Start by marking “Coal Miner (Dirty Men, #1)” as Want to Read:
Coal Miner (Dirty Men, #1)

Coal Miner

(Dirty Men #1)

JAKOB

I didn’t deserve her, but I desired her regardless. I saw her and wanted her innocence as my own, to mark her so every other man knew she belonged to me. And even though I knew better than to go after her, I wouldn’t stay away.

I couldn’t.

She’d be mine no matter what. Screw the repercussions it might have. Forget the fact I would be corrupting her. Poppy was all I want
50 pages
Published September 11th 2017 by Jenika Snow

To ask other readers questions about Coal Miner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coal Miner

Alex ♈
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hero-i-liked, safe
I love to be positively surprised 😊

This book is a sweet safe hot smut,
but
has a very unusual for CR and great, IMO, trope with older brother, who actually DOES support his young sister and DOESN'T forbid her and his friend to date.

Are you shocked too? *lol*

When did you read such storyline last time?
I even can't remember a single book with an older brother who said:
”…but you are also a grown woman and know what you want. You’re smart, got a level head, and you never have been one to be reckless.
Deborah
Sep 12, 2017 rated it liked it

3.5*

This is a fabulous short smutty read and it makes a nice change from all the billionaires to have a hot working man, a miner as one of the main characters. A man who's body has been shaped and muscled through manual labour not the gym.

Plus there's not a virgin in sight.....I know gasp!
Now don't get me wrong I love the older man/younger virginal woman reads and I kind of hoped/assumed in the beginning that Poppy had saved that for Jakob but then it was also nice that this book was different.

H
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

descriptionGreat job with the cover of this one. Good representation of the hero and story. Good use of graphics. Good composition and title work.description

description

descriptionThis review is going to be rather short because the book itself was super short. I liked it well enough. There wasn't anything new here, but I wasn't expecting it to be different either. It is what it is. A super short, super hot, insta-love story. The heroine was 19 (and not a virgin), and the hero was 15 years older (again not a virgin). A bunch of inner though
Karla
Oct 04, 2017 rated it liked it
This one was surprisingly good super quick, sexy and sweet even though it's insta love it wasn't cheesy. Loved Jakob, his a coal miner and a hard worker who know he wants poppy since the first moment he sees her. This is the first book in the series of (Dirty Men) written by different authors I really like it. It was a good start to this series. ❤

♡Tonya♡
Short and sweet! A perfect lunch break read.
100% safe
- no cheating
-no ow/om drama whatsoever
-older man/younger woman
-no violence of any nature
-instalove
-ok epilogue
Sophia Triad
Just tell me you want it and it's yours. All of me is yours, Poppy.

If you like your men big and dirty, but also with a pure soul; this book is for you.
Denna✌
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Short, Hot and Safe!!! Loved it
Joyce Mercês
Sep 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
Coal Miner is a super short and super hot story. There is one HOT sex scene and a sweet epilogue. I liked it! I liked the characters and the writing! Quick and fun!

Stacie
Sep 17, 2017 rated it liked it
3+ super quickie, sweet, sexy, smutty stars!
ѦИԌЄLѦ
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Crei que iva a estar mas entretenido como era chica 19 y tipo de 34 anos pero nones
pero haber si leo el que sigue
Andrea
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
HOT smut!
April Symes
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a quick and erotic novella that will keep you entertained and also amps up the heat factor TONS due to the heat between Poppy and Jakob!
Poppy is 19, lives with her brother Kevin and goes to school. She is in love with her brother’s co worker Jakob –thing is he is like fifteen years older than Poppy. The heat between them is insanely hot. He too wants Poppy and their encounter came about after her brother ok’d everything…only IF he was “serious” about Poppy. When he committed his seriousn
Kate Hastings
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is exactly what it says it is - a short and steamy story about a hard working manly man who decides it's time to get his girl.

It's fast, so it's not complicated - and if you clicked it, you know that going in - but there was still enough character development for you to engage with the hero & heroine & cheer for their HEA.

A good read for a quick bookish escape for time poor smutty romance lovers.
Reckless Readers
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Short, Hot & straight to the point without all the Drama! This is the story of Jakob & Poppy and kickstarts the Dirty Men Series! There may be a 15 year age gap but That doesn't stop these two from instant love!

**Reviewed by Christiann**
short,sweet, completely safe
Bibliophile Wonderland Reviews
Sep 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
This was a quick straight to the point and just plain filthy. Poppy is 19 and has a massive crush on Jakob who is 15 years older then her. Jakob has been watching Poppy since she started dropping off his co worker Kevin. Will Poppy's brother get in they way to get what they really want? Kevin is Poppy's older brother and calls them both on separate occasion if they have feeling from one another. Will Poppy finally get to her sense and say something? Will Jakob finally take what he already know i ...more
Alba M.
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Ya sabéis que mis notas en referencia a libros cortos son diferentes que con libros extensos. Para mí 3 estrellas en un libro corto es un 10.
En este caso está pequeña historia de 35 páginas cuenta como Poppy y Jakob están enamorados el uno del otro pero nunca se han atrevido a decirlo. Él, porque es 15 años mayor que ella y ella porque cree que el no la quiere de esa forma y además piensa que su hermano se enfadara.

La historia ha estado bien, sin más, creo que ha intentado copiar un poco a Ale
Renee Entress
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, read-2017, series
5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, and dirty talking naughty fun.

This is Poppy and Jakob’s story. She is innocent and forbidden but that does not stop him from wanting her. He is older but that is also not an issue. He wants her and he is going to have her. She wants him even if she does not understand all her feelings. She looks for him when she goes into the mines and she sees that he is looking at her. The heart wants what the heart wants. Even before a touch the
Janice Somers
A quick, dirty read that I enjoyed reading in about 30 minutes but well worth it.

Poppy lives with her brother and was going to school. She's nineteen and in love with a man that she's never said a word to but, with a look conveys how she felt about him.
Jakob is fifteen years older than Poppy but he wants her as his.
Her brother has noticed how he looks at her when she comes to pick him up after work. He talks to Poppy and confirms what she feels about Jakob. The next day at lunch he talks to Ja
melanie
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
How can you not love a Jenika Snow hero?? Jakob was everything a hero should be sweet when it was needed but rough when you wanted it. Poppy was a sweet young thing that had only ever wanted Jakob. These characters were made for each other. Read this book you will not be disappointed.
M.K.
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Short, hot instalove of Jakob an older coal miner and woman Poppy. A must read. First in the multi-author Dirty Men series!
Flo Grugel
Sep 09, 2017 rated it liked it
super short filth
Karoline
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: celibate-hero, safe
This was definitely a quickie! Super short and super hot. Jakob and Poppy were so cute together, both shy at first but once they go over that it was amazing!
C
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: totally-safe
4.5/5

Hot fast safe read

-Insta love
-Both not virgins
-H not a man whore, it's been years
-OTT alpha
-No OW Drama
-HEA with epilogue
Raecharmed
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There's nothing sexier than a hard working man and Jakob is the perfect example of this. Jakob is a coal miner he works hard and then goes home alone because the woman he wants is Poppy a co-worker's sister. Poppy has been attracted since she first saw him when she started picking her brother up from work. Unable to hide it she talks to her brother about it who then tells her if Jakob is what she wants then she should see if he feels the same. What she didn't expect was for her brother to have t ...more
Liz ~ Liz's Reading Life
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What's sexier then a hard working man?

A hard working man with a Jenika Snow twist.

Coal Miner is a sweet, sexy, and dirty that will get your heart pumping and panties melting.

Jakob is all man and works hard at his job. And up until lately, no woman has ever caught his eye until a fellow working needed his sister to drive him around.

Poppy may be half Jakob's age, but he's want she wants with every fiber of her being. If only was just a little braver she could finally approach him.

An unexpected sec
Lauren
I really enjoyed this book. I read and finished this book within half an hour. From page one I was hooked.
I really liked Jakob and Poppy. The chemistry between them was clear to see. I liked the insta love between them. I liked that they both knew what they wanted. They didn’t play games or have reservations. They truly gave into their love for one another.
I loved that Kevin didn’t forbid the relationship. He didn’t try and stop his baby sister from dating his friend. Instead, he helped by tal
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Love Jenika Snow... and her words, characters, and really just anything that this author creates. Her books are always sexy, sweet, over the top and full of insta-deliciousness! While they may not be overly deep or full of angst, they are packed with tons of emotions and heat.

She might be young and innocent, but he's gonna dirty her up and give her... everything.

Coal Miner was a hot and steamy little book that made me squirm in my seat and left my heart racing. Jakob and Poppy were life.
Jenika Snow is a USA Today Bestselling Author, and has been a published writer since 2009.

She can be found at:

www.jenikasnow.com
FB: www.facebook.com/jenikasnow
Twitter: twitter.com/jenikasnow
Email: Jenika_Snow@yahoo.com

Dirty Men (4 books)
  • Hard Hat (Dirty Men #2)
  • Rough Neck (Dirty Men #3)
  • Mechanic
“I didn’t want any other woman, hadn’t since the moment I saw her and felt this fire consume me.” 0 likes