Start by marking “The Return of a Mighty Church: A Modern Fable” as Want to Read:
The Return of a Mighty Church: A Modern Fable

The Return of a Mighty Church: A Modern Fable

3.4  ·  Rating details ·  10 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Pastor David Newman and his family have just been called to serve with Midland Bible Church. Following their initial excitement over the new appointment, however, comes the realization that the church has forgotten its purpose and lost its way. So begins this intriguing fictional account of a sad reality facing many present-day pastors and church leaders. The good news is ...more
Published January 1st 2006 by Regal Books (first published December 15th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Return of a Mighty Church, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Return of a Mighty Church

Tracy
Jan 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book is an excellent reminder that we need to constantly monitor ourselves as a church body. We need to stay outwardly focused and remember our vision and goal to reach others for Christ. It is very easy to allow programs and church functions to become inwardly focused- more of a social club that a mission station. I only gave it 4 stars, because I felt that the changes in the church were too easy and simplistic, and I would have enjoyed more practical advice and strategies.
Phoebe Park
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
Great book to come back to the original purpose of the church. I thought that the story-line was very basic however, and it wasn't exactly what I had expected it to be. Still, I guess the truth is very simple - the church, and we as individuals who are the church, are called to the Great Commission.
Laura Ann
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amazingly inspiring book completely recommend for anyone who wants to take a deep look at the motivation of the "work" they do within their church OR their church does within their community. Fantastic!!
Grant Davis
Awesome book for returning to the original purpose of a church body
Dennis Munn