Start by marking “Twelve (The Naturals, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Twelve (The Naturals, #4.5)

Twelve

(The Naturals #4.5)

Cassie Hobbes has been working with the FBI since she was a teenager. Now twenty-three years old, she and her fellow Naturals have taken over running the program that taught them everything they know. As a unit, they're responsible for identifying new Naturals--and solving particularly impossible cases. When their latest case brings back a ghost from their past, Cassie and ...more
Published November 7th 2017 by Disney Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Twelve, please sign up.
A. Bailey This might have been because Cassie and Dean are dating, and also Lia and Michael tend to be in an on and off relationship.

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
It was so darn good to be back in this world with these characters. Still one of my favorites series from this author and with all the developments in this novella, I can only hope more or at the very least, a spin off is to follow.
Stephanie ((Strazzybooks))
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it

I really enjoyed seeing these characters again! I didn’t realize how much I had missed them until I got a short story…now I need more! This story gave interesting background to the Naturals and what they were experiencing at age 12, and it updated the reader on their current lives at age 23. It also introduces us to Mackenzie, a girl the Naturals previously rescued. MacKenzie is currently 12 and shows “Naturals” tendencies. Do I dare hope for a spin-off?
Maggie ☘ (Reader-in-Wonderland)
This short was just such a treat to read! I adore each and every one of these five loveable misfits! Cassie, Lia, Dean, Sloane and Michael. We get to see them once again, around six years later after the events of the last book in the Naturals series.

I don't know how Jennifer Lynn Barnes does it, but even within a short around 100 pages novella, she menages to write an intelligently plotted, compelling and most of all surprising mystery case! I certainly have not guessed the killer.

Everyone who
Dora
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
***4.5 Stars***

*I've read this final book in The Naturals series back in August 2017, but forgot to mark it as read.*

It follows our main heroes Cassie, Dean, Michael and Lia five years after the events of Bad Blood, while they try to solve yet another murder mystery.

Because this book was only 128 pages long, I won't give anything away - I'll just let you know that if you read this series and liked it, you'll enjoy this novella as well!
Aleksandra
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-releases
4.5 stars!

I love this series and I'm so glad Jennifer Lynn Barnes published this novella/epilogue/last case novella.
Twelve is gripping and entertaining. I love seeing my favorite Naturals, I missed them so much. I want to reread original series now...

The composition of the novella is perfectly balanced between flashbacks, the present time and the mindset of the killer.

Cassie and her friends are now all grown up. I'm glad to see them still together, solving crimes and being awesome.
The cast is de
Madison
Sep 24, 2017 marked it as to-read
WHAT!! How did I not know this existed until just now!! This is so exciting!!!
Hollis
To be honest I didn't really feel like there was enough character development/growth shown in this story to warrant a post-series novella. We're to believe characters to have gone five years since the final book and.. nothing has changed? And those flashbacks, I didn't really get the point. Hadn't we already known all that information?

Anyway, while this was hardly a big commitment as far as read-time goes, I ended up enjoying the teaser for Barnes' next book (!!) more than I enjoyed TWELVE.
Veronica Morfi
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great glimpse of how life is for the Naturals 5 years after the end of the last book. I wish there were more books to this series. It's hard to say goodbye.
 ⇝LEAH⇜
Excellent addition to The Naturals Series…I would love it if she did a spin-off of this series with a whole new set of naturals. It seems like this book set that premise up anyway. So, maybe that's her intention all along.

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏
~MY RATING~
4.3/5 STARS - GRADE=A-
๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~๏~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Book Cover~ It fits with all the other covers in this series…
Series~ The Naturals #4.5
Setting~ Maine
Source~ I Own Kindle eBook

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~๏~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jacquelyn Simon
I hadn't realized how much a genuinely missed these characters, it was like revisiting family.
I hope she releases more books in this series, I can never seem to get enough.
claire
Oct 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Still patiently waiting for book 5
description
Aline
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Twelve by Jennifer Lynn Barnes *5.0 stars* 01/06/2018.
I loved the Naturals series and of course I loved the idea of having a glimpse on the lives of the characters 5 years later. What I liked the most on this novella was to remember how to feel inside of the book, inside of the characters minds. With all questions they make themselves in order to analyse and profile, I caught myself working with them, getting close to the answers at the same time they were. I recommend to every person who rea
Ellie
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 out of 5 Stars

Super quick read!

Twelve read just like the originals. Though this did just make me even sadder that this series is over. I will always love this family. Highly recommend to all Naturals fans.

Can't wait for the next new series from Barnes!
mith
For the FIRST TIME, I knew what was happening and knew who the killer was. Hah!
Nancy The book junkie
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review to come!
Rebecca
Dec 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
Loved being able to revisit one of my favorite series!!
Rachel
4 STARS FOR "TWELVE" BY JENNIFER LYNN BARNES

What a treat to be able to have an extended epilogue to the series in the form of a novella! Twelve picks up five years after the ending of Bad Blood, where readers get to catch up with Cassie, Sloane, Lia, Michael, and Dean, and see where their lives and careers have taken them in the time in between. The novella itself was a quick read and easy to follow along with, but instead of just fluff that most novellas would contain, readers get to solve one
Mara
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-owned
I was happy to see a novella come out for this series that does a kind of "where are they now?" However, it does basically beg to have the series continue! I want more! :) That said, this is a novella that picks an appropriate story for its length and has a clear beginning, middle, and end, rather than just being a "day in the life" or extended anecdote. For that, I commend the author.
Maria
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Maria by: Louize
Shelves: e-book, suspense
The back stories are quite satisfying. I want more.
carolina ☾
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
Ugh Now i remember why these books were so tedious. How many times do i have to read how NOT normal Cassie and her deadass boring boyfriend are. What the Naturals are. What they can do. I've read the previous 4 books, godamn it!. I KNOW ALREADY. I don't Jennifer Lynn Barnes to be a pactriculary bad writer because i really enjoyed her The Fixer duology but this one... seriously
Emily Ross
I really liked this novella. I particularly liked the flashbacks to the age of twelve for all of the Naturals, though I think Michael and Celine’s were my favourites.

The plot was quick and easy. It was easy to guess who the UNSUB was relatively early on, but knowing that didn’t really impact on the story.

It was just so cool to see all the Naturals together (well, I suppose semi-together seeing as they’re split between Colorado and Quantico), still working together and solving crimes and finding
Samantha Jayne Grubey (ABookHaven)
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
I loved it. I want more....
I have no idea what I'm going to do... I just want more of this series, these characters. I just want more. I don't want it to end.
Christina (Between Bookends)
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Twelve is not like any of the novellas that I have read. The short form of the novella actually worked for the story, making it feel like this was the way it was always meant to be told. It also had a great pace. The only thing that made this story shorter was that there were less obstacles for the characters to overcome when dealing with the case. There was plenty of time to spend with the characters that I love while also building an interesting mystery with high-stakes. Like always, the story ...more
Paris
The Naturals series is one of my favorite young adult series. When it ended I was sad, but knew that I would enjoy going back and re-reading the books down the road. I was absolutely elated when I saw that Jennifer Lynn Barnes had published a novella in the series that took place 5 years after the last book. It was like having her read my mind and learn exactly what I needed in my life.

Although the novella was a quick read, I still savored every minute of it. I loved catching up with the charact
bjneary
Oh do I love getting back with the gifted teens, Cassie, Dean, Michael, Sloane and Lia. In this prequel, we find out backstories of the main characters as they rush to talk a teen off a ledge who beseeches The Naturals to solve 3 teen "deaths" she knows are murders. I just love getting back into each of the Naturals "gifts" profiling by Cassie and Dean, Lia, the lie detector, Sloane the numbers and computer genius, Michael the face reader. I especially enjoyed how Barnes reveals how their past p ...more
Courtney
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Twelve takes place six years after the Naturals series ended. We get a blast from the past when Mackenzie (from book 2 if my memory serves me right) demands to see Agent Briggs. However, she gets the Naturals which she didnt like at first, but as always Cassie finds away in. I had a few pointa where I just "knew" what was gping to happen. However, I am happy to say I was wrong. I hate when I can predict books. The only part I had right was Mckenzie joining the group even if ahe has to wait three ...more
Kristina Lenarczyk
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
I have not been shy about how much I adore this series. This novella was exactly what I didn’t know I needed, and it was great to see all of the characters together again. The dynamic and writing is still the same, and it still had the psychological thrill that I crave!
taylor
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-releases, owned
{4.5/5}
Holly
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
SOBS it's so hard to say goodbye to my babies
  • The Grift of the Magi (Heist Society, #3.5)
  • Theirs Ever After (The Thalanian Dynasty #3)
  • The Perfect Candidate
  • Good Night, Sweet Prince
  • See How They Lie
  • Maybe This (The McCallans, #4)
  • Watcher in the Woods (Rockton, #4)
  • The Row
  • The Maiden Thief
  • That Game We Played During the War
  • The Spring Before I Met You (The Lynburn Legacy, #0.25)
  • Olivia Kidney and the Secret Beneath the City
  • Small Wars (Sin du Jour)
  • Lucky Day (I Hunt Killers, #0.2)
  • Splinter
  • Uncanny Magazine Issue 3: March/April 2015
  • Bitter Frost (Mythos Academy: Colorado, #1)
  • Flash Point
Jennifer Lynn Barnes (who mostly goes by Jen) was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She has been, in turn, a competitive cheerleader, a volleyball player, a dancer, a debutante, a primate cognition researcher, a teen model, a comic book geek, and a lemur aficionado. She's been writing for as long as she can remember, finished her first full book (which she now refers to as a "practice book" and which none ...more

The Naturals (5 books)
  • The Naturals (The Naturals, #1)
  • Killer Instinct (The Naturals, #2)
  • All In (The Naturals, #3)
  • Bad Blood (The Naturals, #4)