Start by marking “Rotten Rapunzel (Dark Fairy Tale Queen #3)” as Want to Read:
Rotten Rapunzel (Dark Fairy Tale Queen #3)

Rotten Rapunzel

(Dark Fairy Tale Queen #3)

I have been in this tower for fifteen years. Snow White has frozen me inside it and covered the rest of our kingdom with ice and snow. I can't remember what summer is like. And I have never seen people or had a friend.

It's not fair. I'm a princess, the daughter of Cinderella. This kingdom belongs to ME. Not to the nasty new queen who's taken over. Snowy ruined my life, she

Published September 20th 2017

Start your review of Rotten Rapunzel (Dark Fairy Tale Queen #3)
Phoenix2
Mar 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fantasy lovers fairy tale
Shelves: fantasy
So far, I've read all three of this series and it never fails me the fast pace concept. The story flows so fast that I'vve read this one in just a day. Still, the fast pace doesn't deprive anything from the story. All in all, I like the concept of these books, thougth, I felt bad for Snow White, really bad, cause Rapunzel was mistreating her and blaming everything on her. Anyway, the book was enjoyable overall and perfect for a fast read, though, I should warn you, the characters are annoying. ...more
Abrar
I don't want to talk about this one

I won't be reading the other books for this series
Dragonfly
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 5 stars

OMG THIS BOOK WAS FANTASTIC AND A GREAT THIRD BOOK IN THIS AMAZING SERIES!!!!!

I love this series so much and the characters are just amazing. This series just seems to get better and better each book and I can't wait for the fourth book!!

I love Rapunzel so much she's such a different character and set the next book up nicely. I really hope that she's in the next book.

Beauty was okay but she was bratty a bit but I hope she will get better in the next book.

Godnutter was alright but
Scarlett
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
I think I liked this one the most so far in the series! I loved how it incorporated not just Rapunzel but also the story of Sleeping Beauty and Beauty and the Beast. This book also more than the others started giving me The Lunar Chronicles vibes, not that it had any of the cyborg/space elements but just the way the fairy tales were intertwined with each other and twisted so cleverly.

I didn’t realize that this wasn’t the last book in the series. When my kindle said that I was only 5 minutes fro
Kaci Garrett (Reading Rivalry)
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I can't say enough good things about this series. The characters intertwine so perfectly and I'm constantly guessing what the next twist will be and how they will change and converge to cause chaos in each other's lives. I love how flawed all of the characters are while still maintaining unique qualities that's correlates to the traditional princesses and characters we have grown up with. I can't wait for the next book! ...more
Angela Auten
I liked Rapunzel over Snow White. Her character wasn't as annoying. She actually met her twin sister who I did not like at all. The next book is about her too. I hope it's getting released soon. Gahh. ...more
JC
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great read!

If you Love the old fairy tales, you will Love this twist on Rapunzel. Love the new twist on old fairy tales. Can't wait for the next one!
Catherine
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fiona Titchenell
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a story about what Rapunzel would be like if her narrow education at the hands of an evil witch and total lack of social awareness had taken her in a rather less princess-like direction. Raised in a tower by the previous book’s Snow White, this Rapunzel is an especially bratty teenager who’s determined not only to see the world but to claim her birthright and crown herself queen. At the same time, she’s compellingly pitiable, desperate to have a “friend” with no concept of what that mean ...more
Michael  Thal
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
YA author Anita Valle has created a very dysfunctional family in her Dark Fairy Tale Queen Series. The novels begin with Sinful Cinderella, who turns out to be a not very pleasant young woman living with an even more unpleasant stepmother and two stepsisters—Lunilla and Melodie. Cinderella does end up marrying a sociopathic prince, who is not very charming. Through his first wife he fathered a spoiled, conniving daughter. Perhaps you’ve heard of her? Snow White.

Snow White hates her stepmother,
Alex Criddle
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This dark fairytale retelling was original and well written. I think present tense first person point of view is one of the most difficult points of view to both write and read; however, Anita Valle makes it seem quite effortless to write and very enjoyable to read. I loved that there were so many fairytale characters interwoven throughout the story, building upon the previous novels in the series. Valle’s character development shines in this novel, creating a continuous rollercoaster of feeling ...more
Just Jenn
Jan 07, 2021 rated it it was ok
25% through the book and my gosh, how did Snow White raise this girl? She's spoiled rotten and thinks she's entitled to everything. No wonder Valle titled it "Rotten Rapunzel" my gosh, I wanted to pull my hair out while reading about this snobby girl. I can't wait until she gets a reality check (currently she's in jail with her twin sis, Beauty). Also I really hope Snow will get a happy ending with Hunter...unless he lost his memories when he became...a fairy?

Finished and WOW not one person was
Taylor
Dec 14, 2019 rated it liked it
It's funny how she names her Rotten because Rapunzel isn't rotten. She just doesn't know and understand something's because she was locked in a tower for years. I actually don't like the end of this one. It's sad and I'm wondering where the heck her fairy was to save her from things cause it seems everyone else had one. It shows at the end of my book there is supposed to be one about Beauty which she is horrible but maybe things could turn out better for everyone and finally have a happy ending, ...more
Susan
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rapunzel has been locked in her tower by Snow White, and the world is sealed in ice and snow. Based on the previous book (Sneaky Snow White) Rapunzel is Cinderella's daughter. Confusing, no? To make things more mixed-up, Snow White is now the Snow Queen (or Ice Witch, to some!) and the prince who takes Rapunzel out is named Kay. Talk about stirring up a mix of tales! It was a fun read, though.

Still can't find the owned book section.... And the date finished won't work either.
Purchased April 8 20
Beth
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ya but a good read

Rapunzel meets Beauty and the Beast. I enjoyed from start to finish. Short enough that I read in a morning but well written and engaging enough to hold my attention. There wasn't a plot twist that I saw coming even though I grew up on fairy tales. A perfect blend of the story's while still keeping the original formulas and twist along with the new concepts. I was not disappointed at all and now I'm waiting for the next installment of this series
Shavon Brown
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Drags on a little to long. They are all rotton, happy to know Hunter is still alive. The sisters are seperated at birth and still somehow manage to find each other. This is not what the sitting queen, Lunilla wants. She tries to destroy the sisters but the sisters beat her to it. Destroying one another. Now Beauty is under a sleeping curse and Rapunzel is blind, and now living at the cottage preparing to become the witch of the woods.
Tia
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Liked it

Trapped in a tower "for her own good" by her stepsister Snow White, Rapunzel longs for nothing more than to experience the world beyond. A kind stranger lures her out, pretending to be her friend. Chaos immediately ensues and all she wants is to be with Snowy back in their lonely tower. I love how the author weaves together characters from The Ice / Snow Queen, Rapunzel, Cinderella, Snow White, Beauty and the Beast, and Sleeping Beauty.
Morgan (youarethelibrarian)
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
This author does an amazing job of making you hate a character's attitude one minute, then feel sorry for the character the next, and back and forth and back and forth it goes. The heartbreaking thing, however, is that so far there is no happily ever after. Just when you think things may work out (especially for one of my favorite characters), something terrible happens.

I love how the author has imagined a transformation for each of these characters that is logical yet a unique interpretation at
Allie
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good Book but...

Good book fast paced. An easy read with a enough plot twist to keep you guessing. The ending left the story open for the next book, but it was too abrupt and ambiguous left me frustrated. Still a good read. A book teen and parents can read together.
Amanda Reiter
Nov 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
great book!

this isn't my favorite in her bad princess collection, but it was still a great read. She has a way of showing my beloved princess's in a new light while keeping their original stories familiar. I would highly reccomend the series!
Kirby
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another Stunning addition to the Dark Fairy Tale Queen series. I believe it's safe to say this series is quickly becoming one of my favorite novella style series. The way the characters intertwine is amazingly well thought out. Fun, Fast Paced, and true to the heart. Long Live Queen Anita!!!! ...more
Rachael
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I loved Rotten Rapunzel just as much as I have loved the other evil princess stories. She seems sweet and innocent, but Rapunzel is a girl on a mission. I love how these fairy tales are twisted together. I’m excited for the next book in the series.
lynne preston
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Interesting Version!

I really found this book interesting and a different twist on the fairy tale of Raphael that I knew. I loved how Anita tied Cinderella, Snow white and Rupunzle . Very well written! I'm in suspense for the next book!
losira13gmail.com
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was another good book

Last book in the series and I enjoyed reading it and the other two as well. I love twists to fairy tales that everyone grew up with. Looking forward to the next book in the series when it comes out!
Rachel Brantley
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read

I love these books! They are so much better to read than the nice girl books that are normally out there. And the blending of the stories makes it so much more enjoyable!
Megan Corden
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Did not disappoint

So much fun to read. I loved the character development of Rapunzel. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Sheena-kay Graham
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, indie
My favorite of the series so far.
Ash
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
She has raised the bar for fairy tales retold. This is The book you should be reading right now. Best Fairytale retelling series ever.
Joanna
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love the twist she puts on the classic fairy tales!! So much creativity!!
Jessica Ouellette
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
❤️

I love this book series, it’s such a fun twist on classic Fairytales. I can’t wait for the next installment.

• Cinderella Is Evil (Fairy Tales Retold, #1)
  • Ugly Sleeping Beauty (Fairy Tales Retold, #4)
  • Saving Rapunzel (Fairy Tales Retold, #2)
  • Un dulce olor a muerte
  • Crown of Power (The Hidden Mage, #4)
  • Hansel and Gretel: Devil Children
  • Crown of Danger (The Hidden Mage, #2)
  • Crown of Strength (The Hidden Mage, #3)
  • The Wickeds (Faraway Collection)
  • The Princess Game (Faraway Collection)
  • The Cleaners (Faraway Collection)
  • Fated: Cinderella's Story (Destined, #1)
  • The Princess Crown (The Princess Trials, #3)
  • Crown of Secrets (The Hidden Mage, #1)
  • Unhitched: The Untold Story of the Evil Queen 2 (Dewitched #2)
  • بیست زخم کاری
  • دیوان فروغ فرخزاد
  • The Messengers
I think people like to read lists more than paragraphs, so I'll do my bio as such.

* Born and raised in Philly, home of the best cheesesteaks.

* Except for first grade, homeschooled all the way through.

* Two younger brothers and two younger sisters who are my very bestest friends.

* Married at 20, had three kids by 30. Developed the Nine Princesses during that period.

* Gave up the project several tim

Dark Fairy Tale Queen (3 books)
  • Sinful Cinderella (Dark Fairy Tale Queen, #1)
  • Sneaky Snow White (Dark Fairy Tale Queen, #2)