Start by marking “Feathers” as Want to Read:
Feathers

Feathers

The sandpiper stretched its wings in the chilling breeze. It knew it was time to leave... so it took flight.

Follow the feathers as they fall along this exquisite journey of heartache, hope and home.
Hardcover, First, 32 pages
Published August 2017

To ask other readers questions about Feathers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feathers

Asma (oasisgirlmd)
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Beautifully illustrated and very touching story of a sandpiper and its journey across the world. How it encounters different people in troubled situations and its feather spares them grief for a minute. You'll see the wonders of mother nature by floating with it across the skies, oceans, mountaintops .It'll make you look at the world in a different way.
It's a book kids and adults will both love
Tina
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A reminder about how lucky we are to live in a country that is so safe and peaceful. The sandpiper flies on its migration across the land and sea, observing the hardship faced by people in different lands. some battle natural disasters, or flee their homes. This is a beautifully illustrated wake-up call.
Educateempower
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The sun rose on a crisp, cloudy day. The sandpiper stretched its wings in the chilling breeze. It knew it was time to leave so it took flight.

Feathers by Phil Cummings and Phil Lesnie is a calming yet thought provoking picture book that takes the reader on a journey over lands filled with hope, fear, sadness and joy. As we follow the yearly migratory flight of the sandpiper we see the countries that play an important role in its survival. We watch the bird as it soars over snowy landscapes, land
Cheriee Weichel
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book just gobsmacked me. I didn't plan on picking up more than one book while at the book store, but I fell deeply madly in love with this.
It is visually and lyrically stunning. It begins with a sandpiper taking off from the beach. Its journey takes it across the earth where it flies over all kinds of horrific scenes. Along the way it looses a few feathers that bring comfort to those who find them. Eventually the bird arrives at it's winter nesting grounds thankful to be safe.
Calista
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
'Feathers' is a beautiful book, and not just for children. Charting the journey of a sandpiper, it makes its way across many locations and encounters many different people dealing with issues of conflict, and how its feathers comfort them in moments of need. It is a timely reminder of how lucky we are. The illustrations are superb. They had a calming effect and complimented the words perfectly.
Oznasia
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
This book grabbed me as soon as I opened the cover and saw the first endpaper—so beautiful in its simplicity. The illustrations held my attention as I turned the pages, following the Sandpiper on its migration from northern Asia to Australia.

A story about birds and the people in their flightpath.
Ellie

Aug 13, 2018
Ashvin
Sep 26, 2018
Phil Cummings had his first book published by Omnibus/Penguin in 1989 and has
since written over sixty books for children.