Start by marking “Just Friends (The Agency, #1)” as Want to Read:
Just Friends (The Agency, #1)

Just Friends

(The Agency #1)

Why did her heart have to choose him?

Violet Archer has her dream job at one of London’s top advertising agencies, and the fact she gets to work with Ethan Fraser every day makes it even better. He’s the best friend a girl could have. And she’s never even noticed how hot he is. Nope. Definitely not.

When a big night out deteriorates into a great big mess, Violet’s world star
Published September 15th 2017 by Snowflake Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Just Friends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Friends

Start your review of Just Friends (The Agency, #1)
Lyndsey Adams
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A different read for me, I'm used to the billionaire, dominating male and the mousey, retiring female, but this was something else, without the spoilers its a whirlwind, what will happen, what will they do! I feel a personal connection now and I'm invested in the story line! I can't wait for the next installment.
Elizabeth has written an engaging story you can relate to but with just enough lightheartedness and smut to keep you desperate for more.
Charanya
DNF

50% down and do not like the leading man even a little bit, Couldn't invest more ! Distasteful and voyeuristic
Kate Bilson
Shelves: comedy
This was a super funny book I picked up off IF - great humor, touching romance and outrageous side-kicks characters that kept me interested all the way through. The heroine was so funny and really strong/relatable I was cheering for her from the start. Hot hero too. Don't usually come across "best friend" love interest these days, but this was real and their bond was genuine and inspiring. Nice characterization all round and good writing ...more
Kara Grande
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just finished this book and LOVED it. Chic lit at its finest. It's light & funny, sassy and sexy! There's something about Violet that all of us can relate to! The only thing I don't like about it is that I have to wait for book #2 to find out more about these characters! Give it a shot, you won't be disappointed. ...more
Gaufre
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned
It's too much. Sleazy bosses; drunk coworkers high on drugs; way too much sex.

The first chapter is off putting. It got better but neither the self-absorbed hero or the insecure but talented smart and beautiful heroine are enough to keep me going.
Grace Jolliffe
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
WHEN FRIENDSHIP TURNS TO LOVE

As well as an entertaining read, Elizabeth Grey has created compelling characters, not least her main character, Violet, also known as Vi.

Vi is witty, funny and smart and you will laugh out loud at some of her dialogue.

But, she's human too, and Vi is gradually revealed to be a real woman.

Just like the rest of us - Vi is sometimes confident and sometimes a bit insecure.

The story opens with a steamy scene that turns comical as Vi tangles with the man of her dreams.

T
Niki (mustreadalltheromance)
Violet Archer is great at her job at one of London's top advertising agencies and working with her best friend, Ethan Fraser, every day makes it nearly perfect. He's the best friend she's ever had so it's inconvenient when she starts to notice how attractive he is. When a big night for the agency has consequences that threaten to derail everything she's worked for, Violet finds herself entangled in the sticky web of other people's secrets. All the while she falls harder and harder for Ethan, but ...more
Holly
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love love love this book!! Seriously, there is not a dull moment in this story and it kept me riveting all the way through. The author doesn't mess about and manages to pack a romantic comedy with tons of action and conflict to keep us engaged and rooting for Violet all the way through. I can't wait for the next in the series as by the end, I didn't want it to end! And really connected with all of the characters and Violet's particular predicament of the heart. ...more
Rachel Oliver
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this, a great debut novel. Loved the main character, Violet. She was strong, witty and very relatable. It was really well written and made me laugh out loud in places. If you like a nice easy read, but with some laughs and a bit of raunch then this is for you. Looking forward to what happens next for Violet and Ethan.
Karen Ferry
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredibly funny and romantic! A feel-good romance I highly recommend!
Lisa Dorman
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
great book. great storylinr and great characters. well wortj a read.
Kriti Dalmia
Sep 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is book 1 in 'The Agency Series'
The story involves around office romance and is a great book.
This story is about Violet and Ethan who are best friends with lot of feelings they are to address and accept.
Violet comes across as someone who puts others before her and is witty, strong, loyal and insecure. You can relate to her somewhere.
Ethan is a womanizer, caring person and loyal to friends.
What happens when both of them start feeling things they ignored is a journey to follow.
Elizabeth
Abbie
Aug 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve never read any of Elizabeth Grey’s books before and I have to say I absolutely loved Just Friends. I haven’t laughed this much at scenes in a book in a very long time! It was an easy read and I was hooked from the start. There are so many hilarious scenes and I kept bursting into fits of laughter. I would definitely recommend The Agency series!

Violet and Ethan are adorable! I was routing for them to end up together from the start and loved their friendship.

Bette
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Story & Narration🎧 Great Office Romance & Dramedy!

Just Friends
The Agency, Book 1
By: Elizabeth Grey
Narrated by: Kim Bretton

I thoroughly enjoy this book, it is well written with interesting characters and storylines that were captivating from start to end. Overall, it reminded me of an over the top comedy drama aka “dramedy” and it definitely gives you a whole new look at office politics and work place drama. Elizabeth Grey is a gifted author, she has a way with words, she came up with some
Charlotte Mosher
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amy
Jun 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
A laugh-out-loud entertaining read, Just Friends brings friends-to-lovers office romance to an all new level with a heaping dash of comedy! The first scene was hilarious as we’re introduced to Violet—a smart and witty copywriter who has the worst date/sex with a coworker, which inadvertently affects the entire office. The consequences begin to shed light on other office hookups/shenanigans and in turn, how it affects the politics within the ad agency. As Violet becomes entangled in her coworkers ...more
Sallie P
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great little KU read. I've never heard of this author before, but really enjoyed the book. It's British, but I liked the humor a lot. It felt real and the bond of the main characters was very real. The main character was strong and engaging, yet flawed in so many ways too - like the best characters.

It's a rough ride in places. Lots of things happen in this book which make for a whole lot of angst! Through it all, the love between the main characters kept me hooked and I won't spoil it by reveali
Beth
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't think of a better title than "Just Friends" says it all!!!!

I just loved this story. At first,I didn't think I'd like, but soon changed my toon.
When she finally starts feeling for him more and more, I knew where they were going.
The love scene, OH MY GOSH! Not to be missed. I've never even had a love scene or anything close to it, like this one.
I have to stop before I spoil this for possible more readers!😏
I can't wait until I start the next book in this group of books.
Onward and ??????? 💖💖💖💖
Sandra
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not sure I like any characters

In a way it seemed like this book had too much going on. Too much tragedy, too much plotting. At the same time it reminds me of a storyline I would have loved and found romantic back when I was in high school. But at the end of it, I simply hated how pretty much every bit ended and I hated how the love interest was one of those guys who decided what is best for the girl and that makes it okay to ignore her wishes time and again.
Leigh
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I read by this author, and I absolutely loved her style and this book. It was full of drama, love, and humor. I was laughing out loud in the first few pages.

I thought the story itself was entertaining and the characters were wonderfully written. They were believable and I was totally invested in the outcome. I am so excited to start the next book in the series.
Helen Bradley
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love, love, loved this!

Absolutely hilarious, down to earth, sweet, excellent plot. This book has it all.
Grabs you from the first page to the last, I've read the second book as well, just started the third.
So well written, unlike a certain set of 3 books!
Give it a go, Elizabeth Grey never disappoints!
Jim
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my love hate books

I read 3-5 books a week and I seldom write reviews. But I loved this book and I hated this book as I could not put it down and it interfered with my life, like sleeping and eating. I wanted to know what was going to happen on the next few pages. Read it, you will like it.
Jane
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars

Immerse yourself in the ad agency drama and the very complicated life of violet. The ice queen of the office and self professed problem solver of the group who can’t be loved (her words not mine!).
I really hope this is not remotely typical for how an agency works. The romance is slow burning and 100% worth the wait.
Jeanne Chepko
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are looking for a fun, witty romance this is a great read. Captivating characters that find themselves in crazy situations that will have you either laughing or gasping. Lots of entertaining banter and some steamy romance to boot!
Looking forward to the next book, so I can find out what happens with Violet and Ethan!
Becky
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book would have received more stars, it was just the slow plot that drew me back. Having not enjoyed it, I left it un finished at 75% on my kindle app. A good story if you like a slow build up but definitely not for me.
Tamara Evans
Spoiler alert

They're not 'just friends', maybe naively thought this was going to be different than the normal, best friends that fall in love. Would have given 1 star but I liked the characters, and the actual writing was funny.
Mary
Sep 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF - the main characters are despicable. The content although I guess realistic in some circles was absolutely horrifying and I felt icky just reading the beginning about drugs, sex, and hedonistic parties of yuck.
Jill
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

Elizabeth Grey is now my new favourite author! I knew from the first page that this book was right up my street and it didn't disappoint. Definitely for fans of Sophie Kinsella. Can't wait to read more.
Delvia Roza
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it!

I was a bit confused when starting reading this book. But later on I was looking forward to how Ethan and Violet ended their friendzone. The last parts of the book was amazing. I could see the innovence of these two when they confess their love to each other.
Treena (caughtupinabook
DNF

This book is just nope for me. The plot feels too high schoolish for the characters (who are adults working in the corporate world btw).
« previous 1 3 next »

• Love Offline: Looking For Romance In Real Life
  • Love Like Fire (Hearts in Hendricks, #2)
  • Truth Or Date
  • Whisked Away (Paradise Bay, #2)
  • Around the World With My Ex
  • Perfectly Played
  • #No Filter
  • The Wedding Charm (The Wedding Whisperer, #1)
  • My Year of Saying No
  • Breakup Boot Camp
  • The Karma Book Club: A Romantic Comedy (The Club, #2)
  • Drible do Amor (Grove Beach Team Livro 1)
  • The First Date
  • No More Bad Dates (High Tea, #1)
  • Only When It's Love
  • Losing My Inhibitions: A Laugh-Out-Loud, Chick Lit, Romantic Comedy With A Twist!: Finally Free And Ready To Have Fun...
  • The Plus One Pact
  • The Honeymooner (Paradise Bay, #1)

The Agency (4 books)
  • It's Complicated (The Agency Book 2)
  • Second Chance (The Agency Book 3)
  • Forever You (The Agency Book 4)