Start by marking “Particular Attachments (Particular Intentions Series Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Particular Attachments (Particular Intentions Series Book 2)

Particular Attachments (Particular Intentions Series Book 2)

She swore would never marry!

Georgiana Darcy is a lady with a secret! The last thing she wants is to return to London, but what else can she do when her brother and his wife make plans to spend the Christmas season in town. When Lizzy’s youngest sister, Lydia, joins them, Georgiana gains a confidante, but will Lydia’s outgoing nature cause problems when Lord Sele, son of a
Published September 14th 2017 by L.L. Diamond

To ask other readers questions about Particular Attachments, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Particular Attachments

Debbie Brown
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jaff, 2017-jaff, i-own-it
4.5 rounded up to 5 stars

This excellent sequel to Particular Intentions focuses on Georgiana Darcy. She's now twenty years old and years past the usual age of coming out in society. She may have recovered her spirits at home with close family since her traumatic experience with George Wickham, but Georgiana continues to be very fearful of London society despite the fact that he's now dead. She is certain she has no interest in ever marrying.

Lydia Bennet has recognized the need to behave with mo
J. W. Garrett
“Things get better – hurt less – over time. If you let them.” –Rainbow Rowell, Attachments

This book follows book 1: Particular Intentions: It is recommended that the reader check out book 1 because… there is a lot of information that is different from canon. Several pairings went into another direction and that will throw the reader off while they are in book 2. It had been a while since I read book 1 and I was constantly going… wait… how was that situation again? This Lydia is a completely diff
wosedwew
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. ~Joseph Campbell

Particular Intentions (the first book in this series) tells us that Georgiana’s Ramsgate encounter was much more serious than in Canon and she was actually raped by Wickham in his attempt to convince her to elope.

(view spoiler)
Meredith (Austenesque Reviews)
A Compassionate and Compelling Tale of Conquering the Past

TYPE OF AUSTENESQUE NOVEL: Pride and Prejudice Sequel, Minor Character

TIME FRAME: Takes place four years after Particular Intentions, Georgiana is 20 years of age

SERIES: Book 2 of 2 in the Particular Intentions Series (while stand alone, I would recommend reading Particular Intentions first to enhance enjoyment and understanding)

SYNOPSIS: It has been five years since Ramsgate and Georgiana Darcy has still not made her debut. Because of wh
Lynn
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another Great Read From L.L. Diamond

This is a continuation from the previous book Particular Intentions. It deals mainly with Georgiana Darcy and the impact from Ramsgate. It is a lovely story about her growth in trust and courage. The book also allows us to see what is happening to Lydia, as well as Darcy and Elizabeth. I really enjoyed this book and I believe it is a great sequel to Particular Intentions.
Elin Eriksen
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
While ODC is present in this book, the story is largely Georgiana Darcy's.
It is a moving, difficult, engaging and at times a funny read. Brought tears to my eyes, then had me laughing out loud and all of the in between.

Would recommend to read "Particular Intentions" first as this book enters 4 years after that book but it is not a hundred prosent necessary as it can stand on its own.

The Darcy's has had a son, William and he is a funny little chap. Georgiana has turned twenty and are living comfo
Mary Ann
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this novel and it is worth the five star rating. It has depth not only in the characters but the plot as well. I also thought that the story was mostly about Georgiana and it included Lydia Bennet which brought some smiles and chuckles along the way. I also thought that each of the girls brought out the best in each other. The author did each of the characters justice through her writing.
I enjoyed this novel better than the first one in this series and don't know why. Maybe because the
Jenifer Hanen
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Although I am a few chapters from the end, I want to say how much I am enjoying Particular Attachments. L. L. Diamond has crafted a lovely, poignant, and hopeful follow-up to Particular Intentions with a focus on Miss Georgiana Darcy's growing up, healing, making friends, and then her romance.

I am not a big fan of the romance genre, as many novels are so formulaic, but the author has crafted a lovely romance that is also a coming of age story.
Joan
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Avid Reader

After reading Particular Intentions for the second time, I started reading the second novel. Georgina's mental state remained the focus and how she overcame the trauma of rape. Lydia also made a major transformation after hearing how the leading ladies of Hertfordshire really felt about her mother. Mrs. Goulding called her a strumpet, and she was mortified, finally understanding how her inappropriate behavior affected her friendships and ability to find a husband. She was basically sh
Deb Hughes
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book👍😁

A book this well written about Georgiana is hardly ever written. Loved the family relation with the Lindseys and especially Nathaniel. The love he had fir Georgiana spanned for years and helped her overcome so much. Fantastic book!!!
Carole (in Canada)
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: JAFF, Romance
It has been one year since I had last read Book 1, 'Particular Intentions' which mainly focused on Elizabeth Bennet and Fitzwilliam Darcy. Before reading 'Particular Attachments', I decided to re-read it again to keep all the details fresh in my mind and to allow the story flow. I do feel it is necessary to read 'Particular Intentions' first to understand all the dynamics.

This is Georgiana's story and how far she has come toward healing due to the assault by Mr. Wickham at Ramsgate. I felt Ms. D
Elin Eriksen
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While ODC is present in this book, the story is largely Georgiana Darcy's.

Nikii
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: austenalia
LL Diamond is always a joy to read, but she surpassed herself with this one. There's not too much I can say without spoilers, except that she handled Georgiana's particular issues with a sensitivity and grace few authors have managed, in my experience. I'm SO glad I re-read Particular Intentions immediately beforehand, as I was able to jump into this continuation without having to rack my memory for mentioned people/incidents.

And if Ms. Diamond reads these reviews, allow me to add a plug for a n
Susan
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This P&P sequel continues with Georgiana's story. Some years have passed since the events of Ramsgate, Georgiana is now 20 and is spending the season in town. With her is Lydia, a new calmer (mainly) Lydia, as Mr Bennet is about to re-marry. Can Georgiana allow herself to love, will Lydia find happiness.
Family friend Lord Sele vowed as a boy to marry Georgiana. So is his return from his estates in Ireland a coincidence or are his thoughts on her.
An enjoyable well-written story
Rachel Collins
Feb 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: pemberly
A nice follow on to Particular Intentions. I appreciate seeing Georgiana and Lydia a bit older and more mature, and its certainly a perfect story for how Georgiana finds love. Her suitor is perfectly patient and committed, exactly as he'd need to be to win over Georgiana after all she as been through. I was hoping to get more glimpses and scenes of Darcy and Elizabeth together as a couple, but the narrative never strays from Georgiana.
Lara
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great book!

I love L.L. Diamond! I have yet to read a book by her I didn't like. Her books are fresh, with real characters, and clean language. If you are a JAFF reader, you must read this author's books. You won't regret it. On a side note, if you'd like to read this story, you'll get more out of it if you read Particular Intentions first. Enjoy!
Julia M
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely

I really enjoyed the storyline. It was very well written. Georgiana's past with George Wickham was so heartbreaking. Nathaniel was quite endearing and steadfast. I wish more would been said about Mr. B and his new situation.
Michelle
Jun 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Lovely

I thoroughly enjoyed this sweet, lovely and wonderful story inspired by L. L. Diamond inspired by author Jane Austen’s classic Pride and Prejudice
E Jeanette
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful sequel, maybe even better than the first!!!!

Even though this was Georgiana’s story, there was plenty of ODC, and the author did a fantastic job delivering a complex and deep story that had such obstacles, but love won out against the odds. I could hardly put it down. My favorite scene was Darcy supporting Elizabeth in labor and then delivering his baby. Sigh!! But Georgiana and her “prince” were awesome, too. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!
Susanne
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Perhaps because I had read several of the opening chapters at Austen Variations, I had a more challenging time than usual in sinking into this novel. But once I did, I went gangbusters trying to find out what happens between Georgiana Darcy and her childhood nemesis, Nathaniel. Considering the crazy week I've just managed to survive while juggling the teaching of two Brave Writer classes and grading many essays for my business, it was a miracle that I finished this book at all.

It does help to r
Elmo
Good story, way better than Particular Intentions.
Just one thing: what's with the eyebrows? All the characters are constantly raising their eyebrows or frowning with a line between their eyes. It became a bit annoying in the end.
Apart from that, I loved Georgiana, Lydia and the storyline about Mr. Bennet was a nice touch.
E. Vriese
Oct 25, 2017
Cindy
Oct 22, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
L. L. Diamond is more commonly known as Leslie to her friends, and Mom to her three kids. A native of Louisiana, she has spent the majority of her life living within an hour of New Orleans until she followed her husband to the ends of the earth as a military wife. Louisiana, Mississippi, California, Texas, New Mexico, Nebraska, and now England have all been called home along the way.

After watching