Start by marking “Rota Fortunae (Grims' Truth #1)” as Want to Read:
Rota Fortunae (Grims' Truth #1)

Rota Fortunae

(Grims' Truth #1)

Everything that has happened, is happening, will happen again.

Several turns after the disappearance of the High Queen's successor, rumors of a plague spread across the Empire of Mu. Two parties, the Rebellion and the Council, clash over the strange phenomenon and its source, the Tainted.

Cruentus Fate, a young Royal from the second kingdom of Mu, becomes entangled in the ba
Published September 5th 2017 by Evolved Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Rota Fortunae, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rota Fortunae

Jonathan
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review from publisher. To begin with I actually was not sure if I would like this book from initial chapters. I am glad I gave it a chance it gradually got better and better. I look forward to more books in the series.
April
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this story and am voluntarily posting this review.
I am impressed. This is the best epic fantasy I have read in some time and I fully intend to get the next book in this series, Conundrum, when it comes out in November. The characters are unique, as is the story. and I was in its grip for three days, avidly reading the 600 plus page electronic version on my laptop.
Annemarie
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-english
I really enjoyed this book. The world described is interesting and intricate, with it's own histories. The new language was worked into the text well, but still sometimes annoyed me a bit, which I suspect is just personal preference. I liked the characters, but most of all I liked watching them grow throughout this story and get to know each other better.
Diane
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review. I found this book hard to get into. It took till Chapter ten before you begin to understand what is happening. Lot is going on and many things to learn. Only gave it a four as it was confusing at the beginning and I almost gave up on it. An interesting new world.
Lex Allen
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“Everything that has happened, is happening, will happen again.” With this single sentence, author’s Isu Yin and Fae Yang have summarized the story, delivered bait guaranteed to lure the reader in, and before the end of the first chapter, they’ve set the hook. This is world-building at its best as good versus evil in a metaphysical fantasy epic that features a cast of the most fascinating characters I’ve encountered in fiction. For the rest of this synopsis, I’ll use the words of the authors as ...more
Alicia Smock
Sep 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Cruentus Fate has lived a comfortable life as a Royal within the city of Macellarius in the kingdom of Nex in the empire of Mu, but something seems to be amiss in her life. While she can remember growing up within the palace with her brother Abyssus and being adored by her father King Neco, neither she nor her brother can remember when they actually arrived at the palace to live. A cruel twist of fate separates her from her brother as King Neco sells Fate to a brothel where its owner, Fortuna, r ...more
Christinaraven
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading this story, it really made me think. I thought it was a mix of fantasy with a splash of fairy tale mixed in. I found it surprisingly addicting and different. Once I finished the first chapter I had to keep reading to see what happened to Fate and what was really going on. I thought there were good guys and bad guys and terrible people I liked to hate. Just a wildly different story. Plus it was amazing what Fate had to learn and I really wanted to know what her destiny would be and ...more
Carrie Torres
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of Rota Fortunae (Grims' Truth Book 1) for my honest opinion. I love the characters wrote by the authors. I love how they have started to define the world that characters reside. The interactions between players in this book well written. I have not read many Epic/Fantasy books, I am more of a Paranormal/Fantasy reader. So I am very impressed with how much I enjoyed reading this book. I can not wait to read what happens in the next book.
Joshua Grant
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The world in Rota Fortunae created by Isu Yin and Fae Yang is really cool and imaginative! Yin and Yang (yes, seriously) have built a cast of fun characters that are confronted with deep challenges, epic battles, and an unspeakable evil that’s trying to destroy an already divided world. I love the freshness of this novel and can’t wait to see what’s in store for the next one!
Stephanie
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED reading this book. The author(s) just drew me in further and further. I could not put it down. I am so very excited to read the next in the series.

I was gifted an ARC Copy in return for an honest review. Thank you so much!
Em Kunieda
colleen bucco
Jan 01, 2019
Winny
Jan 11, 2019
Connecting Reader...: Adult Epic Fantasy (Not erotica) | ARCs Available 1 7 Feb 13, 2018 12:45PM
The biography section always stumps me. It always feels weird and forced. I am a 45-year-old author. Sure, but that's what I do. Well, part of what I do. I have many jobs, interests, and hobbies.
Who I am is in my stories. They are everything I see, think, and feel. They are the living part of me. The side of me I want to show or the side I want to hide away-- the mighty warrior and the frightene

Grims' Truth (4 books)
  • Conundrum (Grims' Truth #2)
  • Chaos Theory (Grims' Truth #3)
  • Prince of Shadows (Grims' Truth #4)