Quintin Zimmermann
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it
It's All In Your Head can be an engaging and humorous read, replete with fun facts, graphics and photos. However, it is in the substance that this book is found wanting.

Keith Blanchard tackles some serious issues such as Lyme disease, strokes, PTSD,  concussions, depression, autism and addiction in a perfunctory manner, often no more than cursory one page treatments.

There are also superfluous subjects like the interpretation of dreams, psychoanalysis of fictional villains (Joffrey Baratheon, Th
Shelly
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Fantastic book! It’s All In Your Head is enlightening, educational and fun! Despite the rather serious material, it is written quite conversationally, engaging the reader almost immediately. I have had an interest in neuroscience for some time now, but this book is definitely not just for nerds like myself. Discussions include meeting your transmitters, discovering the parts of your brain, understanding neuroplasticity and the brain’s hemispheres, how thoughts work, brain scans explained….the li ...more
Hannah
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This fun and informative book provides a great overview of a range of topics, such as the different brain structures, animal intelligence, perception, neural imaging and AI. The book is easy to read and gives a taste of important topics in neurology/psychology, which invite the reader to explore further and seek additional information. The images used in the book were great and I loved the fun little activities, such as finding the blind spot of your right eye.
I very much enjoyed this book and
Kate
I loved this book. A lot.

Despite all my anatomy experience, I always hated/avoided neuro. The brain has always freaked me out, and I shouldn't admit this, but as someone who has taught anatomy and physiology to high school students and TA'd it at the college level, to this day I can't name all the parts of the brain or tell you where they are. I purposefully have blocked that out from my brain (lol) because it's just too much to comprehend. Same thing with embryology. (It's amazing we even exist
Randal White
The brain is amazing! The author gives a somewhat humorous look at the brain and how it functions. Full of information in easily digestible parts, one could pick this book up and read a chapter here and there as you wish. Would be really helpful for people who do not already have a lot of knowledge of the brain, but there's not a lot of new information in it.
Biljana
Oct 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2017
It's All in your Head has good coverage of a lot of psychology-related topics. In particular, I thought that the the early sections were great--nice graphics, information regarding the brain and neurotransmitters was at a good level for someone who is interested in learning about the brain and doesn't have a psychology background. I'd even thought that this would be a book that I would recommend to my students or that it would rival some of the textbooks that I have used. However, the later sect ...more
Stacy Woodruff
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's All in Your Head is a fun, accessible read. The book caught my eye throughout — while it could masquerade as a coffee table book, it calls out to be picked up, leafed through, and engaged. It’s All In Your Head read more wide than deep on many matters of the brain—the formation of memories, how thoughts work, how to take a coffee power nap, and even my faith’s impact on my brain— and I feel smarter for the read. Definitely worth the read.
Marie Aitchison
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Initially, I was unable to view the book on my device. Then, I used my powerful brain and eventually figured out a way around the issue to download this beauty in all its glory! This book is very easy on the eyes and full of SO much information that is all communicated in a fun and easy to follow way. I am a Registered Nurse and wish that the science I learned in nursing school could have been conveyed in spectacular form like this book. It’s All in Your Head is a text that makes learning feel e ...more
Kristine
Jan 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: amazon-reviewed
It's All in Your Head by Keith Blanchard is a free NetGalley ebook that I read in mid-December.

Cognitive studies on memory, sleep, function, dysfunction, an addled brain, meditation & religious beliefs, and advancements within these fields. Its beautiful, anatomical, and eye-poppingly colorful graphics really draw you in and Blanchard is plain-spoken, witty, and his non-expert style is so refreshing that it feels simple, yet comprehensive enough to keep up with (although it has a speedy, alm
Erin
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I'm a sucker for interesting factoids about the human body and brain, and this book was chockfull of them. It was organized really effectively with different sections on how the brain works, accompanied with great graphics and sidenotes. It was a tad difficult to read in e-form, so I'd probably recommend this as a print read. Also, I would have been fascinated by this as a textbook when I was school - just the right blend of facts and humor. A definite recommend!
Leanne
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psychology
I love the illustrations in this book. It’s pretty much all that you would want to know about the workings of the brain and quite a different book which why I’m giving it 5/5. I was provided with a copy by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review and I couldn’t fault it especially with an interest in Psychology.

I think that it would particularly appeal to A Level students because of the amount of colour in the book, which helps to keep the viewer interested.
Laura Reading
I accepted this book from Netgalley for an honest review. This was the sort of book I could pick up an enjoy during breaks and shorter allowed moments. It is chock full of information.
If you have a brain nerd or someone who enjoys anatomy and physiology, this book would make a great gift.
It is not deep science.
Anisa
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I really enjoyed this book! It was full of information I either didn't know or didn't mind remembering.
There are a lot of curious facts about the brain and emotions/body and how they are all connected.

Really good book to have on hand and review every now and then!

Book obtained through NetGalley
Cindy
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a delightful read. I'm not sure I learned anything new, really, but Blanchard combines science, research studies, and humor to explain the amazing complex blob inside our skull.
It's truly amazing what's going on in our brain without any help at all from us.
Heather Mcallister
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this book!! Entertaining, educational, eye opening, and fun!!
Shelley Wark-Martyn
Jul 02, 2018
Matt
Sep 08, 2017
Flocarine
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Description
IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD is the true story of what makes up your mind. It's the interactive, easy-to-read, stupendously sourced, user's guide to your brain. This immersive book tackles the questions that keep you up at night: Is your smartphone wrecking your memory? Are believers' and atheists' brains different? Who's smarter: your baby or your dog? Hwo is yuor biarn albe to raed tihs crzay quseotin? Neil deGrasse Tyson calls the human brain the most complicated object we know, and there
Samantha Delle
Jun 18, 2019
Heather  Erickson
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
It’s All in Your Head: Brain Storms, Gray Matter, and What Makes You You, by Keith Blanchard is a delightfully informative book about the way your brain works and how it helps make you uniquely, you.

I read this book in ebook format, which is usually what I prefer, but in this case, I would recommend buying a paperback copy of the book. It’s heavily formatted to accommodate interesting pictures, sidebar information, and graphics that help make the book extremely engaging.

The book was never dull.
Anna Klevatt
Feb 28, 2019
J.D. DeHart
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Creative, thoughtful, and written in a detailed fashion. All of the images unfortunately did not come through in the download but what did download was attractive and informative.
Courtney Bowling
Kristen J.
Jan 08, 2018
Margaret
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's All in Your Head is an amazing, wonderful, beautiful book full of a mind-blowing amount of information in an easy to read and understand manner. It's so colorful, it makes you want to explore the words! Absolutely fabulous read the first time, and again, and again. Highly recommend!
JMU Talent Development