Start by marking “V Games (The Vampire Games Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
V Games (The Vampire Games Trilogy, #1)

V Games

(The V Games #1)

Alternate cover edition of ASIN B074WCV558

LAST ONE TO THE GRAVE, WINS.

Being a killer wasn't what eighteen year old Selena Grey ever expected she'd become. But with her stepfather's blood fresh on her hands, she finds herself walking into an eight by six prison cell where she'll live out the next twenty five years of her life.

Or so she thought...

When a man as beautiful as
Published October 30th 2017

To ask other readers questions about V Games, please sign up.
Caroline Peckham Hey Chrissy! Sorry I've only just seen this - I didn't realise it got to the semi-finals! Sadly I don't think it made it any further. Thanks so much f…moreHey Chrissy! Sorry I've only just seen this - I didn't realise it got to the semi-finals! Sadly I don't think it made it any further. Thanks so much for voting <3 <3(less)

Start your review of V Games (The Vampire Games Trilogy, #1)
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
** I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you so much for sending me a copy of your book, Caroline!! =) It was a pleasure to read it! **

”There was a new, tantalising feeling growing in my chest. One that had evaded me for so long, it took me some time to figure out what it was.
Hope.”

If I had to describe “V Games” in one sentence I’d say it’s a mixture of “The Hunger Games” and “Resident Evil”. *lol* Yes, you read right: “Resident Evil”!!! The movies, not th
booksNpenguins
I received this ARC by the lovely and talented Caroline Peckham in exchange for an honest review, and I'm happy to oblige :)

“How did you manage that?” he breathed, almost to himself.
“I don't know,” I hissed. “But I'd be grateful if you stopped trying to worm your way into my head.”
“I can't read your mind.”
“No? Well I guess that's ten points to Edward Cullen then, isn't it?”
He grimaced at me. “Vampires are a bit grimmer in real life, sweetheart.”

No matter what they say, Selena Grey is not
Sophia Triad
I have never hidden the fact that I love vampire stories. I have read stories about bad vampires, about good vampires, about vampire warriors, about vampire victims, about vampires who were born like that, about vampires who were transformed against their will. There are so many combinations in the literature. I love these monsters. What I don’t love are the humans who can keep these magnificent monsters as prisoners and who do not feed them properly.

The damn Helsings had me right where
Jilly
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Okay, so this author asks me to read and review her book and I say "yes" only because it sounded interesting to me. But, once again, she didn't even try to bribe me for a good review. What the hell? Who do I have to bribe to get someone to try and bribe me? I just want to be bribed once in my life. Is that asking too much?

But, then I give the book a 4-star rating, and it LOOKS like I've been bribed. When I haven't!! Dammit! If I give the appearance of a bribee, shouldn't I get the pay-off?

gimme,
Bookworm Extraordinaire
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing

description
descriptionOh good gravy this book was AMAZEBALLS. It was like the Hunger Games with vampires. I was so sucked into this story I skipped my lunch and lord knows I love my food. Thanks heaven's I have book two lined up and ready to go or I might have been stalking the author Misery style (lol).

description

The writing was fantastic. The pace was perfect. The plot was engaging and kept me turning the pages. The world building was good but because of that, I felt the "romance" took a backseat. I wasn't overly bothered b
annie
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5/5 Stars

"I look like a Disney Princess."
"You better show them how well Beauty can kick the Beast's ass then."

Selena Grey is sentenced to twenty-five years in maximum security prison after killing her abusive step-father. Before Selena can get used to her new life she is kidnapped by a mysterious man along with another twenty-four women from the prison. They are forced to compete in 'The V Games' that are held by a powerful family where girls are pitted against starved vampires. She soon realize
Deborah
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5*

This is a different take on the usual vampire read, think Hunger Games but with vampires, half starved feral vampires kept like animals.
Vampires were once powerful but now years after the vampire/hunter wars they're reduced to little more than dogs. They're kept hungry and controlled with capsules of silver imbedded in their necks and released at the wimp of the Helsings. Yes we're talking about the Van Helsings and they rule with fear and cruelty.

The games consist of kidnapped young women,
SWEETY [IS ON A HIATUS]
AHH VAMPIRES...SWEET...SEXY...SEDUCTIVE VAMPIRES.

Sooooo, it’s been a while since I’ve fallen down this rabbit hole.
description
Vampires, they’ve always pulled me in like its no body’s business. From Twilight to the Vampire Diaries I’ve always fallen hard for the Vampire epics. I honestly don’t know why I even thought it would be any different with the V Games.

The V games is set in a world, much like our real one where the rich prey on the weak and helpless. It’s the Hunger Games meets the Vampire Diaries.
Melanie A. *mostly on hiatus*
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-favorites
But there's only so far a girl can be pushed before she becomes her own hero.
What a thrilling ride!

Eighteen-year-old convicted murderer Selena finds herself kidnapped along with 24 other young women from prison and being thrust into a twisted game of survival against abused and starving vampires.

6 stars for the fast-paced plot! There was not a wasted moment in this one. Be warned: once you start, you'd better have the time to finish, because you won't want to put it down.

4 stars for
Anastasia シ
Full Review on my blog!

*a copy was provided by the author*

I wasn't sure what to except at first, I mean I’ve read a lot of vampire books in the past. But this, this was quiet a surprise; this is a very unique vampire book! And I can't wait for what the author has in store for the rest of this series!
I felt like the first few chapters were kind of slow, but I’m happy I continued.

The V Games was a riveting read, the whole aspect of the book was really amazing; I loved the different challenges and
AℳY♔Teens against YA♔ GET IT LET IT ROLL
GUUUYYYYSSS
V Games is so original and action-packed. This is what twilight could've been and wasn't. I mean the concept of Twilight was good but no action at all. This is really really really really really GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! Hope the sequels are good as well.
#mustread
Somia
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
The start of this certainly drew me in, especially as I was expecting it start differently, yay to the surprise. The book alternates between first person POV of the main characters, human Selena and vampire Varick.

So, Selena’s life is going from worse to much worse – incarcerated for killing her douchebag stepfather and vilified by society, she is then selected to play in the V Games - survival games where people for entertainment watch and make bets as vampires try to kill their prey – humans.
angela
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a ride

What an imagination Author Caroline Peckham has, this book was amazing. Full of action, a sick game and wonderful characters. I absolutely loved Selena and Varik, both are survivors, I hope they’re in the next book and I find out what happens next.
Wendy Higgins
It's been ages since I read a vampire book! This one had a dark adventure that took it to the next level. Really enjoyed! ...more
Raven_Blake (dreamy addictions)
Actual rating: 3.5 Stars!
Same Review Also Posted In My Blog: Dreamy Addictions

I loved the beautiful cover of this book it’s obviously the first thing that grabbed my interest. I picked this up for fun and I couldn’t resist myself after reading its interesting premise. The V games was such an entertaining read. It’s like Hunger Games meets the Vampires. I honestly didn’t expect to enjoy it as much as I did. I’m so glad it wasn’t another cheesy YA vampire romance novel. This book was totally an en
Agroca AWOL
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, paranormal
This book is very fantastic.
Angie
5+ stars!

I hate comparing new books to well-known and mainstream novel-turned-movies because the comparisons tend to carry so much weight. People--readers and non-readers alike--tend to form very strict and personal opinions about them, so comparing new books to these beloved or hated works can create some undue prejudice and deter some readers from even giving a book a chance (no matter how amazing it is). That being said, I think I'm going to take a chance on this kickass book and hope it intr
meghann
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Whew. I feel like I need to watch hours of Disney and give my dogs a cuddle to come down from this. I have not been this affected by a book in years. I was so stressed out/on the edge of my seat the entire time. This was one of those books where you didn't know if anyone would survive, trilogy or not. At one point I stayed up past midnight reading it and then had to go outside to unplug Halloween lights. I. Was. Terrified. Logically I knew emaciated vampires weren't out on my front porch, waitin ...more
Oct 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Selena Grey is selected/kidnapped from prison to participate in the V games, run by the Helsing family. The Helsings are an ancient family of vampire hunters. In the past, they killed off most of the vampires, leaving a few alive to create these games. In the games, Selena and her fellow prisoners are forced to try to survive trials usually involving traversing parts of the island while avoiding or killing the vampires that are hunting them. Rich people (guests of the Helsings) bet on who will s ...more
Caroline Peckham
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Coming soon...the V Games Trilogy.
The Hunger Games meets True Blood.
Subscribe to the ARC team now - ARCs available soon!
Kandace
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story! At first it seemed like it was going to sort of be like twilight, then I thought it was going to a be a hunger games... and though some ideas where similar. It truly was its own story! The way the relationship progressed between Varick & Selena was perfect to me. Selena was the idealistic heroine in my eyes.
❤Rachel Anne's Romance Must Reads❤
I keep finding series that aren't complete! I know I keep saying that but I couldn't pass this one up. Love the cover! The story inside matches! I'm only 25% through with book two so will update this once finished.

I've got this marked as YA because of the whole one kiss that happened but I have no clue what future books may hold. Although we get dual POV (and occasionally other characters POV) I wished the MCs had spent more actual time together. Book 2 at 25% they still haven't been in a scene
Samuel  Flanigan
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Disclosure: I was given this book for an honest review

Having said that when I agreed to this I wasn't sure what I would find. Most of the time new authors drive me insane. The last time I tried a new book by an author I hadn't heard of I had to put the book down. I just couldn't finish it. However there was no such issue with this book. This is a love story, a vampire story, a werewolf story, a pirate story all rolled into one. With nonstop action this book will keep you riveted to edge of your
Emma
Oct 29, 2017 rated it liked it
I received an ARC for an honest review thanks to our sweet Caroline!

“I look like a Disney Princess.”
“You better show them how well Beauty can kick the Beast's ass then.”

Exactly.

This book is one those books that gets better and better the more you read. Action? Check. Romance? Check. Vampires? Check. A hot male lead? Check. A strong protagonist? Check.
If you are looking for an action-packed book, you might as well pick this one up.

First of all, why did I give this book 3 stars?
The characters we
Emily
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
goodbooks_warmsocks
I thought I had read all vampire stories but I was proved wrong with this book!

Loved it!
Jacqueline's Reads
Apr 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr, v-card, ya
3 I’m not sure this writing style is for me Stars

I’m not sure if the entire series is YA, but the first book is definitely YA, there’s nothing wrong with that, so if you are looking for a book for a tween, they can read this one. Other than the gore, it’s pretty tame.

Like what most reviews state, it’s a Hunger Games feel type of book with Vampires, so I was of course interested in the book.

When I started the book I realized this book is HIGHLY descriptive. I mean, my kindle told me it would t
Xiorve
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is totally awesome.
Anna Lynn Portwood
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ok..... This book was freaking fantastic!!!! 🤗 I loved the characters & the storyline. It's like the hunger games meet vampires... Nonstop action & a bit of romance. This book is a must read! I recommend it to everyone. I absolutely can't wait for the next book! Caroline, you are amazing girl! ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Rebel Rising
  • Reclaimed (Shadow Beast Shifters, #2)
  • Rejected (Shadow Beast Shifters, #1)
  • Wolf Roulette (Werewolf Dens, #3)
  • My Bloodline (Featherstone Academy, #1)
  • Moon Claimed (Werewolf Dens, #2)
  • Shifter Wars (Werewolf Dens #1)
  • Dark Prince (Blueblood Vampires #1)
  • Lords of Pain (The Royals of Forsyth University, #1)
  • Princess Ballot (Royals of Arbon Academy, #1)
  • Playboy Princes (Royals of Arbon Academy, #2)
  • The Pageant (Vampire Royals #1)
  • Your Bloodline (Featherstone Academy, #2)
  • Our Bloodline (Featherstone Academy #3)
  • Academy Obscura: The Flame Within
  • Breakers (Academy of Stardom, #3)
  • Spring (Evermore Academy, #2)
  • Vampire Debt (Supernatural Battle: Vampire Towers #2)
Caroline Peckham is the bestselling author of The Vampire Games Series, The Age of Vampires Saga, The Rise of Isaac Series and the Forbidden Fairytales Series.

She'd love for you to come join her reader group on Facebook where you can get your hands on advanced copies of the books plus chat with readers and enter giveaways.

Caroline lives in the south east Eng

The V Games (8 books)
  • V Games: Fresh From The Grave (The Vampire Games Trilogy, #2)
  • V Games: Dead Before Dawn (The Vampire Games Trilogy, #3)
  • Wolf Games (The Vampire Games, #4)
  • Wolf Games: Island of Shade (The Vampire Games, #5)
  • Wolf Games: Severed Fates (The V Games #6)
  • Hunter Trials (The V Games #7)
  • Hunter Trials: Into The Dark

News & Interviews

“In fact, if they hadn’t wasted so much time reading my misgivings to the observing crowd, I’d be buried deep in hell right now rather than sailing my smug arse into the sunset” 7 likes
“No? Well I guess that's ten points to Edward Cullen then, isn't it?” He grimaced at me. “Vampires are a bit grimmer in real life, sweetheart.” 4 likes