Start by marking “The Vixen's Lead (Kit Davenport #1)” as Want to Read:
The Vixen's Lead (Kit Davenport #1)

The Vixen's Lead

(Kit Davenport #1)

I want vengeance so badly that I can almost taste it. It's all I've ever wanted. So, I did what anyone in my unique position would do. I slapped on a secret identity and became an internationally renowned thief, known as The Fox. Nobody knows me. Nobody can catch me.

Or so I thought...

It turns out; I have what they want. Special abilities. And trust me, these abilities
Published September 19th 2017 (first published September 19th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Vixen's Lead, please sign up.
Kitty Katz Kind of, there is a bit of insta-lust but deeper relationships take longer to form.
Kitty Katz Yes, Kit gets involved with several men throughout the series.

Start your review of The Vixen's Lead (Kit Davenport #1)
Helen 2.0
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Helen 2.0 by: Sh3lly
Some of my MacHalo buddies are in the middle of a reverse harem craze - I, of course, am above such silly fancies and am only reading along with them to make them feel better ;)

The Vixen's Lead follows Kit Davenport aka The Fox, a daytime high school senior, nighttime international master thief with a difficult past as an abused orphan. Her secret identity is uncovered by some elite secret agents (who are somehow all under 25) and joins the team to protect her job and her best friend/mastermind
Sh3lly
WARNING: Over the top, silly, fun, sexy brain candy ahead! The author’s debut, The Vixen’s Lead, is about Kit Davenport, an 18-year-old thief. She grew up in an abusive foster home before being adopted by a secretive “Daddy Warbucks” type (see, I told you it was over the top). She goes to a sort of posh high school with her best friend, Lucy (who grew up with her in the foster home). Lucy is a genius hacker type who assists Kit (known as “The Fox” when she is thieving).

Kit gets introduced to
Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink*
If you know me, you know I will read just about anything with that nasty delicious reverse harem tag on it. Call me sick. Call me silly. Call me obsessed. I don't care. It's my vice and I love it.

However, this little problem of mine can lead to some rather unsavory books. Many of these books are PWP type stories with a rather flimsy excuse for a gang bang of some sort, most of which I cannot stomach to finish. All the men fall instantly into love with the female victim LEAD and cannot keep their
Marguerite (M)
Rating : 4 stars

Cool heroine? Check.
Overprotective alpha males? Check.
Humor? Check.
Awesome female best friend? Check.
Sexual tension? Check.
Action? Kinda check.
New boyfriend for my harem? Definitely check.

- Hot hot hot
- No insta-love (yay!!)
- #FemaleFriendshipRules & Lucy is awesome.

The Vixen's Lead is a great begining for a series that got all the potential to be also great. Kit and the guys are great characters by themselves and totally awesome together, the book is fast paced, exciting and
Cece Rose
Wow.

The Basics:
Genre: Paranormal Reverse-Harem
Standalone/series: Series. Book #1
Rating: 5 stars.

I finished this book, and then I stared at my kindle in silence for about ten minutes after finishing, just processing what I'd just read. And do you want to know what i'd just read? The best god damn book I've read all year.

I'll keep it spoiler-free, as I know the book hasn't released yet, and I don't want to ruin anything for anyone.

Chesca's Checklist of Awesomeness.
-Amazing characters.
Alaina
OMG! OKAY, SO THIS IS A REREAD AND I'M SO HAPPY THAT I'M REREADING THIS SERIOUS.

First, I found out that I never actually finished this thing and I was very disappointed with myself. Like, I definitely sat in front of a mirror and gave myself 'the talk'. Then I realized that it has been like over a year since I first read this? LIKE WAIT WHAT? What the hell was I doing with my life? I have so many questions and no answers. So yeah, long story short - super disappointed in myself.

The Vixen's Lead
Alaina
HOLY SHIT GUYS!
I freaking loved everything about this book.
No.. really... I DID!
Can I marry this thing?

Do I even need to warn you about spoilers?
Yes, yes I do. Don't read if you haven't read this book yet.

(view spoiler)
Tamra Shaughnessy
Why in God's name are you still reading the reviews?!? Haven't you read enough already....quit wasting time and go read it. You won't be disappointed. Promise. Pinky swear.
Kim
It was my first reverse harem book and I’m not saying I didn’t think it was at least a liiiiittle bit weird but I got over it fast. I think this book kinda sorta eased me into the new world of... sharing.

Fun characters, interesting backstories (and new main story) that I want to know more about, and honestly who cares about who Kit sleeps with, because they are all great guys in their own way. I liked that they all have a different nickname for her (well, most of them) and they all genuinly
Jacqueline's Reads
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku
3.5 – 4 Stars (Reverse Harem with little to no steam)

I saw this book pop up on my MMF and reverse Harem feeds. I had no idea what it was about and I started it and stopped and waited a few months and went back to it because of the reviews.

The MEGA disappointment was the face this book is 100% tame. I guess I don’t understand the reverse harem slow burn books. Don’t get me wrong, it was an engaging read, a lot of stuff happened and I liked all five guys, but the slow burn? I don’t know if it was
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
It's another day in the reverse harem universe, where we have four guys(since Austin is being stubborn) that want one girl for no apparent reason.

It is still an enjoyable read, lets hope it's the magic that makes them attracted to her.
Christy Bailey
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing first book to this series! I can't believe I waited so long to start reading this. It so intriguing and I can honestly say I did not see that coming with Kits Dad! Oh and I can't wait to see how the relationship with the guys plays out. Especially Austin!
Rhea_Sways
After seeing such glowing review of the book in reverse harem genre with fiction and an exciting plot I ready to bite into this juicy book.....

Oh boy was I seriously disappointed.

1. The h is this badass robber yet come time she just gets fucked over repeatedly and has no skills to speak off. This is called uhh lack of characterization.. Casually girl-on-girl hate, lots of circumventing to essentially make up for this pea-brained twat we are supposed to call the main character.

2. Inconsistent
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
Shit, did I just drool a little? I wiped my mouth while pretending to scratch my face.
Nope, all clear, just mental drool.

I really enjoyed being in Kit's head throughout this book. Not only is she amusing, she's feisty and her wandering thoughts around all 5 men were fun to read. Not only that but the plot kept me interested throughout actually above any romance going on. If I were to knock anything it would be that I didn't really get a feeling for why exactly they all liked her. Aside from
Jessica

~~~~MacHalo Buddy Read~~~~

So, somehow some of us went down a reverse harem hole and aren't coming out anytime soon. One female, more than one male. In this case 5. Part of the fun is picking your favorite while you read.

So, although Kit is a bit meh. Her boys aren't. And although the story could use more, The boys are great and it's enough of a plot to keep reading.
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Now this was an awesome reverse harem book! Great characters and sexy as hell! I think I already have a favorite guy though... on to book 2!
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
Not bad - the writing style is fine and the build-up believable enough. It's an interesting twist how they came together and how she does her crimes. For some reason I'm not feeling much interest when she does bond with any of the guys though, not fully sure why. The main character has a rough past but has recovered a great deal. It's not fully realistic, of course, with her abilities and motivations so early in life and focuses mainly on a creepy story where human subjects are being tested on ...more
Princess J. Antoinette
This a pretty good read so far... nice storyline and oh I'm so loving our bad ass heroine with her kick ass heroes... yeah this series it right up my alley...

Okay so onto book 2...

Overall rating:
4.5*~ Pretty Good
✨Skye✨
Aw man, this was trashy and kinda bad but it's also a guilty pleasure, and I can't wait to continue the series! It's just very light hearted (for the most part, with a few horrible moments) and I didn't think too much reading this. It's a reverse harem, so I was expecting something extreme and sexual, but luckily it isn't like that at all! Yes, she does have multiple love interests, but they're all very respectful and she has a good relationship with each of them.
This book follows Kit, an
❤Rachel Anne's Romance Must Reads❤
I can't believe I did this to myself again. I thought I saw 3 books available. Well the 2nd is out but I have to wait until the end of January for the 3rd!

This is another reverse harem paranormal and so far is awesome as of reading books 1 and 2. Things in book one aren't as graphic as book 2. Def adult only.

Loved this book and going to start book 2 now. Full review once the series is finished.
Kate's Corner
3.5

I’ve been wanting to read this series for a while now and I really liked it.

Kit Davenport is a regular high school student by day. By night she is the Fox and steals from the criminally rich and gives it to the poor. Her last heist is about to go slightly hay wire though.

I really liked Kit as a heroine even though is in school, she is 18. She is tough, sassy and has some insecurities that make her likeable.

Hot, alpha men are turning up in Cascade Falls and Kit isn’t sure why but one thing
Jennifer G
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reverse-harem
Amazing! Please note that as a rule I do not award 5 stars to the first book in a series. I let the series earn a 5 by the final book. However for The Vixen's Lead I am making an exception. I loved this book from the first to the last word.

Kit had a crappy childhood in foster care, one that she has tried to put behind her once she was adopted. Some nightmares can't be forgotten however and revenge works better for Kit than therapy. Along with her best friend/sister Lucy on tech support, Kit has
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kit Davenport is an internationally wanted thief known as the Fox. She's also a high school student, former foster kid, and has some strange abilities like rapid healing, super strength and speed. When she is hired to steal some documents about a secret lab project that created people with similar abilities, she wonders if she might have stumbled onto a clue to her birth. Around the same time, there are a bunch of hot guys that stumble into her life in the small school where her boarding school ...more
Felicia
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second time read & review July 2019

UGH! I love this series so much! I'm so happy my girl, Andy, convinced me to buddy read this series with her for her first time!

Kit is still one of my most favorite of all time heroines. She is so bad ass. She sometimes does stupid stuff but it's all in the name of love for her friends. Kit had a terrible childhood and she doesn't let it dictate who she is as an adult. The childhood she had to endure made her a better, stronger person. And it makes you
Sharon Mariampillai
Thank you Sharon J for recommending this series to me. This was an amazing read. The story just got better and better as the story continued. It also got hotter and hotter. I mean I wish I was Kit surround by these 5 guys: River, Cole, Caleb, Austin and Wesley. I loved the heroine, Kit Davenport. She was badass and snarky. She is one of my favourite heroines. Now onto the boys. River is the Brit that makes me swoon because he has authority and the quality of a leader. Cole is the fighter. I find ...more
Amanda
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, own, uno-april
My review can also be found here:https://devouringbooks2017.wordpress....

I received a review copy from Netgalley for a voluntary review of my honest opinion.

I am a fan of books about con artists and thieves. It's one of the reasons thatSix of Crows is my favorite book. So when I read the blurb and found out this was a fantasy about a thief I requested a review copy from Netgalley right away.

This was actually a really good book, a lot better than anticipated. This is definitely NA and not YA,
Mae
4.5 Kitty Kat Stars!

This was such a great book. The plot was engaging, well paced, suspenseful, and everything else I could have asked for in a paranormal series.

The heroine, Kit, is a sassy, hilarious, and kick-ass (literally) female lead with mysterious special abilities. She's also a part-time white collar thief and full-time student. I was immediately drawn to her character.

Our heroes are delicious!!!! They are what reverse harem (RH) dreams are made of: sexy, possessive, protective, and
Kelly
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rh-read, favorites
This book is so freaking GOOD!

I have a feeling I'm going to binge-read this entire series and I'm not even ashamed to be addicted after reading only one book. I'm loving these characters so damn much and I can't wait to find out more about the story. This is a must-read for reverse-harem lovers ;).

This is such a quick and easy read. I love the humor in this book, and the sexy moments as well. The guys are all swoon-worthy. I love them all and I'm excited to see how their relationships develop.
Aly
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
This was really good! I love reverse harem books and this was well written. The romance was there, but they're young and we're building on it so it was slow. Normally I don't like slower romances, but it fit the story and there was enough that I was happy. The paranormal aspect was cool and I can't wait to learn more about it in the rest of the series. The guys were fun, except Austin who needs to get over himself, but Cole is my favorite of the guys. He's a fighter and I like that he's tough, ...more
Isabela
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, 2018
This was so much fun! :D

• Four Psychos (The Dark Side #1)
  • Marked By Power (The Marked, #1)
  • Three Trials (The Dark Side, #2)
  • Academy of Assassins (Academy of Assassins, #1)
  • Signs of Cupidity (Heart Hassle #1)
  • Power of Five (Power of Five, #1)
  • Born of Embers (Phoenix Rising #1)
  • Two Kingdoms (The Dark Side #3)
  • Bonds of Cupidity (Heart Hassle, #2)
  • Pack Ebon Red (The Seven Mates of Zara Wolf, #1)
  • Strength (Curse of the Gods, #4)
  • Trying To Live With The Dead (The Veil Diaries, #1)
  • Seduction (Curse of the Gods #3)
  • Allison's Adventures in Underland (Harem of Hearts #1)
  • A Life Of Shadows (The Redemption Saga, #1)
  • Finding Somewhere to Belong (Seaside Wolf Pack, #1)
  • Marked By Pain (The Marked, #2)
  • Spirited (The Academy Of Spirits And Shadows, #1)

Kit Davenport (6 books)
  • The Dragon's Wing (Kit Davenport, #2)
  • The Tiger’s Ambush (Kit Davenport, #3)
  • The Viper's Nest (Kit Davenport, #4)
  • The Crow’s Murder (Kit Davenport, #5)
  • The Alpha’s Pack (Kit Davenport, #6)