Start by marking “The Ruins (Nick Randall #1)” as Want to Read:
The Ruins (Nick Randall #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

The Ruins

(Nick Randall #1)

NICK RANDALL is an archeologist who believes mankind isn’t alone on Earth. When a mysterious benefactor funds his research, he departs to find the lost city of Vilcabamba. Hidden deep in the Amazon, Randall believes the city holds proof that his contentious theory is true. Upon arriving at the ruins, he mysteriously disappears.

Randall’s beautiful daughter SAMANTHA learns o
Published August 30th 2017 by Ravenswood Publishing (Devil's Tower) (first published April 10th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Ruins, please sign up.
Robert Rapoza Yes, there is a paperback version for sale on Amazon. It just came available a few days ago. Thank you for asking.
Robert Rapoza I’ve always been fascinated by the idea of lost civilizations and the daring men and women who search for them. When I was younger, I remember being…moreI’ve always been fascinated by the idea of lost civilizations and the daring men and women who search for them. When I was younger, I remember being glued to the TV when Leonard Nimoy narrated the show ‘In Search Of’. His deep, baritone voice, describing mysterious events, taking place in far off, exotic locales was almost hypnotic. I was hooked. Before his show, I didn’t know these types of amazing mysteries existed. Lost planes, ghost ships, civilizations unseen by humans for thousands of years were too good to be true. And the locations? The Bermuda Triangle, Easter Island, Ancient Egypt. I had to see these places.
In fact, I wrote a blog article all about this and you can read it hear if you like:
(less)

Stacy
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Ruins is a book about some ancient ruins in the heart of the Amazon Rain Forest, that many believed were myth and didn't exist. One archaeologist, Nick Randall, in particular, believes that they do exist and is on the quest to prove it, and to prove that they come from an ancient advanced civilization not of this world. Most of his contemporaries had written him off as crazy, but one lone professor/ friend. Now, Nick Randall is missing. Others also believe that the ruins exist and hold the s ...more
Darth Vix
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’d like to send my thanks to the author and the publisher Ravenswood Publishing for giving me the chance to read this book in exchange for an honest review.

In The Vilcambaba Prophecy we follow an archaeologist Nick Randall to the Amazon where he has been studying a tribe that lead him to the mysterious ruins of Vilcambaba. He is on a quest to prove his controversial take on technology and mankind thanks to the generosity of an anonymous benefactor. Little does he know that his benefactor will s
Derek White
Apr 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Review has been done in conjunction with Nerd Girl Official.
For more information regarding our reviews please visit our Fansite: www.facebook.com/NerdGirl.ng

Readers will quickly realize that the author has talent. The action starts very early and continues throughout the tale. Everything, from the scene to the characters are so well described you will imagine you are there and will identify with them.
I was not surprized to read that the author was runner up in a competition for new action tales
Johnny Rodriguez
This is a great page-turner! Had fun reading and could not stop until the end. Definitely one of my top thrillers as it left me wanting more. Suspenseful, fun, adventurous, Rapoza does a great job at bringing the exotic locations and characters to life and feeling the action up to the last and every single chapter. Highly recommend this to any sic-fi, adventure, thriller and all around action enthusiast to read The Vilcabamba Prophecy. Can't wait to see what else Nick Randall gets into.
Jan
Very fast-paced, keeps you glued to the page to see what's next. Not for the squeamish, as the visuals of post-impact are quite explicit. There's manipulation, coercion, turncoats and traitors, bada$$ baddies, as well as archaeologists, Peruvians, scholars, space engineer, and beautiful, if dangerous scenery. Stick to publisher's blurb for clues, no spoilers here.
Gifted to me through LibraryThing Giveaways.
Jim Warner
Apr 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was hard to put down. I'm a sucker for fantasy fiction that has anything to do with archaeology and ancient knowledge so this was right up my alley. Needless to say, I was pulled in from the beginning. I would like to have known more about the aliens but I guess I can look forward to a sequel.
Nadhiah Aida
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book
Very tense from the climax to the end ...
The story is good ... Really like Indiana Jones but have a bit of alien thing ..
Kathy Floyd
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such an exciting book!

I read The Bermuda Connection, which was Book 2 first, and it was so good, I had to come back and read The Ruins. This book was full of excitement, fighting, extraterrestrial influences...so, something for everybody! Now, I need a book 3!
Jeff
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Vilcabamba Prophecy by Robert Rapoza is a thrill packed action/adventure/fantasy that will keep the reader rivoted from beginning to end. The thrill-ride starts in the first few pages rigt after we meet Dr. Nick Randall when he becomes missing on an archeology expedition in Peru. His darghter, Dr. Samantha Rndall, is soon called in to locate him snd she finds herself in the same type of danger as her missing father. Now, both doctors and their expedition parties find themselves running form ...more
Laurie Johnston
Move over, Indiana Jones!

Archaeologist, Dr. Nicholas Randall, holds some controversial beliefs that nearly cost the man his career. Will they ultimately also cost him his life?

On his latest academic adventure, he’s ambushed deep in the Amazon. Concerned that Nick has disappeared, his colleague, Dr. Francisco Andrade, begs Nick’s daughter, Sam, for help; but, trailing his path to Vilcabamba, the city her father hopes to find, Sam falls under attack as well.

Turns out, Randall’s benefactor—wealth
Arun
May 08, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lost-interest
This book is one-part boring video game and one-part Star Trek away mission. The main characters do little else other than shuttling between base camp, Cave Number 1, Chasm Number 1 and Grave Number 1. It got to a point where our hero goes on a quest to Grave Number 1 to retrieve an artefact, then goes to Base Camp to retrieve the same artefact, retrieves said artefact (which is of course under security so primitive even a cockroach could break in), leaves Base Camp, then returns after two pages ...more
Deedra
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Audible:This was annoying at the start because I do not care for dramatization, sound effects and music in my audiobooks.That being said I found the book really good.Narrated nicely by Christopher Shelby Slone.An archeologist is lost in Peru.He has been kidnapped by a former associate who wants to find a lost civilization with a power supply ready to steal.The daughter of the archeologist goes looking for him.People die, things explode, etc.I was provided this book by the author, narrator or pub ...more
Emmy
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
(Audiobook)

I first picked up the book ... and just didn't have the time to read it. When I came across the audiobook, I was soo thrilled!!! And I was totally not disappointed and WOWED by the book and audio.
Full effects ... reminds me of some of the higher quality podcasts when they first came out.
Tight story, very exciting, informative (no info dump!), and thrilling.
No plot holes!!
The characters are mostly intense, flesh-and-blood with credible actions, reactions, and emotions. The estrang
S. Daisy
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a sci-fi action/adventure novel with historical undertones. It takes place mainly in the jungles of Peru, in either the year 2012 or 2016 (the book does not make the time frame very clear).

Nick Randall is an archaeologist with some very controversial theories that cause his peers to spurn him. He believes that mankind may have had some assistance in its technological development, going back hundreds of years. Otherworldly assistance. Set on proving himself and his theories to the world,
Ectrader
Apr 30, 2016
Mike
Jan 26, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The Everest Files (Everest Files, #1)
  • Death Mask (Rogue Angel, #52)
  • The Last Flight: A Novel
  • Cracked Earth (The Journal, #1)
  • Enter a Glossy Web (Enter a Glossy Web, #1)
  • The Devil's Sanctuary (Will Jaeger #3)
  • Storm Rising (Storm Thriller #1)
  • Boy X
  • The Eagle's Quill (Secrets of the Seven, #2)
  • The Fourth Ruby (Section 13, #2)
  • The Watchman (Marc Portman #1)
  • Mortal Threat (Threat, #4)
  • Shadow Kill (Strike Back #2)
  • Red Earth
  • The Wrecking Crew (The Wrecking Crew #1)
Robert Rapoza is the award-winning author of THE RUINS, a 2015 Clive Cussler Adventure Writers Competition Semi-Finalist, and THE BERMUDA CONNECTION, a 2017 Pinnacle Award winner and National Indie Excellence Award finalist. His action-packed thrillers have been described as a cross between Dan Brown and Indiana Jones, keeping readers riveted from beginning to end. Tommy Howell from Readers Favori ...more

Nick Randall (2 books)
  • The Bermuda Connection (Nick Randall #2)
“Randall was surrounded. He was deep within the bowels of the Earth, hopelessly cut off from any help, as he stood facing a group of strange looking beings.” 1 likes