Start by marking “The Tactical Guide to Women: How Men Can Manage Risk in Dating and Marriage” as Want to Read:
The Tactical Guide to Women: How Men Can Manage Risk in Dating and Marriage

The Tactical Guide to Women: How Men Can Manage Risk in Dating and Marriage

For men, love is a high-stakes gamble. The right woman can be the best part of a man’s life, and the wrong one can lead to personal and financial ruin. In today’s climate, no man should venture into romance without a reliable risk-management strategy.

The Tactical Guide to Women delivers a solid plan for allowing the right women into your life, and keeping the wrong ones
Published September 1st 2017 by Mesa Press

To ask other readers questions about The Tactical Guide to Women, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tactical Guide to Women

Start your review of The Tactical Guide to Women: How Men Can Manage Risk in Dating and Marriage
Cara
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: life
I got this book because I was curious about how much overlap it would have with the same author's book for women about how to pick good men. Each book has three key traits to look for, and two are clearly the same: emotional maturity and mental health/stability. I was curious if "clarity" (in women) was equivalent to "purpose" (in men), or if they're different concepts.

Although I devoured the book for women about men, this one took a lot longer to get into. The content of the first three
Петър Стойков
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Въпреки заглавието си, The Tactical Guide to Women е една практична психологическа книга, която да помогне на сериозния мъж, който търси жена за сериозна връзка.

В "мъжкото интернет пространство" се въртят десетки книги, които си поставят за цел да ни покажат истината за женската психика, да изобличат феминизма, да ни помогнат да сваляме повече и по-красиви жени. Но какво да прави човек, който не иска да обикаля дискотеки и кафета в търсене на поредната свалка (или, както е по-често случаят с
Shannon
An overview of the qualities to seek in a mate if one chooses to marry as well as an idea of the risks involved for those with assets if they choose the wrong mate.

MY GRADE: B plus.
SilverReader
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Required reading for men of all ages. Goes far beyond marriage in its advice. I will make sure to read it again when on a serious relationship.
Oliver
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you're a man, and have any interest in getting into a relationship of any kind, do yourself a favour and read this book.

You won't regret it
Gregor
This is a great resource for people (men especially, there's an equivalent book for women by the same author) who contemplate the possibility of dating, marrying, or having anything to do with the opposite sex that involves anything more than a non-platonic interaction or a one-night-stand. I cannot claim that it is the best or final resource, nor does the author, a clinical psychologist by profession, claim anything of the sort either.

Married men might also benefit from this book, at least to
Jack
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Take luck and chicanery out of the game. An educated, psychological look at relationships.

Part one focuses on us, the man. We can't expect anything without handling our shite first. Becoming a 'high-status man' simplifies the dating game. Smith has a brilliant section on values which allowed me to put words on this oftentimes vague concept. He's doesn't cotton wool the situation. Life's going to be challenging and our minds need supervision. Otherwise our monkey brains will pursue hedonistic
Igor Stojanov
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book offers a well-researched guide to relationships from a male perspective. The author states that humans can be defined by a set of core beliefs which are formed from conclusions born out from survival logic. These core beliefs are often reflected involuntary through our behavior mostly but can also be identified by ourselves if we make the effort. Apparently, shared beliefs are a very important indicator for compatibility. What a surprise? (sarcasm).

The women who are good partners,
Mistadikay
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The title of this book might make you think that it's something misogynistic and out of pickup-artistry world. That's not the case it all.

The author highlights the differences between male and female psychology and he does it respectively, without looking down on women but rather acknowledging the simple facts based on research.

First third of the book gives recommendations to men how to be the best possible partner they can be —because relationships is obviously not a one-sided game and partners
Jose Vallejo
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the book many men need to read, it asks you to ask yourself the right questions when it comes to women. It also gives the view that people need for pursuing women, a healthy approach to making meaningful relationships with humans. I am 19 years old and recently went through a relationship with an immature girl, I wish I had read this book 3 months ago when I noticed the red flags, and I would have saved myself so much time and effort.
John
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best relationship books I’ve ever read. You’ll feel like you’re sitting down and having a face-to-face conversation with Shawn about applied psychology. This book reads really fast; once I started, I couldn’t put it down. I highly recommend this book if you want to learn more about women, relationships, and yourself.
Jeff
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Read 1/2/2019
Explains the psychology and inner-workings on marriage and relationships people are afraid to talk about. The culture and norms are changing and it’s important for both men and women to read this book. I see the societal change happening to delay or forego marriage because of the stuff this book points out. Definitely worth reading.
Christina Bloomfield
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Women, read this book. Then read the book written for women by the same author. I plan to. If the man in your life is trying to be a better man for you show him your appreciation by becoming a better woman for him. Great insight into who we are as women, real and honest. Everyone has room for improvement.
Julian
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The pill of truth. Highly recommended for any man seeking to understand how to make a long-term relationship work. The tactical guide provides a clear, defined, systematic approach to attracting and maintaining high quality LTRs by embracing masculinity, having clear values, and identifying/avoiding pitfalls.
Alex
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
YES! This was superb and I will definitely be reading this again. Recommended by a friend, I think every hetero dude should read this...especially if you find yourself falling for bad women, too. 5 stars +
Joshua
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This should be mandatory reading for any man entering any kind of relationship with the opposite sex.

Probably the most important advice is about marriage: DON'T DO IT. Unless you want to take a huge risk.

The chapters on finding a healthy woman and red flags to avoid are excellent.
Luke Hartman
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book

Really good book to teach you how to be prepared. Presented excellently. Thank you for this excellent book. All the best.
Tai Tai
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
should be required reading in college.
Dragon Noir
Best book so far on dating and marriage
Shaun
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the better, and more realistic relationship books I've read. Could have used some light editing.
Michelle
I would recommend this book to women. It was interesting and informative. It gave me some insight into how men might think and it was interesting to look at relationships thru a mans perspective
Andres
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book with solid advice to men. Some of it is intuitive, but I enjoyed his piece on the legal aspect of things. This should be taught in schools.
misganaw wovnach
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!

Wow. Great well written book. Thank you Dr Shawn Smith for these priceless tips.
I will recommend this to all of my friends!
Norman Lowe
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a book I wished I had read twenty years ago.

Dr. Smith lays out very practical advice that men of all ages and backgrounds will benefit from - and so will the women they choose to be with.

The book is well written, easy to understand, and full wisdom for men. It is a must read, especially for younger men who have yet to embark in any serious relationships.
Lucienburm

• Mode One: Let The Women Know What You're Really Thinking
  • Dating Essentials for Men: The Only Dating Guide You Will Ever Need
  • The First 20 Hours: How to Learn Anything...Fast
  • Models: Attract Women Through Honesty
  • Men on Strike: Why Men Are Boycotting Marriage, Fatherhood, and the American Dream - and Why It Matters
  • A More Complete Beast