Start by marking “I've Been Looking for You” as Want to Read:
I've Been Looking for You

I've Been Looking for You

MAX: The new girl, the sarcastic asshole, the one who avoids getting attached to anyone.

EMILY: The golden girl, the rule-abiding rebel, the one who unknowingly craves something more.

When fate brings the two girls together, life seemed to fall into place. Until their future plans are shattered the moment someone leaves drugs inside Max's school locker.

While Max
Published December 1st 2017

To ask other readers questions about I've Been Looking for You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I've Been Looking for You

Start your review of I've Been Looking for You
CLo
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindleunlimited
Enjoyable for the most part

I enjoyed this book but felt the constant flash back really threw off ghe pacing. I like flashbacks in books, I really do but this was too much and it sometimes felt out of place. It would have flowed better if a significant chunck was told between Jan through May of 2015 then sporadic important flashbacks. I did like how it was told from the Max and Emily first person POV as it gave that personal touch.
It even had a bit of crime mystery but it was a bit obvious and
Susan Hampson
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: author-reads
Emily has been, up to now, a model student, great grades, great friends, she is beautiful and comes from a wealthy family. Then Max arrives, confident, a charmer and a player. Well I thought, everyone loves a bad boy, or bad girl in this case and so a new school romance began to blossom. Only this time Max didn’t want to play the field, she was quite smitten with Emily. Emily who had never even kissed a girl felt exactly the same.
This story is set on a couple of time lines, one present day and
Jamal Lewis
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent. I received this novel from the author’s publicist and I really didn't know what to expect from a FF YA Romance. Good reads has opened me up to stories I would have not bought on my own. But I liked this.

There were the elements of two high schoolers bonding but complicated by it being same-sex and typical high school jealousy. People will go through any length to ruin a relationship and in this story it leads to an arrest from a frame-up job.

The book had a heavy backstory bent,
Jessica | Booked J
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-of-2017
I received a copy of I've Been Looking For You in exchange for my honest review and in participation of the blog tour. You can find my post here.

I've Been Looking for You is one of the best YA books of the year. End sentence.

Truly, it is special and an absolute force to be reckoned with. As unforgettable as it is beautiful, I've Been Looking for You is a equal parts love story and coming of age tale. It all boils down to love and circumstances. In short, it is life and its ups and downs.

This
Taiwo | A Lifestyle Nerd
I received an e-ARC of this book from Xpresso Book Tours (www.xpressobooktours.com)

When I first started this book, I didn’t really like it. It seemed like the author had made the characters gay to inject some diversity into the book (I’ll get back to that later). However, as I read on, I realised that the book did have its merits. Let’s start with those

First, the romance which makes up about 80% of this book. I really really liked how the author wrote it. They were really cute together and I
Cassie May
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction Blog
This book popped my FF cherry. Since I rather enjoy MM romance I decided to give this one a chance and read FF. It was also my first time with this author, so new experiences all over the place.
The plot itself was good. It was well thought through and wrapped up quite nicely. I suspected the bad guys early on, but I don’t think that’ll be the fact for everyone. Emily was a great character and I connected deeply with her thoughts and feelings. Her
Disha Sampat
I’ve Been Looking for You is a coming of age romance novel about Max and Emily. Max is the new girl at Emily’s school and the book is about how these two fall in love. This is a cliche love story with Max being a typical “playgirl” and Emily the rich, pretty blonde. The story has some crime mystery thrown in when drugs are found outside Max’s locker, which makes it interesting.

I got a review copy of this book from the author’s publicist and I was really excited to read it, since this is the
Marla
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a heartbreaking story. Max is new to school and is different than a lot of the kids. She meets Emily who is her polar opposite but they hit it off. Emily has been dating Jason for 4 years but for the last 2 years Jason has changed. He doesn’t treat Emily well. In fact, the first time he meets Max he says he can show her a good time but Max shoots him down by telling him he isn’t her type. Emily and Max become best friends very quickly. Max doesn’t hide that she is a lesbian. Emily ...more
Shatika Turner
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good book

Though this book had editing issues, I cannot help but to give it five stars. The love between Em and Max was beautiful and the storyline was solid. I do wished i could have known what the outcome was when it came to Emily’s parents. Other than that and the editing issues, the book was great.
Maze
Feb 02, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an okay read. Clearly there are some editing issues within the book but other than that I think the author did a good job. I like the past/present format and the whole mystery surrounding what really happened with Max. I'd read another.
Jean Tiposah
Predictable but it was still enjoyable
Adddicted003

• Stars Collide
  • The Plus One
  • Who'd Have Thought
  • Going Up
  • Don't Call Me Hero (Don’t Call Me Hero, #1)
  • Aftermath
  • Casting Lacey
  • Back to September
  • Love All
  • Jericho
  • Pursuit of Happiness
  • The Princess Affair
  • Anyone But Her
  • One Little Secret (Don't Call Me Hero, #4)
  • Eyes Like Those (Seven Shores, #1)
  • The Best Lines (Chicago Series, #1)